• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeunt

I use these now and love them: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9396&seq=1&format=2

I used to get Creative EP-630/610 but can't find those anywhere now and they went from $12 to $30 =/ These Monoprice ones are great and cheap.

I hope you don't mind me asking since you have experience with Monoprice—if I order my Y-cable (well under $20) from Monoprice using Canada Post, I won't be charged anything aside from sales tax after I place my order, correct? This is what I'm gathering when I see the USPS information on Monoprice (and they say Canada Post is the equivalent) but I just don't want a nasty surprise when the cable arrives.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's like any order that crosses the border. It could get taxed, but most likely won't if it's a small package.

For reference, Amazon.com won't bother collecting duties for orders under 20 dollars.

Exeunt

That's good to know. I've found I can get two cables from Monoprice cheaper than one from any other retailer I've come across so hopefully the order will just go through without an extra fee to rain on my parade. Thanks!

Neat suggestions for headphones, but earbuds I find at least nowadays fall off, though to be fair the last ones I tried were ones from a DSi Starter Kit, most likely as poor/low budget as can be, and I DO remember 5 years ago having ones that stuck on well.

I've been using classic headphones, but I can give the JVC ones a hot, there's another here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=db1a783ce3160e94fb4d3cd9c0ad7144en02

Though Coby is a budget company so...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
how many hours of gaming would it take to get to that point?

I turned all setting to the easiest difficulty and turned on skipping animations, and just plowed through in like 15 minutes to get the map.

Cheerilee

Neat suggestions for headphones, but earbuds I find at least nowadays fall off, though to be fair the last ones I tried were ones from a DSi Starter Kit, most likely as poor/low budget as can be, and I DO remember 5 years ago having ones that stuck on well.

I've been using classic headphones, but I can give the JVC ones a hot, there's another here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=db1a783ce3160e94fb4d3cd9c0ad7144en02

NCIX has some Sony headphones for $7 in this week's sale, if you can do in-store pickup.
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76782&vpn=MDR110LP&manufacture=Sony Accessories&promoid=1324

Last time I was looking for $10 headphones, I got these on headphone-GAF's recommendation, and they're amazing.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00007E7C8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Totally worth four or five times what I wanted to pay, plus a trip down to USA to pick them up.

Firestorm

I hope you don't mind me asking since you have experience with Monoprice—if I order my Y-cable (well under $20) from Monoprice using Canada Post, I won't be charged anything aside from sales tax after I place my order, correct? This is what I'm gathering when I see the USPS information on Monoprice (and they say Canada Post is the equivalent) but I just don't want a nasty surprise when the cable arrives.
Yeah, no extra duties if you pick the USPS option and keep the price to around $20ish

Spike

Just got an email from Future Shop telling me that the copy of Castlevania Mirror of Fate has shipped. I ordered this way back in June with their $20 E3 preorder bonus and totally forgot about it.

L Thammy

Just found that Kirby Mass Attack is new for 3.88 on Amazon.com and 5.73 on Amazon.ca. If you can get free shipping it seems like a good deal.

zroid

Banned
Just found that Kirby Mass Attack is new for 3.88 on Amazon.com and 5.73 on Amazon.ca. If you can get free shipping it seems like a good deal.

daaaaamn. Well I got it for $10 when they did that 5 for 50 thing, so not too bummed. :p

edit: Wait a sec, Amazon.ca doesn't even seem to have its own listing for the game now -- only those of third party vendors. That $5.73 listing is from a third party with $7.99 shipping.

Lexxism

Damn. I thought I will get a bargain star fox 64 3d for only 18.99 at amazon.com. Looks like it's only for US though :( Maybe, I might as well look at .ca if there's any cheaper.

edit: Saw this one at .ca

XE3tKlG.png

GST/HST is not yet included. I'm living in Toronto, so I'll get an extra $3.4 tax? Or 24.48 is the final price? Badly need a response for those who know :)

RS4-

When did FS start charging tax on trade ins? Did the t2 for simcity and I got hit for the tax from $60 lol. I thought it was just straight trade

When did FS start charging tax on trade ins? Did the t2 for simcity and I got hit for the tax from $60 lol. I thought it was just straight trade

It's Trade 2 for a $60 gift card, not for the game. On a gift card you still have to pay tax. That's why they are only doing gift card deals now.

xclaw

Best bang for your buck with an "Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3,525 customer reviews)" @ Amazon
http://www.londondrugs.com/Panasoni...on&prefv1=PANASONIC&srule=Price - Low to High

If you have a spare 30$ get the "big brother" to the above:
http://www.londondrugs.com/Panasoni...ones&prefn1=brandDescription&prefv1=PANASONIC

frequency

EBGames.ca has been so good for me lately.

I just got Atelier Ayesha in the mail. To get a niche game on the day of release? That is crazy. But EBGames has consistently been faster than everyone else for everything. Shipping sometimes takes 2 days and sometimes takes 1 day (like this time).

For a while, Amazon was my main game source but they've gotten pretty bad lately. So I buy all my games from EBGames.ca now (except for the ones FutureShop tsilon/E3 games).

... not that it really matters I guess. I never play games at release.

krae_man

Yeah if it's under $20 you won't be charged any fees or taxes. Under $20 is excempt from such taxes and fees. Anything more then that, and you will be charged sales tax and a $5 handling fee(Unless you get lucky and the package slips through customs).

Exeunt

Yeah if it's under $20 you won't be charged any fees or taxes. Under $20 is excempt from such taxes and fees. Anything more then that, and you will be charged sales tax and a $5 handling fee(Unless you get lucky and the package slips through customs).

I'm staying under $20 for sure so it seems like I won't be hit with any additional fees. Thanks for all the posts, guys; I hadn't ordered anything directly from an American retailer before so I wasn't sure just how to navigate this stuff!

I just got Atelier Ayesha in the mail. To get a niche game on the day of release? That is crazy. But EBGames has consistently been faster than everyone else for everything. Shipping sometimes takes 2 days and sometimes takes 1 day (like this time).

For a while, Amazon was my main game source but they've gotten pretty bad lately. So I buy all my games from EBGames.ca now (except for the ones FutureShop tsilon/E3 games).

Ebgames has been good to me everytime I ordered from it! Really a lot more consistent than Bestbuy or Amazon....

That said, I'm envious: I preordered mine from Best Buy. Who knows when that'd arrive ._.

Takuya

Banned

I haven't even received a call from EBGames to tell me my copy is in store. :\

Quick

Banned
I had this funny experience at EB yesterday.

Traded in a bunch of games and got myself a $20 PSN card, and the employee gets a call. Person on the other end was asking for the games coming out today. He began to tell him, then I don't know what happened, but the employee suddenly hung up and said, "fucking Battletoads" and looked at me like I would know what that meant. I just nodded and left.

Gamejunky

Hoping I receive my order for Tomb Raider from futureshop today, last update:

2013/03/04 23:06 MISSISSAUGA Order information received by Canada Post

so i'm just sitting here refreshing the site every few minutes lol

Ondore

I had this funny experience at EB yesterday.

Traded in a bunch of games and got myself a $20 PSN card, and the employee gets a call. Person on the other end was asking for the games coming out today. He began to tell him, then I don't know what happened, but the employee suddenly hung up and said, "fucking Battletoads" and looked at me like I would know what that meant. I just nodded and left.

Christ, 4chan's STILL doing that? I saw that in 2007!

(It's a meme that basically goes Call up EB, ask for Battletoads, lulz. I believe the proper cure is to say "No, but we have Doom 3.")

krae_man

Hoping I receive my order for Tomb Raider from futureshop today, last update:

2013/03/04 23:06 MISSISSAUGA Order information received by Canada Post

so i'm just sitting here refreshing the site every few minutes lol

Same with me. It seems later then normal. So in all likelyhood, the game will arrive tomorrow :(

frequency

My order is supposed to come today

2013/03/05 08:29 [Removed Town] Item out for delivery
2013/03/04 16:28 [Removed Town] Item processed at postal facility
2013/03/01 22:04 MISSISSAUGA Order information received by Canada Post

But I'm going to return it. I ordered 2 years ago before we really knew anything about the game. Everything I know now is disgusting and I want nothing to do with it.

Takuya

Banned
My order is supposed to come today

But I'm going to return it. I ordered 2 years ago before we really knew anything about the game. Everything I know now is disgusting and I want nothing to do with it.

A ha, you're learning to remove all your personal details now :D lol

wingz

For the all the game releases this year, FS either shipped to me a day early or a day after after (happening right now with Tomb Raider), never on release day.

stn

Looking for the best deals on:

360:
Dragon's Dogma
King of Fighters 13
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3

Thanks GAF! :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware

360:
Dragon's Dogma
King of Fighters 13
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3

KoF is/was 10 bucks on XBLA.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming in a couple of months, so just wait for that and get it for 40.

wingz

360:
Dragon's Dogma - Wait for Arisen ($39.99) - Includes the original DD
King of Fighters 13 - Currently $10 on XBL Demand (Sales ends today)

Wait a month, it will probably go on sale for $39.99
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3

Edit: BEATINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

360:
Dragon's Dogma
King of Fighters 13
Dead Space 3
Crysis 3

If you don't want the expansion, I saw Dragon's Dogma for $20 on Playasia. I think you have to add something else to your order to get free shipping though (free shipping is for 425+ IIRC).

What happens when you pre-order games on ebgames.ca? Do you usually wait a day to get them? Or day of?

I find with futureshop for instance, I get games the day of release, rather than a day later. I live in Toronto if it matters.

zroid

Banned
What happens when you pre-order games on ebgames.ca? Do you usually wait a day to get them? Or day of?

I find with futureshop for instance, I get games the day of release, rather than a day later. I live in Toronto if it matters.

I don't pre-order games from EB often, but in my admittedly limited experience with them, they are at least are reliable for day 1 delivery as FS/BB. (Also GTA here)

I don't pre-order games from EB often, but in my admittedly limited experience with them, they are at least are reliable for day 1 delivery as FS/BB. (Also GTA here)
that's good to hear, I have some credit I've been hesitant to use because TBH I just don't like going there so I've been sitting on it. Guess I'll use it for a future pre-order.

FS shipped me Castlevania yesterday, and I got it today.

thinking of returning or selling it though

If you open it can you tell me if you have a club nintendo code... mine did not and it might cost me platinum status this year... There should be one but I am always lucky so...

You'd probably get them day off for sure in Toronto.

I'm two hours from Toronto towards Lake Huron and today is the first time I got a release on the actual date, usually Wed-Fri after release.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I love ordering things off of Amazon Canada. I ordered 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors last night for $20. It's already been shipped and I'll get it tomorrow lol.

Also managed to find Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward last night at EBGames (last copy). Can't wait to get into both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom