• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

All this stress and worry and wondering over online orders....don't you guys find it exhausting and annoying?

Give me brick and mortar any day.

Also, yay for BB's liberal price matching. GoT S2 Bluray for $37!

A lot of us got some pretty nice deals for online thanks to tsilon and other pre-order deals.

Deals like the Metal Gear Rising LE - priced normally at $149.99 for $39.99.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All this stress and worry and wondering over online orders....don't you guys find it exhausting and annoying?

I'm pretty comfortable complaining while sitting in my reclining leather chair than in a customer service line where I have to wait for the employee to start caring and come help me, actually!

My Metal Gear Rising LE is now shipped!
IT BEGINS

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My FS page just updated with tracking information for my Revengeance bumped LE. Doesn't work though because it obviously hasn't been processed with Canada Post yet, but still.

Aw yeah!

No_Style

Mine shipped as well. Excellent.

Nope. I was merely curious if they would honor the LE upgrades. I had a regular version come in already. The LE is just a bonus for me.

Boulayman

I'm surprised by how many of you guys are buying this MGS lol. I'M a pretty big MGS fan (MGS 4 is the reason why I bought a PS3, literally as I have the MGS 4 ps3) but this doesn't really feel like MGS to me. Am I missing sth ?

I'm surprised by how many of you guys are buying this MGS lol. I'M a pretty big MGS fan (MGS 4 is the reason why I bought a PS3, literally as I have the MGS 4 ps3) but this doesn't really feel like MGS to me. Am I missing sth ?

That's because it's not MGS, It's MGR. It's not meant to feel like MGS.

Well beside loving the hell out of MGS, I am also a great PlatinumGames fan so... yea! Not the same kind of gameplay, but one I love much =)

Madouu

If you've ever played & liked a PlatinumGames product then you definitely should check it out!

frequency

I'm actually not really interested in the game. I just ordered just because $39.99 and I figured I'd gift it or something. Now I guess I'll be gifting an LE.

Boulayman

Haha ok, I see guys. Well the game does look good but yah I didn't click with Bayonetta very much. Way too nonsensical for me haha. I did like DMC 4 quite a bit to be frank and I once tried one of the old DMCs but I found it too challenging :S But yah I realize that the older DMCs are not Platinum games, just Kamiya. I actually own Infinite Space and tried to play it once but it seems so.. vast... I sorta got scared haha.

I guess I'll buy MGR eventually. I tried the demo but didn't get farther than the tutorial :S. Is it canon ?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haha ok, I see guys. Well the game does look good but yah I didn't click with Bayonetta very much. Way too nonsensical for me haha. I did like DMC 4 quite a bit to be frank and I once tried one of the old DMCs but I found it too challenging :S But yah I realize that the older DMCs are not Platinum games, just Kamiya. I actually own Infinite Space and tried to play it once but it seems so.. vast... I sorta got scared haha.

I guess I'll buy MGR eventually. I tried the demo but didn't get farther than the tutorial :S. Is it canon ?
Yes, it is canon.

Also it's more like Ninja Gaiden than it is like DMC, so it's a bit more about movement and spatial awareness than how great your combo is. Apparently the difficulty options are pretty good in MGR from reading over the thread and playing the demo. Normal is pretty lenient, they give you up to almost a full second to parry things, and I can only imagine Easy is even easier. The demo tutorial just did an absolutely TERRIBLE job teaching you how to play the game. Like, horrible.

Gadirok

Did anyone else just get $10 in PSN cash from PSN in their messages? I was playing sleeping dogs and just noticed that I got a message giving me $10 for being a loyal customer?

Was there another event or something?

zroid

Banned
I've never even played an MGS game. Well, I tried to. Stopped after 20 minutes. :\

Revengeance is so awesome though. Demo sold me, and I love P* anyway.

^ yep I got the $10 too

LGom09

I've never even played an MGS game. Well, I tried to. Stopped after 20 minutes. :\

Revengeance is so awesome though. Demo sold me, and I love P* anyway.
I actually got MGS 1-4 last year in anticipation for MGR. Only got a few hours into the first one... Still want to play through the series eventually though!

Sora_N

Did anyone else just get $10 in PSN cash from PSN in their messages? I was playing sleeping dogs and just noticed that I got a message giving me $10 for being a loyal customer?

I just checked, i got one too. :) Sweet

Me too!!! That is great! On the day of their conference haha, they go at it strong!

I wonder how much you have to have spent to receive this?

frequency

I got it too.

I think I've only ever bought avatars and the Valkyria Chronicles DLC (when it was on sale) in the PlayStation Store. So if there is some amount of money you had to have spent, it's not very much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Like I said in the other thread, I got it but none of my alt accounts or my brother's or cousin's accounts got it. Hopefully it's just a slow roll out and eventually everyone gets it.

frequency

I didn't get anything D: I bought MGS1, Dark Souls DLC, Journey from PSN.

maybe you guys are PS+ members?

Definitely not PS+.
I'm not comfortable spending more than $2 on anything digital.

I would guess everyone will get this but not all at once. It will come later for others.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't considering I haven't played anything on Sony platforms since like... December?

I've been busy getting an education -_-

would be awesome if I got it though

BadWolf

Probably a long shot but....

Anyone in Mississauga (or close to it) get the PS3 LE by mistake when ordering the 360 LE? The opposite has happened to me.

I'd love to do a straight trade (my 360 LE for your PS3 LE). My 360 LE is brand new and sealed, pretty much untouched after I took it out of the Besy Buy box.

How is it as a lamp actually? Totally curious might throw out my shitty $10 Canadian Tire lamp and put this on my desk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1U43IrvcPs

I like the part when he touches it.

Kazerei

Banned
Zombi U is $29.97 and Nintendo Land is $39.97 at Costco in Kitchener. Should be the same across the Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic provinces.

hDjHUx0.jpg

Edit: oh, and the Wii U deluxe set is $309.99

wingz

This may be highly unlikely, but I might as well try. Does anybody know where to get posters based on Yoji Shinkawa's artwork? Trying to find some cool Rising/MGS posters based on his artwork, but can't find anything at the moment.

evanmisha

Might be a bit of a crapshoot, but is anyone in Toronto getting a ZombiU bundle maybe interested in trading their Nintendo Land download code for my physical copy?

I picked up a regular MGR from Future Shop thinking that the one they shipped me wasn't going to make it in yesterday. My shipped MGR ended up arriving so I went to return the store bought copy today and they handed me back the receipt with the $10 off code on it.

I feel dirty but I want to use it.

I still did technically buy MGR.

Returners

I picked up a regular MGR from Future Shop thinking that the one they shipped me wasn't going to make it in yesterday. My shipped MGR ended up arriving so I went to return the store bought copy today and they handed me back the receipt with the $10 off code on it.

I feel dirty but I want to use it.

I still did technically buy MGR.

Did you get the FS steelbook?

Guys, is the Blue Mario Kart XL bundle at Walmart for $199 worth it? Or do you think they may release new colors/ or promotion at cheaper price by summer?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Guys, is the Blue Mario Kart XL bundle at Walmart for $199 worth it? Or do you think they may release new colors/ or promotion at cheaper price by summer?

Depends on if you really want Mario Kart, since I've seen the XL as low as $169 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom