• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though they're the same company, for whatever reason FS is still commission based while they claim that BB is not commission based.

Yeah, the reasoning behind that is really weird internally. All about branding, but when you actually hear why it makes you scratch your head.

BB does have commission on some warranties and just market that there's no commission on sales. Lets them convince you they won't pressure you into a sale just for commission.

DaBoss

Yeah, the reasoning behind that is really weird internally. All about branding, but when you actually hear why it makes you scratch your head.

BB does have commission on some warranties and just market that there's no commission on sales. Lets them convince you they won't pressure you into a sale just for commission.

That explains why they push for extra warranty.

Fuck. The reboot mainframe collection is half off today only. Price is around 33. I really can't justify so spending that money as I'm saving for a trip but if any one wants to buy it for me go right on ahead

there was zero commission on everything, no matter what I sold I got nothing, although it was a job requirement to at least offer a few services and our sales numbers were used in performance reviews.

there was zero commission on everything, no matter what I sold I got nothing, although it was a job requirement to at least offer a few services and our sales numbers were used in performance reviews.

Did you sell .. everything? They do offer commission on high ticket warranties. That's the only reason I kept the job for more than a month.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. The reboot mainframe collection is half off today only. Price is around 33. I really can't justify so spending that money as I'm saving for a trip but if any one wants to buy it for me go right on ahead

Bought! Now I'll just have to remember where I stash it (and that I bought it in the first place) when my brother's birthday rolls around.

Jachaos

Hmm, I usually get my copies around Noon but Gears of War Judgment's status on the website is still that Mississauga's received information last night (last update). I guess the snowstorm (Greater Montreal) must be affecting the shipping.

WalMart and TRU at Dufferin Mall both had copies of LEGO City out. No MonHan to be seen.

Also an odd thing of note; Looks like TRU is clearing out their Pokemon toys. At the Dufferin Mall location, it's basically been reduced to small end cap with clearance sign over it.

AHA!!! I streetpassed you yesterday as I was there! :D

Anth0ny

called two staples locations for paper mario 3ds

one said "is that game even out yet?"

the other "we have mario land and super mario bros"

no dice :(

Lexxism

^ How about trying BB/FS? I'm pretty sure they have stocks.

edit: Oh shit. The 800 reward points for Luigi's Mansion is not available anymore :(

nordique

thanks for the origin store link guys

I wasn't planning on any new Wii U games, but I went ahead with NFS (and ME Trilogy :))

Rubius

So dear canadians. I seem to have more and more problems with Amazon.ca. Selection seem lower and lower, since the Nintendo embargo its pretty hard to find some stuff and new games are really sparce.
Its even worst for PC games. So, do you have any online store you go to for physical pc games or video games in general?

zroid

Banned
Lols. Has sticker star been a qualifier at BB/FS lately? Might try to grab one if so.

^^ how much is the ME trilogy (ps3)?
Edit: 29.99. Grumble. Still too high since I'd be getting it exclusively for ME1.

Did you sell .. everything? They do offer commission on high ticket warranties. That's the only reason I kept the job for more than a month.

Yeah moved around the departments they had except cameras and phones and 2 stores, only things I never sold a high warranty on at least once was camera or phone. Sold what I think is the highest price warranty at $500 something on a tv.

But whatever, who knows, maybe it was a store/regional specific thing at mine or you store or they phased it out from after you quit and before I worked there, all I know is that at the stores I worked at there was no commission.

Oh shit. The 800 reward points for Luigi's Mansion is not available anymore :(

In cases like that, do they honor the 800 reward zone points for people who pre-ordered it while it was still up? I have a feeling that I will not get the 800 points credited to me and I would not buy it if it's the case...

Lexxism

In cases like that, do they honor the 800 reward zone points for people who pre-ordered it while it was still up? I have a feeling that I will not get the 800 points credited to me and I would not buy it if it's the case...

Yeah, they do. It's even in your receipt if you're eligible or not. Not quite sure with online since I haven't experience using it to order online.

Made a huge mistake with Monster Hunter Ultimate Wii U. Game is just not for me. I may sell it to someone in Toronto for $45. It's been used a total of two hours.

Made a huge mistake with Monster Hunter Ultimate Wii U. Game is just not for me. I may sell it to someone in Toronto for $45. It's been used a total of two hours.

Stick with it, it starts slow, but at least wait until the Great Jaggi or when you first come across Lagiacrus (you don't fight him, just run), it gets exciting then!

BTW that's how it goes in Tri on Wii, not sure what changed in Ultimate.

Lexxism

Sorry I'm in class, hard to respond. I saw at CAG that it was ALL staples, so it should be all. You should try to find one before RFD gets the news though.

Looks like I need to go tomorrow and see it for myself. Do FS/BB accept camera shot for price match?

L Thammy

Just to make sure: have you gotten past the tutorial section? The game really starts at Great Jaggi.

Canon

Banned
Would FutureShop price match the Origin sale? That's 10% of the difference plus $10 gaming credit in April.

Also:
"Your data may be used by other EA affiliates, ..."

Not sure if getting my name into EA's hands is worth the price.

Exeunt

Anyone know if Future Shop/Best Buy got these cables in store usually ? There's no info so not sure what to make of that. I want to get one for my external hard drive to use with my Wii U but they won't ship to Québec.

Hey Jachaos. I wouldn't count on finding those cables in-store since you can't search for them on the website; I also tried to look in-store for convenience and my local Futureshop didn't have any. Like you, I was in the market for a Y-cable to use with my Wii U and I ordered some from Monoprice on March 5th. They just arrived today and—as many users noted in the thread at the time—I didn't have to pay any extra duties or anything since my order was under $20 with the cheapest Canada Post shipping option. I was able to get two cables for just over $5 (most of which was shipping), which is basically as good as you'll get as far as I can tell.

Having said that, I did have to wait a while for the cables with the cheapest shipping option; you really want to say, download LEGO City Undercover right now, you might want to look into other options. I'm also not sure how the shipping would work out since you're in Quebec, so you'd have to check on the Monoprice website. I haven't had the cables long enough to give a quality assessment, but Monoprice is my recommendation for price at least.

Sajjaja

They're not supposed to. But if you're lucky, they might. People have gotten FS to price match Amazon.com before, so...

I think he is referring to the physical copies that are onsale as well that offer free shipping to Canada and not the digital deals. Unless that's what you're referring to....

Canon

Banned
I called them and the guy I got sounded like he was going to do it, then the phone cut off. So I called back and the other guy said "it's an American website, we cannot compete with 400 million customers compared to 35 million" and refused to do it.

I explained it's free shipping to Canada, so I'll get it there instead.

zroid

Banned
I think he is referring to the physical copies that are onsale as well that offer free shipping to Canada and not the digital deals. Unless that's what you're referring to....

Yeah, their price match policy explicitly states it has to be a Canadian retailer. Some of the reps are ignorant, though, so it's possible to get lucky.

I called them and the guy I got sounded like he was going to do it, then the phone cut off. So I called back and the other guy said "it's an American website, we cannot compete with 400 million customers compared to 35 million" and refused to do it.

I explained it's free shipping to Canada, so I'll get it there instead.

Alas!

Yeah, they do. It's even in your receipt if you're eligible or not. Not quite sure with online since I haven't experience using it to order online.

Yea pre-ordered it online, this is why I am scared... I am sure that I can bitch my way through getting the points if I don't with the customer service, but I am soooo tired to deal with FutureShop and BestBuy customer service... haha

zroid

Banned
Speaking of 800RZ bonuses, my (not really all that) elaborate scheme to stack the $5 pre-order discount and 800RZ pre-order bonus for Pokemon X/Y has borne fruit! 8D

I think that would depend if you have proof of it or it shows on your online receipt. I had this happen to me when I preordered Hakuoki: Warriors of Shinsengumi (though for a much smaller reward zone points). When I emailed them, they gave me a standard paragraph about how Best Buy has the right to change policies without notifying their customers. I didn't have proof of it, though, so I think the safest call would be to start capping these reward zone perks when we buy it...

zroid

Banned
heh, a month later I finally got credited the 800 points for pre-ordering MGR, after gnashing my teeth against Best Buy customer service for a while. The LE wasn't supposed to qualify, but I didn't technically pre-order the LE so I wasn't going to let that slip me by. $48-10 for the LE? I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom