• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Amazon customer support this morning to enquire why my Metal Gear Rising LE Guide which I had pre-ordered had not yet shipped since it had a delivery date of today or tomorrow. Turns out that they are completely out of stock and the agent had no idea when / if they would get more or why my order wasn't fulfilled.

*thumbs up Amazon!*

Hmmm

Thinking of cancelling a bunch of my pre-orders to save money for the next gen, specifically Watch Dogs, don't really want to get a gimped version but I guess there is time

I'm feeling meh on Starcraft 2 and Tomb Raider right now

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Cancelling all preorders. Too bad most of them are $20 off, but they are games like GTAV which will see next-gen upgrade.

btkadams

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Cancelling all preorders. Too bad most of them are $20 off, but they are games like GTAV which will see next-gen upgrade.

guys, i really wouldn't recommend doing this until we know more. i don't see why gta would get a next-gen upgrade when they specifically said in an interview that they wanted to just put it on platforms with the biggest userbase. it took 6 years for san andreas to come to ps3 and it was a romdump.

Ah I see, in that case yes the slim + NHL is likely a better buy.

the super slim is a noticeable downgrade in overall quality, the only real advantage would be it's a good deal smaller and lighter. I've owned the phat and slim previously, so I can attest to this.

Regarding gears and god or war, would it be okay if I use those codes? I've never used tsilion before, do you just add those as promo codes to future shop cart?

I'm in no rush nor need to play these games, so if you would rather I not use them, I will be okay with that :)

lol no, i posted it for gaf users to use :0 go for it!

Boulayman

guys, i really wouldn't recommend doing this until we know more. i don't see why gta would get a next-gen upgrade when they specifically said in an interview that they wanted to just put it on platforms with the biggest userbase. it took 6 years for san andreas to come to ps3 and it was a romdump.

Hmm the situation is quite different imho.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
But what's the point in cancelling a pre-order right now for something that doesn't come out until September with no word on if it's actually coming out for PS4/Durango? There's no harm in waiting until closer to release just in case, especially if it's a $40 pre-order.

I don't see how. It also doesn't hurt to hang on to a current gen preorder until at least post E3 when you might hear more.

I'm not canceling my GTAV or TLoU preorders until I hear something concrete about next gen versions. I don't want to lose my discount until I'm confident.

With Watch Dogs, that game was a lock for next gen last E3.

NYR

Wow. Just got my Future Shop E3 pre-order copy of Metal Gear Rising.

They sent me the limited edition. Paid 44.99. Heh.

Got my Metal Gear Rising LE from FS. The box is huge lol

I also just realized that the steelbook in the LE is different from the one that FS was giving out. I actually bought a copy from FS earlier this week to make sure I got the steelbook, but now I'm guessing I have to give it back when I return the game?

zroid

Banned
I actually bought a copy from FS earlier this week to make sure I got the steelbook, but now I'm guessing I have to give it back when I return the game?

The rule of thumb is, if the bonus item is shown on the receipt, they will ask for it back. Otherwise, you can get away with keeping it.

NYR

Hmmm. My mgs rising LE lamp stopped working. The blue lights just flash now, the touch isn't working. Anyone?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I called Amazon customer support this morning to enquire why my Metal Gear Rising LE Guide which I had pre-ordered had not yet shipped since it had a delivery date of today or tomorrow. Turns out that they are completely out of stock and the agent had no idea when / if they would get more or why my order wasn't fulfilled.

*thumbs up Amazon!*

Amazon.ca ALWAYS fucks things up when it comes to preorders. I stopped preordering anything from them 4 years ago.

Boulayman

I don't see how. It also doesn't hurt to hang on to a current gen preorder until at least post E3 when you might hear more.

I'm not canceling my GTAV or TLoU preorders until I hear something concrete about next gen versions. I don't want to lose my discount until I'm confident.

With Watch Dogs, that game was a lock for next gen last E3.

There is no hd jump between the ps3 and ps4 vs what there was btw the ps2 and ps3. I am not saying that you should cancel your preorders. I just think that the comparison isn't the best.

Did some looking around and supposedly the Metal Gear Rising Limited edition may actually be rare. Seems to be sold out in most places I've checked. I might actually not open it for a bit and see what happens with the price.

Hmmm alright. I just cancelled Starcraft cause I lost interest in that series a while ago besides e-sporting. I'll keep the preorders until they officially announce it for next-gen.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm alright. I just cancelled Starcraft cause I lost interest in that series a while ago besides e-sporting. I'll keep the preorders until they officially announce it for next-gen.

It's really kind of depressing me how apathetic I am about Heart of the Swarm right now compared with my insanely uber-hype for Wings of Liberty a couple years ago. Like, the kind of excitement where I pre-ordered a Collector's Edition online months in advance, and still waited in line (downtown, while I live in the suburbs) for 6 hours to get one at midnight as well. I also built a PC at the time mostly for the purpose of playing StarCraft II, and bought at least two officially branded t-shirts.

Sigh... :(

btkadams

It's really kind of depressing me how apathetic I am about Heart of the Swarm right now compared with my insanely uber-hype for Wings of Liberty a couple years ago. Like, the kind of excitement where I pre-ordered a Collector's Edition online months in advance, and still waited in line (downtown, while I live in the suburbs) for 6 hours to get one at midnight as well. I also built a PC at the time mostly for the purpose of playing StarCraft II, and bought at least two officially branded t-shirts.

Sigh... :(

i feel the same way! i got a beta invite and haven't booted it once... is hots not an expansion? is it a full game? i don't understand why it would be taking them this long to make when the entire foundation of the game already exists in wings of liberty.

i'm becoming very bored with the legendary top-tier devs like blizzard and rockstar. they may still be top-tier (imo at least), but they are no longer alone. we get amazing games from other devs/publishers much faster. it's especially disappointing when these long-awaited games come out and you realize they aren't godly in comparison to the other games in your library that spent less time in development.

/rant

hey guys, how would you recommend i sell this sealed copy of nhl 13 for the most money? i don't want to commit return fraud btw. it came free with my ps3 from bb.

A couple questions:

1. Is anywhere giving pre-order bonuses for MH3U (3DS)?
2. Where can I get an SD card for a reasonable price (I need one for my 3DS)?

So the 3DS deal at FS and BB turned out to be a dud. I think still the best deal is XL W/ MK bundle at the walmart.

But then I don't want to pay 55 extra for something that was available for $150 just two months ago, which probably will be available for even less maybe at summer.

But then there's that deal with Luigi Mansion, which means almost $40 extra bonus; but is the Luigi Mansion worth owning? I want to wait the reviews come out, but think the Walmart may run out of these MK bundles by then.

IllumiNate

Was posted by someone nice a couple pages back but today is confirmed that Toys R Us has the 3DSXL for $169 and the OG 3DS for $139

zroid

Banned
But then there's that deal with Luigi Mansion, which means almost $40 extra bonus; but is the Luigi Mansion worth owning? I want to wait the reviews come out, but think the Walmart may run out of these MK bundles by then.

I think it will be. If you liked the concept of Luigi's Mansion but were disappointed by its lack of depth, length, or general ambition, Dark Moon seems to make the original look like a tech demo by comparison. Lots of content, variety, and even a pretty impressive local and online multiplayer mode. I'm excited!

btkadams

Was posted by someone nice a couple pages back but today is confirmed that Toys R Us has the 3DSXL for $169 and the OG 3DS for $139

does anyone have a skin for their 3ds xl? i want to get one soon so i can take advantage of the NOA deal, but the colours suck. maybe there is a cool skin that would cover up the boring colours with something better?

sorry, cotton, not really sure why i'm quoting you aside from your mention of 3ds xl lol.

does anyone have a skin for their 3ds xl? i want to get one soon so i can take advantage of the NOA deal, but the colours suck. maybe there is a cool skin that would cover up the boring colours with something better?

sorry, cotton, not really sure why i'm quoting you aside from your mention of 3ds xl lol.

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/gaming/Nintendo_3DS_XL/collection/Most_Popular

Been wanting to get one but I just can't get myself to pick one, I love too many of them.

zroid

Banned

Maybe a Ge--

oh.

Yeah, I have a Gelaskin for my OG 3DS, and I think it's pretty great.

uSOQHl.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ohgod, all this time I thought our internet was slow due to Shaw, but today my roommate told me that the router is actually 10 years old. WOMAN, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

We're buying a new one first thing tomorrow. Any recommendations? (we're supposed to get the 25Mbit plan, and we'll have like 5/6 devices connected wirelessly to it at thee same time, tops)

Ohgod, all this time I thought our internet was slow due to Shaw, but today my roommate told me that the router is actually 10 years old. WOMAN, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

We're buying a new one first thing tomorrow. Any recommendations? (we're supposed to get the 25Mbit plan, and we'll have like 5/6 devices connected wirelessly to it at thee same time, tops)
as long as it's a gigabit router for future-proofing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
as long as it's a gigabit router for future-proofing.

Oh yeah I'll make sure it's future proof bandwidth-wide, but I'm looking for some input into which brands/specific models are known for being HQ/long-living/reliable/good connectivity/ease of use/random other positive attribute.

The one we had is Linksys and given that it's lasted 10 years, that's not too bad. Just looking for input though, esp as the price range for routers is from 25 to 200+, so clearly there's good and bad.

snack

Anyone here have a mailbox near the US border and resides in Vancouver? I wanna get a pair of sneakers from a site but they do not ship to Canada. I was thinking us Vancouverites could work something out - like I would have the item shipped to your location and I can paypal additional fees for pickup and whatnot. :)

So I went looking for FE:Awakening today and nowhere had it, so I caved and went to get a code for it from EB Games. Apparently they were out of those too. o_o

I did manage to get an 8 GB SD Card from the closing Zellers for less than $30 though.

Anyone here have a mailbox near the US border and resides in Vancouver? I wanna get a pair of sneakers from a site but they do not ship to Canada. I was thinking us Vancouverites could work something out - like I would have the item shipped to your location and I can paypal additional fees for pickup and whatnot. :)

There are about 80 trillion places in Blaine that you ship it to them and for a small fee depending on the box size they hold it for you. My girlfriend goes to a cheapo place that some woman operates out of her tiny dog infested house, costs her maximum 20 bucks, usually around 10. Just bring the shoes back over it will.be under 150

Firestorm

Responded to you un the Vancouver thread as well but my friends use this: http://www.thelettercarrier.com/

Ondore

Yeah, that's not a good price. You can usually get 8GB for sub-$10 on sale anywhere (I got a Sony 8GB SD for $9 at Staples just before Christmas).

Anyone saw any deal anywhere for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3? Best Buy does not even offer 800RZ, Futureshop offers nothing either(well, 1 costume but meh). I know those games usually drop in price kind of quickly, but I really wanted it on release. However, I do not remember the last time I paid 59.99$ for a game... don't think I will for this one.

wingz

Anyone saw any deal anywhere for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3? Best Buy does not even offer 800RZ, Futureshop offers nothing either(well, 1 costume but meh). I know those games usually drop in price kind of quickly, but I really wanted it on release. However, I do not remember the last time I paid 59.99$ for a game... don't think I will for this one.

I am guessing the only way to get this game below MSRP would be if FS has it for T2 and you can find 2 qualifiers for around $45. You could also use your $10 off coupon if you got on this month for buying any new release in store. It's understandable there is no preorder sale going before hand, since it is considered a niche title. Didn't Storm 1/2 (not Generations) take a good 6 months before any price drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom