• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 for $60 gift card is up.

Shit list appears to be the standard now.

No Vita or 3DS and a lot of new titles that I want to get rid of aren't even on it. Is it so hard for someone to update this weekly with reasonably new to holiday content and rare-trade content?

Hire one person with some gaming knowledge to do this.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy has a whole bunch of promotions for pre-ordering God of War Ascension right now. You can get $10 off with the code "RZ60WA2013", 800RZ, a $20 coupon for pre-ordering Last of Us, and 1 free month of PS+.

Best Buy has a whole bunch of promotions for pre-ordering God of War Ascension right now. You can get $10 off with the code "RZ60WA2013", 800RZ, a $20 coupon for pre-ordering Last of Us, and 1 free month of PS+.

I wasn't going to grab this but I'm tempted now.

Edit: Code did not work. :/

wingz

FS has the same promotions (LoU coupon and 1 Month Free PS+) and a major plus would be if you used the $20 off Tsilon code.

If Tsilon intends to do a $20 off code for the LoU, it could potentially mean getting the game for $19.99

2 for $60 is up.

Shit list appears to be the standard now.

No Vita or 3DS and a lot of new titles that I want to get rid of aren't even on it. Is it so hard for someone to update this weekly with reasonably new to holiday content and rare-trade content?

Hire one person with some gaming knowledge to do this.

Who is offering that?

EDIT: Ohh trade? Ahh.

BadWolf

FS has the same promotions (LoU coupon and 1 Month Free PS+) and a major plus would be if you used the $20 off Tsilon code.

If Tsilon intends to do a $20 off code for the LoU, it could potentially mean getting the game for $19.99

That is it happened with Halo 4.

*crosses fingers*

zroid

Banned
hmm I guess they haven't activated the code yet. I'm kind of hoping they'll botch it and make it work on all purchases, like last time, lol

yeah I was thinking the same about Last of Us xD

Crazy. My God of War tsilon code worked on Future Shop. Thought they were done.

$39.99 for GoW + $20 off LoU + $5 off a digital title that is $19.99 + 1 month PSN.

Sora_N

Toys R Us Canada on ebay.ca has some games at 50%

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Kirby's REturn to Dreamland $25
Donkey Kong Returns $15
PS3 Lord of the Rings Lego $20
Mass Effect 3 $10
Some Nintendo Selects for Wii $10

Very tempted to buy ME3, would it go to $10 again in the future though? I haven't even played 1 or 2 yet.

AzerPhire

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Very tempted to buy ME3, would it go to $10 again in the future though? I haven't even played 1 or 2 yet.

Thanks! Grabbed DKR. Free shipping seals the deal.

finalhour

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Nice deals, thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to grab Pikmin 2 for awhile and this looks like as good a deal as any. $10 is a pretty good deal for ME3, but if you haven't played the first two you might want to wait for a sale on the trilogy set instead. It's definitely worth playing through the whole saga, IMO.

Median

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Cheers! I grabbed Resident Evil 6 for $15 because apparently I hate my money!

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Super mario galaxy 2 = $60 WTH Toys R us...

Prices are $200+. Yikes.

In any case, I actually bailed out on looking for a full-on HTPC, and am now looking for a Raspberry Pi computer. There's a dude on Kijiji selling them for $58.00 each, since he bought them in bulk. He has his name and phone number posted on his listing, so either he's being a cool dude and showing people he's not going to scam them, or he's a serial killer using an alias.

On that note, anywhere in Toronto (Scarborough area?) I could pick up a Raspberry Pi, or is Kijiji/local listings the only way? The guy is all the way in Richmond Hill, and I feel like I'd be wasting gas driving there just to pick up one.

The Kijiji sellers may have gotten them from http://dfsdirect.ca/

Prices aren't great but they have a lot of discount codes to bring the price down more.

Sora_N

I was gonna get Lego LOTR but decided to pass for now, it'll be $20 regular price soon enough...and I just don't have time to play that right now. So tempted though.

DJ_Lae

Bought the Kirby anniversary edition thing for $20.

Donkey Kong is tempting but I'm going to wait for the 3DS port so I don't have to hack my Wii to play with proper controls.

Bought the Kirby anniversary edition thing for $20.

Donkey Kong is tempting but I'm going to wait for the 3DS port so I don't have to hack my Wii to play with proper controls.

Didnt notice they had that, just picked one up, only 3 more available, probably wont even open it lol

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

omg, hungry hungry hippos...
I'm tempted to pick some stuff up but I need to check my backlog to see what I actually HAVE already. I think it's getting out of control lol

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Thanks, I grabbed Pikmin 2 for $11.50 taxes in. Not sure if I want to get DK now or wait and get the 3DS one.

zroid

Banned
Thanks, I grabbed Pikmin 2 for $11.50 taxes in. Not sure if I want to get DK now or wait and get the 3DS one.

Wait for the 3DS one, I think. It's going to look great in 3D, and the controls will surely be more amenable. I didn't have a problem with them on the Wii, personally, but at the same time I can't say I would "miss" them either. Unless it ends up buggy or broken for some reason, the 3DS version will be the one to get.

I would wait if you don't want to do the cc hack. I'm not sure if you can do it without softmodding your Wii, but it was well worth it. The controls were so much tighter and it became a completely different game for me.

Rubius

Hmm. I bought this for $76.38+tax also from Amazon.ca back in July. If you're surviving okay with whatever memory card you have now, I'd say be patient.

Well I only have Playstation all star on it outside of the games saves, so I should be fine for a while. I just hope they announce a drop at the same time as the Ps4 next week.

Sora_N

Anyone want to preorder Metal Gear Revengeance from FS? (Quote my post, if it doesn't work then I'm not sure why but give it a shot if you want the game.)

Lurkee

Neo Member

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Donkey Kong Returns $15
Mass Effect 3 $10

Thanks for the heads up! Why would Toys R Us feel the need to sell on ebay.ca? Aren't they a big enough retailer that they can just have the sale on their own site without having to pay any fees to ebay?

DJ_Lae

Thanks for the heads up! Why would Toys R Us feel the need to sell on ebay.ca? Aren't they a big enough retailer that they can just have the sale on their own site without having to pay any fees to ebay?

No idea, but those same games are also on sale on their site, just as a buy one get one free.

Offering them two ways is weird.

Sora_N

I used to work at TRU. They barely make any money off toys and video games. Most of their money comes from the TRU brand products (all made in China so there's no manufacturer's warranty, and most of the baby items). I have no idea why they made an online store, maybe they're just trying to reach more of the market. Some items have free shipping (mostly games) and some don't though.

No idea, but those same games are also on sale on their site, just as a buy one get one free.

Offering them two ways is weird.

That's weird haha, well the tru.ca site has a bit more stuff (like RE6 on PS3 listed, but sold out). TTT2, Infamous collection, ZoEHD, is listed also.

zroid

Banned
It's supposed to be $50. No regular Wii game has a price of $60.

New to Canada? :p

Wii games used to cost $59.99 CAD, as was always the case for $49.99 USD games, until a couple years ago. Since Nintendo doesn't officially drop its prices (generally), games like NSMB Wii and SMG2 still go for $59.99, as they did at the times of their release.

Do you remember "Compucentre" back in the N64 days?

Back when there wasn't an EB/Gamestop/Futureshop/Best Buy on every street corner I used to go look for games that were sold out everywhere else......like WCW vs NWO World Tour.......which they had for 120
They also had Doom for over 100

Gadirok

Yah, actually I saw mass effect 3 for the wii U at 80 dollars at walmart yesterday and I was like wtf...

Walmart has some real ****ed up prices. I've seen Ratchet and Clank: FFA for 21.83. I don't know why they decide they should go above the MSRP, only big box retail store I know that does that.

DaBoss

New to Canada? :p

Wii games used to cost $59.99 CAD, as was always the case for $49.99 USD games, until a couple years ago. Since Nintendo doesn't officially drop its prices (generally), games like NSMB Wii and SMG2 still go for $59.99, as they did at the times of their release.

What the hell? I have probably lived under a rock or don't remember at all. I had a Wii since 2008 (right before Brawl came out) and I don't even remember paying $60 for a Wii game. I must have had a huge mind lapse.

Boulayman

talking about nintendo pricing, I got a 3ds xl a couple of days ago and it's pretty awesome but I only have mario kart 7 and fire emblem ( and some cheap gunslinger platformer I found on teh eshop) so far so I wanted to get more but the eshop selection is quite limited and well a tad pricey given our southern neighbours are having specials selling them for like 15 bucks or sth.

So my question to canadian 3ds owners, have you been able to score a major release for less than 40 dollars ?

I am interested in Starfox, zelda and layton I think ? I'll get the mario one when I preorder luigi mansion.

Sora_N

talking about nintendo pricing, I got a 3ds xl a couple of days ago and it's pretty awesome but I only have mario kart 7 and fire emblem ( and some cheap gunslinger platformer I found on teh eshop) so far so I wanted to get more but the eshop selection is quite limited and well a tad pricey given our southern neighbours are having specials selling them for like 15 bucks or sth.

So my question to canadian 3ds owners, have you been able to score a major release for less than 40 dollars ?

I am interested in Starfox, zelda and layton I think ? I'll get the mario one when I preorder luigi mansion.

Got Starfox for $10 last year from Amazon.ca, Zelda for $19.99 (was on sale for $29.99, used a rewardzone coupon). Sometimes BB or FS put 3DS games on sale for $29.99.

Back when there wasn't an EB/Gamestop/Futureshop/Best Buy on every street corner I used to go look for games that were sold out everywhere else......like WCW vs NWO World Tour.......which they had for 120

Compucenter! Wow. Blast from the past...right across from A &A Records in the mall.

I bought Ultimate VII from Compucenter. Every time I wanted to play it I had to uninstall Word Perfect from the hard drive to make room.

Buried On Mars

Neo Member
Does anyone in Brampton/GTA know of any locations that has Valkyria Chronicles in stock at one of the walmarts? I may drive over after class to pick up a copy since reading week is coming up.

The Microplay in Newmarket had one used for $30 last weekend. I'd give them a call to be sure its still there.

jet1911

Question for you guys. Bought a WiiU at the end of last month at Beat Buy. I was checking the Futureshop website this morning and I saw that they give Sonic Transformed with the Deluxe set. Do you think there's a way I could get the game from Best Buy? Does it fall under their "we'll beat any prices" policy?

wingz

Question for you guys. Bought a WiiU at the end of last month at Beat Buy. I was checking the Futureshop website this morning and I saw that they give Sonic Transformed with the Deluxe set. Do you think there's a way I could get the game from Best Buy? Does it fall under their "we'll beat any prices" policy?

BB also has the same promotion going. So, if it's within 30 days, I don't think they would have a problem matching that.

What the hell? I have probably lived under a rock or don't remember at all. I had a Wii since 2008 (right before Brawl came out) and I don't even remember paying $60 for a Wii game. I must have had a huge mind lapse.

It was around the the time where Super Mario Galaxy 1 was released (2007), where Nintendo decided to match U.S. MSRP. All the other companies were following suit at the same time. Most Nintendo games before SMG1 was $59.99.

This might be off topic but I'm looking for a printer preferably Air Print enabled. I had a cheap all in one inkjet but the ink just didn't last for long. Any suggestions or good deals you might know of? Thanks.

DaBoss

It was around the the time where Super Mario Galaxy 1 was released (2007), where Nintendo decided to match U.S. MSRP. All the other companies were following suit at the same time. Most Nintendo games before SMG1 was $59.99.

Ahh that makes sense. No wonder I didn't notice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I used to work at the Eaton Centre location.

Back when I was with the most terrible girl in one of the most terrible periods in my life...

Don't remember seeing prices that crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom