• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunohara

enzo_gt said:
Doesn't Amazon/Amazon Prime?

Also asking again, what day do the 40% discounts start? Monday?

Amazon.com yeah, not Amazon.ca

Amazon usually has nice sales/deals, but if there isn't any release day shipping, nope. It may seem silly to some people to want the game now, but when you have to wait a couple of days to play it when I can just go to a store physically and play it right now, what is the point?

Kunohara

ShaneB said:
Sounds good to me, guess I'm going with the cable options, thanks!

Also, time to wonder where to get Gears 3. Maybe I'll get it at Best Buy, having a gears tuque would be neat.

By the way, if wanna be a nice guy, you can give my name to the person you talk to when you get the service :) If you refer someone to them, they get $1 off their bill per month for every person they refer, for as long as you are with them.

Maddog

ShaneB said:
Sounds good to me, guess I'm going with the cable options, thanks!

Also, time to wonder where to get Gears 3. Maybe I'll get it at Best Buy, having a gears tuque would be neat.

Futureshop. They're giving out bandaids.

Dunlop

krae_man said:
Holy crap, my Touchpad order I placed with NCIX on Aug 20 just got processed and my card charged, price match accepted!

same here, quite the shock on the way home from work when I checked my e-mails. At order processed at the moment.

Luigi87

Anth0ny said:
Please be true. I ordered early that morning.

If it is any consolation, I cancelled my NCIX order over a week ago, so that gives you that much better a chance!

On another note...
Still no Starfox shipping from Best Buy.
Gettin' annoyed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Got a bunch of DVDs and Blus at BBV. Ponyo for $9.99 + 25% off (Blu), Jesus Camp for $6.99 + 25% off, Russian Ark same price, Whisper of the Heart same price (All DVD). All of the above were single copies at the store so I figured it wasn't worth waiting.

Game-wise, looked at the following:
- inFamous 2 $54 <-- 49 on Amazon
- Red Faction Armageddon $54 <-- 49 on Amazon
- Shadows of the Damned $54 <-- 44 on Amazon
- Conduit 2 $44 <-- 39 on Amazon
- Bulletstorm, $34 <-- 31 on Amazon now $19 on PC on Steam, to hell with trying to buy it on console.
- DNF $34 <-- third party sellers prices start at 29 new, 24 used
- Reach $34 <-- 34 on Amazon
- Bloodstone 007 $34 <-- 15 used from third parties on Amazon
- Portal 2 $34 <-- 44 on Amazon
- Ghost Recon rail shooter, Wii, $29 <-- 13 on Amazon, third party seller
- Knights Contract $24 <-- 39 on Amazon
- Muramasa $14 <-- 21 on Amazon
- SH Shattered Memories $14 <-- 32 on Amazon
(Amazon prices are new except where noted, BBV prices are naturally used)

BBV prices do not include the discounts, so take 15% off each. None of them are good right now, but some of these would be good at 50% off, others 70% off. Will keep checking through the next few weeks when they increase the discounts.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TheExodu5 said:
Nice price for Ponyo. Which reminds me: I still have a Blu-Ray copy of that movie and I have yet to watch it!

Yeah I would have been fine with $16 + 25% off or whatever, but even cheaper? More's the better.

Hey Canada GAF, looking to buy a TV for my new Ps3. Don't want to start a new thread on the subject so thought I would try here. I am looking for the best quality and no 3d please.

Magnus

spiderman123 said:
Hey Canada GAF, looking to buy a TV for my new Ps3. Don't want to start a new thread on the subject so thought I would try here. I am looking for the best quality and no 3d please.
Bought my Panny Plasma last year, and couldn't possibly be happier. Still the nicest PQ I've laid eyes on amongst all the TVs in stores, or at my family/friends' places. Just beautiful.

I'm fairly sure LEDs are the new hotness (or not so new) but I find the prices still too high.

Magnus said:
Bought my Panny Plasma last year, and couldn't possibly be happier. Still the nicest PQ I've laid eyes on amongst all the TVs in stores, or at my family/friends' places. Just beautiful.

I look the specs up thanks

Stumpokapow said:
Got a bunch of DVDs and Blus at BBV. Ponyo for $9.99 + 25% off (Blu), Jesus Camp for $6.99 + 25% off, Russian Ark same price, Whisper of the Heart same price (All DVD). All of the above were single copies at the store so I figured it wasn't worth waiting.

Game-wise, looked at the following:
- inFamous 2 $54 <-- 49 on Amazon
- Red Faction Armageddon $54 <-- 49 on Amazon
- Shadows of the Damned $54 <-- 44 on Amazon
- Conduit 2 $44 <-- 39 on Amazon
- Bulletstorm, $34 <-- 31 on Amazon 29.99 new at EB Games
- DNF $34 <-- third party sellers prices start at 29 new, 24 used
- Reach $34 <-- 34 on Amazon
- Bloodstone 007 $34 <-- 15 used from third parties on Amazon
- Portal 2 $34 <-- 44 on Amazon
- Ghost Recon rail shooter, Wii, $29 <-- 13 on Amazon, third party seller
- Knights Contract $24 <-- 39 on Amazon 19.99 new at EB games
- Muramasa $14 <-- 21 on Amazon
- SH Shattered Memories $14 <-- 32 on Amazon
(Amazon prices are new except where noted, BBV prices are naturally used)

Some of these would be good at 50% off, others 70% off. Will keep checking through the next few weeks when they increase the discounts.

Hope you don't mind, but I added some more prices that might be better than BBV's sale.

Were those prices without the 15% off?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
canadian crowe said:
Were those prices without the 15% off?

Yeah, those prices are pre discount / pre tax. I did it that way so that when the discounts rise later I can reconsult the list more easily. And thanks, I appreciate the info.

Cheerilee

PalaceBrother said:
I just got back from Blockbuster but didn't pick anything up. Point cards were long gone but there was still a really big selection of rental/used/new games for sale (for all three consoles). If you're near one it may be worthwhile to stop by today.

It was strange walking out of the store knowing that it would be the last time.
I saw some 2000 Nintendo Point cards (thought about getting one), but they were priced at $25 with 15% off. That made them $21.25 before taxes.

Futureshop/Best Buy has them for $20.

snorggy

I ordered Dead Island off Futureshop on release day since all the local stores are sold out and the website said it was/and still is in stock... but I've yet to receive a shipment notice... anyone else?

Blackhead

Redarse
-Pyromaniac- said:
if she is VERY happy with DSL and doesn't care about the price difference then stay, but otherwise I'd personally switch to cable. To me it's just always been more reliably in the long run, more consistent. The speed is still great and it will only get better.

Just me though. Also of the two evils, bell is a lot worse, so I'm always against supporting them.
Her only experience of DSL has been with Bell. She's given the one month notice but still has two more weeks before she can switch. I'll suggest the cable option but it appears a lot more complicated setting up.

RS4-

Ugh, not sure which version of Gears 3 I want to pre. The statue looks great but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $70 :(

Firestorm

TheExodu5 said:
Finally my case and touchstone dock are shipping from hp.
Mine too but I wanted to cancel since my dock from Future Shop shipped just one day before =[ I wonder if I can make a return to the HP Store in Vancouver...

spiderman123 said:
I look the specs up thanks

Hey man, make sure if you are going to get a Panasonic Plasma that you get a minimum S series model. It has the Neo-PDP panel which has wayyyy better blacks than anything before it.

Honestly I find all the models below S are really, really bad. Everything above S (ST, V, VT) are all amazing TVs.

Greyface said:
Her only experience of DSL has been with Bell. She's given the one month notice but still has two more weeks before she can switch. I'll suggest the cable option but it appears a lot more complicated setting up.
worth it in the long run though!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just found the answer to my question nobody answered here in the RFD thread about when the discounts kick in:

jacksorbetta said:
1st weekend: 25% off, with some items at 15%. (instruction booklets come today with the particulars)

1st week: (from Monday) 40%

2nd weekend and 3rd week: 50%

3rd week and 4th weekend: 70%

This is the current schedule to the best of my knowledge. The discounts may speed up depending on customer traffic and inventory levels. or stay at lower % if things are selling quickly.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merg...p-liquidation-thread-1079345/11/#post13437497

Monday's the day to go, then.

EDIT: Yeah.

10-4

The discount is expected to increase on Monday the 12th to 40% off. Whether that includes all items remains to be seen.

iphys

krae_man said:
Same with me, maybe they will give out a $10 off coupon again like they did with Zelda OOT.

They sent me shipping notice on Star Fox on Friday night. I didn't even think they shipped OoT late, at least not for me, so I think that was kind of laughable they felt the need to give us those coupon codes before.

Incidentally, I used my OoT code to pre-order Bit.Trip Complete, but I still don't see Bit.Trip Saga on their site, which seems kind of weird because I think they've sold every 3DS game so far.

Did anyone pre-order Resistance 3 at Best Buy and actually get their Nathan Hale skin pre-order bonus?

I didn't and customer support has been completely useless and fairly rude. I've been attempting to deal with them since Tuesday and they just keep ignoring my questions and trying to pass the buck doing things like telling me to contact the manufacturer like it's a missing part of something. They won't even acknowledge it's existence. Frustrating!

snack

ThirstyFly said:
Did anyone pre-order Resistance 3 at Best Buy and actually get their Nathan Hale skin pre-order bonus?

I didn't and customer support has been completely useless and fairly rude. I've been attempting to deal with them since Tuesday and they just keep ignoring my questions and trying to pass the buck doing things like telling me to contact the manufacturer like it's a missing part of something. They won't even acknowledge it's existence. Frustrating!
I hope I get my preorder skin with Gears of War 3. This sounds like a big hassle. What kind of things did they reply you back with?

krae_man said:
Holy crap, my Touchpad order I placed with NCIX on Aug 20 just got processed and my card charged, price match accepted!

Shit. I placed one on August 20th. Was your order for a 16gb or 32? I'm still not sure I even want one.

lol

snack said:
I hope I get my preorder skin with Gears of War 3. This sounds like a big hassle. What kind of things did they reply you back with?

Their first email after I explained the situation was just that they suggest I contact the manufacturer for a copy of it. And that's all... they didn't acknowledge their process for the code, any issues or even it's existence. Nothing.

I responded that me having to contact the manufacturer for Best Buy's promotion to be completely unacceptable and requested that they escalate my request to a supervisor or someone who has knowledge of their promotions.

I then supplied them two URLs to threads on forums.bestbuy.com where people who didn't get their codes were talking about how BB changed their process and they now email the codes. I was fully clear that I didn't know if this process was for the American stores only or not, but it may help them solve the issue here since no one seems to know what's going on. I also explained that the in-store clerk that took my order simply took my name and skipped the rest of the input fields in their system so there's no way I would be getting an email with the code. I'm aware she did this because I watched her put everything in since my last name is a little confusing to spell. I then politely requested they email me a code like the tech support has been doing on the American site.

After all that, the only reply I got back was that they "reviewed the link provided and have confirmed this is the US site." That's it. They didn't address my request for a supervisor or the emailing of the codes or anything.

I've never had such ridiculous customer service in my life. And to prove how incompetent they are, the contact email address customer support gives you for further assistance isn't even a valid email address. It just bounces right back. What a joke.

As for Gears skin, it says right on the site they'll email it to you, so if you've pre-ordered online you're probably okay. If you pre-ordered it in the store like I did for R3, I hope you gave them your email address. I didn't think anything of it at the time because they never did the email thing before and I naively assumed employees were educated on their products/promotions.

Socreges said:
Anywhere to find New Super Mario Bros Wii for less than $59.99? :/

There are probably copies floating around Craigslist since it was bundled with the red Wii.

But the best answer is probably Shoppers. The points make it worthwhile.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LowEndTorque said:
It was on sale at EB/GS for $9.99 brand new last month.

WTF? Though I presume you can't get it anywhere now, for that same price. Shit if I saw Vanquish in any store near me for that much I'd pull the trigger.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bishoptl said:
Walked into Blockbuster yesterday and got a new copy of Vanquish on PS3 for $12.99. Ye gods.

I had the 360 version in my hands and put it back on the shelf because I didn't believe it was going to be cheaper than $30 yet. Sweet. I will go grab it tomorrow.

iphys

I think BestBuy's customer support might be outsourced to India or something. I contacted their customer service once at 4 am, and they got back to me within 15 minutes, lol. I had to contact their customer service three times before they resolved my problem, but they did eventually resolve it.

iphys said:
I think BestBuy's customer support might be outsourced to India or something. I contacted their customer service once at 4 am, and they got back to me within 15 minutes, lol. I had to contact their customer service three times before they resolved my problem, but they did eventually resolve it.

I finally got an email back from a different person yesterday trying to be sympathetic to my issue, but basically telling me they have absolutely no idea how to help me and offering no further assistance. Made it sound like I was being unrealistic for expecting them to know about their own promotions or at least be able to contact someone that did. It took me 6 days to get to this point only to have them give up. It didn't sound like they went past their own desks to find out as I was never contacted by anyone who addressed themselves as being higher level.

This is completely absurd. I'm going to try calling their support line and I will definitely be writing snailmail to their head office on the disgusting level of support I've received in hopes that it helps in the future (I am not missing out on Robin in Batman Arkham City because these guys can't get their act together) but it doesn't look like I'll ever get this issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom