• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lourio

soultron said:
Hey dudes, does it cost money (COD charges, etc.) to pick something up from a Purolator depot? Got my Deus Ex from Futureshop shipped to me, but wasn't here for it.

Thanks. First time using Purolator so far and just had to ask that.

After I get my remaining 4 games from FS, I'll be avoiding Purolator like the plague. UPS or bust.

May sound kind of dumb but be sure to bring some photo ID.
And yea, I never had any problems with Purolator; UPS on the other hand....

krae_man

There's only ever problems when the shipment crosses a border. If the shipment stays in the same country there won't every be any surprise fees.

WEGGLES

soultron said:
Hey dudes, does it cost money (COD charges, etc.) to pick something up from a Purolator depot? Got my Deus Ex from Futureshop shipped to me, but wasn't here for it.

After I get my remaining 4 games from FS, I'll be avoiding Purolator like the plague. UPS or bust.
Wha?

I have nothing good to say about UPS. Purolator has always been fine.

Firestorm

soultron said:

Just need Photo ID with correct address. Or some type of mail with name + correct address with your photo ID.

Spike

RS4- said:
I hate myself for wanting the Gears 3 console.

Anyone in Toronto want my 2 month old 4GB slim, two controllers (one still LNIB, only to take out batteries) and a 120GB HDD with it?

edit - http://i.imgur.com/Di9oG.jpg

The controllers are actually one LNIB, the other is sealed. Ignore the chatpad in the image. Will include all the games and headset as well as seen in picture.

Only used the console for Third Strike Online; games are just from a previous 360.

How much are you looking for?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
soultron said:
Thanks for the responses regarding Purolator, guys.
While you're there ask them about leaving packages without you having to sign for it. I've never done it since Purolator is 5 minutes away from me so it doesn't bother me to pick it up but I'm pretty sure they do it if you authorize is ahead of time.

xanavi

NCIX just got around to approving my price-matched HP tablet. I placed my order on the 20th like most people so don't lose hope if you're still waiting.

daevv

I have a $30 Zellers gift card and the last 2 weeks the store by me hasn't gotten any of the new releases. I was thinking Resistance 3 or NHL 12...Rumors are this one is closing right after Christmas and have liquidating sales all December.

Fularu

Banned
Patrick Roy said:
Thanks for the info XOMTOR!

Where are you located Deadly? The Loblaws near my in-laws got bought out by Maxi. I'm pretty sure this was for all Loblaws...?
Maxi and Provigo are part of the Loblaws group (Loblaws bought them up a while ago).

The one on Henri Bourrassa (Québec City) is open. Some Loblaws got rebranded as Maxi & cie, but that's about it.

Firestorm

If anyone in the Vancouver area want an HP TouchPad Touchstone Charging Dock for $45, lemme know before I Craigslist it. Still brand new sealed in box. I think it's sold out everywhere now.

isny

napkin dispenser
Mass Attack is now available to preorder from BB for $24.99 ($5.00 off for preordering). Use one of those Zelda 3DS $10 off codes and get it for $14.99! =D

(The BB ordering system is down now, so just try back later today!)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Firestorm said:
If anyone in the Vancouver area want an HP TouchPad Touchstone Charging Dock for $45, lemme know before I Craigslist it. Still brand new sealed in box. I think it's sold out everywhere now.
Aww, back in the Couv now? Did you end up getting one of the TouchPads?

Do FutureShop & Best Buy typically get many copies of these "limited" edition releases?

I usually download the map packs for these games so the hardened edition seems worth it. I'd pre-order from their web stores but I understand that doing so means I probably won't get it on day one.

So is it easy to track down these versions on the day of release? Alternatively, do either outlets offer pre-ordering for in-store pickup (and is this reliable)?

Thanks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PalaceBrother said:
Do FutureShop & Best Buy typically get many copies of these "limited" edition releases?

I usually download the map packs for these games so the hardened edition seems worth it. I'd pre-order from their web stores but I understand that doing so means I probably won't get it on day one.

So is it easy to track down these versions on the day of release? Alternatively, do either outlets offer pre-ordering for in-store pickup (and is this reliable)?

Thanks.
Yeah they do. And usually, limited editions are not actually very limited and can be founds months later unsold, but it's still game specific and you need to have an idea about if shipments are scarce or not.

Kunohara

Fuzzy said:
When I was in BC I cringed every time someone used Vancity. I hated it just as much as T-dot.

Do people still say T-dot. I haven't heard that term in years.

I actually heard someone yesterday refer to Sault Ste Marie as The Sault. I had to shake my head at that.

Dunlop

xanavi said:
NCIX just got around to approving my price-matched HP tablet. I placed my order on the 20th like most people so don't lose hope if you're still waiting.

I ordered mine on the 20th also, was processed on friday and shipped last night so you should get one soon

krae_man

isny said:
Mass Attack is now available to preorder from BB for $24.99 ($5.00 off for preordering). Use one of those Zelda 3DS $10 off codes and get it for $14.99! =D

Hope I get another $10 off code for Star Fox 64 not shipping on time. Make the game $15!

Spike

isny said:

What code is this and how may I acquire one?

cbox

I was on RFD yesterday and the hoopla was that there is going to be a 250gb 360 on sale for 200... now I can't find any info. Anyone? I need to upgrade my 360

snack

ConvenientBox said:
I was on RFD yesterday and the hoopla was that there is going to be a 250gb 360 on sale for 200... now I can't find any info. Anyone? I need to upgrade my 360
Best Buy has the 250 GB XBOX for $198 starting tomorrow.

Home

Ugh, Futureshop.ca seems to be horrible with preorders. Ordered NHL12 back in June during E3, CC was just charged today, and it still hasn't shipped. Don't really need this game day one, but for the others I ordered I'll probably have to go pick them up at the store, which is 45 minutes away.

Damn you FS!

Home said:
Ugh, Futureshop.ca seems to be horrible with preorders. Ordered NHL12 back in June during E3, CC was just charged today, and it still hasn't shipped. Don't really need this game day one, but for the others I ordered I'll probably have to go pick them up at the store, which is 45 minutes away.

Damn you FS!

This should be in the OP.

1. Buy copy of game from retail store. Retain receipt.
2. When second copy is shipped to you, return to retail store with receipt from step 1.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Lone_Prodigy said:

2. When second copy is shipped to you, return to retail store with receipt from step 1.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Does that actually work? You would think they would record UPC info or something on the receipt...

Crazymoogle said:
Does that actually work? You would think they would record UPC info or something on the receipt...

Well, yeah. Except that barcode is the same on every unit.

Unless you have a unit from a different region.

narcosis219 said:
Well, yeah. Except that barcode is the same on every unit.

Ah. Well, that does make some FS preorders easier to handle then...Not something really worth the legwork most of the time but if I was really desperate to play the new AC or something...

snack

Lone_Prodigy said:

3. ???
4. Profit.
I live by this.

Lothars

Home said:

Damn you FS!

I'm surprised because my copy of Dues Ex from that sale came on the 23rd and shipped on the 22nd which was the monday.

Home

Lone_Prodigy said:

3. ???
4. Profit.

That's what I meant by picking it up in store for future orders. Unfortunately, the closest store is 45 minutes away. I don't expect release date delivery but damn, they are slow.

Holy fuck people in my city are beyond gawddamned stupid. Blockbuster not only increased the prices of their used games, on par with (and in some cases greater than) new retail, but they still haven't lowered the discount percentage from %15 and people are buying everything up.

This is freaking maddening to go in everyday and see people purchasing used boat loads of games that they could buy new for the same price or less. There is no doubt that I am surrounded by complete morons.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nealand Liquor said:
Holy fuck people in my city are beyond gawddamned stupid. Blockbuster not only increased the prices of their used games, on par with (and in some cases greater than) new retail, but they still haven't lowered the discount percentage from %15 and people are buying everything up.

This is freaking maddening to go in everyday and see people purchasing used boat loads of games that they could buy new for the same price or less. There is no doubt that I am surrounded by complete morons.

Employees at RFD are expecting discounts to increase to 40% tomorrow.

Not even sure if my BBV has shit left.

Socreges

Banned
narcosis219 said:
The Couv lol. I gotta use that one some time.
I refuse to believe that anyone started calling it The Couv before I did. I heard people referring to Toronto as "T-Dot" so I mocked them by referring to Vancouver as "The Couv" and have used it (jokingly) ever since. Clearly any instance of The Couv has its origins in me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom