• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, they were in the "$19.99" bin but the bin itself said, "Boxing Day Blowout - $5.99" and both games were just hanging out in there. Other games in the bin weren't really anything of note though.

I got SoulSilver and Rumble Blast yesterday for $20, maybe it's for one location only? Hopefully I can price adjust as well.

Just a note - the mouse isn't wireless (it's for gaming or something, I dunno), but it's still pretty great for 14 cents or whatever it is.

Apparently today's snow storm broke records in Montreal.

web-debrastuck-2712.jpg

photo9_zps35da5d8d.jpg

How is the rest of the Canada looking GAF?

Sora_N

I swear my walmart has 2 in the case but the stupid old man in electronics just "checked the back" and didn't bother with the game case and said they had none.

I worked at TRU at Metrotown until the week before Christmas, we had a non-moving stock of Basics for a while. I don't know if maybe people got desperate and bought Basics lol.

Honestly, Nintendo should have just sold purely Deluxes or purely Basics. Two SKUs just doesn't work out.

Cheerilee

Does it make me a bad person if the mail in rebate seems like too much of a hassle? Someone tell me its easy :(
It's easy.

Photocopy receipt (if NCIX doesn't just give you a copy).
Fill out online form correctly with your name/address. Submit.
Print form.
Write your return address on an envelope. If you screw up writing your own name, go get a new envelope and try again. Use mailing labels if you're lazy and you have them.
Cut their address from the printed form. Add USA to the bottom of the address with a pen (they forget that part). Stick the address to the envelope (I like using packing tape).
Cut the barcode from the mouse's box using a sharp knife. Don't cut mouse. Don't cut self.
Tape the barcode to the printed form.
Staple the copy-receipt to the printed form.
Fold paper and stuff the envelope.
Lick horrible envelope glue (I like to add a stripe of packing tape just in case the glue fails in-transit).
Add postage to USA and drop it in the mail.

Forget.

Quite a long time later, a prepaid $10 American Express card will arrive for you in the mail (you can use it almost anywhere, but there are some places you can't). Unless you got screwed somehow, but you might not even realize since it's been so long and you forgot. But by most reports, you won't get screwed unless you did something wrong.

It's essentially a free mouse, if you can use another mouse (I got one last time it was this price because I could use a spare), and the price is a minor bit of hassle.

B-Dex

I worked at TRU at Metrotown until the week before Christmas, we had a non-moving stock of Basics for a while. I don't know if maybe people got desperate and bought Basics lol.

Honestly, Nintendo should have just sold purely Deluxes or purely Basics. Two SKUs just doesn't work out.

The TRU website goes back to teh homepage if I click on wii u consoles :(. LOL

I am fated not to have one I guess. What times does that TRU close? 8pm thurs?

Cheerilee

According to the news, more than a dozen people from Metrotown called 911 yesterday because of people "stealing" parking spots and traffic not moving. The police want to remind everyone that this is not what 911 is for.

Metrotown also wants to remind people that their main parking garage does have a P2 level... and that the old theater parking by Save On Foods is a ghost town...

"I've been circling for half an hour and I can't get into any parking spots!"

Sora_N

According to the news, more than a dozen people from Metrotown called 911 yesterday because of people "stealing" parking spots and traffic not moving. The police want to remind everyone that this is not what 911 is for.

Metrotown also wants to remind people that their main parking garage does have a P2 level... and that the old theater parking by Save On Foods is a ghost town...

Oh jeebus, I'm glad I quit working at Metrotown.

When I read stealing i thought actual theft. I worked in the video games section (lol not by choice, they eventually threw me in there) and last year we lost so many games. The scumbags even stole Syndicate and FFXIII-2.

B-Dex

People here are soooo dumb. I am not surprised. Just head down to P2 or station square parking.

Vancouver weather: mild with light rain, the usual.

I was actually going to go to metrotown today, glad I didn't. All I did today was buy dark souls and a Hugo juice, bought some beats for my brother because I get deals at the source and watched the lord of the rings. I'd call it a success.

wingz

First time I had to shovel snow in like 2 years in the GTA. Bought Sonic Racing Transformed. Don't know if I should open it, or wait for when it goes down to $19.99.

Sora_N

Vancouver weather: mild with light rain, the usual.

I was actually going to go to metrotown today, glad I didn't. All I did today was buy dark souls and a Hugo juice, bought some beats for my brother because I get deals at the source and watched the lord of the rings. I'd call it a success.

Where did you pick up Dark Souls? the most convenient EB is Metrotown but I'm just too damn lazy right now. I'm not dying for that game anyways.

Where did you pick up Dark Souls? the most convenient EB is Metrotown but I'm just too damn lazy right now. I'm not dying for that game anyways.

I live in south surrey so I picked it up in Grandview corners. Guy said it was the last one and pulled it out from underneath a stack of games. It seemed to be sealed correctly and the disc is flawless so I will chalk it up to good timing, but yeah I'm guessing ymmv there is another eb games in south surrey by the safeway as well, didn't check there.

Wanna lol? Some dumb cunt was trading in all of his Wii games. Motherfucker had some jank ass games like chicken shoot and NHL 10 and was getting 50 cents per game. The guy and his son just sat there as the clerk eviscerated any chance they had at getting their money back. Also they brought an empty game case. Their giant stack of Wii games netted them 15 bucks, might as well keep it all for Gods sakes. Then some 14 year olds tried to buy blops 2, aat least the guy at the counter was very nice about saying no. I got my game and got the hell out.

Sora_N

Wanna lol? Some dumb cunt was trading in all of his Wii games. Motherfucker had some jank ass games like chicken shoot and NHL 10 and was getting 50 cents per game. The guy and his son just sat there as the clerk eviscerated any chance they had at getting their money back. Also they brought an empty game case. Their giant stack of Wii games netted them 15 bucks, might as well keep it all for Gods sakes. Then some 14 year olds tried to buy blops 2, aat least the guy at the counter was very nice about saying no. I got my game and got the hell out.

Haha I've seen people try to trade in PS1 games a few years ago, like FFVIII. I offered them $20 instead and got the game off them.

A lot of kids tried to buy CoD when I worked at TRU, not really smartasses or anything, just stupid kids. I always ask teens for ID though since they think I'm stupid. :p

Omzz

So I think Canada Post is being weird with the tracking again..

Ordered a TV off Best Buy on Boxing Day, and it said it would be delivered on the 28. All the tracking information is showing is "Information received at Canada Post" or whatever it is. So I'm guessing it's not coming tomorrow or are they just being late with the updates?

B-Dex

Metro closes 9PM every night except Sunday (7PM).

604-668-8330

They had one but the one they gave me has the blinking light of death! LOL Have to go exchange it tomorrow :(.

Will I have to pack it all up or can I get them to open it and swap the main unit? Or will they even exchange it? He said they had tons still.

BONUS: Nintendo rep was there and I got some swag for buying it!

jred2k

Ordered a TV off Best Buy on Boxing Day, and it said it would be delivered on the 28. All the tracking information is showing is "Information received at Canada Post" or whatever it is. So I'm guessing it's not coming tomorrow or are they just being late with the updates?

I think Canada Post is just being really slow to update/unreliable right now. Currently my tracking page says that order information was received at 10pm tonight.

Sora_N

They had one but the one they gave me has the blinking light of death! LOL Have to go exchange it tomorrow :(.

Will I have to pack it all up or can I get them to open it and swap the main unit? Or will they even exchange it? He said they had tons still.

BONUS: Nintendo rep was there and I got some swag for buying it!

You should have told Leonardo that Victor sent you, lol. I talked to the Nintendo rep a lot, see him a lot around. :p I wish I got another Paper Mario sticker book from him, that book was great!

That's unfortunate about the Wii U, but you will do best by bringing into the whole box with the Wii U. They'll just give you a brand new one, unless they changed their procedures, but it will still depend on the CSR.

xCobalt

Yeah, I was scheduled to get an item today but the item is listed as "In Transit". I'll probably be getting the item tomorrow.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ottawa was nearly just as bad... we whinge less about it though... that's two big storms in a week and now we've gone from seeing grass to having three foot plus snowbanks on either side of my driveway...

Ottawa got about as much snow, but it seems like Montreal had a lot of winds with their snow. We had a pretty calm day otherwise.

Apparently today's snow storm broke records in Montreal.

http://thumbnails.cbc.ca/maven_legacy/thumbnails/166/824/web-debrastuck-2712.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/olegk/photo9_zps35da5d8d.jpg[IMG]

How is the rest of the Canada looking GAF?[/QUOTE]

No new snow here in Calgary for almost a week. Nothing like that yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom