• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Anth0ny

yeah I think I'd rather save up for a 3DS XL and PS4 at this point...

I'll grab a Vita when it's $99. With a memory card. and a single game I'd really like to play.

B-Dex

I have a Vita with a dead battery. How much should I sell it for? (Needs a new battery to work) Otherwise it's pristine.

Interesting... there's a Lego City thing at Sherway Gardens this weekend. Too far for me, unfortunately.

I might be able to go, can you take the TTC all the way from downtown Toronto to Etobicoke without paying extra? I'm using a pass so it'd be great if I didn't have to pay anything extra.

Noahd42

Banned
Any gaming deals on PS+? I know there's the 10 bucks off on purchases of 50 or more, but I missed the free additional three months. My PS3 was out of commission and I didn't want to commit but now that I've got it back I'm looking to get some better value and some free games might be worth it! Any way I can score a free month or two?

I might be able to go, can you take the TTC all the way from downtown Toronto to Etobicoke without paying extra? I'm using a pass so it'd be great if I didn't have to pay anything extra.

Yes . I used to live by Sherway.
Take the bloor line down to royal york. There is a buys that goes from royal York station to sherway. I think its the Evans bus. Its all part of the TTC.

Hilti92

They've closed the auction, but apparently they've closed the auction a few times so they might re-open it again.

Yeah, they have done the deal about 3 or 4 times now off the top of my head. They usually put out like 100 of them and they go relatively quick. If anyone is interested, I would just keep poking your head in the Hot Deals section of RFD. They post there right when it happens. I guess one guy on there tried to buy 50 of them to sell on ebay or whatever but any order over 2 gets canceled

LMN

No, the Canadian Psn cards don't work with the US store and vice versa. But you can buy digital US Psn cards iirc from Bestbuy.com (US).

That or if you still have a US cc or would drive across the border.

Thank for the info =), I wanted to change into Canadian Psn account, but all of my game save will be gone =( guess I will try the bestbuy then =P

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

You can take the subway to Kipling, or Royal York and bus down. Or you can take the 80 bus from Keele station which will drop you right at Sherway Gardens too, but it's a bit longer of a ride. If you're along Queen St, you can take the streetcar into Etobicoke and bus up at Kipling. It won't cost you anything more. The only route on the TTC that cost more is the airport route I believe.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Weird. I never got $5 off email. Well, if the The Last of Us one doesn't come, I'll be free to return it I guess. If it does, then I'll just forget about the $5. That's not worth trying to talk to them about.

But thanks for replying!
Just a heads up, I got an email with my 30-day PS+ code today. I'm expecting my TLoU code closer to the release date.

frequency

Just a heads up, I got an email with my 30-day PS+ code today. I'm expecting my TLoU code closer to the release date.

Thank you.
I checked my email and I got the 30 day PS+ code today too. But I actually got the The Last of Us code yesterday. I never got the $5 code.

I guess now that I have these 2 codes, I wouldn't feel right returning it. Oh well. It's not a lot of money at least. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who would accept and actually play it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thank you.
I checked my email and I got the 30 day PS+ code today too. But I actually got the The Last of Us code yesterday. I never got the $5 code.

I guess now that I have these 2 codes, I wouldn't feel right returning it. Oh well. It's not a lot of money at least. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who would accept and actually play it.
Thanks, didn't notice yesterday's email until right now.

Tik-Tok

Anyone seen mMonster Hunter for sale for the wii u yet? I know it's not out til Tuesday but I was hoping some places might be breaking street dat.e

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone seen mMonster Hunter for sale for the wii u yet? I know it's not out til Tuesday but I was hoping some places might be breaking street dat.e

Toys R Us in Toronto (Yonge and Eg) had copies of the Wii U version, but apparently sold out. Call around.

frequency

Is BestBuy.ca "Reserve in Store" the in-store pickup option?

I want to buy the Wii U + Sonic bundle now (so I don't have to explain the bundle in store) and pick it up when I can get a ride tonight.

B-Dex

Is BestBuy.ca "Reserve in Store" the in-store pickup option?

I want to buy the Wii U + Sonic bundle now (so I don't have to explain the bundle in store) and pick it up when I can get a ride tonight.

Yes. They will email you once they've put it aside.

Gila

So is the Pikachu 3DS XL already sold out on pre-ordering from EB Games? Or was it just not available the whole time until the product actually releases?

If the pre-ordering is sold out, anyone know where else to get it?

frequency

Sounds like they're excited to finally have someone buying one. :p

Ahaha.

I actually wouldn't be buying one right now but... someone wants to play something with me and I feel bad saying "no."

I always feel like a price drop or better bundle announcement is "right around the corner."

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't mind waiting for shipping you could take a look at this! I think it's for today only though. If you're not interested in Sonic Racing, it could be worth it.

frequency

If you don't mind waiting for shipping you could take a look at this! I think it's for today only though. If you're not interested in Sonic Racing, it could be worth it.

Oh wow. I would prefer this. I'm not really interested in Sonic Racing. It just seemed like the best deal (aside from ZombiU, which I can't take... the cover alone unsettles me).

Thank you very much for posting it!

Is shipping with Dell reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom