• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
1080p 32" TVs were around for quite a while, but they started phasing them out over the past year or two. You can still find them in the occasional place. I've seen some at Costco.

If you want to up your budget a bit you can probably pick up a 42" 1080p TV for about $400.

My Sony 32" LCD 1080p was around $399 four years ago, so getting a 42" for the same is a steal!

Deadly

Any good sales on BF3 premium for PC? Preferably the Premium pass and not the full game as I already own it.
You missed the one on the 26th on amazon.com for 30$. If you manage to sell or gift the base game, it's quite a good price. It also had 5$ of credit towards a list of games.

Just a heads up that EB has upped their trade in value for the 3DS from 70 to 85 dollars. Glad I waited until this morning. :)

Also, if anyone was like me and looking for Spec Ops The Line for relatively cheap, Amazon.ca is selling it for $24.99 - good enough! (Edit oops - looks like it was bumped back up to $35.99).

Hey guys, not sure where to ask this but what is the holiday return policy at Staples, specifically the electronics.

An iPad that is purchased on November 24, hasn't been opened, still have the receipt. I thought you can return it within 30 days if unopened and the holiday extended returns are applicable.

Correct me if I am wrong,

Thanks.

Man, I feel for you guys still buying games on consoles.

Believe me, if new consoles weren't directly on the horizon, I would have put down the cash for a gaming PC this past fall. I will end up doing that in a couple of years though, once the PC starts making visible strides above next gen consoles once again. I won't miss out on gaming PCs again.

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks this way. Not every console game is released on PC. And the software savings are offset by spending far more on the hardware.

Yep, consoles and PC's have their own advantages and disadvantages. I would love NHL 13 or RE6 for $20 on the PC, except NHL is console-exclusive and RE6 won't be out for a few months (plus it won't be $20 a couple months later).

Alucard

Banned
Glory-Of-Heracles_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002EE5RKI/
This is on sale for only $4.10 BRAND NEW on amazon.ca. Seeing the price, I quickly read up some reviews and most say it's a nice visual and aural package with an interesting story but slightly tiring gameplay. For 5 bucks? Worth a shot! I ordered it a couple of days ago.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I am finding sickening deals at Best Buy. There are a ton of deals of games. Rage, Max Payne 3, Dishonoured, all 19.99. Paper Mario 3DS and DKCR were 29.99, and I was disgusted and shocked to find NSMBWii for 59.99.

I found NSMBWii for $39.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart, as well as Donkey Kong Country Returns for only $19.99. Picked up DKCR!

Hilti92

I was going to trade some of my games in to get FC3 however I look at the TIVs website and see my games are only worth 1-3 bucks.. Fuck

I'm seriously considering picking up the Xbox 360 250 GB from Futureshop for $149.99, as that's getting into my impulse buy territory.

I'd mainly be picking it up for a few choice games, but primarily for XBLA. I'm not really enticed by any of the package deals right now, but I want to know if I'm getting the best price at $149.99 for the console itself. Thanks.

Presco

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks this way. Not every console game is released on PC. And the software savings are offset by spending far more on the hardware.

Started to write a long winded reply to this and realized it just isn't worth it and this isn't the place for it. Sorry for the crappy comment. It was an observation on the crazy price discrepancy between console and PC during sale time that might have carried a note of my ever growing disillusion with console gaming in general.

Socreges

Banned
Started to write a long winded reply to this and realized it just isn't worth it and this isn't the place for it. Sorry for the crappy comment. It was an observation on the crazy price discrepancy between console and PC during sale time that might have carried a note of my ever growing disillusion with console gaming in general.
Fair enough.

This community helps ease the pain of console software prices. I haven't paid full price for a game in a very long time.

Firestorm

I cannot remember the last time I paid full price for a game. In any case, games on Day 1 are cheaper retail most of the time. Digital Distribution services have 'em cheaper if you're willing to wait a half year on PC (both for game release and then price drops). I have both and enjoy both :)

I've been paying 40 dollars or less for all my console games the past 2ish years, and before that I was taking advantage of trade in deals

Tsilon.ca, so good

Quadratic

If anyone is interested Starhawk is a deal of the day on Amazon.ca today for $9.99 picked up a copy since it was so cheap. Limited quantities.

I cannot remember the last time I paid full price for a game. In any case, games on Day 1 are cheaper retail most of the time. Digital Distribution services have 'em cheaper if you're willing to wait a half year on PC (both for game release and then price drops). I have both and enjoy both :)

A lot of multiplatform titles over the past months could have been bought for around $30 on release day through various PC digital distribution retailers. I don't think you had to pay full price for any big budget game on PC this fall if you looked around for deals.

Alucard

Banned
Sorry, I just remember this game being a joke years ago when it was $5 everywhere and people would buy it for the Club Nintendo points and trash the game due to how bad it apparently was.

Really? Hmm, I'm still intrigued enough by youtube reviews and videos of the game. Plus, it has some Greek mythology. For only $5, I'll gladly take the plunge.

glory-of-heracles-20100205034314988.jpg

zroid

Banned
Really? Hmm, I'm still intrigued enough by youtube reviews and videos of the game. Plus, it has some Greek mythology. For only $5, I'll gladly take the plunge.

I've heard it's a decent little RPG tbh. I believe it's the first entry in a long-running series to be released in North America, and based on sales it'll probably be the last. I saw it on Best Buy shelves for $4.99 for months, and always considered picking it up. Never did.

krae_man

I paid $1300 + tax for my 32" Bravia XBR4 4-5 years ago. Worth every penny, expecially all the inputs on the back. I hate these new TV's with only 4HDMI and 1 composite/component hybrid on the back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does anyone know if some of the Future Shops in Vancouver still have the 3DS XL Bundles available? Just got home from vacation, thinking of picking one up, but not sure how available it is...

Sorry, I just remember this game being a joke years ago when it was $5 everywhere and people would buy it for the Club Nintendo points and trash the game due to how bad it apparently was.

Glory of Heracles is certainly not a bad game, especially if you like old school JRPGs. It's linear and has random battles (if you didn't like old school Final Fantasy, then you probably won't like this), but it has an interesting story that is actually unpredictable and exciting at points and the battle system has some variety. Grid based battles require some light strategy.

8-4 did the translation and its done well. It's well worth $5.

zroid

Banned
omg, purple 3DS for $100 in Best Buy's New Year's Sale

(it didn't say if this applies to all colours of if it's purple only)

wingz

Wow, @ the 3ds sale price. I never once saw the DS go in sale like that during it's lifetime. Compared to the 3ds, which has been on sale on a regular basis.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wow, @ the 3ds sale price. I never once saw the DS go in sale like that during it's lifetime. Compared to the 3ds, which has been on sale on a regular basis.

Actually the DS Lite went on sale for this price often during its last years. The first time it dropped to $99 here in Canada I was the one to get the scoop and post it on RFD weeks in advance. (Had got a copy of the flyer early from an employee)

Madouu

I've been wanting a 3ds for a while now but I was going to wait a bit for a few more games to come here and get the XL model but now this is really impulse buy territory.

wingz

Actually the DS Lite went on sale for this price often during its last years. The first time it dropped to $99 here in Canada I was the one to get the scoop and post it on RFD weeks in advance. (Had got a copy of the flyer early from an employee)

Yeah, true. The 3ds has only been out for only 1.75 years and its price has been all over the place, which I don't believe that happened in the DS's early life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom