• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... I am 100% sure that I cancelled my 39.99$ God of War on Thursday. I just been charged on my credit card for it. Just went to check and there is no sign of the order being cancelled. It made me realize that I did not receive the usual cancellation e-mail. Still, I know for certain that I reached the cancelled order confirmed page.

Ever happened to anyone? I was really on the fence about it so I guess that I will just keep it... but oh well... it is weird!

Canon

Banned
There was only one employee there that did trade-ins apparently. I'm just going to call them and complain, but I doubt they'll compensate me because FS is terrible.

I think I was the victim of false advertising @ Future Shop.

I took in LBP Vita and Rayman Origins Vita for the trade-in 2 get $60 gift card promotion. When I arrived, they told me that only applies to Tomb Raider and Sim City and they don't give out gift cards. I made them look at the online page which doesn't mention any of that.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

They told me that it's only good for a free game, not a gift card: "Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game." And that on the flyer, it will say that only Tomb Raider and Sim City are eligible games. I looked at the flyer and it made no mention of this. I told the employee it was misleading advertising and he tried his best to get me the fuck out.

So I went home, went online and checked the flyer. Unless it's hidden really well, there is no mention of it ONLY being valid for Tomb Raider and Sim City.

When a fucking banner says "trade 2 games, get a gift card" I expect it to mean a gift card and not 1 of 2 games. Should I call them up about this?

If you check on the trade-in page online, it says that it is for a free game. They are just supposed to take the gift card and apply it immediately to a new game. The employe I got last week was aware of that but he just gave me the card anyway because he was pissed at how unclear and weird the Futureshop instructions they get are. I guess it's YMMV but they are not suppose to give you a card to keep.

Here it is:

1Wfv9je.jpg

Astra

Yeah, I was probably lucky to get someone who didn't know that, or simply didn't care.

I am planning on doing this tomorrow, and trade AC3 and Dragon's Dogma for Ni No Kuni. Unless I end up just getting the gift card to keep again, then I'll hang on to it for Dark Arisen.

Canon

Banned
People, you're missing my complaint. He said it only applied to Tomb Raider and Sim City. I would have been fine with getting a new game of my choosing.

RS4-

People, you're missing my complaint. He said it only applied to Tomb Raider and Sim City. I would have been fine with getting a new game of my choosing.

Uhh, I think it only applies to whatever the flavor of the week happens to be. In this case it was either TR or Simcity

firehawk12

Subete no aware

This is their way of continuing to do the new game deal that they've done for the last year but close the tax loophole.

But that's still false advertising because it makes no mention of any of this...

I get your complaint and the guy I got at Futureshop understood it too, which is why he went ahead and let me have the card even if he knew that he was going against the store policy for those trade-ins.

zroid

Banned
Looks like Pandora's Tower is finally up for pre-order at Best Buy. Not yet at Future Shop, it seems. Unfortunately no $5 off, so I'm not sure what I'll do. :(

frequency

i preordered the vita from amazon.ca and got it a week before release. that was pretty cool.

I remember that. I think it was 2 weeks (at least for me). I also remember that I posted screenshots of the panel selections and was never credited for it while every other thing that was added to the original post in the OT at that time was credited. Ahaha.

And then my R button I think (maybe it was L button) was broken so I returned it to Amazon for an exchange a week after I got it (a week before it was officially released). But Amazon.ca refused to send me a replacement until the official release date. And then when the official release date came... they were sold out and couldn't send me the replacement.

I'm looking to get a Wii U soon. Are there any current/upcoming deals?

wingz

At FS/BB, you can get a free copy of Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed with the Deluxe version. Other than than, there is isn't much deals going on at the moment. I would think there may be a price drop close to E3 considering the fact the console is not selling up to expectations. There could be be a chance for another Wii U perk on tsilon, since they haven't done a hardware perk for some time now.

That free game thing has been up there forever. Nine times out of ten they will just give you the $60 gift card and you can do whatever you with it.

I just got the $60 gift card and walked out the store. Didn't use it toward a game.

Actually I was given a store credit card with $60, not a gift card. Weird.

I just got the $60 gift card and walked out the store. Didn't use it toward a game.

Actually I was given a store credit card with $60, not a gift card. Weird.

The three previous times I had been given a gift card. When I went in this week I got store credit on a card. I think they may have changed their policy on that.

frequency

At FS/BB, you can get a free copy of Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed with the Deluxe version. Other than than, there is isn't much deals going on at the moment. I would think there may be a price drop close to E3 considering the fact the console is not selling up to expectations. There could be be a chance for another Wii U perk on tsilon, since they haven't done a hardware perk for some time now.

Thank you for the reply.

I don't see this promotion on their website?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I remember that. I think it was 2 weeks (at least for me). I also remember that I posted screenshots of the panel selections and was never credited for it while every other thing that was added to the original post in the OT at that time was credited. Ahaha.

And then my R button I think (maybe it was L button) was broken so I returned it to Amazon for an exchange a week after I got it (a week before it was officially released). But Amazon.ca refused to send me a replacement until the official release date. And then when the official release date came... they were sold out and couldn't send me the replacement.

Some people on my Twitter feed are claiming: Costco Canada is selling Premium Wii U for 309.xx and Basic pack for 249.xx.

zroid

Banned
GRRRR I went to EB and was told they didn't even have the Meloetta distribution cards yet. RAGE

btw, Castlevania MoF is indeed $14 at EB. Horse poop. I don't know what to do now, guess I'll just return it. $20 is an okay price, but there's too much else to play right now and I know I won't play this. The game will probably bomba anyhow.

wingz

GRRRR I went to EB and was told they didn't even have the Meloetta distribution cards yet. RAGE

btw, Castlevania MoF is indeed $14 at EB. Horse poop. I don't know what to do now, guess I'll just return it. $20 is an okay price, but there's too much else to play right now and I know I won't play this. The game will probably bomba anyhow.

Apparently all Vita/3DS ($39.99) games can have a max value of $14, unless there is a current promotion going on (i.e. Like with $25 tiv promotion for FE:A). They probably do it on purpose, since they don't want people to use it as qualifiers for their 2 for 60 promotion (need $15 tiv).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thanks everyone!

Awesome! So this is updated all the time with current offerings?
Every Tuesday when the store updates. You can also check the PS Blog each week for the store update post. Here's the latest one from this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/05/playstation-store-update-281/

It'll say what's new that week and what's being taken down the next week.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was a preview post of what's coming in March but they didn't list the exact week each of the new games are coming.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ch-update-spec-ops-the-line-free-for-members/

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Wanted to pick up two PSPs from Zellers but they had no more black core packs so I got a Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker PSP bundle for $95. Pretty happy with that.

Lexxism

I saw that amazon.ca is offering Luigi's Mansion for 38.83 and is eligible for free with super saving shipping. But I think the game being offered by BB is much more a better deal because of the 800 reward pts($10) even after tax. Any thoughts?

zroid

Banned
I saw that amazon.ca is offering Luigi's Mansion for 38.83 and is eligible for free with super saving shipping. But I think the game being offered by BB is much more a better deal because of the 800 reward pts($10) even after tax. Any thoughts?

You can have it both ways :p

Pre-order it at Best Buy, and then price match with Amazon when you pick the game up, or after it ships (or Wal-Mart, where it's also $38.83). It's easier to price match with in-store orders, but online works too.

Lexxism

You can have it both ways :p

Pre-order it at Best Buy, and then price match with Amazon when you pick the game up, or after it ships (or Wal-Mart, where it's also $38.83). It's easier to price match with in-store orders, but online works too.

Yeah, you're right but how will I price match it if the game is back on 39.99 at the launch date? What do I need to do to prove it to them? Do I need to screenshot the price now or say it to them when I go pre-order the game?

zroid

Banned
Yeah, you're right but how will I price match it if the game is back on 39.99 at the launch date? What do I need to do to prove it to them? Do I need to screenshot the price now or say it to them when I go pre-order the game?

There's no helping it if they put it back to 39.99. However, typically Wal-Mart at least is known to advertise prices of new games about a dollar cheaper than SRP. I bet it won't change there, but I can't speak for Amazon.

I was in Walmart the other day looking for deals and saw Sin & Punishment 2 priced at $69.99. Then I saw Metroid Other M for $79.99.

What is the deal with those two titles prices? Are they not being made anymore? I got S & P for 29.99 at future schlock.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There no Shoppers in Quebec? x_x

nvd. called Pharmaprix here. gonna see thx!

edit.

Just bought the game, thx again!

Glad to help.

I was in Walmart the other day looking for deals and saw Sin & Punishment 2 priced at $69.99. Then I saw Metroid Other M for $79.99.

What is the deal with those two titles prices? Are they not being made anymore? I got S & P for 29.99 at future schlock.

They have both been available for cheap (ie; $10) in the past. It's probably just WalMart not updating their listed prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom