• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story about the penny rounding: My brother said that a Tim Horton's employee in Stouffville tried rounding up to the nearest dollar (something like 20 cents) on him a week ago. He called the manager over because of how stupid it was and the manager didn't see the problem. He said he had to give the manager a math lesson. :lol
Happened to me. $0.95 rounded to $1.00

RS4-

Pacific = Pacific Mall?

If so, and as crazy as this sounds, I've yet to find a place there that sells dim sum. lol

Upstairs, the big restaurant across the arcade offers dim sum. Uhh, I think it's during the morning/lunch. I think dinner, its back to a regular restaurant.

By the rear parking lot, next to Curry's, there's Ginger & Onion; inside Market its Miu Garden. I haven't gone to the latter, but Ginger & Onion is ok. Then again, Chinese food pretty much tastes the same regardless of where you go.

Quick

Banned
Happened to me. $0.95 rounded to $1.00

My store is still giving out and accepting pennies. The excuse we're told to give to customers is our system hasn't adjusted yet, which could actually be part of the reason, but apparently, it's (also) because we still have tons of pennies.

Upstairs, the big restaurant across the arcade offers dim sum. Uhh, I think it's during the morning/lunch. I think dinner, its back to a regular restaurant.

By the rear parking lot, next to Curry's, there's Ginger & Onion; inside Market its Miu Garden. I haven't gone to the latter, but Ginger & Onion is ok. Then again, Chinese food pretty much tastes the same regardless of where you go.

Thanks. I guess I haven't explored the area as much as I thought.

And you're right about the food. They all taste about the same, with little difference, in the end.

TheExodu5

Banned
BUY THEIR DIM SUM.

Some of the best I've had is from T&T, seriously.

Yeah I had some of their stuff today. Chive pancakes (tastes like parathas...very tasty), pork dumplings, and the best were these little pork/vegetable balls which were delicious and savory. Probably the tastiest Chinese food I've tried to date. My one complaint would be that it was pretty greasy.

Returners

Just went to T&T today for the first time.

Picked up a variety of things

Roast Duck
BBQ Pork
BBQ Pork Buns
Coconut Bread
Milk Tea
Persimmons
Red Papaya
And a few other things

It's a pretty overwhelming store. There's so much to choose from. Any recommendations on things to buy there?

You missed Egg Tarts. Not the best, but close.

krae_man

Lots of people who work in retail can't do simple math to save their life. I've had totals like $7.32 and I've given the cashier $10.07 and had them give me a weird look and not know why I gave them the 7 cents. That's the problem with this change, it requires mental math that most people can't do. The POS machines needs to be programmed to automaticly display rounded change for cash transactions.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My coffee this morning cost $2.42 after taxes. I gave $2.45 and was told I wouldn't get the pennies back, and I told the guy it was fine. Not that it really matters, but I was supposed to get a nickel back, no?
Maybe. There isn't a rounding law in effect, it's only a guideline (2 down 3 up). Retailers can do whatever they like if they think it won't piss off their clientele. Like the scanning code of practice for example.

Maybe. There isn't a rounding law in effect, it's only a guideline (2 down 3 up). Retailers can do whatever they like if they think it won't piss off their clientele. Like the scanning code of practice for example.

i think the retailer was suppose to round down to 2.40?

on the other note, the Tslion Codes for the games work now again, so for people who got dupes, the first one works, the second one doesnt. (at least thats the way it works for me :p)

turns out i gave my first code of Bioshock to a Gaffer , and the second one doesn't work :p any one have a spare bioshock code?

a sad day :(

frequency

i think the retailer was suppose to round down to 2.40?

on the other note, the Tslion Codes for the games work now again, so for people who got dupes, the first one works, the second one doesnt. (at least thats the way it works for me :p)

turns out i gave my first code of Bioshock to a Gaffer , and the second one doesn't work :p any one have a spare bioshock code?

a sad day :(

I'm not sure if it works but I'll PM you the code I got but never used.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes, I know. What does that have to do with my question, sir

It cost 2.42 (so SHOULD be 2.40), he gave 2.45, he SHOULD have gotten 5 cents back, but didn'. That's how I understood it.

So.. yes, if it was 2.43 and he paid 2.45 he'd get nothing back, if that was your question.

TheExodu5

Banned
Milk Tea! I gotta get me some of that stuff!

Heh yeah. Hopefully I can find the one we had next time I go. The only one I found was super expensive ($7/bottle...it's good but not THAT good) and is hilariously plastered with Donald Duck portraits. According to Chairman Yang the one we had was "the earl grey flavoured milk tea made by Tea Time".

vulva

Heh yeah. Hopefully I can find the one we had next time I go. The only one I found was super expensive ($7/bottle...it's good but not THAT good). According to Chairman Yang the one we had was "the earl grey flavoured milk tea made by Tea Time".

Yo that sounds pretty good. I've been drinking so much milk tea lately. Tons of godly places in walking distance of my new job.

vulva

Yeah it's great. It tastes like tea, but it also oddly tastes like milk steeped in Fruit Loops. I love it.

Down here I've been getting some bubble tea with real matcha inside it. Earl Grey milk tea sounds divine though. There's this awesome place by the arcade I might hit up tonight, if so I'm gonna ask them about EG :3

Socreges

Banned
It cost 2.42 (so SHOULD be 2.40), he gave 2.45, he SHOULD have gotten 5 cents back, but didn'. That's how I understood it.

So.. yes, if it was 2.43 and he paid 2.45 he'd get nothing back, if that was your question.
That was exactly what I typed, so yes that was my question. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That was exactly what I typed, so yes that was my question. :p

I wasn't sure if your question was to verify someone else's question (with a typo), or if it was a question on its own, so I figured I'd respond to both. :D

Cheerilee

Lots of people who work in retail can't do simple math to save their life. I've had totals like $7.32 and I've given the cashier $10.07 and had them give me a weird look and not know why I gave them the 7 cents. That's the problem with this change, it requires mental math that most people can't do. The POS machines needs to be programmed to automaticly display rounded change for cash transactions.

On the day the rounding took effect, I saw a news story on TV saying that there was a bug in one of the most common POS machines in the city, where if you decide to pay by credit card, it concludes that it doesn't need to round, but then if your credit card gets declined and you choose to pay by cash next, the POS machine doesn't know what to do so it crashes.

zroid

Banned
On the day the rounding took effect, I saw a news story on TV saying that there was a bug in one of the most common POS machines in the city, where if you decide to pay by credit card, it concludes that it doesn't need to round, but then if your credit card gets declined and you choose to pay by cash next, the POS machine doesn't know what to do so it crashes.

amazing, haha

Here are a couple of codes for whoever wants them:

1 Month of PS+ Trial: 452T-J2NT-6P76

iOS Game Rayman Jungle Run: Quote for the code "It's one of nicest iOS games IMO"

Put them in an e-mail tag so those who quote it first gets it. And I would also recommend Rayman Jungle Run. I've had decent fun with it. Simple but effective game. Get all the teeth and be ready for some hard levels.

Sorry I have no idea how to make that quote! Can you let me know?
And yes Rayman is awesome and challenging if you wanna collect all the teeth. I've had it since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom