• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

How does Tsilon make money? I know that they don't lose anything from giving away these codes, but how did they convince Future Shop to essentially give away $20 coupons to hundreds/thousands of people just for the halibut?

halibut2fwl6e.jpg

I'm glad they exist and all, I'm just curious what keeps them afloat.

Even discounted it still seems expensive. ~_~

Good for those who want one though, I suppose.
Seriously. I will pay no more than $50.

tsilon IS futureshop.
Mindblown.gif

Thanks.

btkadams

How does Tsilon make money? I know that they don't lose anything from giving away these codes, but how did they convince Future Shop to essentially give away $20 coupons to hundreds/thousands of people just for the halibut?

halibut2fwl6e.jpg

tsilon IS futureshop.

zroid

Banned
I offered an invite a few days ago but no one took me up on it :(

Still available.

Remember: you'll likely have to wait a couple weeks before it's processed.

DJ_Lae

I paid $300 for my Deluxe at launch, and $40 for the games I bought <3 Tsilon.

I know, I missed those coupons (the Bond one got me really sad, especially how it's out of stock everywhere now) as they came out when I was involved in moving and starting my new job.

Deluxe Wii Us are 330 at Costco (and plentifully available) :p

They're actually not in forced bundles? Costco's usually pretty bad about that, though they've gotten a tiny bit better the past couple of years.

No regrets with our Wii U. We've had a lot of fun with it and will have 600 hours of MonHan in by the time the first price drop hits. But the Wii U release schedule is horrendous for most people. Thank goodness for 3DS Q1.

What is coming out for 3ds soon? I've only played 3 games in the year I've owned it......just borrowed Res Evil from a friend though

zroid

Banned
3DS is looking pretty fantastic over the next couple months. Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Brain Age in Feb, with Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Castlevania in March.

Yawnier

Banned
What is coming out for 3ds soon? I've only played 3 games in the year I've owned it......just borrowed Res Evil from a friend though

Fire Emblem in 2 weeks (already mentioned) and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at the end of March.

There is also Etrian Odyssey IV at the end of February, if you're into that series.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

For me it'll be Fire Emblem, Etrain Odyssey 4, Monster Hunter, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Luigi's Mansion by the end of March. Other games coming out 'soon' would be HarmoKnight, Devil Survivor, Project X Zone, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Ace Attorney 5, Pokemon XY. Not to mention a long list of potential titles without localization announcements yet and the random stuff that pops up on eShop.

We 19 retail 3DS games (20 if you count our two copies of Mario Kart) and even more eShop content than that. Given that you have only found 3 games to play on the system, that release list might not appeal to you quite as much as it does to me.

Sora_N

For me it'll be Fire Emblem, Etrain Odyssey 4, Monster Hunter, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Luigi's Mansion by the end of March. Other games coming out 'soon' would be HarmoKnight, Devil Survivor, Project X Zone, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Ace Attorney 5, Pokemon XY. Not to mention a long list of potential titles without localization announcements yet and the random stuff that pops up on eShop.

We 19 retail 3DS games (20 if you count our two copies of Mario Kart) and even more eShop content than that. Given that you have only found 3 games to play on the system, that release list might not appeal to you quite as much as it does to me.

Luigi is out in March? Crap.

Sora_N

So far I'm just planning to get Ni no Kuni (Wizard's, ordered already), Fire Emblem Animal Crossing and Last of Us. I'm not sure about Metal Gear Rising yet, and Luigi may have to wait. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I could've swore that when people asked one of the Misters or a rep from tsilon if tsilon was just a subsidiary of FS/BB and they said something to the tune of "nope, that's be too easy, try harder." And that FS is simply the vendor they chose to partner with.

Rubius

Thanks - I almost bought - I clicked and then cancelled. At 80ish dollars with tax, I still can't bring myself to pay that much for it. I'll hold out for a bomba price maybe later this year. Not that I'm wishing any doom on the Vita - I really love mine.

Same. I wait for a 60ish dollar price.

Sora_N

So I finally set up a TV on my desk recently, and I finally used my Wii after like 3 years of neglecting it. I need an SD card for it though, anyone know the best place to find a cheap 2GB (non-SDHC) one for it? The cheapest I found was $7.52 at NCIX, if I can't find another place I'll just grab that.

Rubius

So I finally set up a TV on my desk recently, and I finally used my Wii after like 3 years of neglecting it. I need an SD card for it though, anyone know the best place to find a cheap 2GB (non-SDHC) one for it? The cheapest I found was $7.52 at NCIX, if I can't find another place I'll just grab that.

I seen 8gb for that price recently. Any reason why you want 2?
Here, http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000OF2F36/
8GB for 7$

Kazerei

Banned

Try Kijiji? Awhile ago, I sold a whole stack of old SD cards and memory sticks that I wasn't using. Everything at retailers will probably be SDHC.

Cheerilee

halibut2fwl6e.jpg

It's advertising. They're subliminally encouraging people to buy more games.

Orca

Thanks - I almost bought - I clicked and then cancelled. At 80ish dollars with tax, I still can't bring myself to pay that much for it. I'll hold out for a bomba price maybe later this year. Not that I'm wishing any doom on the Vita - I really love mine.

Ditto. I just won't pay that much so I can finally buy more games. I'm tired of moving games back and forth from the Vita to the PS3, but I'm not paying $80 - much less $100 - for the privilege of giving them even more money for some games.

That's really the only thing that's kept me from buying Disgaea or using the Vita for movies. I have no room and I'm not shelling out more money to be able to use it.

Rubius

Ditto. I just won't pay that much so I can finally buy more games. I'm tired of moving games back and forth from the Vita to the PS3, but I'm not paying $80 - much less $100 - for the privilege of giving them even more money for some games.

That's really the only thing that's kept me from buying Disgaea or using the Vita for movies. I have no room and I'm not shelling out more money to be able to use it.
If the Vita want to stay alive, they better announce a price cut on the memory of about 40-50% or else they will die in a fire. I think they just want to be sure that, when they get pirated, that the pirates HAVE to buy a 100$ Sd card.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Has Tsilon ever had promo codes for handheld titles? 3DS is going to be my primary source of gaming for the next 6 months, so I was hoping for some codes D:

Vamphuntr

Has Tsilon ever had promo codes for handheld titles? 3DS is going to be my primary source of gaming for the next 6 months, so I was hoping for some codes D:

It seems Futureshop doesn't have much deals struck with publishers for 3DS games. People kept asking for a code for Fire Emblem but they never did anything.

Your best bet is their E3 promo thing they had last year. 20$ off games you preorder and you could use them on 3DS games.

Dear gaf, my based Bell overlords have made galaxy note 2's available at absurdly reasonable prices and I now find myself inpossession of one which will be on its way shortly. Any phone case recommendations you guys have?

C-Jo

Do any of the major retailers (Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games) email you codes for PSN/XBLA point cards, or do I have to wait for the physical cards in the mail?

Vamphuntr

lupinko

I tried to trade in SFxTK SE today for FS' $60 coupon deal but they wouldn't accept it because I no longer have the cardboard box that I'm assuming I threw away a long time ago. They want it because the actual game box doesn't have a barcode and has not for resale on it. Way to go FS and Capcom for something this stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom