• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Tsilon codes for 20$ off Bioshock, Metal Gear Rising and God of War Ascension.
I was willing to trade them for a GTA V code if possible!
PM please!
Thanks

frequency

People on the tsilon forums say they're not working anymore. But someone said the Misters are looking into it and to expect something soon. I'm not sure how s/he would know that but it's something.

wingz

People on the tsilon forums say they're not working anymore. But someone said the Misters are looking into it and to expect something soon. I'm not sure how s/he would know that but it's something.

Through the Glist IRC chat room. The Misters pay a visit to the chatroom ever so often.

Kazerei

Banned
Just got a notice from Amazon today that they were refunding the $24 import fee from the white Vita bundle back on Black Friday. Took a little while, but glad to see the deal get even better.

Same here, sort of. I got notice yesterday from Amazon of a $20.20 import fee refund for the Bond 50 Collection I purchased on Black Friday. The import fee deposit I originally paid was $20.20, so I guess the package slipped by customs and I got the entire deposit back.

zroid

Banned
Saw the T1 for 40 advertised in FS's flyer. Now all I need is that list...

Blops2 will surely be there regardless though, so I'll be trading that one anyway.

EGM92

Point blank time.

1. All of January's perk codes have been disabled and cancelled. Everyone who successfully received a perk code prior will be sent a SINGLE, NEW replacement code in approximately one week's time.
a. The doubling issue many experienced affected SO MANY people and has caused so many to not have perk codes that it is an unacceptable outcome to the Misters, regardless of cause (a server systems error)
b. Reselling of January's perk codes has been prolific and frustrating. Cancellation of all current codes and doubles helps this mildly.
c. Code stacking occurred, despite requests in prior perks to NOT stack codes unless otherwise stated. Making certain all members only have one codes solves this.

In recent weeks, duplicate accounts have been deleted and continue to be assessed and sifted (including private messages on the topic). This crackdown continues moving forward, and will now spread to all members who attempt to game the list, inside or outside of this domain. Tolerance, as more changes come through, continues to lower for these cases.

Tsilon update.

Sora_N

Weird, I thought you couldn't code stack? I never even got a chance to use my codes to be honest. I was waiting for TLoU collector's editions to go online.

Can't Tsiilion code stack, I got 2 Tomb Raiders and it didn't work so I gave one code away. I was wondering why I got 2 of those ones though.

I guess my Metal Gear code doesn't work anymore, shouldn't have held off. :p

Magnus

Ever since tsilon came up, I've had no idea what's going on in this thread. Any good post that could serve as a primer on all this? What happened to good old fashioned deals where I don't have to sign up for shit? :p

Ever since tsilon came up, I've had no idea what's going on in this thread. Any good post that could serve as a primer on all this? What happened to good old fashioned deals where I don't have to sign up for shit? :p
Future shop run rewards site that has trivia questions and game challenges that gain you experience toward your level. The higher your level (10 and above), the more rewards you receive. Mostly discount codes for upcoming releases.

...and I'm assuming they are the root cause of most of the code stacking at tsilon. The gaming section of RFD is a pit of slime.

JUST the gaming section? I'm pretty sure I've seen some stupid shit posted in electronics and computers section too. Pretty sure all of RFD is full of slimeballs at this point lol.

Vamphuntr

People have tried to find ways to exploit most codes given there anyway :S

I guess some people try every combination of promo s+ codes to see if they can stack. It doesn't help that the coding for the discount codes has often been fairly shoddy.

No on remember the free game perk? Instead of discounting 60$ on a game it would mark down every game costing 60$ and less to 0$. People were filling their carts with tons of games to exploit this but at least FS noticed it and cancelled everything and everyone was once again issued another code.

Sora_N

No on remember the free game perk? Instead of discounting 60$ on a game it would mark down every game costing 60$ and less to 0$. People were filling their carts with tons of games to exploit this but at least FS noticed it and cancelled everything and everyone was once again issued another code.

They'd be stupid if they thought it would be allowed.

xclaw

Just picked up the new super slim at Best Buy, really hope the PS4 isn't out for at least another year. They did price match EBgames who has the PS+ package at 279$ whereas Best Buy is asking 299$.

krae_man

Just picked up the new super slim at Best Buy, really hope the PS4 isn't out for at least another year. They did price match EBgames who has the PS+ package at 279$ whereas Best Buy is asking 299$.

Hey guys looks like the 160gb ps3 is going on sale for 180 at FS and BB saw it in the flyer today.

oooooh

jKglXQi.jpg

Takuan

Will order an XL tomorrow if the sales are also online. It's a little crazy that a PS3 can be had for $20 more.

Gonna be ready for dat Fire Emblem goodness.

Jessicat

What are the failure rates on the slims? any better or worse than the fat/brick PS3? Mine's died on me [again, last fix had me out $70 and only lasted from may '12 to december '12] and I'm contemplating getting a replacement if it keeps dying on me like this :/

What are the failure rates on the slims? any better or worse than the fat/brick PS3? Mine's died on me [again, last fix had me out $70 and only lasted from may '12 to december '12] and I'm contemplating getting a replacement if it keeps dying on me like this :/
the only PS3s with notable failure rates are the 20gb and 60gb (or was it 80gb, can't remember), aka the ones with BC.

The rest aren't bad, especially the slim, which is quite good.

krae_man

Hey krae_man,

Are those flyers up anywhere apart from non-descript pics from a cell phone camera?
I'm scouring for sweet TV deals for Super Bowl week. Especially 1080p Panny Plasma deals.
(I'm only seeing LG and Insignia there. Blech!)

That is from a rfd post. No scans yet from what Ive seen.

zroid

Banned
I just scanned through the flyers, both BB and FS have a Samsung 51" Plasma for $799 (WC: 10198377). No Panasonic or anything else. Lots of LED of various makes, of course.

edit: looks like that sale was on last week too

Guys,
Check the fine print on the bottom of the page. it's not actually trade 1 and get a $40 gift card (to leave the store with) based on the fine print. "Valid on PlayStation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, PS Vita and 3DS games. See futureshop.ca/usedgames for full details and list of eligible trade titles. Games must include boxes. No duplicate titles accepted, regardless of console. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. See in-store for details. Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game." I think it is just a different wording of trade 1, get it free for the Hitman Collection.

Someone at Red Flag noted that the above fine print is on the trade 1 for $40 deal.

It doesn't make much sense. Maybe they will only have us apply it to games? Could it be for Hitman only?

Waiting for the update!

zorbsie

Someone at Red Flag noted that the above fine print is on the trade 1 for $40 deal.

It doesn't make much sense. Maybe they will only have us apply it to games? Could it be for Hitman only?

Waiting for the update!

Oh shit that is not good at all. I've got 4 games to bring in and wanted to use the gift cards for something other than games. I guess I'll wait around for the online update. That fine print might be something they use every week. They might just be copy-pasting it every week. When does the update usually hit?

Oh shit that is not good at all. I've got 4 games to bring in and wanted to use the gift cards for something other than games. I guess I'll wait around for the online update. That fine print might be something they use every week. They might just be copy-pasting it every week. When does the update usually hit?

Yeah, we will know for sure in a while. If it's against any game I might bite anyways.

Takuya

Banned
Reserved a PS3 at my local Futureshop, will pick up tonight... Needed a backup for my 60gb... And my brother took my other slim =_=

Waiting for the update!

Pretty sure that fine print was there for the trade 2 for 60 promo as well

That XL deal is tempting since I got 4 gift cards during last week's T2 deal, but I need to hold onto my hope that they'll eventually release a pure white XL here. The wait sucked for a white Vita too, but I was glad I waited when I finally got it in my hands.

Takuan

Just reserved a blue XL. Hoping to pick up a cheap copy of Mario 3D Land to tide me over before Fire Emblem hits. I'm ready.

zorbsie

Getting it processed now. They are giving me the 2 for 60 deal and are using the old list. Trade fable the journey, dishonored, sleeping dogs and Koa: reckoning for 120. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom