• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

Hmm...would buy Unit 13 but I can see it being a PS+ freebie in the near future and that would save me having to swap game cards. Ever since I bought Persona 4 I haven't touched my other games as I can't be bothered to dig them out and put them in.

I think I'm going to nab Sly Cooper today, use my Ni No Kuni coupon and pick up Peter Pan on blu-ray as well. Good time to use my 7970 rebate VISA too.

zroid

Banned
Huhhh, Smart As for $10 seems pretty alright. Might buy.

edit: same deals at BB it seems, so no price matching shenanigans this time :p

Palehorse

If anyone sees any Fire Emblem in stores around Victoria let me know. I have a feeling it's sold out all over but I could have missed it at an obscure store.

Maximus.

Looked for fire emblem today. Best buy said they had stock, employee looked around and couldn't find it. Bummer. Also their service is bad and there's barely any employees there :/

Sheik

I bought Fire Emblem yesterday at EB because Futureshop didn't have them in stock. I completely forgot to ask about the art book though so I'm kind of bummed. :(

Wonder if I can stack my $10 Ni No Kuni coupon on top of a price match.

...No, I couldn't do that, I'd feel like an RFDer. I'll use the coupon on something else.

You can't actually use these coupons while price matching, it has been always like that, not sure about Ni-NO-Kuni though!

wingz

Hope Pandora's Tower gets listed by FS soon, I'm itching to use this $10 off coupon on it.

Since it's $39.99, there could possibly be a trade 1 for it, if there isn't any $60 coming out the same week.

Speaking of trade 1s, hopefully FS does it for HoTS.

zroid

Banned
I doubt it, Pandora's Tower is too small-time to get a trade-in promo. It probably won't even be advertised in their flyer at all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know this isn't supposed to be a General Canada-GAF thread, but I found this pretty awesome:

http://o.canada.com/2013/02/05/tim-hortons-creates-the-prestley-after-how-i-met-your-mother-joke/

Tim Hortons creates "The Priestley" after a HIMYM joke from the episode that aired just yesterday.

During a scene in which each celeb remembers which Tim Hortons they were in and what doughnut they were eating when Sparkles “lost it,” Priestley claims to have crammed a Timbit inside a strawberry vanilla and invented ‘The Priestley.” [...]

Unfortunately, Tim Hortons doesn’t appear to have plans to mass produce The Priestley.

Start your write in campaigns now.

BCXagamCMAAqvo4.jpg

MarkusRJR

Is there anywhere you can buy a plain Wii anymore? There's only Wii Minis as far as I can tell. I'm looking to get one as a back-up in case my current one dies years down the road.

Quick

Banned
I know this isn't supposed to be a General Canada-GAF thread, but I found this pretty awesome:

http://o.canada.com/2013/02/05/tim-hortons-creates-the-prestley-after-how-i-met-your-mother-joke/

Tim Hortons creates "The Priestley" after a HIMYM joke from the episode that aired just yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCXagamCMAAqvo4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Fuck it, I'm going to attempt this either tomorrow or by the end of the week (whenever I remember this again).

Wedge7

Is there anywhere you can buy a plain Wii anymore? There's only Wii Minis as far as I can tell. I'm looking to get one as a back-up in case my current one dies years down the road.

I'd love to know this as well. Been looking, but it seems like everyone just sells only the new updated red ones.

wingz

I doubt it, Pandora's Tower is too small-time to get a trade-in promo. It probably won't even be advertised in their flyer at all.

BB had a trade in promo for The Last Story, but it got screwed up by the shipment dates, so there could be small chance of it happening for PT.

krae_man

Might grab Smart As, need to figure out something else to buy to qualify for free shipping first...

Edit: Sold out Online? It's all RFD horders isn't it? No Vita games should be selling out since nobody owns a Vita.

Jessicat

Anyone know any places that will price match the 160GB PS3s? Future Shop still shows the product page at $199, only thing is they're sold out, Best Buy took their listing off the website, VGP.ca won't price match consoles, and the Walmarts near my house were sold out last I checked, and I'm not dealing with EB Games. Help?

btkadams

Anyone know any places that will price match the 160GB PS3s? Future Shop still shows the product page at $199, only thing is they're sold out, Best Buy took their listing off the website, VGP.ca won't price match consoles, and the Walmarts near my house were sold out last I checked, and I'm not dealing with EB Games. Help?

does amazon do price-matching? i honestly have no idea.

isny

napkin dispenser
One of Amazon.ca's many failings compared to its American counterpart

Amazon.ca, .com, etc. have never price matched as far as I'm aware. They sometimes are willing to do it as an exception if you're a good customer, but it's never a definite.

zroid

Banned
Amazon.ca, .com, etc. have never price matched as far as I'm aware. They sometimes are willing to do it as an exception if you're a good customer, but it's never a definite.

Hmmm, seems you're right (with the exception of TVs, apparently). I always hear loads of anecdotes from people who have gotten Amazon.com to price match myriad other retailers.

Sheik

Is there a Canadian site you can buy PSN cards online and they will e-mail you the code? I'm not looking for a physical card, I just want a code ASAP.

For some reason PSN keeps saying my credit card isn't valid, even though I've used it many times before.

jred2k

Is there a Canadian site you can buy PSN cards online and they will e-mail you the code? I'm not looking for a physical card, I just want a code ASAP.

For some reason PSN keeps saying my credit card isn't valid, even though I've used it many times before.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

I've used that site in the past and had no issues with it. I had to use it for the same reason, PSN wouldn't accept my credit card even though I had used it tons before. That site takes a little while(around 30 mins) to send you a code the first time you use the site.

Edit: Shit, I just checked the site and the Canadian PSN codes are out of stock.

btkadams

Why don't you try using PayPal via the Sony Entertainment Network website? Just link your CC to PayPal.

TheExodu5

Banned
Shit.

Fire Emblem was in stock at Walmart.ca 2 minutes ago. Out of stock right when I added it to my cart.

edit: just a glitch with their site. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom