• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kinda goes back a page but SDM having Mario Tennis for $20: Was that at the same time OOT was $20 because I have been trying to hunt it down and I finally found one but it rang up at $39.99.
Anyone know if it was just temporary or if some stores just have different clearance stuff?

They were marked down at the same time. My SDM now has OOT in their $20 bin, but Mario Tennis is still sitting at $40.

btkadams

anybody know where i can get a new ps2 slim?

edit: searched the thread and this is a common question! looks like i'll have to check out superstore and toysrus before giving up and buying used. i'm not spending over $120 on it new.

Bruiserk

Just got my copy of God of War from Futureshop. At the site it says I get a code for 1 month of PSplus. When do those usually go out? I'm assuming it is by email.

Kazerei

Banned
This kinda goes back a page but SDM having Mario Tennis for $20: Was that at the same time OOT was $20 because I have been trying to hunt it down and I finally found one but it rang up at $39.99.
Anyone know if it was just temporary or if some stores just have different clearance stuff?

Weird, I actually just bought Mario Tennis yesterday at SDM in Ontario. It was labelled $39.99 but rang up at $19.99.

zroid

Banned
Just got my copy of God of War from Futureshop. At the site it says I get a code for 1 month of PSplus. When do those usually go out? I'm assuming it is by email.

Still waiting for my code as well...

In other news:

I was at a Future Shop yesterday, and noticed a single Skyward Sword steelbook on the shelves. Couldn't believe those were still out in the wild.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Gears of War Judgment Anya DLC: Y6T6F-XRGWH-72V3J-Y42G4-2Q33Z

Gears of War Judgment Young Dom DLC:WPM9C-PP9Q7-GF3X9-TK9F2-Q4Q4Z

Gears of War Judgment Hammerburst DLC: 67MJC-RMT44-Y74M4-2F6DD-X67Q

Fable the Journey Bolt DLC: FXVC6-4WGT2-YQXW9-WR7HK-2KFRZ

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Still waiting for my code as well...

In other news:

I was at a Future Shop yesterday, and noticed a single Skyward Sword steelbook on the shelves. Couldn't believe those were still out in the wild.

Futureshop in downtown Toronto has hundreds of steelbook cases they can't seem to unload. Pretty sure Skyward Sword ones are there too.

Zeeman

Just went by the ToysRUs at Yonge-Eglinton and they were selling Monster Hunter 3U for Wii U. I grabbed the last copy (I almost feel bad, I've never even played a Monster Hunter game before), but it seems like TRU might be breaking street date on this, so you might want to call your local one.

I also grabbed their last copy of Fire Emblem. It was a very productive trip :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just went by the ToysRUs at Yonge-Eglinton and they were selling Monster Hunter 3G for Wii U. I grabbed the last copy (I almost feel bad, I've never even played a Monster Hunter game before), but it seems like TRU might be breaking street date on this, so you might want to call your local one.

I also grabbed their last copy of Fire Emblem. It was a very productive trip :)

Tempted to go out and start shopping around for it, but I planned to buy it digitally for 3DS and Wii U, so I should probably stick to my guns.

Returners

Apparently EBGames God of War CE have some of their bonus CE voucher not be included with the game.

Had to go through Sony and request a code from them. Still waiting.

Futureshop in downtown Toronto has hundreds of steelbook cases they can't seem to unload. Pretty sure Skyward Sword ones are there too.

Yepper, DOZENS!

Games like Dishonored, Epic Mickey 2, NSMBU, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, etc.

BTW I'd love to meet you in person some time, when was the last Toronto GAF meetup? :)

RS4-

Yeah I almost picked up the Skyward Sword steelbook... but then I don't even look at the other ones I have. Its nice when it comes with my order, but I don't think I'd actually buy it separately unless it was really nice.

mrgone

Too early to ask for a Starcraft 2: HotS deal anywhere?

I'm hoping they start appearing soon, too! I preordered the game in 2011 during the E3 sale - they'd listed it at $60 with a $20 discount, but wouldn't honour the discount when they eventually dropped HOTS down to $40. I'm still itching to get it, but not at full price :)

Any Bioshock deals? I would get it for steam but 30 gigs is too much.

Holy shit, it's 30 gigs? Doubling down on that Canadian internet depression, alright.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yepper, DOZENS!

Games like Dishonored, Epic Mickey 2, NSMBU, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, etc.

BTW I'd love to meet you in person some time, when was the last Toronto GAF meetup? :)
Next one is in April to mark kave_man's destruction. Just join us in the TO thread in community and you'll see it. Now all you need is to be a generic Asian and you'll fit right in. Damn Asians.....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yepper, DOZENS!

We just had one a few weeks ago. Kraft wants to make them a bit more often than the six month cycle we've been on, so hopefully another one in April, or so. Come post in Toronto-Age more often. We're not as cranky as we look.
Maybe we are.

edit: Damn it, Kuro.

LMN

Guys I have some questions, I just recently move to Canada and I have a US psn account. Does the Canada psn card compatible with US psn account? If not, are there any stores that sell US psn card?

frequency

So I got God of War Ascension in the mail to day (likely I'm going to return it since I was never interested and was for gifting purposes).

A while back, it said pre-orders got a $20 off The Last of Us and I think some other promo with some money off games in a certain month or something.

Was that supposed to have been emailed to me? Like a code or something? I would feel bad about returning this and getting these promos. So if I'm to be emailed the code at a later date, I'll not return the game and hold onto it until Christmas or something.

How does Future Shop usually handle these promos?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So I got God of War Ascension in the mail to day (likely I'm going to return it since I was never interested and was for gifting purposes).

A while back, it said pre-orders got a $20 off The Last of Us and I think some other promo with some money off games in a certain month or something.

Was that supposed to have been emailed to me? Like a code or something? I would feel bad about returning this and getting these promos. So if I'm to be emailed the code at a later date, I'll not return the game and hold onto it until Christmas or something.

How does Future Shop usually handle these promos?
The $5 off a $20+ game promo code was emailed already (got mine February 21st). I'm assuming we'll have the $20 off TLoU emailed to us also. I got home late and wasn't able to get to the Post Office to pick up my game before they closed. :(

So I pre-ordered LEGO City from Future Shop using my Tsilon codes from E3 last year for $20 off. Thing is the game was originally listed at $60 (so 40+tax for me) as a placeholder but is releasing at $50. But my order/code doesn't account for the change in price so I only get $10. Lame.

And I still don't get the LEGO figure with my order because Future Shop only has it in-store. Might just cancel the order and get it in-store.

frequency

The $5 off a $20+ game promo code was emailed already (got mine February 21st). I'm assuming we'll have the $20 off TLoU emailed to us also. I got home late and wasn't able to get to the Post Office to pick up my game before they closed. :(

Weird. I never got $5 off email. Well, if the The Last of Us one doesn't come, I'll be free to return it I guess. If it does, then I'll just forget about the $5. That's not worth trying to talk to them about.

But thanks for replying!

zroid

Banned
So I pre-ordered LEGO City from Future Shop using my Tsilon codes from E3 last year for $20 off. Thing is the game was originally listed at $60 (so 40+tax for me) as a placeholder but is releasing at $50. But my order/code doesn't account for the change in price so I only get $10. Lame.

And I still don't get the LEGO figure with my order because Future Shop only has it in-store. Might just cancel the order and get it in-store.

Apparently you are entitled to the full $20 off, so if you contact FS about it, they should be able to adjust the price to $30. There were several such cases (for example, with Sly 4 and Starcraft II HOTS).

Apparently you are entitled to the full $20 off, so if you contact FS about it, they should be able to adjust the price to $30. There were several such cases (for example, with Sly 4 and Starcraft II HOTS).
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Would rather pay 30 and miss out on the figure.

What the, FS told me they couldn't change the price of SC 2 =/

frequency

Future Shop refused to change the price for ICO/SoTC collection and Sly Cooper for me.

But my English isn't the best and I'm not comfortable pushing too hard. So maybe a more capable and/or more aggressive person could get them to change it.

lupinko

Guys I have some questions, I just recently move to Canada and I have a US psn account. Does the Canada psn card compatible with US psn account? If not, are there any stores that sell US psn card?

No, the Canadian Psn cards don't work with the US store and vice versa. But you can buy digital US Psn cards iirc from Bestbuy.com (US).

That or if you still have a US cc or would drive across the border.

Guesong

So, I have a question about streaming boxes like Apple TV and Roku...

Are they worth it in the current canadian market? Assuming I'm not interested in Netflix or any subscription-based channel, do any of them get a nice selection of free channels without having to jump through hoops with unblock-us?

There's a Canadian Roku 2 version, but with the Roku 3 just now released in the US, I'd feel dumb to buy one if the next version is out there. Would I be gimped if I imported it, or would any canadian channel available work?

I'm trying to find a solution to replace our horribles choices (thanks Bell/Rogers/Videotron!) for TV, but I find it all quite confusing so far.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If you want a really cheap Wii Motion + controller to play Nintendo Land multiplayer, take a look at this!

Wii Play Motion for $10 at FS

However, while the description reads "Bundle includes a Wii MotionPlus controller", the package shows "Motion Plus not included". I'll pick it up tonight, I should be able to tell you if it's indeed included (has this game ever been sold WITHOUT the controller?).

EDIT:

False alert! There's also a listing for the game+controller, and it's way more expensive.

Bruiserk

So this is interesting. I emailed future shop about my free month of Psplus from God of war. They emailed me back and gave me a promo code for $20 off last of us. But they didn't address my question, so that is kind of frustrating.

aechris

If you want a really cheap Wii Motion + controller to play Nintendo Land multiplayer, take a look at this!.

I'd never even heard of this game before. Reviews look really bad but for $10 even if I get an hour or two of fun out of it I'm happy (I have 4 M+ already). Thanks for the link!

Lurkee

Neo Member

Amazon.com is your best bet. My main PSN id is American, and since the stupid PS Vita only lets you use one ID, I couldn't get PS Plus on my Canadian game share account. Amazon.com is great as the code is instantly given to me after my payment goes through. If you're going to spend a lot of USD though, you might consider getting a Chase Canada VISA (Amazon.ca Visa is good), as they have no foreign exchange conversion fees (usually 2.5% with most cards).

If you want a really cheap Wii Motion + controller to play Nintendo Land multiplayer, take a look at this!

False alert! There's also a listing for the game+controller, and it's way more expensive.

Damn you! I got excited for a second because I still don't have a Wii Motion Plus controller and have had a copy of Skyward Sword for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom