• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

They have to be used with the included usb dongle. Having said that, i have the old version and dont regret it in the slightest. I heard the new version is even better.

The new one has a headphone jack so you can connect them to your Vita or other portable device. Box says they work on PC too. Not sure if the USB dongle will work on PC or not.

Gadirok

Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning.

Not to be the downer, but this boxing day looks dissapointing.

Im in for dark souls for sure, and wanted a crack in time, until some of you guys mentioned it was $5 before. That kind of warded me away from that purchase.

$99 for the ps tv is insanely good, especially since it comes with motorstorm apocalypse, something I have been wanting to play forever, but the fact that there are issues with the display, coupled with the fact that I would need to purchase another set of glasses for simulview to work pushes me away from it.

I dont have the room for the monitor anyways.

Ao just dark souls for me, which is going to the back of my backlog anyways.

Was really hoping for a killzone trilogy and dualshock 3 deal. Really wanted both and am angry that the usa black friday deal actually had a camo dualshock 3 with the killzone trilogy for 39.99, something I would have gone crazy over. But that bundle isint even available in canada.

zroid

Banned
Any place online where I can buy Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii outside of overpaying on Ebay?

Not looking good, man. I can't really explain it, just a couple months ago it seems EBGames stores were stocked full of extra copies, and you could even spot an odd new copy for sale at Best Buy (somehow). Now suddenly they're nowhere to be found.

A friend of mine was hoping to get it for Christmas and was quite thoroughly distressed to learn it's completely unavailable.

Gadirok

Ugh, still debating whether to go in the morning to grab Dark Souls. So lazy.

Im just dragging along with a few friends. I wont care that much if I miss out on it, I never even bothered to getting around demons souls so I am in no rush.

I was really hoping for dual shocks to reach 20 and the killzone trilogy to reach 20. That sounds insane, but its all I really wanted and wanted to fork over for it. That bundle in the states has left me envious.

Anyone doing Canada Computers (Ottawa/Kanata) boxing day? Some nice stuff, but there don't seem to be special hours, they just open at 10:00 am like a normaly day? How can it be a boxing day sale if I don't have to get up at 4 am to wait in line? It just seems.... wrong, somehow.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone doing Canada Computers (Ottawa/Kanata) boxing day? Some nice stuff, but there don't seem to be special hours, they just open at 10:00 am like a normaly day? How can it be a boxing day sale if I don't have to get up at 4 am to wait in line? It just seems.... wrong, somehow.

"December 26, 2012 (Boxing Day):
All retail locations will be open from 8:00am until 6:00pm. "

http://www.canadacomputers.com/Holiday_Policy.html

Ps3 headphones with the Mic are sold out at metrotown. Fuck I don't want to spend money when I can use giftcards... But the source currently has them double discounted on my EPP. First world problems.

Anth0ny

Best bet is to check reviews.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/27.html

perfrel_1920.gif

Now, this is the MSI Twin Frozr, but it should be roughly comparable to the Asus. Keep in mind the 7870 here is also the base model, so the MSI would be likely a bit faster/cooler as well, so maybe add another 5% to it.

In all likelyhood, the 7870 is 5%...maybe 10% faster than the GTX 660 at best. NVidia often has the advantage with new releases however, which can occasionally have poor support for AMD at launch. Your best bet is to look up benchmarks of games you'll be playing and see if one card greatly outdoes the other.

From a performance point of view, the 7870 wins. I'd personally go the GTX 660 just because of what I've seen from AMD in the past, but to be honest, you can't go wrong either way. If you go AMD, absolutely get the MSI.

Get the MSI. I fucking hate MIR but it's a good card.

Thanks for the help guys. Bit on the 7870.

For the first time in my life... I'm joining the master race.

193-feels-good-man-ru6ejsa.jpg

STEAM SALES HERE I COME

whitehawk

Banned
I thought when it came to HDMI cables, "quality" doesn't really matter.
It's not as big as an issue compared to analog, but it's still an issue. I bought 3 HDMI cables from monoprice a few years ago. 2 worked fine, but one of them had issues. After about 15 minute of use, it started to flash the screen black. Like every 3 seconds. Every 3-4 seconds the screen would flash black for .5 of a second. Really annoying. Other cables worked fine with the same devices.

MarkusRJR

Where can I buy Persona 4: The Animation Collection 1 (blu ray)? It's not available at Best Buy/Future Shop and there's none available at any local HMV. It's actually impossible to find. :(

As someone who's currently using a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 6770: What would be an affordable upgrade that would allow me to play games natively at 1920x1080 (thinking about purchasing a new monitor)

isny

napkin dispenser

Hilti92

Guys just a heads up, SDM has a bunch of games on for $20. Not sure if it was posted previously but I went in this morning and saw AC3 for 360 on for $19.99 and asked about it, the guy said it is on PS3 too and a bunch of others are on for $19.99. Went to FS this morning to find out they were closed despite it saying on their website their stores open on the 26th where I live. Oh well, got AC3 cheap anyways..

Anything in particular you want to pick up?

Going for a PC upgrade, time to get off of this old AMD; i5 3570K, mobo, new power supply and 16GB DDR3 (and one of their door crasher 3TB if I can snag it). My old stuff is going to the wife, so "it's okay, its not [just] for games" :D

Just got a new iPad for Christmas... any idea where I could get a discounted iTunes gift card? I saw them discounted a few times before Christmas.

Future Shop has them right now! I just grabbed one at $39 for a $50 card. I think that is the only denomination that has a deal. Not sure if it's today only. They had tons of cards but I was there at 6 am. No signs up but it's in their flyer.

Yeah, Future Shop at open on Boxing Day. First time I've done that. What a fucking madhouse. Keele & St. Clair location. I didn't expect that many people. Maybe a bunch going in for the Door Crasher deals. I was wrong and it was packed to the rim. Grabbed myself the iTunes gift card I mentioned and the $79 Sony PS3 Headset. Not quite ready to pay over $100 for headphones.

Those PS3 3DTVs were going like mad. That was definitely the hot item. Saw one guy buying three.

Quadratic

First time in a while I'm not going out for Boxing Day. Nothing exciting for me. I made a a bunch of purchases on Black Friday so that really put a dent in things this year.

I am looking for a deal on a vita memory card. Whitehawk also asked about it a page back. Seems like those never go on sale.

whitehawk

Banned
Future Shop has them right now! I just grabbed one at $39 for a $50 card. I think that is the only denomination that has a deal. Not sure if it's today only. They had tons of cards but I was there at 6 am. No signs up but it's in their flyer.

Yeah, Future Shop at open on Boxing Day. First time I've done that. What a fucking madhouse. Keele & St. Clair location. I didn't expect that many people. Maybe a bunch going in for the Door Crasher deals. I was wrong and it was packed to the rim. Grabbed myself the iTunes gift card I mentioned and the $79 Sony PS3 Headset. Not quite ready to pay over $100 for headphones.

Those PS3 3DTVs were going like mad. That was definitely the hot item. Saw one guy buying three.
Yup, they were. Went to the Yonge & Dundas location. I got there at 4:50am. I thought I got there pretty late, but by the time the store opened, there were tons and tons of people behind me. I was able to grab a Playstation 3D monitor myself
3AQmK.gif
There were probably 20 or so monitors, they were all gone within 5 minutes.

Also grabbed Sennheiser headphones for $69, $110 off.

zroid

Banned
A used copy of 1080 Avalanche for $3.75... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hot tip: if anyone in the GTA wants a used copy of Tetris DS for $15 (AMAZING), check dejavudiscs.com right now. It's $20 and they have a 25% off everything sale running.

EDIT: looks like it's gone! too good a deal to last, I suppose

krae_man

Got my shopping done. Picked up the Elite PS3 headphones, Midway Arcade Origins, and the new RE movie.

Aldo, as an added bonus I got out of the Mall without Justin Bieber showing up!

RS4-

Got my shopping done. Picked up the Elite PS3 headphones, Midway Arcade Origins, and the new RE movie.

Aldo, as an added bonus I got out of the Mall without Justin Bieber showing up!

But your boxing day would've been more enjoyable if you got a chance to punch him in the face.

RS4-

btkadams

I haven't traded in a game in years, so I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me. How much do you think ebgames/futureshop would give me for hot shots vita? It's 19.99 MSRP now. I have the physical version and would rather have the digital version on sale for $10 right now on ps+.

zroid

Banned
I haven't traded in a game in years, so I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me. How much do you think ebgames/futureshop would give me for hot shots vita? It's 19.99 MSRP now. I have the physical version and would rather have the digital version on sale for $10 right now on ps+.

just a guess, but probably like 5 bucks

lupinko

Not surprising, but I got everything I wanted.

NSMB2 - $29
3DS XL Red/Black - $149
Sandisk 32GB SDHC x2 - $19

Now I just have to sell off my OG Cosmo Black 3DS then I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom