• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously freaking out right now. I just called like every game store within the surrounding cities and they only got enough MGR LEs to cover preorder demand. I swear I will never preorder another game with Future Shop if they screw me out of my this LE.

EGM92

I'm seriously freaking out right now. I just called like every game store within the surrounding cities and they only got enough MGR LEs to cover preorder demand. I swear I will never preorder another game with Future Shop if they screw me out of my this LE.

I called FS this morning as soon as their CS center opened, the guy on the phone checked the system. He said Out of Stock on a new release like that means they haven't even received it. The system checks the inventory, it shows 0 as nothing has been scanned into the warehouse and labels it out of stock. Their system shows the regular editions in stock but not the LEs. which means no LEs should have been shipped for online orders.

zroid

Banned

I feel partly to blame for your predicament :(

I'm sorry

LE is now saying in stock on my order page. Progress!

congrats!

Sajjaja

That MGR art book that came with the EB pre-order is pretty sweet. Makes me not want to return the game (also pre-ordered @$39.99 from Future Shop).

Shout out to EGM92 for hooking up a bro

I ordered from both places and I'm gonna return the EB Games copy tonight. Just wantedthe pre order bonuses.

Quadratic

How did Futreshop suddenly get all these extra LE's? Aren't they supposed to be "limited"? I was wondering why all the E3 preorders got bumped up to the LE version.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone want my $20 code for MGR? I was holding onto it just in case the LE thing went belly up, but obviously don't need it anymore. It still works, I checked.

Just DO NOT place an in-store pickup order with the code, this will get me into trouble. Have it shipped to you.

quote to reveal

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just received my MGR pre-order from Futureshop. It's the standard edition, for those curious. Isn't this supposed to have some pre-order skin DLC? There's nothing inside the game and no code attached to an e-mail. I knew I wasn't getting the steelbook but I still thought I was getting some cool skin.
The FS version is the only version of the game that doesn't get any pre-order DLC. I think BB gets the white armor while EB gets Grey Fox.

LE is now saying in stock on my order page. Progress!
Yup, mine is in stock and in progress now too. I can only hope to get it tomorrow.

snorggy

Like everyone else, my MGR pre-order was bumped up to LE and is now showing as in-stock and in progress...

still can't believe they will follow through with it though. I'm preparing myself for a last minute cock block.

No_Style

A question about exchanges. Will FutureShop allow me to switch from PS3 to 360 on a game? Or will they say it's not the same SKU# and I'm SOL?

ehhh Mine's been "In Progress" since I preordered it in June. That's new for you guys?

Same. But now it's back in-stock which is a step forward I guess.

EGM92

A question about exchanges. Will FutureShop allow me to switch from PS3 to 360 on a game? Or will they say it's not the same SKU# and I'm SOL?

Same. But now it's back in-stock which is a step forward I guess.

Exchanging shouldn't be a problem as long as it's A. In Stock B. Product is sealed.

Nothing on my CC just yet, Scotiabank sucks ass when updating transaction data.

Kalren

Exchanging shouldn't be a problem as long as it's A. In Stock B. Product is sealed.

RBC just added a new feature(new to my account anyways) that shows pending Credit Card transaction. My Capital One MasterCard has always had that feature.

zroid

Banned

BMO takes like 3 days, lol

I just check on my order status page, it tells you if and for how much $$$ your card was charged. Anyway, glad to hear things seem to be working out for you all.

zroid

Banned
I received the LE but its the 360 version, damn it.

Returning it would be a bad idea I'm guessing since I got it for 49.99.

Oh, Best Buy...

Any chance you and RS4- live somewhat nearby? :S

Or you could just send each other your games if you don't mind having the wrong cardboard boxes.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
In stock and in progress. Thankfully. Funny how FS can't do math. Let's do it:

$129.99 - $60 gift card + 13% tax = $79.09

Futureshop math:

$129.99 + 13% tax = $146.69 - $60 gift card = $86.69

What the fuck.

zroid

Banned
In stock and in progress. Thankfully. Funny how FS can't do math. Let's do it:

$129.99 - $60 gift card + 13% tax = $79.09

Futureshop math:

$129.99 + $60 gift card = $146.69 - $60 gift card = $86.69

What the fuck.

Nah, gift cards are treated like cash; they don't subtract from your subtotal. You don't pay taxes when purchasing gift cards either.

zroid

Banned
Here's an amusing anecdote for you all:

I just got off the phone with a Best Buy representitive who says that the Best Buy Canada warehouse is currently aaaaaaaaaaaall sold out of PS3 LEs, and that they can't exchange my worthless Xbox 360 LE for the PS3 one I payed full cash for. They offered to exchange just the game itself, but screw them. If they're literally going to rob me of something I payed for, I'm not giving them the time of day.

I am unbelievably upset right now. I can't even play my most anticipated game of the year on launch day because some bumbling fool screwed up an order that was clearly wrong in just about the most important way.

I'm going to take a rage-nap now, and I don't know when I'm going to wake up again.

The clusterfuck continues. (Posted in the OT)

Crap, my card bounced because they thought there was an unauthorized transaction since I bought a couple of steelbooks from some Taiwanese site. Great, just as they were charging me for the MGR LE at Futureshop... guess I won't be getting mine tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Trying to decide what to do with the big rectangular black and white folded thing. There has to be a good way to display and/or use this. Right now I'm using it as a lampshade (for no reason at all).

So are they actually sending out the LE? I had a $40 order from June and it says that the Limited Edition shipped this afternoon. If Future Shop honors this I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sora_N

So are they actually sending out the LE? I had a $40 order from June and it says that the Limited Edition shipped this afternoon. If Future Shop honors this I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, i preordered the regular one and the one I got in the mail was LE. I didn't even get a shipping notice.

Magnus

All this stress and worry and wondering over online orders....don't you guys find it exhausting and annoying?

Give me brick and mortar any day.

Also, yay for BB's liberal price matching. GoT S2 Bluray for $37!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom