• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
As long as I can trade games in for 20-40 dollars there is no point buying on the e-shop

Well there are a lot of really good eShop only games like Pushmo, Crashmo, Crimson Shroud, Mutant Mudds, some VC games, and soon, HarmoKnight. A few great DSiWare gems too. Not sure how much you have in gift cards, but you could probably use up $40-50 pretty quick.

(Question was did you order MGR in January)

I am still able to cancel my copy that has been upgraded to the Limited Edition by Futureshop... (Which I don't like) so not even a charge for me yet. Anyone who got the upgrade has been charged? I know that a few Best Buy customers in this situation who have been charged this week-end.

zroid

Banned
WHOOP, shipped! I just realized that Canada Post works on Family Day since it's a provincial holiday. So if Best Buy is still processing shipments from their warehouse, it should get picked up by CP today. Delivery tomorrow is looking good for me!

geqSoZd.png

WHOOP, shipped! I just realized that Canada Post works on Family Day since it's a provincial holiday. So if Best Buy is still processing shipments from their warehouse, it should get picked up by CP today. Delivery tomorrow is looking good for me!

geqSoZd.png

Damn why is Futureshop so slow... I ordered in June haha...

But good for you! =)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

geqSoZd.png
I'm jelly D:

It always seems like it's reverse chronological order, yeah -.-'

My bumped LE hasn't shipped yet, hoping I can still get it tomorrow. Don't think I could handle having Revengeance in my hands and Playstation Meeting on the same day.

Quadratic

Sorry it's really late but I forgot Tsilon reactivated the GLIST codes I requested.

Here's a Metal Gear Rising code I didn't use because I had it ordered back during E3. I hope it still works. FutureShop.ca still has the game for preorder so I think the code is good until 12AM PST.

Quote to reveal:

Please post if you've used the code. Thanks

Bell is hiring again. Feb 26 is national recruiting day and friendly recruiting agents will be at most major stores conducting spot interviews. As always if you want me to have a brief look over for your resume I am more than happy to, and if its halfway decent I can hand over my employee number which will put you at the top of the list.

Also the Vancouver call centre is hiring again, http://bit.ly/XGihS8 should be the link to the CSR position. Same thing applies for resumes for this position, I actually helped a gaffers brother get hired, so don't be shy to shoot me a PM.

Quoting for a new page just in case.

zroid

Banned
Oh, wtf Subway.

They rounded my purchase up, even though it was a DEBIT transaction! I told the dude they weren't supposed to do that, but he just responded that the machines do it automatically.

I wasn't going to press the issue over 2 cents (this time), but THAT'S SOME BULL-SHIT

Cheerilee

Oh, wtf Subway.

They rounded my purchase up, even though it was a DEBIT transaction! I told the dude they weren't supposed to do that, but he just responded that the machines do it automatically.

I wasn't going to press the issue over 2 cents (this time), but THAT'S SOME BULL-SHIT

Every retailer is supposed to make up their own rules regarding the penny. They can round up all the time, they can round down all the time, they can round up or down based on typical rounding, they can change their prices... The only rule is that if they don't eliminate all the physical pennies somehow from every transaction, the government will take them away through a specific penny-grabbing tax.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Paid $6.38 for McDonalds last night with my MasterCard. Today, the same order was $6.30. I don't think people know their math too well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Paid $6.38 for McDonalds last night with my MasterCard. Today, the same order was $6.30. I don't think people know their math too well.
I think the more important thing here is that you're eating at McDonald's two days in a row. Come on man. :p

zroid

Banned
They do enforce the skill testing question on winning a lucky draw no? ;)

haha that reminds me, a few months ago I won a $150 gift card from some random contest, and the skill testing question was unusually difficult. :(

I admit it, I checked with a calculator; but come on, it was $150.

Boulayman

Talking about nutrition ? Any tips for eating healthy cheaply and without hassle in Montreal ? Been through a hard time acedemically and relationship wise so I have really let myself go :( Nibs, coke, mcdonald's, just earlier today I had lunch at the 5 guys :(

I miss the scores downtown near concordia, their salad bar was a god sent :(

I just realized, my Revengence LE from FS hasn't shipped yet at all.

Same here...

PS3 version is marked as Sold Out on my order summary. I know that it just states what it says on the page of the game but I still don't like it... Feel like I will get screwed somehow... can't wait to see the cancel button gone. Oh and the 360 LE is still in stock.

Lurkee

Neo Member
Talking about nutrition ? Any tips for eating healthy cheaply and without hassle in Montreal ? Been through a hard time acedemically and relationship wise so I have really let myself go :( Nibs, coke, mcdonald's, just earlier today I had lunch at the 5 guys :(

I miss the scores downtown near concordia, their salad bar was a god sent :(

Try to start cutting out fast-food and anything that is deep fried/greasy? No pop/soft drinks unless you're okay with diet versions. Subway's okay, if you stick to the healthier menu options. Really the cheapest option is to buy groceries and cook meals yourself. YMMV though. But it's better to take small steps and work your way up the health ladder. :)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Fucking great.

People who legitimately ordered MGR LE have their orders out of stock while people who ordered a regular edition get the LE for $39.99 and shipped?!

What a fucking clown show.

Fucking great.

People who legitimately ordered MGR LE have their orders out of stock while people who ordered a regular edition get the LE for $39.99?!

What a fucking clown show.

Not exactly. I have a $39.99 preorder of the LE which I placed back in June and it's showing out of stock for me as well. It hasn't shipped.

:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit just realized my LE is out of stock too :/

It was bumped up to an LE from a regular, but I could care less because I just want the game and don't really care for the lamp :|

How fast y'all think they'll be back in stock, or will they ever be?

Oh shit just realized my LE is out of stock too :/

It was bumped up to an LE from a regular, but I could care less because I just want the game and don't really care for the lamp :|

How fast y'all think they'll be back in stock, or will they ever be?

Well, I think that the "Out of Stock" on our order's page is just being pulled from the page of the actual LE visible to everyone, so if it is out of stock because they counted our pre-orders, we still probably have a copy reserved and there for us. But we see out of stock because it is for someone who goes to buy it now. I don't know if I make myself clear... haha!

zroid

Banned
Has ANYONE who got the LE bump with Future Shop had their order ship or even card charged yet? I know Best Buy at least has begun shipping their LE bump orders.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Well, I think that the "Out of Stock" on our order's page is just being pulled from the page of the actual LE visible to everyone, so if it is out of stock because they counted our pre-orders, we still probably have a copy reserved and there for us. But we see out of stock because it is for someone who goes to buy it now. I don't know if I make myself clear... haha!

I really hope that you're right. Eases my mind a bit.

nordique

Sorry it's really late but I forgot Tsilon reactivated the GLIST codes I requested.

Here's a Metal Gear Rising code I didn't use because I had it ordered back during E3. I hope it still works. FutureShop.ca still has the game for preorder so I think the code is good until 12AM PST.

Quote to reveal:

Please post if you've used the code. Thanks

Hi quadratic, thank you for posting this code

I tried to use it but it wouldn't work; it essentially says it is no longer valid. I may have missed if someone else ended up using it. I also tried in english website as well as french one.

Thanks for posting though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom