• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeunt

Zombi U is $29.97 and Nintendo Land is $39.97 at Costco in Kitchener. Should be the same across the Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic provinces.

Wait, are those download codes that Costco is selling? Or do you present that at the register or something in exchange for your game? I've never been to Costco so I haven't seen a setup like this before. Either way, I had been planning on picking up Zombi U from the eShop during the Ubisoft sale but this is even more tempting.

Depends on if you really want Mario Kart, since I've seen the XL as low as $169 already.

Future Shop is giving two free games with a 3DS next week, so it could apply to the MK bundle.

Wait, are those download codes that Costco is selling? Or do you present that at the register or something in exchange for your game? I've never been to Costco so I haven't seen a setup like this before. Either way, I had been planning on picking up Zombi U from the eShop during the Ubisoft sale but this is even more tempting.

For security reasons, they keep the games locked up. You take the card to the register and then they give you the game.

Depends on if you really want Mario Kart, since I've seen the XL as low as $169 already.
Thanks for the reply. Can I find the XL as low as $169 now? iirc, this MK bundle went down to $159 at bestbuy, futureshop, etc.? It's just that I don't want to hold off until Christmas.

But yeah, I think I'd buy MK7 at some point anyway; it's the best multiplayer game on the system afaik, right?

Future Shop is giving two free games with a 3DS next week, so it could apply to the MK bundle
wow, really? So basically, I can get XL + 2 games of my choice for $200?

Exeunt

For security reasons, they keep the games locked up. You take the card to the register and then they give you the game.

Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected as much since I hadn't heard of download codes being sold here, but I thought I would double check. I guess I'll have to decide between physical and download Zombi U by next Tuesday.

ElNino

Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected as much since I hadn't heard of download codes being sold here, but I thought I would double check. I guess I'll have to decide between physical and download Zombi U by next Tuesday.
If you've never been to Costco before then you would also need to purchase a membership, which last time I renewed was $50/year I believe.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you've never been to Costco before then you would also need to purchase a membership, which last time I renewed was $50/year I believe.
My brother bought a Costco membership when he moved into his house. 2 weeks before the year was up he walked into Costco and cancelled his membership and received a full refund. Kind of a shitty thing to do though.

Exeunt

Thanks for the posts, guys. Maybe I'll just stick to the eShop discount + Deluxe Digital Promotion as planned. It's a bit large, but I'm planning on picking up this 1TB Verbatim hard drive with 7-year warranty when it goes on sale Friday so I'll have room for all my future Wii U downloads once I get a Y-Cable to go along with it. The hard drive was also posted on RFD but I don't know if anyone else is interested.

Thanks for the posts, guys. Maybe I'll just stick to the eShop discount + Deluxe Digital Promotion as planned. It's a bit large, but I'm planning on picking up this 1TB Verbatim hard drive with 7-year warranty when it goes on sale Friday so I'll have room for all my future Wii U downloads once I get a Y-Cable to go along with it. The hard drive was also posted on RFD but I don't know if anyone else is interested.

Huh, that is a sweet deal. It even has a nice finish similar to the black Wii U. I wish it was FS/BB cuz I have some gift cards to spend. Can I price match, perhaps?
Edit: nvm, BB/FS don't carry it.

Just watched the preview of Luigi's Mansion, I really hope there's a deal on it. Looks great!

You can get 800 RZ points at Best Buy with a pre-order.

Sora_N

I was tempted to get one yesterday when I thought my LE was going to fall through. Do they make sure you return the steelbook along with the game?

Staff that don't know stuff usually scan, staff that know games might not scan it. I've generally had staff scan the steelbooks so they're on the receipt. You can't return the game without the steelbook in that case.

Hmmm

Thinking of cancelling a bunch of my pre-orders to save money for the next gen, specifically Watch Dogs, don't really want to get a gimped version but I guess there is time

I'm feeling meh on Starcraft 2 and Tomb Raider right now

wingz

Hmmm

Thinking of cancelling a bunch of my pre-orders to save money for the next gen, specifically Watch Dogs, don't really want to get a gimped version but I guess there is time

I'd say keep it for now, you never know, when FS will bump your order to free LE upgrade LOL. Though I have to agree Watch Dogs looked amazing again.

Tsilon needs to have at least 50 dollars off or lots of trade in promos coming up

I think I'd still lean towards Xbox, but we'll see how they compare

Quick

Banned
Only way I'm buying once before $300 is some sort of crazy Futureshop trade-in deal.

Or if my PS3 breaks, because I need a bluray player. Knock on wood..

Not sure how I'm going about this. I do want it day one, but at the same time, I don't want to get screwed by hardware problems like this gen seems to have had.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Yea, they have the same offer

The fine print says that they can up your monthly rate 2-3 dollars every 12 months, and you better believe they'll do it

Bell conditions:

Current as of January 28, 2013. Available to new and existing residential customers in Québec and Ontario, where access and technology permit. Excluding Bell Mobility devices, Turbo Hubs and Turbo sticks. Subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offers. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of your Internet service agreement found at bell.ca/agreements.

(1) One-time modem rental fee waived for new customers only.

(2) $10/mo. extra based on $30 monthly fee, less a $20 monthly credit. Available to Internet customers with continued subscription to three eligible Bell services, including Bell TV; see bell.ca/bundledetails.

I'm totally not seeing an unlimited internet bundle on Rogers site. Anyone happen to know where it's buried?

Edit: Found it! I hate this site.

Returners

Staff that don't know stuff usually scan, staff that know games might not scan it. I've generally had staff scan the steelbooks so they're on the receipt. You can't return the game without the steelbook in that case.

That's funny though, what if you opened the seal on the steelbook? Does that consider it "opened"? Hehehe

Bell conditions:

Current as of January 28, 2013. Available to new and existing residential customers in Québec and Ontario, where access and technology permit. Excluding Bell Mobility devices, Turbo Hubs and Turbo sticks. Subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offers. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of your Internet service agreement found at bell.ca/agreements.

(1) One-time modem rental fee waived for new customers only.

(2) $10/mo. extra based on $30 monthly fee, less a $20 monthly credit. Available to Internet customers with continued subscription to three eligible Bell services, including Bell TV; see bell.ca/bundledetails.

wow does this mean this is limited time only and the usual price for unlimited data is $30/mo? lol...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
wow does this mean this is limited time only and the usual price for unlimited data is $30/mo? lol...

It's been 4 years since I last had unlimited Bell internet so I think it might be a limited time offer as well.

I loved Eastlink internet but couldn't afford the $80+ for unlimited. Switched back to Bell with a slower speed and 100GB cap for $40. Don't mind paying $35 and unlimited cap.

The way the CS rep explained it was that it's $10 if you have 3 services, $20 if you have two or $30 if you only have Bell internet.

Oneself

Unlimited internet option is also available at Vidéotron. Same price for the option, better price overall (and more reliable).

Unlimited internet option is also available at Vidéotron. Same price for the option, better price overall (and more reliable).

Better price overall? What Bell is offering me for Fibe Internet,TV and phone is so much better in price than Videotron. I called Videotron and told them that I was leaving them(after years and years) if they could not offer me a deal that was as good as the one Bell offered me. Now I am a Bell customer.

Also, again, I am only one person, but my Internet with Bell never stopped working, Videotron would regularly stop working in the middle of the night for those short maintenance they do.

Maybe Videotron lost too many people like that and came up with better deals recently?

Love Canada Post sometimes... my MGR Limited Edition has been in transit with no update for 36 hours now... I am in a main city in a province next to the one where it shipped from, come on now!

btkadams

well, looks like i will be getting the 199.99 ps3 slim from bb. i don't see it cheaper anywhere else and it comes with nhl 13, which may be nice to check out.

a little disappointing that sony didn't announce a price drop, but i guess that makes more sense for e3.

Yea, they have the same offer

The fine print says that they can up your monthly rate 2-3 dollars every 12 months, and you better believe they'll do it

The fine print at almost every company has these provisions. I mostly know about mobility, but basically it says in every contract that the company can change anything about your plan whenever they want as long as they give 30 days notice. Obviously they never do anything dramatic (usually just altering pay per use rates) but theoretically Telus could leave a little note on your bill and say that they have now decided your rate plan is 200 bucks a month not 65, or virgin mobile could all the sudden say that you no longer have call display and voicemail, they are simply removing it for kicks.

Pretty crazy when you think about it..

nordique

Hmmm

wait until you find out more about next gen consoles (i.e. launch lineups, pricing, etc..)

we still don't know the specifics.

nordique

well, looks like i will be getting the 199.99 ps3 slim from bb. i don't see it cheaper anywhere else and it comes with nhl 13, which may be nice to check out.

a little disappointing that sony didn't announce a price drop, but i guess that makes more sense for e3.

have you tried any reputable buyers from ebay? I just got a brand new super slim recently (500 GB + 1year PS+) for $230, + $18 S&H (keep in mind, no taxes were paid)..if you can find something similar

its about half as deep as a slim, though build quality is not as good. It feels hefty but the outside has some cheap feeling to it, like the sliding door and the front face area. But 500GB and PS+ is actually pretty decent, worth getting for free though I wouldn't pay for it otherwise. Nice bonus. Right now, you get infamous 2, little big planet 2, vanquish, darksiders, super street fighter 4, ratchet & clank all 4 one and a bunch of PSN games plus full game 60 min trials.

That said, $200 + NHL13 is a pretty good buy too. Perhaps even better in some respects, considering you're also getting a super build slim, NHL, and may not need PS+ and all that stuff.

frequency

Just a few weeks ago, people were considering $179.99 for a 160GB old slim model at FutureShop/BestBuy a "crazy deal."

$199.99 for one with NHL 13 sounds pretty good to me.

I would buy one for "back up" if there were any in my town at that price even if I don't care for NHL 13... especially with confirmed no backwards compatibility in the PS4.

Why would Sony announce a PS3 price drop when it's priced perfectly between the 4GB 360 and the 250GB/4GB Kinect 360 and will be cheaper than the PS4?

A Vita price drop would be more likely at E3.

btkadams

Why would Sony announce a PS3 price drop when it's priced perfectly between the 4GB 360 and the 250GB/4GB Kinect 360 and will be cheaper than the PS4?

A Vita price drop would be more likely at E3.

well, i think it would be stupid to have a 7 year old console priced at 299 when the ps4 will supposedly be priced at 399 (even at 499, the ps3 would seem overpriced). the ps2 got its big pricedrops when the ps3 came out too, no? i don't quite remember.

the xbox line will likely get pricecuts too, so i'm not sure if that comparison is realistic.
have you tried any reputable buyers from ebay? I just got a brand new super slim recently (500 GB + 1year PS+) for $230, + $18 S&H (keep in mind, no taxes were paid)..if you can find something similar

its about half as deep as a slim, though build quality is not as good. It feels hefty but the outside has some cheap feeling to it, like the sliding door and the front face area. But 500GB and PS+ is actually pretty decent, worth getting for free though I wouldn't pay for it otherwise. Nice bonus. Right now, you get infamous 2, little big planet 2, vanquish, darksiders, super street fighter 4, ratchet & clank all 4 one and a bunch of PSN games plus full game 60 min trials.

That said, $200 + NHL13 is a pretty good buy too. Perhaps even better in some respects, considering you're also getting a super build slim, NHL, and may not need PS+ and all that stuff.

it's for my bf who doesn't play games, so i'm sure he would prefer the disc tray of the slim rather than the super slim. i thought about searching ebay, but i'm lazy and he needs a new blu ray player this week (his broke last week). the super slim does sound appealing htough! i may get it whent he ps4 is out, as a secondary machine.
Heads up, 3DS XL is $169.99 starting this Friday @ TRU.

would fs/bb price match this?

so i finally convinced my friend to pick up Bioshock Infinite; anyone have a space code?

i can give u any other code for the tslion games in return ! :p

GOW

GLIST52C6DXQG1
GLIST52BJH1KM6

tomb

GLIST50M64H143
GLIST50LYBK6W1

Gears

GLIST51BMG0J1F
GLIST519RST1HT

Metalgear

GLIST49LCYL8VB

GLIST49L6GHKHW

nordique

well, i think it would be stupid to have a 7 year old console priced at 299 when the ps4 will supposedly be priced at 399 (even at 499, the ps3 would seem overpriced). the ps2 got its big pricedrops when the ps3 came out too, no? i don't quite remember.

the xbox line will likely get pricecuts too, so i'm not sure if that comparison is realistic.

it's for my bf who doesn't play games, so i'm sure he would prefer the disc tray of the slim rather than the super slim. i thought about searching ebay, but i'm lazy and he needs a new blu ray player this week (his broke last week). the super slim does sound appealing htough! i may get it whent he ps4 is out, as a secondary machine.

Ah I see, in that case yes the slim + NHL is likely a better buy.

the super slim is a noticeable downgrade in overall quality, the only real advantage would be it's a good deal smaller and lighter. I've owned the phat and slim previously, so I can attest to this.

so i finally convinced my friend to pick up Bioshock Infinite; anyone have a space code?

i can give u any other code for the tslion games in return ! :p

GOW

GLIST52C6DXQG1
GLIST52BJH1KM6

tomb

GLIST50M64H143
GLIST50LYBK6W1

Gears

GLIST51BMG0J1F
GLIST519RST1HT

Metalgear

GLIST49LCYL8VB

GLIST49L6GHKHW

Regarding gears and god or war, would it be okay if I use those codes? I've never used tsilion before, do you just add those as promo codes to future shop cart?

I'm in no rush nor need to play these games, so if you would rather I not use them, I will be okay with that :)

Mikey Jr.

Hmmm

Yeah, I just cancelled my Watch Dogs preorder for PS3. Fuck it, if I am going to play that game, it is going to be the best version possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I just cancelled my Watch Dogs preorder for PS3. Fuck it, if I am going to play that game, it is going to be the best version possible.
I'm hitting that cross-gen dilemma now. So many games I want are cross-gen, but I don't want to play the inferior versions. So do I buy them now, or wait?

Inclined to wait until next-gen consoles and games mature and drop a bit in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom