• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Shop has them right now! I just grabbed one at $39 for a $50 card. I think that is the only denomination that has a deal. Not sure if it's today only. They had tons of cards but I was there at 6 am. No signs up but it's in their flyer.

Just got one. I totally wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say so since there were zero signs saying so, thanks.

Gadirok

I ended up getting dark souls (avoided the lineup at ebgames by pricematching at bestbuy
) and uncharted dual pack.

I convinced my friends to pick up sleeping dogs at 20, and we went across mississauga retail stores trying to find a copy of need for speed:most wanted at 40 but had no luck. It was sold out everywhere for the ps3 version, which really surprised me.

It was a okay day, but malls and stores were crazy and people were buying just for the sake of buying. No real sales IMO.

Cheerilee

Checkout this Futureshop Doorcrasher:

EFGCO.jpg

Doorcrasher price is what they should be in the first place :lol

My brother said that he saw on the local news they were talking to a guy who was camping out outside Futureshop since 11:00PM on Christmas (seven hours in the cold and rain) and they asked him what he wanted so badly, and it was those HDMI cables.

My brother said he almost fell over laughing.

zroid

Banned
My brother said that he saw on the local news they were talking to a guy who was camping out outside Futureshop since 11:00PM on Christmas (seven hours in the cold and rain) and they asked him what he wanted so badly, and it was those HDMI cables.

awahahahaha, poor guy

iphys

Camping out 7 hours for an HDMI cable, lol! What a sad Boxing Day this was. I didn't buy anything. It seemed like Black Friday/Cyber Monday was a bigger deal this year than Boxing Day.

MPW

LMAO

i hope someone recorded that and put it up on youtube

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

oh dear

Well you never know, maybe the dude has hemispatial neglect or something and could only take note of half of that ad D:

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Jesus Christ...

So I've never gone Boxing Day shopping before, but I went out to Futureshop this afternoon to try and pick up a tablet keyboard/case combo that was $60 off. Luckily they still had a bunch because, for whatever reason, they put them in an entirely different section from the tablet accessories. They were all in a box near the customer service! I was just about to leave when I spotted them.

Anyway, since I got there at 3pm pretty much everything else that was a very good deal had been stripped from the store (except for iTunes gift cards I suppose). After we paid for it, we were again just about to leave, when suddenly three different people walked by with Playstation 3D TV's. I'd gone by the TV section earlier and they'd been long gone, so I asked one of the guys where he got it from, and he said that they literally just put out a second shipment. So I calmly walked over to the TV section and there was one left.

So now I have a 3D Playstation TV/monitor. Probably going to use it as a computer monitor or just something to put in the bedroom. Pretty good Boxing Day!

Razdek

Banned
Man, those Playstation 3D Displays must've bombed hard now that they're clearing them out at $99. I feel like a chump when I paid $179 earlier this year :\

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
For everyone that bought a PlayStation 3D Display press the 3D button 3 times every time you turn it on to minimize the horrible ghosting/color smearing. Your welcome.

Hilti92

Just got back from the FS in Dartmouth and it wasn't too bad. Got there at about 5:15am and there was probably 30 people in line. Managed to get a PS3 3D display anyways. By the time the store opened there were probably 100 people in line. By the time I left there were 0 3d displays left.. They went like hotcakes. Thanks GAF for letting me know to go early. Also Bestbuy was nuts. The line was probably 80 people long by the time I got to FS at 5:15..

Sora_N

I bought Transformers DOTM Blu-Ray for $8 at Futureshop and some Lego (got 50% off at the Lego store), weak Boxing Day. I bought some shoes for my lady though, was an 'ok' deal.

I guess I did spend this year for BD lol.

I went today to my SDM and while there was no Assassin's Creed 3... I managed to snag for $5.99 - Fallout:New Vegas and Pokemon HeartGold.

I don't normally do this but I'm going to resell Pokemon for $20 - $25.

Sora_N

I went today to my SDM and while there was no Assassin's Creed 3... I managed to snag for $5.99 - Fallout:New Vegas and Pokemon HeartGold.

$5.99? HOW? lol. Would I be able to priceadjust mine? (Bought 3 weeks ago)

Conceptor

Wut. Did you redeem points or anything? I think they should both be $20 @_@

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Ebgames has 30% off of ubisoft titles, but when you click the ad online and it shows all the titles they're still regularly priced. I want ZombiU ... But is it worth it for 30% off the price?

Ebgames has 30% off of ubisoft titles, but when you click the ad online and it shows all the titles they're still regularly priced. I want ZombiU ... But is it worth it for 30% off the price?

The 30% off gets applied once you put a game in your cart. I snagged ZombiU yesterday in-store with the discount and played it for over 3 hours last night, enjoyed the hell out of it. Great atmosphere and makes really good use of the GamePad. Frustrating when you lose all the gear you had accumulated if you fail to recover it from your previous survivor but cool when you come across one of your Friends zombies shambling around and you loot their gear.

KarmaCow

Does it make me a bad person if the mail in rebate seems like too much of a hassle? Someone tell me its easy :(

Do you even want the mouse? Honestly, the hassle of dealing with mail in rebates, no matter how small, isn't worth yet another mouse sitting in some box in the basement.

IceIpor

Are the new AMD FX chips worth upgrading to from a 1090t? I found a decent sale on them at a local shop.

Since no one else replied to this already...

It depends on which FX chip.

If it's the 8350: then it's a decent upgrade. 8320: slight upgrade. 6300 or lower: not really an upgrade.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=146

Mind you, I'm only posting about the Vishera/Piledriver revision. I'd avoid the first gen FX (Bulldozer/Zambezi/8150) chips at this point.

DJ_Lae

My boxing day/week hit - Dark Souls for ten bucks.

Now my launch CE tin has a game to go inside again after I traded in my previous copy to get something free at Future Shop (I forget what at this point, maybe it went toward my Vita).

Sora_N

Nope, they were in the "$19.99" bin but the bin itself said, "Boxing Day Blowout - $5.99" and both games were just hanging out in there. Other games in the bin weren't really anything of note though.

Was it Boxing Day only? I'm gonna stop by my local SDM after work to check it out. Hope it's Boxing Week so I can adjust.

either way, it doesn't include postage! :p

No, but when it comes to postage, you don't always have to pay for it.

For instance, you can always go up to a friend and say:

"remember that time I saved your life? I need you to do a little something for me....."

NOW WHAT YOU ":p"ING MUTHAFU-

I kid, yes postage is there.

Yawnier

Banned
Looks like I'm going into SDM tomorrow to get a copy of OOT:3D for $20. So hopefully they still have stock. I was also considering Mario Tennis Open, but I haven't heard all that many positive things about it.

Also going to either EB or FS tomorrow to pick up a copy of Sleeping Dogs and (maybe) Max Payne 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom