• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Canada post has managed to lose 2 of my letter mail shipments in the last 3 months. Either that or someone is stealing my mail, or the deliveries have been going to someone else.

One valued at $120 and another at $40.

I don't know what else to do except pay out the ass for tracking and insurance

iLLmAtlc

Sucks for everybody who legit ordered a LE and isn't getting one yet. On the bright side I think they would be gift certificating the hell out of this screw up.

Gila

Anyone buy the GoT S2 Lannister or Greyjoy exclusives from FS?

I know the front French text is removable but I'm wondering about the side one?

m2203709_1.jpg

[edit] NVM It's removable

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So uhh, I think I actually got my LE. CP just delivered a massive box to my door step.
Did you get a shipping notification beforehand?

Still no shipping notification here... Currently sitting awaiting them to fit me in to do my G test. Right when it was time to do my test, the battery didn't start. FML. Got it boosted and now I'm waiting.

RS4-

...why is mine the ps3 version. And why is there no packing slip.

Did you get a shipping notification beforehand?

Still no shipping notification here... Currently sitting awaiting them to fit me in to do my G test. Right when it was time to do my test, the battery didn't start. FML. Got it boosted and now I'm waiting.

Yeah I got a shipping email from BB.

RS4-

Here's a comparison size of the LE box.

I haven't taken out the lamp yet because BB sent me the ps3 one instead of 360.

I'll call up BB later and see what they can do. I'm not too bummed about it.

Mine says out of stock for the 360 LE from Future Shop, no charge, no shipping notice, the site says 65 on backorder, maybe they didn't get their shipment at all?

Here's a comparison size of the LE box.

I haven't taken out the lamp yet because BB sent me the ps3 one instead of 360.

I'll call up BB later and see what they can do. I'm not too bummed about it.

I would be scared that they would then realize the error they did. I am sure Liquidus would buy it from you for the full price if FutureShop cannot send his!

zroid

Banned
Some executive at Best Buy is probably getting reamed right now over this botched LE thing. $48, lol.

I can't figure out how to open this goddamn box. Aahhhh wait, you do it from the side.

What frustrates me the most is not that I might not get the LE for cheap, is that it is release day, I still don't have any version of the game on the way and they should know by now what's up with this and there is no e-mail anywhere telling us about the situation. What a bunch of clowns... I hate them so much... It's always complicated with them, their website is one of the worse I ever saw, full of random ass errors all the time... If it was not for the Tsilon codes they could eat a bag of dicks, I would send my money somewhere else! =)

BadWolf

Best Buy came through with day 1 shipping, received a shipping email and its says its out for delivery.

Notice says they shipped the LE, I pre-ordered the regular version back in September for $49.99 ^.^

I have had problems with Futureshop gift cards not working on their site. Is it possible to go back to the store and refund my CC and use the Giftcard instead with online purchases? seeing as we have the tsilon.ca deals I had to use my CC after I noticed the gift card wasn't working.

zroid

Banned
SOOO GOOD. They even gave you a standee for the Steelbook? Congrats to who were able to get this amazing deal.

haha no, that's the Wii U GamePad stand xD

Dat salt in the wound

FS'll pull through!
...maybe...

I wonder if the fact that FS got a whole bunch of pre-orders in June from tsilon and the general E3 promo is what may have caused them to take too many orders for the game, which were all bumped up inadvertently. BB didn't exactly have a promotion like that well in advance of the game's release.

zroid

Banned
Any lamp impressions?

It's okay. The base looks pretty cheap, and the sword doesn't light up on its own as you might expect it to. The colour changing "plasma" thing looks cool, although it's dim. If I had to price it, I'd say maybe 30 or 40 bucks at the most. I'd find it pretty hard to justify the whole LE package for more than about $100.

I'd like to get a good look at it in the dark, so maybe I'll give more impressions tonight.

BadWolf

It's okay. The base looks pretty cheap, and the sword doesn't light up on its own as you might expect it to. The colour changing "plasma" thing looks cool, although it's dim. If I had to price it, I'd say maybe 30 or 40 bucks at the most. I'd find it pretty hard to justify the whole LE package for more than about $100.

I'd like to get a good look at it in the dark, so maybe I'll give more impressions tonight.

Thanks man.

Yeah, I didn't think much of it since its announcement. Thinking whether I should open it or leave it unopened and sell it to someone who might actually want it.

iiicon

Just received my MGR pre-order from Futureshop. It's the standard edition, for those curious. Isn't this supposed to have some pre-order skin DLC? There's nothing inside the game and no code attached to an e-mail. I knew I wasn't getting the steelbook but I still thought I was getting some cool skin.

Just received my MGR pre-order from Futureshop. It's the standard edition, for those curious. Isn't this supposed to have some pre-order skin DLC? There's nothing inside the game and no code attached to an e-mail. I knew I wasn't getting the steelbook but I still thought I was getting some cool skin.

Don't they usually email any preorder DLC codes?

DJ_Lae

Huh.

I just realized when I used my Ni No Kuni receipt coupon for $10 off Sly the other week, the woman at the till forgot to write redeemed on it.

Here's hoping Fire Emblem comes back in stock this month at one of the Future Shops here, I'll use the coupon again.

BadWolf

When I pre-ordered Halo 4 from them I received the DLC codes via email later (after I received the game).

zroid

Banned
Yeah I think the DLC codes will be emailed. I haven't received mine yet.

Unless they're withholding it from me out of spite.

i don't think FS had any pre-order DLC/items for this release. just a $10 credit for online orders and steelbook for in-store.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=6ca8a82974295d23cadcf8c85122ca82en02

Takuan

That MGR art book that came with the EB pre-order is pretty sweet. Makes me not want to return the game (also pre-ordered @$39.99 from Future Shop).

Shout out to EGM92 for hooking up a bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom