• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

Hey guys this game called Infinity Blade is free on the iOS app store. It's basically like point and click/hack and slash, but the graphics really got my attention:

mzl.ehggygfv.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.nlhffeif.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.cihybnlm.320x480-75.jpg

daevv

Toys R Us Canada on ebay.ca has some games at 50%

Some highlights:
LBP Vita $20
Kirby's REturn to Dreamland $25
Donkey Kong Returns $15
PS3 Lord of the Rings Lego $20
Mass Effect 3 $10
Some Nintendo Selects for Wii $10

Very tempted to buy ME3, would it go to $10 again in the future though? I haven't even played 1 or 2 yet.

Sale must be over as Lego Lord of the Rings shows $39.99 now. :(

Tagg9

So my question to canadian 3ds owners, have you been able to score a major release for less than 40 dollars ?

I am interested in Starfox, zelda and layton I think ? I'll get the mario one when I preorder luigi mansion.

My purchases over the last year:
- Kid Icarus for $30 (FS coupon)
- NSMB2 (FS Trade 1 Deal, Used a $15 Game)
- Paper Mario ($25, Pre-Order Discount at Best Buy)
- Kingdom Hearts ($20, Future Shop E3 Pre-Order)
- Professor Layton ($20, Future Shop E3 Pre-Order)
- Art Academy ($15, EB Games Deal)

On the whole, I'd recommend just looking out for deals and chances are they'll be on sale at some point. At the same time, I've also forked out the retail price for certain games that aren't likely to be discounted (eg. Virtue's Last Reward).

SickBoy

I used to work at the Eaton Centre location.

Back when I was with the most terrible girl in one of the most terrible periods in my life...

Don't remember seeing prices that crazy

I don't think that was peculiar to Compucentre... other than they might have been old stock. I remember Walmart having ridiculous prices on some of the third-party N64 games, too... as in $125-ish for certain titles. A lot of it was the weak dollar at the time (about $1.40 to buy a U.S. dollar)

RS4-

My CC just got charged by Best Buy for $47.99 Revengeance LE, lol. I do hope they actually send me the LE. :p

Me too man, me too. Even though I already grabbed a normal one from a mate at EB. If it isn't the LE, going to make a call to BB and return it. I doubt they'll honor the LE haha.

This might be off topic but I'm looking for a printer preferably Air Print enabled. I had a cheap all in one inkjet but the ink just didn't last for long. Any suggestions or good deals you might know of? Thanks.

I thought Wii game prices were $59.99 because the exchange rate was still below par. SMG1 was dropped to $49.99 when SMG2 came out because it would be silly to charge the same price for both.

Zelda SS was $49.99.

Quick

Banned
So, I'm doing the free trial for Amazon Prime. Will it automatically bill me the $79 after the one month free trial?

And not to sound like some conspiracy theorist or something, but is Amazon.ca deliberately slowing down their order delivery to make Prime more appealing?

I don't think that was peculiar to Compucentre... other than they might have been old stock. I remember Walmart having ridiculous prices on some of the third-party N64 games, too... as in $125-ish for certain titles. A lot of it was the weak dollar at the time (about $1.40 to buy a U.S. dollar)

It definitely wasn't just Compucentre...I remember looking through catalogues from Toys R Us and Consumers Distributing (crap I'm old) back in the mid '90s and seeing some games listed there for $100+. That's why $60 games don't annoy me at all now.

btkadams

are there any good ps3 deals going on right now? i'd love to get a slim (not super slim) if places are clearing out stock. my bf's bluray player just broke and i thought it would be nice to have a bluray player that can play games too.

Jaruru

are there any good ps3 deals going on right now? i'd love to get a slim (not super slim) if places are clearing out stock. my bf's bluray player just broke and i thought it would be nice to have a bluray player that can play games too.

wait until Wed
maybe price drop incoming

It definitely wasn't just Compucentre...I remember looking through catalogues from Toys R Us and Consumers Distributing (crap I'm old) back in the mid '90s and seeing some games listed there for $100+. That's why $60 games don't annoy me at all now.

Yeah I remember the prices when my parents would buy me SNES games and there were titles for $125 when they were first released.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Didn't know switching to US Netflix was so easy. Switched a couple DNS settings on my PS3 and voila.

Input these settings on whatever devices:

Link

Beast Wars, South Park, King of the Hill etc. So many movies. A lot of WWF stuff too. Good WWF stuff and not too much Cena era garbage.

BadWolf

How are best buy about shipping preoders?

The last game I preodered was KOFXIII from ebgames and received it on the day of release from them. Hoping best buy does the same with Rising.

SVxM

How are best buy about shipping preoders?

The last game I preodered was KOFXIII from ebgames and received it on the day of release from them. Hoping best buy does the same with Rising.

Not bad. Usually, you get a shipping notice on the weekend before the release and you get the game on Tuesday (if you're in Ontario or Quebec urban areas). I don't have any bad experiences with preorders from BB.

Sajjaja

Didn't know switching to US Netflix was so easy. Switched a couple DNS settings on my PS3 and voila.

Input these settings on whatever devices:

Link

Beast Wars, South Park, King of the Hill etc. So many movies. A lot of WWF stuff too. Good WWF stuff and not too much Cena era garbage.

Would doing this affect the PS Store or online play?

joedick

We paid $100 for Super Mario 3 from the M Store (anybody remember that?) when it first came out. I don't think that was the regular price - I think we got gouged, but it was cool being the first kid on the block to have it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We paid $100 for Super Mario 3 from the M Store (anybody remember that?) when it first came out. I don't think that was the regular price - I think we got gouged, but it was cool being the first kid on the block to have it.

No, $99 for a NES/SNES and even N64 games was par for the course.

tipoo

Banned
Hey guys this game called Infinity Blade is free on the iOS app store. It's basically like point and click/hack and slash, but the graphics really got my attention:

Yeah, just a little indie game from a small company called Epic Games, with the largest budget ever for an iOS game until the sequel. You've probably never heard of it :p

jk

Bell is hiring again. Feb 26 is national recruiting day and friendly recruiting agents will be at most major stores conducting spot interviews. As always if you want me to have a brief look over for your resume I am more than happy to, and if its halfway decent I can hand over my employee number which will put you at the top of the list.

Also the Vancouver call centre is hiring again, http://bit.ly/XGihS8 should be the link to the CSR position. Same thing applies for resumes for this position, I actually helped a gaffers brother get hired, so don't be shy to shoot me a PM.

zroid

Banned
According to FS, they'll be getting more stock of the game around mid-March. Probably not a far jump to assume it'll be similar for other retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom