• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

A bit of wind here today but clear skies. Also, saw this on my facebook couldn't resist to share:

XVUsW.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
they should clear it all within a few days, so you will be alright next week
Checked the weather for next week. Seems fine. Haven't been to Montreal in the winter before! Excited :). Hoping to stop by that little neat game store... Can't remember the name, but I bought a neat NES keychain last time I went.

Checked the weather for next week. Seems fine. Haven't been to Montreal in the winter before! Excited :). Hoping to stop by that little neat game store... Can't remember the name, but I bought a neat NES keychain last time I went.

Game Buzz?

Also, I personally hate the city, and I was born there, it's not a place (or anywhere in QC period) for a pure (or near) English person such as I, un-readable signs, always having to tell people you don't speak French, hearing the language all around you, not being able to understand shit. How about not getting a proper job until you pass the language in school? Tried level 1 French, was impossible. :/

Glad I'm finally back in Toronto where I belong, I had no choice at the time to go to Montreal due to tragic events in my life at the time... :(

I'm glad you like it, I just can't see the appeal.

bryehn

Picked up a 3DS XL from Wal-Mart.

Anyone know what the TIV on a regular 3DS is at EB these days? I'd assume something insulting like $40-50.

So this might sound weird, but is anyone here, or any of your friends in the gva interested in a pinball machine? I've got a 1977 gottlieb jungle queen four players. I honestly sont want to sell it, but I might not have a choice...

It was a $70 off Coupon.

Was it? My bad

I just know I also got a 25 dollar gift card after finding out other tsiloners who ordered their 3ds a few days later got it with a free game, FS wouldn't allow me to return it and re-buy and use the coupon again but they eventually sent me a gift card

krae_man

Was it? My bad

I just know I also got a 25 dollar gift card after finding out other tsiloners who ordered their 3ds a few days later got it with a free game, FS wouldn't allow me to return it and re-buy and use the coupon again but they eventually sent me a gift card

Yeah, regular price was $169.99. I gave it to a friend and he bought the Pink 3DS so he could get 3D Land or MK7 Free(I forget).

seantos

Neo Member
I really regret not jumping on the playstation 3d display bundle now that it seems like its sold out. Anyone know if you can get them from anywhere else still? I see the price went back up to $129 on futureshop and bestbuy even though they are out of stock. Any chance of these coming back in stock or was this sale just to clear out any remaining stock they had left? Anybody else carry these? I am in Saskatchewan if that helps.

I really regret not jumping on the playstation 3d display bundle now that it seems like its sold out. Anyone know if you can get them from anywhere else still? I see the price went back up to $129 on futureshop and bestbuy even though they are out of stock. Any chance of these coming back in stock or was this sale just to clear out any remaining stock they had left? Anybody else carry these? I am in Saskatchewan if that helps.

You can buy it off that RFD hoarder that bought around 9 units. I think he's selling for $175 or something

Lothars

It depends on where you live in Saskatchewan but I was in PA on boxing day and they had around a dozen left at Futureshop. I am not sure if they still have any left but probably wouldn't hurt to check.

seantos

Neo Member
It depends on where you live in Saskatchewan but I was in PA on boxing day and they had around a dozen left at Futureshop. I am not sure if they still have any left but probably wouldn't hurt to check.

I am in Regina, but I guess I will have to go check out futureshop and bestbuy in person just on the off chance they have any left. The website isn't showing stock levels locally so I guess they could have some left. Did any other stores really even carry them? I know the online sony store had it but was listed for 499 still and its out of stock. Did places like walmart or london drugs even carry them ever?

Lothars

I am in Regina, but I guess I will have to go check out futureshop and bestbuy in person just on the off chance they have any left. The website isn't showing stock levels locally so I guess they could have some left. Did any other stores really even carry them? I know the online sony store had it but was listed for 499 still and its out of stock. Did places like walmart or london drugs even carry them ever?
Walmart did, Toysrus did as well, I am in Regina as well. If I see one around town i will PM you.

kitzkozan

Wow. This dropped in price quickly. I knew the normal edition was on sale during Black Friday for 20-30$ but I'm a bit surprised the LE price crashed down quickly. It's a shame because the game looked really great.

It's the whole DLC/season pass thing that turned me off from the game.

Is it worth it if you don't buy any DLC?

It's worth it if you get the basic game for cheap (got it for 20$) and wait for discount on the season pass. :p The LE doesn't look to be worth it, especially if you compare it to the Forza motorsport LE.

Sora_N

The iPad case I bought from Best Buy apparently shipped and was delivered today successfully...the receptionist never got anything, wtf? Lol. Not the first time this has happened too.

B-Dex

You should have told Leonardo that Victor sent you, lol. I talked to the Nintendo rep a lot, see him a lot around. :p I wish I got another Paper Mario sticker book from him, that book was great!

That's unfortunate about the Wii U, but you will do best by bringing into the whole box with the Wii U. They'll just give you a brand new one, unless they changed their procedures, but it will still depend on the CSR.

Got it exchanged and the new one works flawlessly! The girl and manager were very helpful today too.

Sorry for the DP!

Anyone know where in Toronto I can SOMEHOW get a PSP Street and get it cheap? Someone from Ajax is selling it on Kijiji for $110, but it doesn't look like it'll happen unless he/she can come all the way more in Toronto. :/

Is it even good? My Pink 3000 that I got for $99 at TRU back in the day kinda gives me trouble (the stick is slightly off, causing slow auto-movement).

krae_man

Anyone know where in Toronto I can SOMEHOW get a PSP Street and get it cheap? Someone from Ajax is selling it on Kijiji for $110, but it doesn't look like it'll happen unless he/she can come all the way more in Toronto. :/

Is it even good? My Pink 3000 that I got for $99 at TRU back in the day kinda gives me trouble (the stick is slightly off, causing slow auto-movement).

The street was never officially released outside Europe.

MSRP is £84.99 which is around $150 Canadian.

Socreges

Banned
Any drawbacks to this Acer laptop? I'm not great with differentiating between computers. Looking for value here. Just 4GB of RAM and 1.8Ghz being the low points compared to other laptops. If I'm not looking to run games, but hoping to run programs like Photoshop and Adobe Premiere, and for the laptop to not face any performance problems over the next few years, I should be fine? I honestly don't totally understand the significance of Processor Speed and what it affects.

Thanks

whitehawk

Banned

Why would you buy a PSP street? You'll end up paying more for it than you would a PSP-3000.

Kraftwerk

I just realized I have 38000 shoppers optimum points, which equals $60 off a purchase.

Do you guys know if I can use that on items that are on sale.

For example shoppers has the 3DS XL for 170....so I will get it for $110?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just realized I have 38000 shoppers optimum points, which equals $60 off a purchase.

Yes, you can use it on any items except for gift cards, transit passes, lotto tickets, meds. For the best value for your points, you generally want to secure 50,000 or 95,000 points and redeem them on the Mega Redemption days, when their values are even higher.

zroid

Banned

You can use the points on anything except gift cards, pretty much.

krae_man

It's amazing how the post boxing day prices are better then the boxing day prices. I guess there are lots of idiots who will buy anything on boxing day thinking it's a deal even if it isn't.

I'm still baffled that the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2's were $150 before christmas and now $199 is a door crasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom