• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

I am tempted but I don't even know if there is anything I want to buy. I guess I could get a psn card or an eshop card......

Takuan

US has a Fire Emblem bundle for 199$, did not look to see if we have one in Canada.

I considered that, but it comes with a regular 3DS. Now that every other portable device I use has a pretty large screen, I don't think I can downsize. Plus, every single person I've asked has strongly recommended going with the XL.

I considered that, but it comes with a regular 3DS. Now that every other portable device I use has a pretty large screen, I don't think I can downsize. Plus, every single person I've asked has strongly recommended going with the XL.

Oh wow... for some reason I was sure that it was an XL... no reason to go with regular size is my opinion too!

ohlawd

I'm heading to FS right now.

Trading in my 2nd copy of NSMB2 (how long have I had this for? I can finally get rid of it!) and Lollipop Chainsaw. Good riddance on the latter if I may add :p

I can save the gift card for a March game because that month is bananas. Decisions, decisions...

krae_man

I miss my local Microplay, only decent place to get retro games in my town :(

Man I miss my local Microplay too.

They had everything, you could rent a Atari Jaguar CD if you wanted. I remember going on a waiting list to rent an imported N64 and PS1. I was the first kid in my class to play Mario 64 and Ridge Racer!

Bruiserk

I have a couple tsilon $20 off pre-order code for the following games i'd like to trade for a God of War code:

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Revengeance

PM me if interested.

I bought my N64 at Microplay.....there used to be a couple in the Toronto area

Well, I actually went in, they had one console left, said they'd hold it for me while I went to the bank to get the money and check on something I can't remember

I went back with my mom a few hours later to get and they were selling it to someone else and looked at me like oh fuck, we did say we'd hold it.....

So one of the clerks drove to Toys R Us to buy one and sell it to me for the Microplay price.......maybe thats why they closed down a couple years later lol

Isn't there still one down by St. Vital?

Yeah there is but I actually live in Brandon, not Winnipeg. I was at the St. Vital Microplay not that long ago and it was okay, not as good as my local Microplay though. When I'm in Winnipeg I usually check out places for retro games, I find it difficult to find them at a decent price though. PNP Games is okay but they are usually very expensive from my previous experiences.

Man I miss my local Microplay too.

They had everything, you could rent a Atari Jaguar CD if you wanted. I remember going on a waiting list to rent an imported N64 and PS1. I was the first kid in my class to play Mario 64 and Ridge Racer!

Yeah they were great because you could rent systems. I bet I rented a PS1 ten times before I actually saved up enough to buy my own. If I hadn't been renting it all the time I probably would have gotten it faster. It was great because you could rent systems that you were interested in but couldn't really afford

zroid

Banned
The very last time I went to Microplay was sometime in mid-late 1996. I traded in my Sega Genesis (console) to get a copy of Super Mario RPG for SNES. As I remember, it was pretty close to an even trade.

One of my favourite games ever, but I still regret letting go of the Genesis.

krae_man

My microplay was awesome. They let me rent systems even though my parents wouldn't put a credit card on the account.

What store would rent $500+ systems to a 13 year old with no collateral now?

That Future Shop deal is so messed up. I just went to Microplay and bought COD:MW2 and WWE 12 for $26, and was able to trade them in. Not only that, I checked FS' used games shelves, and I could've bought the same games there for a combined $40 used. I know they treat games, DVDs, CDs, etc., as loss leaders, but that's crazy...not that I mind, of course.

GG-Duo

Sold my old phone at BuyMyTronics.com for $100, and Dell.ca has the PS3 (pre-2012) 160 GB for $199. Yay.

Now it's time to go get that gift certificate from Futureshop

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Snagged two $60 GCs (I did one trade in, my wife the other) for games we already had and thought would never be good trade-in material. Thanks, Futureshop. You paid for my gaming for the next couple of months.

Sora_N

Anyone try returning an item to EB that you bought online? I lost the packing slip, wondering if I can still return it. (GW2 Guide) It was only $7 though so I guess I don't really care that much if I can't return it. I'll probably give the store a call if I'm heading out there tonight, but I'm not sure if I am.

Yonge and Eglinton says their system is down. Good thing I dumped the shitty titles first at other locations. Hopefully I can still trade the last two on Monday b

Anyone try returning an item to EB that you bought online? I lost the packing slip, wondering if I can still return it. (GW2 Guide) It was only $7 though so I guess I don't really care that much if I can't return it. I'll probably give the store a call if I'm heading out there tonight, but I'm not sure if I am.

Check your account invoice online at ebgames.ca

Why would you return it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Sora_N

Ugh I made a bad choice by hoping BB would have the same list as FS. Deal is probably dead for the trades soon. Sadly i cant make it to FS before they close. I bought batman (used), dark souls (new), and mw2 (used). I also have a copy of wii lego star wars. Guess I'll have to try my luck tomorrow. Ugh

krae_man

Playstation Canada has this offer on Facebook right now:

CoNaEXi.jpg

What a pointless promotion when they do $20 off through Tsilon at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom