• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. I would prefer this. I'm not really interested in Sonic Racing. It just seemed like the best deal (aside from ZombiU, which I can't take... the cover alone unsettles me).

Thank you very much for posting it!

Is shipping with Dell reasonable?

Their shipping is free and I've never had a product they have in stock take longer than a few days to arrive.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is shipping with Dell reasonable?
I have absolutely no idea. Isn't it free?

Also, I'd HIGHLY suggest that you try ZombiU at some point. I'm really not into shooters, I'm sick of zombie games, and that's my favorite Wii-U game so far!

frequency

I have absolutely no idea. Isn't it free?

Also, I'd HIGHLY suggest that you try ZombiU at some point. I'm really not into shooters, I'm sick of zombie games, and that's my favorite Wii-U game so far!

Ah, I considered the ZombiU bundle as it seemed the best value. But I really don't think I can play it. It is not about being a shooter or anything. The problem is that I find it really scary. The picture of the zombie man with the hat on the bundle box is enough to disturb me greatly.

But thank you for informing me of the Dell deal!

$335.99 from Dell.
$391.99 from Best Buy.

You saved me $56. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now I need to figure out how to cancel the Reservation at Best Buy. It says they'll hold onto it for 48 hours but I feel bad about just leaving it there.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now I need to figure out how to cancel the Reservation at Best Buy. It says they'll hold onto it for 48 hours but I feel bad about just leaving it there.
Don't worry about it, BB has so many sitting on the shelves that having one behind the counter for the weekend won't deny them a sale.

zroid

Banned
Heh, I've actually requested a Best Buy store to cancel my reservation before, and they just shrugged me off and said let the time elapse. It's easier that way.

Don't worry about it, BB has so many sitting on the shelves that having one behind the counter for the weekend won't deny them a sale.

I've made so many reservations at FS/BB (that I never picked up) that I wonder if they've started blacklisting me. The last couple reservations I made for Fire Emblem were denied. :lol

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I considered the ZombiU bundle as it seemed the best value. But I really don't think I can play it. It is not about being a shooter or anything. The problem is that I find it really scary. The picture of the zombie man with the hat on the bundle box is enough to disturb me greatly.

But thank you for informing me of the Dell deal!

$335.99 from Dell.
$391.99 from Best Buy.

You saved me $56. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Glad I could help! :)

Yeah, if the boxart alone frighten you, you probably shouldn't play the game...! I'm usually not really disturbed by horror movies/games, but the "permadeath" and "very limited supplies" aspects of the game made it incredibly tense. That's the reason why I love it so much, but I wouldn't want to give you a heart attack! :p

Sora_N

Heh, I've actually requested a Best Buy store to cancel my reservation before, and they just shrugged me off and said let the time elapse. It's easier that way.

It takes too long to get someone to pick up the phone, but I just hate it when they call me to tell me to pick something up. I usually just say "Oh thank you but I already got one" because sometimes the line up at the pick-up area is too long so I just grab one off the shelf.

It takes too long to get someone to pick up the phone, but I just hate it when they call me to tell me to pick something up. I usually just say "Oh thank you but I already got one" because sometimes the line up at the pick-up area is too long so I just grab one off the shelf.

I'm not sure why they don't have a cancel option on their website. I end up doing this all the time.

Lexxism

So is the Pikachu 3DS XL already sold out on pre-ordering from EB Games? Or was it just not available the whole time until the product actually releases?

If the pre-ordering is sold out, anyone know where else to get it?

It was available yesterday around 3 or 4pm I think. After 1 hr, it was already unavailable.

Lothars

I'm shocked that I am having so many troubles finding a copy of Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blu-ray.

I have checked most of my local stores but it's pretty crazy.

Astra

Has anyone here signed up with Eastlink wireless? Their prices are really nice compared to Telus, and am thinking about switching. I have no idea what their service is like though, can't find any reviews.

Best Buy price matches online retailers too as long as it is in stock on a canadian website, you could just price match the dell website.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Loving the unlimited add on for Bell internet. Went through 180GB last billing cycle and 50 in three days on this one.

chrono01

So is the Pikachu 3DS XL already sold out on pre-ordering from EB Games? Or was it just not available the whole time until the product actually releases?

If the pre-ordering is sold out, anyone know where else to get it?
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like Amazon.ca is sold out as well.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BUSLSAC/

I'm guessing that Canada got an insanely low amount of the allocated stock which is why it's already sold out as so many Canadian retailers. Meanwhile, it's still available at Gamestop.com, but unfortunately, they only ship within the US. -_-

This whole release is giving me a headache. Announce it mere days before release, and then severely undership/allocate to Canada [just a guess, on my part].

I really wanted one, too. :(

My new Acer laptop has a big line of dead pixels vertically at the left side of the screen, with an odd but pretty cluster of other dead pixels that on a black background look like stars, I am not kidding. :p

I should be covered, but just because this is my first malfunctioning laptop, I just need to call Acer and then have to send them the laptop and they'll send it back? Any place I can go directly rather than calling and then having to ship it?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The weekly flyers deals should really be posted each week once again. From CAG:

RCSS

Lego City Undercover $49.97
GOW Judgment $59.97

Walmart

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $59.83
Lego City Undercover $48.83
GOW Judgment $59.83

TRU

Skylanders Giant starter $49.97 excludes Wii U version
Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off on all Lego Videogames excludes Wii U versions

Lego City Undercover $49.99
Just Dance 4 $29.95
COD BLOPS 2 $39.97
GOW Judgment $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
Wii Skylanders Bundle $149.99

Best Buy

GOW Judgment $59.99
Lego City Undercover $59.99
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate $59.99
Dead or Alive 5 $39.99 VITA
Need for Speed Most Wanted U $59.99
Walking Dead Survival Instinct $59.99
Bioshock Rapture Edition $29.99
Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
Sim City $59.99
Ni No Kuni $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99
COD BLOPS 2 $39.99 all versions
Super Mario Bros U $59.99
PS3 Pulse Wireless Head Set $129.99
Wii U Pro Controller $49.99

XBOX 250GB $299.99 free game included
PS3 250GB Uncharted 3 GOTY $269.99
Wii U 32GB $349.99

Future Shop

GOW Judgment $59.99 T3
XBOX 250GB $299.99

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate $59.99 (3DS $39.99)
Dead or Alive $39.99

Skylanders Giants Starter $54.99
PS3 250GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $269.99
COD BLOPS 2 $39.99
Civilization 5 GOLD edition $29.99

Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99

SDM

Wii Mini $89.99

Note: Selection of free games for 250GB XBOX are Hitman, Halo 4, MG Rising, GOW Judgment.

My new Acer laptop has a big line of dead pixels vertically at the left side of the screen, with an odd but pretty cluster of other dead pixels that on a black background look like stars, I am not kidding. :p

I should be covered, but just because this is my first malfunctioning laptop, I just need to call Acer and then have to send them the laptop and they'll send it back? Any place I can go directly rather than calling and then having to ship it?

You should call in first to get an RMA number before trying to find a place to drop it off. Last time I dealt with Acer they were really adamant about the RMA number before doing anything else.

jred2k

Loving the unlimited add on for Bell internet. Went through 180GB last billing cycle and 50 in three days on this one.

What is the speed like in Sudbury? I'm guessing thats as far north as they'll bring anything worth while. My town only has Sympatico available and they consider being able to get a 6Mpbs connection "really good". I've had to call them about trying to get it bumped to 8Mbps but they don't think it can remain stable at that speed.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
What's RMA?

Return Merchandise Authorization.

When you have to return something to the manufacturer they'll have you print out a RMA for warranty or return purposes related to your specific issue/case.

What is the speed like in Sudbury? I'm guessing thats as far north as they'll bring anything worth while. My town only has Sympatico available and they consider being able to get a 6Mpbs connection "really good". I've had to call them about trying to get it bumped to 8Mbps but they don't think it can remain stable at that speed.

I'm actually stuck at 6Mbps (6.5 max) due to Fibe not being in my area yet but for the price I can't complain. Hopefully Fibe will be available soon but I've never had any lag while playing online or streaming Netflix "super" 1080p.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm shocked that I am having so many troubles finding a copy of Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blu-ray.

I have checked most of my local stores but it's pretty crazy.

I had two ordered from Amazon, so if you want a copy at cost plus the cost of a stamp let me know by PM.

Mikey Jr.

Best Buy

GOW Judgment $59.99
Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
Sim City $59.99
Ni No Kuni $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99

Wii U 32GB $349.99

Future Shop

GOW Judgment $59.99 T3
XBOX 250GB $299.99

Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99

So many deals!!

Excuse me while I go and barf in this corner here.

Really, 90% of that was just full price games.

SickBoy

So many deals!!

Excuse me while I go and barf in this corner here.

Really, 90% of that was just full price games.

To add to the list. Superstore has a flyer coupon that gives a $50 GC with the purchase of a Wii U Deluxe. Nothing too spectacular... but I guess it's a deal (that's been elsewhere)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
B2G1 at Target in the States depresses me. I might have actually picked up something besides Monster Hunter this week if we had that deal.

Luigi87

B2G1 at Target in the States depresses me. I might have actually picked up something besides Monster Hunter this week if we had that deal.

I hear that...
More so since I work at a Target here that will be opening next week, lol. Would have been great savings for me.

Luigi87

How are the video games deals at Target?

I went to check out the Milton location, but wow, that place was barren. :S

Any insider scoops on grand opening deals? :D

No grand opening yet, just continued soft openings like in Miltion and Guelf. Dunno when the grand will be. I don't really expect any deals until then anyhow (No I don't know the date, and if I did, really sure I wouldn't be allowed to say, lol)

Sin & Punishment Star Successor $10 at TRU! :D

Also, I went to Sherway Gardens to see Lego City Undercover and it was fun, I used the grapple hook to shoot cars, and broke one enough that I just jumped on it and the AI rode around the city with me on it. XD

I got a special plastic card with my pic on it as a LCPD (Lego City Police Department) card. XD

And, I. Saw. ARBY'S!!! :O :O :O

Made my entire evening! :D

And at TRU I saw a couple of bins with shit tons of clearance TCG booster packs, I even managed to find a Pokemon Gym Challenge Japanese booster pack, got Blaine's Arcanine! :O It had a teeny notch on the left side as did a few other cards behind it.

There were a FUCK TON of DBZ cards, as well as Power Rangers (mostly Dino Thunder).

All were merely 50 cents each! :O

And I found and got 3 Nintendogs packs, as well as one Digimon pack, this one wasn't like the original card game, it was a different one, got a foil Andromon.

iLLmAtlc

RCSS

Lego City Undercover $49.97
GOW Judgment $59.97

Walmart

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $59.83
Lego City Undercover $48.83
GOW Judgment $59.83

TRU

Skylanders Giant starter $49.97 excludes Wii U version
Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off on all Lego Videogames excludes Wii U versions

Lego City Undercover $49.99
Just Dance 4 $29.95
COD BLOPS 2 $39.97
GOW Judgment $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
Wii Skylanders Bundle $149.99

Best Buy

GOW Judgment $59.99
Dead or Alive 5 $39.99 VITA
Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
Sim City $59.99
Ni No Kuni $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99
COD BLOPS 2 $39.99 all versions

Wii U 32GB $349.99

Future Shop

GOW Judgment $59.99 T3
XBOX 250GB $299.99

Dead or Alive $39.99

Skylanders Giants Starter $54.99
PS3 250GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $269.99
COD BLOPS 2 $39.99
Civilization 5 GOLD edition $29.99

Tomb Raider $59.99
Crysis 3 $59.99
GOW Ascension $59.99
MLB 13 The Show $59.99

SDM

Wii Mini $89.99

Note: Selection of free games for 250GB XBOX are Hitman, Halo 4, MG Rising, GOW Judgment.

Thanks I do enjoy the flyers postings

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody in Canada managed to get Lego City Undercover? Futureshop's website indicates that it's only gonna be released on the 20th, and only a 3rd party seller is selling it (with a markup...) on Amazon.ca.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Cactus

Banned
Not necessarily gaming related, but can anyone recommend me a good ultrabook? I'd be using it primarily for MS Word and iTunes, so power is much less important than weight, size, and battery life. Touch screen would be preferable. Budget is ~$800.

I heard ASUS is good, but other than FS/BB, I'm not sure where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom