• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I got the $99 playstation tv and the Sennheiser HD 439's for $49 so I guess I'm just staying home tomorrow there's nothing else I wanted.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Do any retailers in Canada sell Google Play gift cards? I haven't come across any in Best Buy but I haven't checked shoppers yet.

whitehawk

Banned
PS3 TV worth it for $99 even if you barely use it?

I'm building an arcade cabinet and that is a very cheap fit!
Gonna try to get one myself tomorrow. When does Futureshop/BB open tomorrow?

edit: Is it actually on-sale tomorrow in-store? It's confusing because FFs website says boxing day says are 24th to the 25th.

edit2: 6am? Fuck...

zroid

Banned
I noticed the 3DS Epic Mickey game is $19 at Wal Mart. The demo was pretty bad, and reviews/impressions have been negative, but it might be worth a shot for 19 bucks. It's really pretty, if nothing else.

Yawnier

Banned
I noticed the 3DS Epic Mickey game is $19 at Wal Mart. The demo was pretty bad, and reviews/impressions have been negative, but it might be worth a shot for 19 bucks. It's really pretty, if nothing else.

I just tried the demo for it today and I was unimpressed. The art style is nice and the paintbrush mechanic is somewhat enjoyable, but that is about it.

I do not even think I would pay that much for it, considering it is also supposed to be quite short in length.

Small favor: Next time any of you see Zelda OOT 3D at SDM, take a photo of the game with the price, maybe stores will price match.

Any in Toronto? The few downtown don't have any, this guy I spoke to was pretty ignorant and said no other SDM has it, even though he doesn't have the capacity to check the stock of the other stores, just assumes.

zroid

Banned
I just tried the demo for it today and I was unimpressed. The art style is nice and the paintbrush mechanic is somewhat enjoyable, but that is about it.

I do not even think I would pay that much for it, considering it is also supposed to be quite short in length.

Yeah, I'm probably going to pass myself. Half price after a month is quite a bomba, anyway :\

krae_man

Man, I want to buy the Pulse Elite headphones and they are cheapest at The Source but I didn't get any Source Gift Cards.

And that Card Swap site I saw on Dragons den is ass and has no inventory. :(

I need to decide what I want to get tomorrow.

whitehawk

Banned
Man, I want to buy the Pulse Elite headphones and they are cheapest at The Source but I didn't get any Source Gift Cards.

And that Card Swap site I saw on Dragons den is ass and has no inventory. :(

I need to decide what I want to get tomorrow.
$69 at The Source right? Very tempting. I think I need to try them out first though. I don't know where I'd be able to do that though.

Gxgear

I wouldn't take too much stock in people bragging about their exploits on there, it's a huge epeen-fest and their stories exceeds reality.

Case in point: he later says he's got 2 takers already willing to pay $165 each. I find it hard to believe that someone that took the time to look for a very specific product on craigslist/kijiji wouldn't take the same time to look up its MSRP- days before Boxing Day, no less.

NeoZylom

Kitchenaid Ultra Power mixer for $179

Yay or Nay? Don't have a mixer...don't know if I need one. This seems like a really nice price.

This one is $50 more but uses a lifting bowl and comes with metal attachments. Seems like it could be worth the extra money but it's also only in black. :(

Lifting bowl is nice, but it's really noisy ... It shakes like hell. The one you showed has a tilting head, might be better??

Also, both models you showed are 300W. So I think I would go with the 179$ one ...

Do the Pulse or regular Sony headsets work with any bluetooth device or do they require a special dongle on PC/PS3. I'm considering one for tomorrow. After watching Giant Bomb today I'm also considering XCOM but that isn't on sale anywhere. :/

Mikey Jr.

Do the Pulse or regular Sony headsets work with any bluetooth device or do they require a special dongle on PC/PS3. I'm considering one for tomorrow. After watching Giant Bomb today I'm also considering XCOM but that isn't on sale anywhere. :/
They have to be used with the included usb dongle. Having said that, i have the old version and dont regret it in the slightest. I heard the new version is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom