• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any wired 360 controller deals around? I apparently fried my old one (static shock and now it won't work).

Alternatively, does anyone know anything about those wireless 360 controller PC dongle thingys? I've heard some negative things about them but it would definitely save me some space (and cash) if they work.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Alternatively, does anyone know anything about those wireless 360 controller PC dongle thingys? I've heard some negative things about them but it would definitely save me some space (and cash) if they work.

I got one from DealExtreme.com for arround $5, if I remember correctly. Had to google a bit to find the correct drivers, but other than that, it worked perfectly. Way better than buying another controller.

Quote to reveal pre-order code for bioshock infinite from tsilon... I won't be needing it.

I tried using it but this is what I get.

The following error(s) occurred:

The Promotional Code GLIST54Y9FMDDF is not eligible for your order. We have removed it. The discount was not applied. (0166)

I was trying to order the regular 360 version.

lupinko

2. My God. How does Netflix Canada exist? It is a JOKE. It is worth maybe $3 a month. Not $8 when compared to US Netflix.

Not really, they both can be bad or good, like Netflix Canada has stuff that the US one doesn't have like UFC or Justified for example.

Mikey Jr.

Not really, they both can be bad or good, like Netflix Canada has stuff that the US one doesn't have like UFC or Justified for example.

Ok, maybe there are some diamonds in the rough for the Canadian side, but I have subscribed to both. Just in terms of sheer quantity, there is no contest.

Firestorm

Ok, maybe there are some diamonds in the rough for the Canadian side, but I have subscribed to both. Just in terms of sheer quantity, there is no contest.
What? You don't need to subscribe to both. Just subscribe in your home country. Depending on where you are, the content changes. If you use MediaHint, it makes Netflix think you're in the US so you'll be able to use US Netflix using your CA account.

Keslord

Banned
So, I was thinking:

Trade BO2 + Sticker Star for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Buy NFS MWU at $30
And pick up one more game. Can't decide to buy a PS3 game, Wii U game, or 3DS game.

LakeEarth

What? You don't need to subscribe to both. Just subscribe in your home country. Depending on where you are, the content changes. If you use MediaHint, it makes Netflix think you're in the US so you'll be able to use US Netflix using your CA account.

Oh really, that's interesting. Is it more complex to get it going through your PS3?

BTW, The Raid : Redemption is on Netflix Canada, so there's that.

Luigi87

Oh no, I had that problem for the longest time trying to change my payment info many times for a few of those 2011 pre-orders, and then one day it was magically fixed after many months, and I was able to change them. Probably your only hope at this point is to call them up and see if they can manually switch your payment info for you.

Did that... though now it seems like instead of shipping today/arriving Monday, my copy of LM2 won't ship until Monday.

;_; the wait for this is getting to me...

zroid

Banned
Mine shipped, but I really don't know if I'll be able to wait till Monday. Might have to buy it on Sunday and pull the ol' switcheroo. :(

Seeing folks in the OT say they expect to get their copies tomorrow is just sad. Jealous of USPS. :'/

Firestorm

Oh really, that's interesting. Is it more complex to get it going through your PS3?

BTW, The Raid : Redemption is on Netflix Canada, so there's that.
For your PS3 or 360, you'll need to use a service like unblock.us. I've never tried it though. I think a few other people in this thread use it and can help.

Luigi87

Mine shipped, but I really don't know if I'll be able to wait till Monday. Might have to buy it on Sunday and pull the ol' switcheroo. :(

Seeing folks in the OT say they expect to get their copies tomorrow is just sad. Jealous of USPS. :'/

I might do the switcheroo myself...
Haven't done it in a while <_<

DJ_Lae

Ugh, my Luigi's Mansion 2 pre-order I've had at Bestbuy.ca since 2011 won't go through, because it's on my old credit card I don't have. I keep trying to change it and keep getting an error has occurred >_<

I have the same issue on Future Shop.

Gonna have to call, because there's no way I'm missing out on $20 Luigi's Mansion.

And then I'll buy it on release day anyway and return the shipped copy to the store.

I bought Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals for DS for $10 at Staples, lots of locations in Toronto have it.

Going to try it tonight, read reviews while in the store online and it seems better than the original (not played), but I LOVED Origins on Wii.

Also some good prices like Pokemon Black & White for $20, Kirby's Epic Yarn is $13. Rabbids Party Collection for Wii at $20 (jumping on this as soon as I get my Wii back).

Actually, ANYONE ever try the collection? Youtube has NO FOOTAGE at all of it, it supports 480p in EU which means the original Rabbids has to support it in the collection (the original release omitted it by accident, same for 16:9). Need impressions.

Firestorm

lol I remember Spectrobes. Best Buy gave it as a free bonus if you bought Pokemon Diamond or Pearl and it qualified for EB's Trade 3 for free:p

Bear

I'm looking to buy 2 copies of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for 3DS, is there anywhere offering that below full price?

I don't expect the game itself to be on sale yet, but anything along the lines of B2G1 deals would be great.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
To get US Netflix through your PS3 you just have to do into your network setting on the PS3 and change the DSN settings. Very easy.

Check on Youtube for instructions. Video I used was by someone named "Everything4tech"

and the DNS numbers that are working for me now are

Was using it yesterday. You may have to update the Netflix app. I did once I switched the settings.

Anyone know of any deals or codes for Bioshock xbox360? Was hoping to get it at Bestbuy but I didn't know I couldn't use my reward points to purchase the game online. Figured I would check here before I head to a store tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Seems Pandora's Tower is getting really limited allotment at FS and BB -- they have 40 and 30 copies available to pre-order respectively. I'd better put mine in while I still can...

Ondore

Jeez. And every time I preorder a XSEED game, I get fired from my job. (Literally, happened with Solatorobo and Last Story). Any word on EB's allotment?

zroid

Banned
Well it might just be an early estimate, but at least for now those are as many copies they're making available online. I don't think EB specifies their availability beyond yes or no, unfortunately.

Luigi87

Wow, my copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 actually did ship and get picked up by CP, so should be here on Monday.
... Yet I am still tempted to switcharoo... Walk to EB on Sunday, get it. Return BB copy there on Tuesday, since it's on my way home from work <_<

iphys

Lol, I pre-ordered Luigi's Mansion from FS and BB, and I got the shipping notices 1 minute apart, so I guess they'll probably show up at exactly the same time.

Anth0ny

Ugh, my Luigi's Mansion 2 pre-order I've had at Bestbuy.ca since 2011 won't go through, because it's on my old credit card I don't have. I keep trying to change it and keep getting an error has occurred >_<

ugh, having the same problem. real fucking annoying.

Mikey Jr.

To get US Netflix through your PS3 you just have to do into your network setting on the PS3 and change the DSN settings. Very easy.

Check on Youtube for instructions. Video I used was by someone named "Everything4tech"

and the DNS numbers that are working for me now are

Was using it yesterday. You may have to update the Netflix app. I did once I switched the settings.

Anyone know of any deals or codes for Bioshock xbox360? Was hoping to get it at Bestbuy but I didn't know I couldn't use my reward points to purchase the game online. Figured I would check here before I head to a store tomorrow.

Thanks, gonna try this on my Wii tomorrow. So these DNS settings change often?

Firestorm

I have both the 360 and PC versions of Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered from E3 2011 and need to pick which one to keep... I'm using a GTX 275 + Core 2 Quad @ 2.83 GHz on a 1980x1080 monitor. Dunno what would be the better experience. I'm stuck on the monitor either way so no big comfy couch.

Seems Pandora's Tower is getting really limited allotment at FS and BB -- they have 40 and 30 copies available to pre-order respectively. I'd better put mine in while I still can...

No allotment at my store(yet). We have around 20 pre-orders. Demand is low because the Wii is a dead system.

I doubt Pandora's Tower will be limited/rare in any way. Xenoblade was rare because only EB had it but FS/BB are selling it as well.

My Luigi's Mansion shipped tonight but knowing CP I won't get it until Wednesday.

zroid

Banned
$100 purple 3DS at Best Buy... the temptation is strong

If I could sell my Aqua Blue easily, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's just such a hassle.

EGM92

This may be a stupid question but does any retail have any sort of sale or promo for Starcraft 2: HotS? I got a 20$ Amex GC and like to spend the least out of my pocket.

Sajjaja

$100 purple 3DS at Best Buy... the temptation is strong

If I could sell my Aqua Blue easily, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's just such a hassle.

What makes the Midnight Purple better, or is it just a personal preference? I have a $100 BB gift card that I haven't used for like 7 months lol. Is the 3DS worth it? or the XL? I don't even know if I want this.

iphys

The purple looks amazing in person, but so do most of them really. I'm going to sell my red one now that I'm getting the purple. I kind of like continuously getting new systems to have new colours, a fresh battery, warranty coverage, and the Club Nintendo coins.

The 3DS is awesome. I've logged like 1700 hours on mine in 2 years.

Kazerei

Banned
What makes the Midnight Purple better, or is it just a personal preference? I have a $100 BB gift card that I haven't used for like 7 months lol. Is the 3DS worth it? or the XL? I don't even know if I want this.

I would recommend putting that $100 towards a 3DS XL. The color selection isn't as good, but whatever.

Lexxism

I think you should go with the XL. It also have a $30 gift card. You'll get the XL for $160 if you buy it online.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I think you should go with the XL. It also have a $30 gift card. You'll get the XL for $160 if you buy it online.

Hope they'll offer one for the Pikachu XL tomorrow also. Any idea when they update their website? Think I'll know at midnight or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom