• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was cleaning my spam email account, turns out i applyed for the codes 20$ off for the games , and forgotten about it.

they sent me two of each :p
um, yeah, keeping one of bioshock and GTA for myself, the rest is up for grabs! PM!

GTA 0! GONE
BIOSHOCK GONE
GOWA 0 ! GONE
TOMB GONE

MGSR 2
i forgot there was GEARS OF WAR too lol... 2 codes available!

zroid

Banned
Do any of the major retailers (Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games) email you codes for PSN/XBLA point cards, or do I have to wait for the physical cards in the mail?

I don't think anyone emails the codes, and none but Amazon even sell PSN cards online. They all sell XBL points cards though.

Sora_N

I tried to trade in SFxTK SE today for FS' $60 coupon deal but they wouldn't accept it because I no longer have the cardboard box that I'm assuming I threw away a long time ago. They want it because the actual game box doesn't have a barcode and has not for resale on it. Way to go FS and Capcom for something this stupid.

Does EB take games without a barcode? Man, that's so stupid though, FS prints a sticker for a barcode don't they?

lfc11

Neo Member
Does anyone know where I can get an Xbox RCA audio adapter in Vancouver? Preferably a brick and mortar store or somewhere with fast shipping. Ordered one from Amazon.ca and it never arrived.
1880599-1a7a0bf3_xbox20rca20adapter.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Does anyone know where I can get an Xbox RCA audio adapter in Vancouver? Preferably a brick and mortar store or somewhere with fast shipping. Ordered one from Amazon.ca and it never arrived.
1880599-1a7a0bf3_xbox20rca20adapter.jpg

Ask the EB Games if they have used ones. That's where I found mine.

Also ask if they have the "HDMI adapter" set or something like that because that piece originally came as a part of it.

wingz

Does EB take games without a barcode? Man, that's so stupid though, FS prints a sticker for a barcode don't they?

Yeah, EB will take it no problem. They are pretty reasonable. They even take in games with the disc only, with no TIV deduction.

FS on the other hand, will need the EXACT barcode that is on their system.

lupinko

Yeah, Eb doesn't care at all, it's stupid that the guy looked for the barcode because when I traded other games at another FS earlier in the day, the rep didn't even bother to look and just took the games as is.

Well w/e.

Sora_N

Anyone know if amazon will still have the ni no kuni bonus if I ordered now? Its not listed anymore so doesnt look like it lol. I wasnt sure if I wanted to double dip but it looks like its too late.

rinse82

So looks like FS will have trade 1 get $40GC which is even better than the 2 for $60.

Here's hoping for the glitched list again =)

if 3d land, nsmb 2, skyrim or mass effect 3 is on the t140 list I'm gonna scream :p

But I may trade in Halo 4 since I only paid 30 dollars for it brand new

zroid

Banned
So looks like FS will have trade 1 get $40GC which is even better than the 2 for $60.

Here's hoping for the glitched list again =)

Oh shit really?

That's what I've been waiting for. I was hoping to trade in this copy of Blops2 for Fire Emblem. $40 GC isn't quite as good but it's close.

Palehorse

So I see that the Best Buy trade in list 2 for $60 is quite generous, but then hear word that people actually trying it run into a different list in store?

How successful have people been in arguing for the online list? Should I bother trying it in Victoria?

I have 360 versions of Dead Island GOTY and Dark Souls I would like to trade...

Edit: I'm not even sure what's up with that online BB list. I could pick up an RE: Op City and just go to FS with my copy of Mario Kart on DS. At least those are pretty cut and dry.

Sora_N

So I see that the Best Buy trade in list 2 for $60 is quite generous, but then hear word that people actually trying it run into a different list in store?

How successful have people been in arguing for the online list? Should I bother trying it in Victoria?

Edit: I'm not even sure what's up with that online BB list. I could pick up an RE: Op City and just go to FS with my copy of Mario Kart on DS. At least those are pretty cut and dry.

Dark Souls was not on the list at the BB I went to, their list was similar to the fixed FS list. I'm in Vancouver.

Takuan

Apparently the 3DS XL is on sale for $160 starting Friday @ FS, when they begin the trade 1 for $40 GC promo. At that price point, I think I'm in. Then I can pre-order FE from Best Buy @$35 and be ready for some SRPG goodness.

I'm hoping the trade-in promo has a lot of cheap buys.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

What Futureshop has been doing at least is putting a veeeerry good list up on Friday and changing it by Saturday. Best Buy's list could change at any time as well, so beware,

Sora_N

There's a random promotion going on or something, at Futureshop.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=ed876813528e4de34d74c8d210e9b833en02

In-store only: $10 credit towards any game in Febraury when you buy this game.* See how.

(Note the typo was by FS, not me lol) I only see it on Ni no Kuni but when you click on the link, it doesn't show what the other games are.
In-store only: $10 credit towards any game in February when you buy this game.*

Buy any of these games in-store between January 22 - 24, 2013 and receive a $10 credit towards any in-store game purchase over $19.99 in November.

*Offer valid January 22-24, 2013 in-store only. $10 game credit towards any game purchase valid February 1-28, 2013, in-store only. Limit one redemption per customer, per purchase. Original receipt must be presented at time of purchase. No cash value, no rainchecks. Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers. See in-store for full details.

It says November? I'm pretty sure they mean February lol.

Sajjaja

Is there any reason why my tsilon code for Rising isn't working? I'm applying copying/pasting it into the promotional code box but it's not reducing the price or recognizing it...

I have had problems with Futureshop gift cards not working on their site. Is it possible to go back to the store and refund my CC and use the card instead with online purchases? seeing as we have the tsilon.ca deals I had to use my CC after I noticed the gift card wasn't working.

frequency

Is there any reason why my tsilon code for Rising isn't working? I'm applying copying/pasting it into the promotional code box but it's not reducing the price or recognizing it...

People are saying on the tsilon forums that none of the codes are working. Someone said the Misters are looking into it though.

Palehorse

Dark Souls was not on the list at the BB I went to, their list was similar to the fixed FS list. I'm in Vancouver.

I went in last night with Dark Souls. It wasn't on her internal list but when I pointed her to the online list she accepted it immediately.

Side note:
While I was doing the transaction I was disappointed to see the last copy of Ni No Kuni get sold. Had to drive out to the Langford store to get a copy. :/

Sora_N

I went in last night with Dark Souls. It wasn't on her internal list but when I pointed her to the online list she accepted it immediately.

Side note:
While I was doing the transaction I was disappointed to see the last copy of Ni No Kuni get sold. Had to drive out to the Langford store to get a copy. :/

Did you do trade 2? Or 1? I guess I could check tomorrow since I'm going near BB.

Sora_N

Thank you for ordering from Namco Bandai Games America on September 3, 2012. The following product(S) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11081 Ni no Kuni: W 1 1 1 $110.51

Posted this in the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition thread but everyone's angry over there, lol. Who else ordered a copy? Mine shipped today.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not a deal per se, more of an fyi - the kindle paperwhite is now available in Canada from amazon
Fucking thanks!!!!!!!! Was waiting for this fucking thing and almost ordered from another place that would charge a lot more to have it shipped here!

Wife's bday is Feb 12 so I can surprise her with this. Also picked up a case for it as well. It's also coming just before her day.

Kindle Jan 30 and case Feb 10

Jessicat

Posted this in the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition thread but everyone's angry over there, lol. Who else ordered a copy? Mine shipped today.

I did, but I don't understand, I haven't gotten an email, but logging into my account on the NamcoBandai shop shows something like this:

SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive

Boxed Shipment
Sub-Total $99.99
Shipping $3.62
Tax $0.00
Total $103.61
I paid in full then, what happens now? ._.;

Jessicat

Order Date: 8/21/2012

^ Might be why. I didn't question it, it was pretty much as soon as Canada was available to pre-order the Wizard Edition, I went for it XD

jred2k

Just got a notice from Amazon today that they were refunding the $24 import fee from the white Vita bundle back on Black Friday. Took a little while, but glad to see the deal get even better.

Sora_N

Just got a notice from Amazon today that they were refunding the $24 import fee from the white Vita bundle back on Black Friday. Took a little while, but glad to see the deal get even better.

Damn, I don't think I got a notice for my orders yet. Forgot about it already. I was only charged like $3-4 though, small orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom