• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

Happened to me once, some reason they delivered it to the post office for me to pick up instead of inserting it into the mail slot.

This morning my Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Tomb Raider were "Out for delivery", at noon something it changed to "Item transferred to Post Office; being prepared for pickup". I am confused, what does it mean?

iLLmAtlc

This morning my Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Tomb Raider were "Out for delivery", at noon something it changed to "Item transferred to Post Office; being prepared for pickup". I am confused, what does it mean?

Might be the thing I described earlier, where it says "No safe drop" and they didn't put it into the mail slot.

Might be the thing I described earlier, where it says "No safe drop" and they didn't put it into the mail slot.

Wow the last 30 packages from FS and Best Buy had been marked as "No safe drop" but they left them in my mail box anyway. I have no paper thingy to go get my package at the post office...

Oh I just see now the "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up." but I was there at that time, nobody ever came here and there is no card anywhere, what do I do?

btkadams

Use the C/O tag. It means "care of". Basically just fill it out like...

btkadams' Name
C/O Boyfriend's Name
1234 Main Street
North Pole
H0H 0H0

If an online form gives you two rows for the street address (they usually do), put the C/O part in the first row, and put the street address in the second row.

If you do this, then it's officially a package for you, but it's officially being sent to your boyfriend's place, and either one of you should be allowed to pick it up.

wow thank you for this. i will definitely do this from now on.

iLLmAtlc

Wow the last 30 packages from FS and Best Buy had been marked as "No safe drop" but they left them in my mail box anyway. I have no paper thingy to go get my package at the post office...

Oh I just see now the "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up." but I was there at that time, nobody ever came here and there is no card anywhere, what do I do?

Yeah same. This only happened to me recently, so maybe it's a new policy or something? Perhaps others could chime in? I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

You don't need the card I think. Just bring your photo ID to the post office and ask them for it, it's what I did. I got it before they even left me the door knob card.

iphys

LOL: "Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay"

My Castlevania that was supposed to be delivered by tomorrow is now scheduled to arrive on Monday instead. It doesn't show me what city my package went to, so I guess this is what they do now when they accidentally send your package to the wrong side of the country and are too ashamed to show you how far off they were.

I think Canada Post received a memo or something because they're now knocking at my door instead of just putting it into my mail box.

Luckily my post office is less than five minutes from me.

Lexxism

How long do BB usualy deliver if you pre-order from them? I'm planning to buy online but I'm quite hesitant if it will take a long time before they deliver.

ElNino

How long do BB usualy deliver if you pre-order from them? I'm planning to buy online but I'm quite hesitant if it will take a long time before they deliver.
For me they usually ship either on release day or the day before, and I get the shipment the next day.

btkadams

i almost always get it the week of release (the couple times i haven't, they've given me a coupon code). it's probably the day after release most of the time. sometimes it has been on the day of release, but certainly not the majority. i don't live near a distribution centre though.

I think Canada Post received a memo or something because they're now knocking at my door instead of just putting it into my mail box.

Luckily my post office is less than five minutes from me.

They never buzz up to my apartment. Ever. I would complain, but the post office they take it to is adjacent to my building.

Lexxism

For me they usually ship either on release day or the day before, and I get the shipment the next day.

i almost always get it the week of release (the couple times i haven't, they've given me a coupon code). it's probably the day after release most of the time. sometimes it has been on the day of release, but certainly not the majority. i don't live near a distribution centre though.

Thank you. I might use this as my other option.

Anyone have any experience preordering consoles at Future Shop (in store)? Especially the Wii U.

I'm planning ahead to the PS4 launch and have a lot of FS cards from gifts and trade deals I plan to use. Apparently you can only use three gift cards on the website which leaves me with using them in store.

Was there any difficulty getting your console? Do they make a fuss about using multiple gift cards?

Why not just go to a store and get them all consolidated onto one card?

I've seen mixed reports on whether or not you're able to do this. Might ask in store about it today. The website says you can but a lot of the CSR's in store say you can't. Sounds like a pain in the ass waiting to happen.

I generally prefer ordering in store to avoid any potential shipping debacles. Especially if they decide to release it on a Sunday or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've seen mixed reports on whether or not you're able to do this. Might ask in store about it today. The website says you can but a lot of the CSR's in store say you can't. Sounds like a pain in the ass waiting to happen.

I generally prefer ordering in store to avoid any potential shipping debacles. Especially if they decide to release it on a Sunday or something.

I've done it before at BB anyway. They just add up the totals on the old cards and just put that on a new card.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
There's a new promo for those of you who are thinking of getting a 3DS/3DS XL. Buy a 3DS or a 3DS XL and get NSMB2 for free - only at The Source, unfortunately. Still a good deal, NSMB2 was still a lot of fun - definitely worth it for free. Source
pun intended

zroid

Banned
Lol ok that is kind of shitty but I think that's what I'll end up doing

There's also a fun bonus benefit to doing this:

When you return your purchase and get the gift card, because it's not a full cash refund, it goes into the system as an "exchange"; as a result, you keep the RZ points earned on that purchase instead of having them deducted from your account.

wingz

So FS and BB have removed the $20 credit offer towards LoU on their GOW:A product page. Does that mean they are not going to offer it to any pre-orders, or was that offer a time specific thing?

So FS and BB have removed the $20 credit offer towards LoU on their GOW:A product page. Does that mean they are not going to offer it to any pre-orders, or was that offer a time specific thing?

I would hope they honour it for people who preordered while it was up.

zroid

Banned
EB is doing a +30% TIV when you trade towards Pandora's Tower. I think I'm going to do it with this $20 copy of Castlevania I got. So long as the base TIV is $20 or more, I think I'll be okay with that.

Gritesh

Anyone have any experience preordering consoles at Future Shop (in store)? Especially the Wii U.

I'm planning ahead to the PS4 launch....

Was there any difficulty getting your console? Do they make a fuss about using multiple gift cards?

I've only pre ordered my wiiu from futureshop online before. I will never do it again.

Not that I didn't get it or anything but it didn't ship until launch day and I got it like 4 days later. In the grand scheme of things 4 days is nothing, but on a console launch and the hype leading up to it, it feels like forever.
I will only ever pre order in store with in store pickup from this point forward.

krae_man

I've only pre ordered my wiiu from futureshop online before. I will never do it again.

Not that I didn't get it or anything but it didn't ship until launch day and I got it like 4 days later. In the grand scheme of things 4 days is nothing, but on a console launch and the hype leading up to it, it feels like forever.
I will only ever pre order in store with in store pickup from this point forward.

I got mine the day after(Stupid Sunday Nintendo launches). It was worth it for the $50 off Tsilon code.

TheExodu5

Banned
Can you pre-order consoles in store at Futureshop? I did the Wii U at EB out of convenience. I hate the fact that there's no in-store pickup option at Futureshop.ca. I would rather buy at Futureshop/BestBuy because I can return it if there's a problem.

Can you pre-order consoles in store at Futureshop? I did the Wii U at EB out of convenience. I hate the fact that there's no in-store pickup option at Futureshop.ca. I would rather buy at Futureshop/BestBuy because I can return it if there's a problem.

You can do in store pickup at Future Shop.

I remember seeing preorder tags up for Wii U around the preorder period so I assume you could do it in store.

EB is doing a +30% TIV when you trade towards Pandora's Tower. I think I'm going to do it with this $20 copy of Castlevania I got. So long as the base TIV is $20 or more, I think I'll be okay with that.

Be happy if it's even worth $14 (under the $15 cutoff for their T2 games).

Magnus

Question: Where would be a good spot to see a breakdown of all Playstation Plus has to offer for Canadians? I assume the list isn't quite the same as the one in the States?

Also, cross-posting for Toronto gaffers that don't look in the Toronto thread:

Game Shack in the Atrium downtown has new copies of The Last Story (standard edition) for $35. Yay!

Question: Where would be a good spot to see a breakdown of all Playstation Plus has to offer for Canadians? I assume the list isn't quite the same as the one in the States?

Also, cross-posting for Toronto gaffers that don't look in the Toronto thread:

Game Shack in the Atrium downtown has new copies of The Last Story (standard edition) for $35. Yay!

As far as I know, PS+ is identical to the US in terms of content

Canon

Banned
I think I was the victim of false advertising @ Future Shop.

I took in LBP Vita and Rayman Origins Vita for the trade-in 2 get $60 gift card promotion. When I arrived, they told me that only applies to Tomb Raider and Sim City and they don't give out gift cards. I made them look at the online page which doesn't mention any of that.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

They told me that it's only good for a free game, not a gift card: "Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game." And that on the flyer, it will say that only Tomb Raider and Sim City are eligible games. I looked at the flyer and it made no mention of this. I told the employee it was misleading advertising and he tried his best to get me the fuck out.

So I went home, went online and checked the flyer. Unless it's hidden really well, there is no mention of it ONLY being valid for Tomb Raider and Sim City.

When a fucking banner says "trade 2 games, get a gift card" I expect it to mean a gift card and not 1 of 2 games. Should I call them up about this?

Astra

I think I was the victim of false advertising @ Future Shop.

I took in LBP Vita and Rayman Origins Vita for the trade-in 2 get $60 gift card promotion. When I arrived, they told me that only applies to Tomb Raider and Sim City and they don't give out gift cards. I made them look at the online page which doesn't mention any of that.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

They told me that it's only good for a free game, not a gift card: "Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game." And that on the flyer, it will say that only Tomb Raider and Sim City are eligible games. I looked at the flyer and it made no mention of this. I told the employee it was misleading advertising and he tried his best to get me the fuck out.

So I went home, went online and checked the flyer. Unless it's hidden really well, there is no mention of it ONLY being valid for Tomb Raider and Sim City.

When a fucking banner says "trade 2 games, get a gift card" I expect it to mean a gift card and not 1 of 2 games. Should I call them up about this?

I traded two games in a couple months back for a $60 gift card. The ad did say a $60 gift card, but in the fine print it also said the credit was to be applied toward a new game. However, I simply got a $60 gift card, and used it toward buying a new wireless router, so I don't know.

Maybe try a different employee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom