• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been using Amazon Prime for a few weeks now on the free trial and I think I'm going to pay up and keep it. The convenience of being able to order single items at one click and getting stuff within 2 days is worth the $6.50 a month for me.

btkadams

Well, I've been using Amazon Prime for a few weeks now on the free trial and I think I'm going to pay up and keep it. The convenience of being able to order single items at one click and getting stuff within 2 days is worth the $6.50 a month for me.

yeah, i've been feeling the same way. i really hope we get more perks, like .com, but i've actually enjoyed getting items quick and not having to fill my cart to the $24 minimum like before.

yeah, i've been feeling the same way. i really hope we get more perks, like .com, but i've actually enjoyed getting items quick and not having to fill my cart to the $24 minimum like before.

Yeah, that's my hope as well - the Prime streaming service in the states sounds great. I think that with the popularity (and quality) of Netflix Canada climbing, I think it's just a matter of time before we see it here.

Kazerei

Banned
Slightly off-topic, but I'm really celebrating the demise of the penny. I just went out for lunch and my order came to $6.77. I paid $10 in cash and got $3.25 back. Fuck yeah.

From now on, if I buy stuff and the total has 1 or 2 cents on the end, I'll just pay cash 'cause it gets rounded down. Bwahahaha.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm really celebrating the demise of the penny. I just went out for lunch and my order came to $6.77. I paid $10 in cash and got $3.25 back. Fuck yeah.

From now on, if I buy stuff and the total has 1 or 2 cents on the end, I'll just pay cash 'cause it gets rounded down. Bwahahaha.

Oh shit. Is this happening right now?

Need to buy something in cash to see what happens. I bet the mom & pop grocery store near me won't do it or will mark up no matter what.

zroid

Banned

Just thinking about it makes me happy, lol

Palehorse

I'm gonna pick up the Hyrule Historia off Amazon.ca, but it's a few dollars short to qualify for free shipping.
Can you guys suggest to me something $10 or under, that qualifies for super saver shipping off amazon.ca?
Gaming related or not, doesn't matter to me. Just looking for some interesting ideas.

I got this and the shipping was only $3 and change. The total after tax was under $29, so there's it's not that expensive. And they shipped it UPS, so I got in a day.

According to the EB website, it's in stock at every location... ?

Weird. I'm peetty sure it said not in stock everywhere. Haha. Thanks though! I found it at the SE best buy. Yay.

Edit: I found out what I did on EBs site. It just had some weird ass postal code pre typed in for some reason, and so it just popped up and said 'nothing within 100km' and so I just closed the window, haha. whoops! looks like there is assload at EB, either way I got my copy :p

Stage On

Stupid Best buy. They have Fire emblem at some of their stores but somehow sold out online so my preorder copy hasn't shipped yet.

MarkusRJR

I think I've been made to pay taxes and handling fees four times in total.

1. Life-sized replica of Soul Calibur (from US, cost about $30)
2. Clothes from jinx.com (US, cost about $120)
3. Blu-ray boxsets from amazon.co.uk (cost about $100)
4. A PVC anime figure (from Japan, cost about $130)

so you can see, generally they will get you if your package is either expensive ($100+) or really BIG, like the sword

How much did they charge you for taxes/handling/whatever? I bought a bunch or old rare games (Earthbound being one of them) so I guess I should expect being charged?

zroid

Banned
Stupid Best buy. They have Fire emblem at some of their stores but somehow sold out online so my preorder copy hasn't shipped yet.

Check if your credit card was charged. Mine was, so it should be shipping soon. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Firestorm

Which one? Flutterby? I redeemed it....

MENDOZAAAAAAA!!
Yeah, Flutterby.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=flutterby+familiar&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

O rly?
Pre order only or does it come with every copy?

I'm interested in the game and don't care about the dlc

I didn't pre-order. It might be first-run only? My game was really terribly shrinkwrapped. I think it's because Best Buy had to put all the codes in manually.

zroid

Banned
Wow. My local best buy already sold out of Fire Emblem apparently. :/

It was in stock like 15 minutes ago and I tried to place an in-store pickup; they said it couldn't be fulfilled. Now it's out of stock. Yeesh...

Oh shit. Is this happening right now?

Need to buy something in cash to see what happens. I bet the mom & pop grocery store near me won't do it or will mark up no matter what.

I think it's starting now. But it's up to retailers to decide when they'll begin to phase out the penny. I think wal-mart is going to keep pennies running till the end of March?

On another note, got my Fire Emblem! EB didn't get their artbook shipment till later in the day so I had to pick that up separately. WTF Nintendo.

Gadirok

Awwww... I liked the penny...

They were annoying but I don't want to end up paying more for my purchases. By the end of each year I'd probably be paying like a extra dollar with all the round up (wait, do debit transactions get rounded up or down?)

zroid

Banned
Awwww... I liked the penny...

They were annoying but I don't want to end up paying more for my purchases. By the end of each year I'd probably be paying like a extra dollar with all the round up (wait, do debit transactions get rounded up or down?)

x.x2, x.x3, x.x6, x.x7 are rounded down, and the others are rounded up

if you're sneaky you could always pay electronically when you'd otherwise have to round up ;P

Cheerilee

If people really care about the money they might lose from pennies rounding, they should get a cash-back credit card. No rounding, and you earn one or two pennies for every dollar you spend.

At least until retail starts penalizing people who pay with credit cards, because of the chunk of money credit card companies take out of retail's bottom line.

If people really care about the money they might lose from pennies rounding, they should get a cash-back credit card. No rounding, and you earn one or two pennies for every dollar you spend.

At least until retail starts penalizing people who pay with credit cards, because of the chunk of money credit card companies take out of retail's bottom line.

Some small businesses are cash-only or specify a minimum charge for credit cards, but otherwise credit cards are too ubiquitous and convenient to penalize.

Solune

Anyone in Vancouver looking for the FE 3DS Bundle, I got one from the BB @ Metro, they also had a few leftover. They no longer have the game in stock, only the bundle. And as far as I know the EB @ Metro doesn't have the game in stock either.

wingz

Anyone in Vancouver looking for the FE 3DS Bundle, I got one from the BB @ Metro, they also had a few leftover. They no longer have the game in stock, only the bundle. And as far as I know the EB @ Metro doesn't have the game in stock either.

Did you get the artbook along with it?

Apparently from BB's own unboxing video, they say you get the artbook along with the console purchase.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-...-Edition-3DS-Unboxing-and-Overview/ba-p/56621

Solune

Did you get the artbook along with it?

Apparently from BB's own unboxing video, they say you get the artbook along with the console purchase.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-...-Edition-3DS-Unboxing-and-Overview/ba-p/56621

Yah it was also advertised on Nintendo.ca that you would get an artbook with it. I didn't get one with mine though, they told me it was limited to the first 20 customers and I wasn't able to go since I work 8-5.

EBGames also told me the same thing, first 25 customers got the artbook, except due to the street date breaking, some people didn't get their's either.

bladeshimmer

Neo Member
Any PSN Card deals? One Piece is on sale tomorrow for 50% off on the PSN Store so I plan to grab it.

I think I've only ever seen them on sale *once* (at Walmart) since the cards came out.

At least Sony has been more aggressive in pricing on PSN in the last few months, especially with PS Plus discounts.

Mind you I'm spending way more :(

zroid

Banned
My FE is out for delivery, woooo

I'm actually impressed with Canada Post's turnaround on this one. Best Buy created the tracking number around 22:30 and it was picked up by CP an hour later. They really got the ball rolling overnight.

I'm hoping I can find FE between the two EB Games and Walmart tomorrow. I'm putting my faith in you, rural Nova Scotia (I have to call tomorrow to make sure).

zroid

Banned
Despite my online pre-order arriving, I decided to try my luck at getting an art book from a Best Buy store. Worked out. They had about 6 or 7 and I grabbed one.

It's so pretty! The embossed cover looks awesome.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Was just told that Smart As, Silent Hill, Hot Shots and a few other Vita games are 10$ at Future Shop.

Edit: May actually just be Hot Shots and launch junk like Reality Fighters.

zorbsie

Going off the futureshop website the 9.99 games are: Unit 13, Resistance, Hot Shots, Little Deviants, ModNation Racers, Reality Fighters and Smart As. Is Unit 13 worth it?

Median

Going off the futureshop website the 9.99 games are: Unit 13, Resistance, Hot Shots, Little Deviants, ModNation Racers, Reality Fighters and Smart As. Is Unit 13 worth it?

For $10? Sure. Don't expect much from it, but it's a relatively competent arcade style shooter. Good for playing for 20 minutes at a time, getting high scores, that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom