• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. I tried telling some buddies about tsilon and even sending an invite. But in the end those people are just lazy. What a waste of time and a damn invite.

That's true. I tried telling some buddies about tsilon and even sending an invite. But in the end those people are just lazy. What a waste of time and a damn invite.

The problem I have with tsilon is that it is a completely dog shit website. Half of the shit makes no sense either. I'll come back to it another day, but yeah, its so poorly constructed it boggles the mind.

Also its fucking depressing there are no good white vita deals. Pretty soon I'm just gonna buy a blender and some other shit and be an adult and spend my gift cards wisely. Bullshit.

Sora_N

The problem I have with tsilon is that it is a completely dog shit website. Half of the shit makes no sense either. I'll come back to it another day, but yeah, its so poorly constructed it boggles the mind.

Also its fucking depressing there are no good white vita deals. Pretty soon I'm just gonna buy a blender and some other shit and be an adult and spend my gift cards wisely. Bullshit.

I'm just gonna try to do trades and get GCs to get a 'deal' on it, I give up at this point. By the time there's a price drop I bet I couldn't find one. If I can't trade-in for one then I'll just buy one I guess lol.

I'm just gonna try to do trades and get GCs to get a 'deal' on it, I give up at this point. By the time there's a price drop I bet I couldn't find one. If I can't trade-in for one then I'll just buy one I guess lol.

I have 240 in gc's but I'm going to hold off for now. The way I figure it, down the road the white model should still be around. I don't think the vita is so popular it will get multiple colours, but if it got gold that would be dope. Also if there is an ys 4 special edition vita I'm in there.

List drastically changed again.

Wow. They removed Sonic Racing for Wii U and Theatrythm. Both games I was going to trade in but got fucked over by Yonge and Eglinton due to their system being down.

Why would they remove those games? Fairly popular titles that are rarely traded in?

Now I'm grumpy.

They have Pokemon Black & White on there instead of Black & White 2 for trade. Doesn't even make sense.

Sora_N

Bleh, that's the same list as the one I saw at Best Buy yesterday. I guess it's unlikely that they'll keep this promo next week AND screw up again. I wish I just went to FS last night, oh well.

Bleh, that's the same list as the one I saw at Best Buy yesterday. I guess it's unlikely that they'll keep this promo next week AND screw up again. I wish I just went to FS last night, oh well.

I'm not sure it's a screw up. Could be a way of getting people in on day one with more trade options but cutting back before people can hunt for cheap trade titles.

I love tsilon, was worth the bullshit early on but it really isn't that hard. I got someone to sign up and they got to level 10 pretty fast and are already at 25. The beginning is tedious but then it's smooth sailing with lots of benefits.

zroid

Banned
Well if you don't want to jump through the hoops, so to speak, I still have an invite. Only problem with those is you might have to wait for like 2-3 weeks before it's processed.

If you want it, let me know (and PM me your email)

I love tsilon, was worth the bullshit early on but it really isn't that hard. I got someone to sign up and they got to level 10 pretty fast and are already at 25. The beginning is tedious but then it's smooth sailing with lots of benefits.

southparkit.jpg

Yerrrp.

Sure beats paying full price ;)

Sajjaja

I wanna use my Rising code to save $20 from Futureshop but I want the pre order bonus from EB (Gray Fox skin and art book) D:

Would it be possible to pre order from both places and return the FS copy to EB and keep the bonuses from both places? :eek:

zroid

Banned
I wanna use my Rising code to save $20 from Futureshop but I want the pre order bonus from EB (Gray Fox skin and art book) D:

Would it be possible to pre order from both places and return the FS copy to EB and keep the bonuses from both places? :eek:

it depends. I don't know about the art book (?), but any DLC codes will be emailed to you and can be kept whether or not you return the game. From the sound of it, you wouldn't have to return the FS copy to BB EB, you can just order both and return the BB EB copy to BB EB, while keeping the bonus(es).

edit: never mind, I looked into it and it says the dlc is packaged with the game. That means it's a different SKU ("Best Buy Exclusive" gives that away too), so you'll have to return the BB copy and presumably won't be able to get the DLC without opening the packaging.

Sajjaja

it depends. I don't know about the art book (?), but any DLC codes will be emailed to you and can be kept whether or not you return the game. From the sound of it, you wouldn't have to return the FS copy to BB, you can just order both and return the BB copy to BB, while keeping the bonus(es).

edit: never mind, I looked into it and it says the dlc is packaged with the game. That means it's a different SKU ("Best Buy Exclusive" gives that away too), so you'll have to return the BB copy and presumably won't be able to get the DLC without opening the packaging.

I said EB as in EB Games.

zroid

Banned
I said EB as in EB Games.

OH wow, I totally can't read, lol

then forget about what I said in my edit, you're probably fine. With EB, you should be able to keep the art book too, though they might give you mean looks when you return the game without the pre-order bonuses. :p

Sajjaja

OH wow, I totally can't read, lol

then forget about what I said in my edit, you're probably fine. With EB, you should be able to keep the art book too, though they might give you mean looks when you return the game without the pre-order bonuses. :p

lol, awesome! Thanks. I've never preordered a game before at retail so I'm not too familiar with it. Besides, I'll probably just return the game at another EB lol.

Exactly. I checked out the website a while ago, but I'm not prepared to jump through all their ridiculous hoops; despite the compelling deals on offer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't an invite from an existing member cut through all the dogshit you have to go through for registration? I wouldn't know exactly because the last friend I tried to invite didn't even bother lol

I'm not sure it's a screw up. Could be a way of getting people in on day one with more trade options but cutting back before people can hunt for cheap trade titles.

This might actually have some truth to it. When I was buying my trade-in games at Microplay, I mentioned to the guy that I was going to be trading them in right away to Future Shop...he seemed genuinely disturbed that Future Shop was selling used games. It kind of makes sense -- they're a huge source of profit for GameStop, so you have to think BB/FS want a piece of that, too. Maybe the one day of insane trade-ins is their first step towards competing?

Aske

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't an invite from an existing member cut through all the dogshit you have to go through for registration? I wouldn't know exactly because the last friend I tried to invite didn't even bother lol

I have no idea. But even if an invite does bypass the first few tasks, if membership requires me to do any hoop-jumping to access coupons, it's a massive turn-off. I love great deals, but my time is precious; I don't want to spend it satisfying the arbitrary requirements of an advertising agency. Not against the system in principle. Absolutely nothing against those who choose to use it. I like to think that we can all decide what we want to do or not do with tsilon without casting aspersions on each other.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone still looking for The Last Story? I found it at Walmart for $29.99. Not bad!

PS vita memory 32gb is currently 25% off on amazon.ca which make it 77.40

Thanks - I almost bought - I clicked and then cancelled. At 80ish dollars with tax, I still can't bring myself to pay that much for it. I'll hold out for a bomba price maybe later this year. Not that I'm wishing any doom on the Vita - I really love mine.

I just got this email as well. We all know Wii U is not sold out anywhere, so I'm guessing they are trying to manufacture some artificial demand? As soon as I saw the subject in my inbox I just deleted it.

Same deal at Best Buy. Returners and I had quite a bit of fun trading shots of different configurations of building structures at different stores:
BA5x2WqCUAEmJ0I.jpg

BA6Mza0CcAAtCh4.jpg

I have no idea. But even if an invite does bypass the first few tasks, if membership requires me to do any hoop-jumping to access coupons, it's a massive turn-off. I love great deals, but my time is precious; I don't want to spend it satisfying the arbitrary requirements of an advertising agency. Not against the system in principle. Absolutely nothing against those who choose to use it. I like to think that we can all decide what we want to do or not do with tsilon without casting aspersions on each other.

Fair enough. I don't really care personally whether someone uses tsilon or not, I just wanted to put it out there just in case that was a major roadblock from people joining the site.

Though, I DO have two more invites to tsilon ready and waiting, so if anybody wants it they can quote this part of my post.

Yawnier

Banned
Still too expensive imo. Will buy when the Basic (dat White) hits $200 or less.

I could see myself getting a deluxe, black Wii U somewhere in the $250 - $300 range but for $350 plus tax? No way with that launch lineup.

I'll probably be waiting a little while for that, that's for sure.

DJ_Lae

I would pay $250 for a Black WiiU, preferably bundled with an extra game or accessory.

I would also accept a $300 Black WiiU with a $50 gift card.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No regrets with our Wii U. We've had a lot of fun with it and will have 600 hours of MonHan in by the time the first price drop hits. But the Wii U release schedule is horrendous for most people. Thank goodness for 3DS Q1.

wingz

Is there any benefit if one of you guys gives me a referral to tsilon?

ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

The person who invites you gets an XP multiplier boost. The person being referred gets nothing except being able to skip the test process in the start.

If you need an invite, I can give you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom