• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunohara

ThirstyFly said:
I finally got an email back from a different person yesterday trying to be sympathetic to my issue, but basically telling me they have absolutely no idea how to help me and offering no further assistance. Made it sound like I was being unrealistic for expecting them to know about their own promotions or at least be able to contact someone that did. It took me 6 days to get to this point only to have them give up. It didn't sound like they went past their own desks to find out as I was never contacted by anyone who addressed themselves as being higher level.

This is completely absurd. I'm going to try calling their support line and I will definitely be writing snailmail to their head office on the disgusting level of support I've received in hopes that it helps in the future (I am not missing out on Robin in Batman Arkham City because these guys can't get their act together) but it doesn't look like I'll ever get this issue resolved.

Wow, that really sucks man. My job is basically dealing with customers all day, and I can tell you when there is a problem and it needs to go to someone higher, I'll go to my boss no problem, and get her to try and fix it. Where I work at least, if we receive a letter from a customer, the higher ups do take it seriously, so hopefully they'll be the same when you send the letter. It is good you are sending it by snail mail. Makes much more of an impact than an email.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gamejunky said:
anyone happen to know if the blockbuster discount is up to 40% now like it was rumored to be?
According to RFD, still 15%, some employee said maybe Thursday it will go up but take it with a grain of salt. Apparently one store in Winnipeg has 40% off or something. Call your local store to be sure.

RS4-

You guys know if the Gears 3 Limited Edition includes the steelbook or is that for reg/standard only?

Called store and the online dudes, they didn't have a clue.

SickBoy

SpaceBridge said:
What BBV did you go to, cuz the one i went to on Saturday was bare of any good games.

Sounds like he went to the same one :)

(Just kidding, I liked Vanquish... not as much as the folks in the OT for the game, but I had fun with it)

RS4-

I hate myself for wanting the Gears 3 console.

Anyone in Toronto want my 2 month old 4GB slim, two controllers (one still LNIB, only to take out batteries) and a 120GB HDD with it?

edit - http://i.imgur.com/Di9oG.jpg

The controllers are actually one LNIB, the other is sealed. Ignore the chatpad in the image. Will include all the games and headset as well as seen in picture.

Only used the console for Third Strike Online; games are just from a previous 360.

krae_man

I still haven't even got my shipping notice for Star Fox 64 from Bestbuy. I ordered it for $24 durring that E3 deal they had.

I recieved Zelda OOT no problem, I wonder why they aren't shipping me Star Fox?

vulva

RS4- said:
I hate myself for wanting the Gears 3 console.

Anyone in Toronto want my 2 month old 4GB slim, two controllers (one still LNIB, only to take out batteries) and a 120GB HDD with it?
how expensive would it be? I have an old 360 but wouldn't mind upgrading if it's decently cheap.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
krae_man said:
I still haven't even got my shipping notice for Star Fox 64 from Bestbuy. I ordered it for $24 durring that E3 deal they had.

Has your credit card expired? Call them.

krae_man

Fuzzy said:
Has your credit card expired? Call them.

Nope, sent an email today.

They ignored both my emails about the HP touchpad fiasco so I'm not expecting much from a company who actively decides to ignore complaints, but I guess that's what I have to put up with to get a $40 game for $24.

Lourio

Would anyone know if I can pickup Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries locally or would my best bet be online?

Just saw some in the pickup thread and remembered I need to purchase them. lol

Edit: RS4-, how much would you be selling the console? May be interested if the price is right.

RS4-

Patrick Roy said:
Would anyone know if I can pickup Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries locally or would my best bet be online?

Just saw some in the pickup thread and remembered I need to purchase them. lol

Superstore/Loblaws; I think they're just Sanyo branded and don't have the Eneloop text.

Canadacomputers if you're near one, they're on sale here and there

krae_man said:

That's really odd, I received my copy on Friday. Ordered it during the e3 sale as well. Guess you will just have to bug them about it.

Lourio

RS4, the GOW3 360 edition console comes with the standard version of the game according to Ice-T's Youtube unboxing video. Link

Thanks for the info, guess I will have to buy the batteries online since Loblaws doesn't exist in Quebec anymore.

RS4-

Patrick Roy said:
RS4, the GOW3 360 edition console comes with the standard version of the game according to Ice-T's Youtube unboxing video. Link

Thanks for the info, guess I will have to buy the batteries online since Loblaws doesn't exist in Quebec anymore.

Yeah I caught the unboxing video. Futureshop is apparently including them as a separate case (well unsure about the console but yes to the epic and limited editions of the game)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just saw this tweet from Best Buy.

*Super Savings ALERT* - 250GB Xbox 360 for only $197.99 and Wii console with Mario Kart only $117.99 - Starts Fri/16th til Thurs/22nd.

Hyunkel6

Fuzzy said:
Just saw this tweet from Best Buy.

*Super Savings ALERT* - 250GB Xbox 360 for only $197.99 and Wii console with Mario Kart only $117.99 - Starts Fri/16th til Thurs/22nd.
Is that the bundle with the five games?

krae_man

Bestbuy said "It's a known issue and we're working on it and it should be cleared up in 24-28 hours."

It got stuck with a couple of Vita games I ordered or something. All the games in that preorder sale had different release dates, you'd think this wouldn't happen.

My NHL 12 from the E3 sale at FS hasn't shipped yet
Seems that since it got stuck in a shipment with Bioshock Infinite it fucked up their computer system =/

How a company that sells tech can have such poor systems always baffles me

krae_man

BigJonsson said:
Seems that since it got stuck in a shipment with Bioshock Infinite it fucked up their computer system =/

That's what happened with my Star Fox. They better have that fixed by the time my FS games release.

Cactus

Banned
BigJonsson said:

Mine got stuck with another game too, but luckily it's at the "checking stock" stage right now so I'm hoping they ship it out soon.

mblitek

whitehawk said:
Does anyone know, is there a big Gears 3 Midnight launch anywhere in Toronto?

After you guys get your games at midnight launches and come home, do you play them/it? I stayed up late once for GTAIV and when I got home I was beat. Despite only waiting for 5min in line. Just went to sleep, can't say I'd ruin the game experience by playing grouchy & tiredly.

BigJonsson said:

I preordered NHL 11 with that E3 sale as well, and under my account it's said: "Checking Availability" all day.

I don't know what the hell that means, and considering every other game I preordered comes out in October or November, I'm pretty sure it's not getting lumped into another shipment.

Anyone know if I can pick it up in store somehow? I'm not in a huge rush to get it since I have a lot of work to do this week, but I don't want to be waiting weeks for this.

TheExodu5

Banned
mblitek said:
After you guys get your games at midnight launches and come home, do you play them/it? I stayed up late once for GTAIV and when I got home I was beat. Despite only waiting for 5min in line. Just went to sleep, can't say I'd ruin the game experience by playing grouchy & tiredly.

Yeah. I have no issues staying up to 5am playing a game I'm excited about. Hell, for Diablo 3, I foresee myself not going to bed at all. It's going to be very unhealthy.

Cudder

mblitek said:
Of course, that's the whole point. It's cool when it's a big online game too.

"Later, see you guys online in 15 minutes"

Home

mblitek said:

I drove up to Peterborough from the 401 (30 min each way) for the midnight release of Wrath of the Lich King, came home, installed it, played it all night long.

Luigi87 said:
Still waiting on my Starfox too. Thought it was my CC, it wasn't..

Same thing here :

Unfortunately, your order XXXXXXXX could not be processed for the item(s) below because your card did not go through.

You can easily change your method of payment by going to Order Status at any time. Or you can call your bank to help resolve any issues.

For the next 7 days we will continue to try processing your order with the cards we have on file, but we'll have to cancel the order if there are still no changes within that time.

My CC number was changed a while ago, so I tried to switch the order the my new CC, and it doesn't work. E-mailed them, got a "try to contact the BestBuy CC provider", even if I'm not with BB...

XOMTOR

Patrick Roy said:

If you have a Pharmaprix/Shoppers handy, you can get Duracell Pre-Charged batteries that are re-branded Eneloops. They come on sale once in a while for $7.99 per 4. Best price I've found. Check RFD forums as some of the guys there actively watch out for 'em.

Just make sure you check the package as the correct ones will have a white ring surrounding the positive pole. Also, try to see inside the package for "made in Japan". The reason I specify this is that Duracell also sells pre-charged that are sourced from China that aren't Eneloops. Those will have a black ring around the positive.

Deadly

Patrick Roy said:

What? There's a Loblaws about 5minutes from where I live

Lourio

Thanks for the info XOMTOR!

Where are you located Deadly? The Loblaws near my in-laws got bought out by Maxi. I'm pretty sure this was for all Loblaws...?

Deadly

Patrick Roy said:
Thanks for the info XOMTOR!

Where are you located Deadly? The Loblaws near my in-laws got bought out by Maxi. I'm pretty sure this was for all Loblaws...?
I'm on the South Shore, Brossard. I've been there recently but I haven't checked the sign, pretty sure it's still a Loblaws though. Guess it's just a matter of time?

snack

From RFD:
I wouldn't pull out the tents or cancel your pre-orders. I just heard that the manufacturer has set a MAP for Gears of War 3. As such Walmart will not be allowed to sell these limited or epic editions at a discounted price. A correction notice has been posted on their website.

http://www.walmart.ca/Correction-Notices

Electronics
Page 3
The correct pricing for Gears of War 3 is as follows.
These prices are in effect as of September 20, 2011:

Regular Edition (#30187519) 59.83
Limited Edition (#30187515/6) 79.83
Epic Edition (#30187517/8) 149.83

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
TheExodu5 said:
Yeah. I have no issues staying up to 5am playing a game I'm excited about. Hell, for Diablo 3, I foresee myself not going to bed at all. It's going to be very unhealthy.
Ugh, I hope it comes out this year. Futureshop is such a tease for sending the 'your order is still in our system' e-mail about the E3 sale every few months.

Stop reminding me, it makes the wait longer!

soultron

Banned
Hey dudes, does it cost money (COD charges, etc.) to pick something up from a Purolator depot? Got my Deus Ex from Futureshop shipped to me, but wasn't here for it.

Thanks. First time using Purolator so far and just had to ask that.

After I get my remaining 4 games from FS, I'll be avoiding Purolator like the plague. UPS or bust.

Kunohara

soultron said:
Hey dudes, does it cost money (COD charges, etc.) to pick something up from a Purolator depot? Got my Deus Ex from Futureshop shipped to me, but wasn't here for it.

After I get my remaining 4 games from FS, I'll be avoiding Purolator like the plague. UPS or bust.

I don't believe there are any charges. They don't charge extra for not being able to deliver a package. Purolator does suck large amount of balls. Never had a good experience with them.

krae_man

soultron said:

No you won't have any surprise charges.

Also: My NCIX touchpad shipped yesterday! Should get it today or tomorrow.

Lothars

soultron said:

You won't get any charges from Purolator, they are superior to UPS in every way, I can't stand UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom