• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lostconfused said:
As I mentioned there are copies of Shadows of the Damned for 360 and PS3 at mine. Still too expensive now but at 70%, definitely worth while.
Are you where I am? I'LL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH FOR IT.

Is it confirmed 70% this week? Which day?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AlphaTwo00 said:
Is it confirmed 70% this week? Which day?

According to the BBV guy on RFD, everywhere goes 50% tomorrow if it isn't already, and should be 70% by the end of the week for locations that haven't closed by then.

AlphaTwo00 said:
EB had it on for Deal of the Day for $5 at one point.

$10 I think it was, it was around the holidays, unfortunately I didn't even know about it until it was too late, and I got sick and missed it when S&P2 was $5. :(

Firestorm

I don't even know where my closest still-open BBV is x.x But living in Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal is a death sentence for these things anyway.

I went to the Main and 49th BBV last week an 1.5 hours after the 40% off sale started and everything was already picked dry. There really wasn't any good deals for games or Blu-rays. I probably won't be going to another location since I don't really have any game I really want right now that is released and I doubt anything good is left in Vancouver locations.

Zzoram

I'm nervous. The Best Buy I pre-ordered at said they have a ton of pre-orders and they suspect they won't get shipped enough CEs to fill the order. I was told they would compensate me in some way if that's the case, or at the very least let me refund my purchase.

Zzoram said:
I'm nervous. The Best Buy I pre-ordered at said they have a ton of pre-orders and they suspect they won't get shipped enough CEs to fill the order. I was told they would compensate me in some way if that's the case, or at the very least let me refund my purchase.

I'm assuming you're talking about Dark Souls; did you preorder during the 43.99 sale?
Did they say whether they are shipping the CEs based off of preorder order or just randomly?

snorggy

Just stopped by the closest BBV (edmonton oliver square) and their gaming section was picked dry... still a somewhat decent blu-ray selection though.

Leshita said:
I went to the Main and 49th BBV last week an 1.5 hours after the 40% off sale started and everything was already picked dry. There really wasn't any good deals for games or Blu-rays. I probably won't be going to another location since I don't really have any game I really want right now that is released and I doubt anything good is left in Vancouver locations.

Do you know how the Main and 14th location is looking? I'm too lazy to walk the five minutes to get there. Story of Blockbuster's life.

IndieJones said:
Do you know how the Main and 14th location is looking? I'm too lazy to walk the five minutes to get there. Story of Blockbuster's life.

I have not been to that location so I am not sure. I doubt there is anything good left, but if you are 5 minutes away you might as well take a little walk and bid the store its final farewell. :p

Takuya

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
According to the BBV guy on RFD, everywhere goes 50% tomorrow if it isn't already, and should be 70% by the end of the week for locations that haven't closed by then.
Apparently it's 50% max on Movies/Games and 70% on everything else (food).

50% at the Parklawn location in Toronto and still VERY well stocked. They had Driver: San Francisco and Deux Ex. My friend picked up Deus Ex. I grabbed myself a Socom 4 new for $20.

mrgone

Magnus said:
Why's everyone bitchin bout Purolator? I've always seen people champion them over UPS....no?

I don't have much against Purolator, but I'm annoyed at the potential of an undeliverable game because Future Shop decided to use Purolator to send it to my Canada Post PO box.

Went to my local BBV, and came out with Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Fallout: New Vegas and best of all, Dead Island for a grand total of $84. They didn't have Xbox Live cards though which is what I was really there for :lol. So still searching for a deal for those I guess.

Giard

DoctorWho said:
Why do you need the game by Friday to get the gold skins?

Edit: Also, they did drop off some stupid bonus item.

Basically I live an hour away from where the game is being shipped. If you play the game during the first week of its release, you'll get the gold lancer and hammerburst skins. One of my friends will be going there Friday, so he could get the game and bring it to me by Sunday.

If the game doesn't arrive on Friday, it won't be arriving during the weekend either, which means I'll be missing the first week of release and the gold skins.

Leshita said:
I have not been to that location so I am not sure. I doubt there is anything good left, but if you are 5 minutes away you might as well take a little walk and bid the store its final farewell. :p
Heard from RFD that Main and 12th was pretty dry, and that Kerrisdale had the best selection. But that was a few days ago.

snorggy

went to a different BBV and walked away with Motorstorm Apocalypse, 12 month Live and 2800 points all at 50% off.

If you don't see any MS cards at your store ask the person working.. the ones I got were being kept behind the counter.

Firestorm

wtf
PRESS RELEASE
News: Blockbuster Gives One Month Unlimited Free Rentals for 'Gears of War 3' Purchase

MEDIA ADVISORY

Blockbuster today announced all in-store purchases of Gears of War 3 will include a pass for free unlimited in-store rentals of games and movies for a month. Gears of War 3 is available today and the promotion will run until Oct. 7, 2011.

“We want to get back on gamers’ radars with a promo that packs a punch,” said Randall Baker, Blockbuster’s Senior Buyer of Video Games. “Gears of War 3 is certainly one of the biggest games of the year, but players may want to take a breather from fighting alongside Delta Squad every now and then. We’re giving them nearly unlimited entertainment options for those spare minutes.”

With more than 1,500 locations nationwide, millions of Americans live near a Blockbuster store that is well stocked with Gears of War 3. Walk in and buy the game at Blockbuster today to take advantage of this great entertainment offer. All of the major recent videogame and movie releases are also available for rental, so gamers can get in gear for gaming goodness and media overload.

For more info, please visit your local Blockbuster store.
hey guys i don't think this deal is happening in canada though

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What's so WTF?

Blockbuster CANADA was actually a different company and is now dead/dying... but Blockbuster America trudges on.

I guess that is a pretty crazy deal but in this post-Netflix/Gamefly world I'm not that impressed by unlimited rentals for a month...

Takuya said:
Apparently it's 50% max on Movies/Games and 70% on everything else (food).

So the games won't go above 50%? Too bad-my local one has some decent games I'd get at 70% off.

Shalashaska161 said:
Went to my local BBV, and came out with Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Fallout: New Vegas and best of all, Dead Island for a grand total of $84.

Good haul.

WEGGLES

Wish that BBV deal was in canada. Going into block buster to buy some clearance shit made it dawn on me

"Waiiiit... in a world where many AAA games are like 7ish hours long I could just rent them for $5 and be done with it rather than buying them"

Buuut BBV is dead. Ah well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
First few September 23-29 flyers from CAG.

Walmart

160GB PS3 Bundle Uncharted 1 & 2 and GOW Origins collection (2 PSP games on the PS3) $239
COD:BLOPs $39.83 (picture shows the ones not including the Map Pack)
FIFA $59.83

RCSS

250GB 360 $219
360 New D-Pad controller $49.99 Save $20
FIFA $59.99

Zellers

$30 off DSi XL, DSi, or Wii
DSi $119.99
DSi XL $139.99 & $149.99
Wii $119.99 & $129.99

The PS3 bundle is pretty damn good.

Bruiserk

Onion_Relish said:
Anyone been to bbv in surrey bc? Thinking about heqding up and finding resistance 3 for cheap if I can.

The one in fleetwood? Already went a couple days ago and nothing good. No resistance, already looked. I did get that copy of 3D dot game heroes that has been there for like 2 years though.

EDIT: er there was a copy of shadow of the damned when I was there for ps3. I don't know if it is still there though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hmm, I'm going to have some time to kill tomorrow night after work - hopefully I can find some decent deals/stock at BBV!

BadWolf

Just a slight update.

Not sure if you guys remember but you helped me nab a PS3 last month from Best Buy with a price error (it was $100 off instead of $50). Well... with that luck came a tiny bit of bad luck. Same day I ordered an HDMI cable from Monoprice and still haven't received it (just received an email today telling me I provided the wrong address, which I didn't). So over two weeks after that order I placed one with Amazon for another cable and received it today (took em 20 days to ship, it was from a 3rd party seller).

So yeah, to make it short, got to play the PS3 I received around August 16 just yesterday for the first time. Played 3.5 hours of MGS4 in one sitting hehe.

isny

napkin dispenser
Luigi87 said:
Finally a freaking Auth. on my credit card from Best Buy in regards to Starfox.

I called them and asked them what's happening. The rep was clueless and said he'd send a ticket.

Pretty stupid considering the game came out on the 9th and it's now the 22nd. I'm probably going to ask for another $10 credit to make up for this.

At the very least, Kirby Mass Attack showed up today. I used a $10 Zelda 3DS cert, $5 preorder bonus, and $10 in FS GC's from Facebook. Total cost to me was about $5! =D

Just got this email today:

Dear Mike (Works)

Thank you for pre-ordering NHL 12. Due to some unforeseen logistical issues, your product was likely delivered to you later than expected. We make every effort to process and ship your order as quickly as possible, unfortunately sometimes issues do happen and our team works extremely hard to minimize any impacts to our customers.

We apologize for any inconvenience and as a token of our appreciation for being a loyal Future Shop customer; we are providing you with a $10 electronic promo code that is valid on any future video game purchase online (minimum price of $29.99).

Your e-certificate code is: mikeworks'awesomecode
Pretty sweet considering it got shipped like 2 days after the date and I wouldn't have been able to play it before that time anyway.

krae_man

Mike Works said:
Just got this email today:

Pretty sweet considering it got shipped like 2 days after the date and I wouldn't have been able to play it before that time anyway.

I got the exact same thing for Zelda OOT. I better get it for Star Fox 64.

So, any suggestions for cheap 360 points right now? I could wait for the next RCSS sale, but RE4HD and Gears3 Season Pass is calling me.

Lothars

AlphaTwo00 said:
So, any suggestions for cheap 360 points right now? I could wait for the next RCSS sale, but RE4HD and Gears3 Season Pass is calling me.
If you have any blockbusters near you go in and ask if they have any ms points behind the counter, I went to one last night and got 2800 points for 21.99.

snack

Lothars said:
If you have any blockbusters near you go in and ask if they have any ms points behind the counter, I went to one last night and got 2800 points for 21.99.
Got any more? I could PayPal you for one. :)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
All these Futureshop complaints make me really afraid about my E3 pre-orders. If I have to wait for Skyrim and Halo Anniversary...

...It'll probably be for the best because I'll be immensely busy around that time anyway.

WEGGLES

Lothars said:
I called every blockbuster in town, they all said no.

I'll paypal you for a points card :D

Lyphen said:
All these Futureshop complaints make me really afraid about my E3 pre-orders. If I have to wait for Skyrim and Halo Anniversary...

...It'll probably be for the best because I'll be immensely busy around that time anyway.

I'm in the same boat. I'll likely end up waiting until xmas break to get some proper gaming in.

Just started school and already feel swamped.

Lothars said:
Tried. They've all sent them back (not legally allowed to sell them or some other reason).

Magnus said:
Is there a BBV still open in Toronto that's part of these crazy closing sales? Wouldn't mind trying my luck.
Yonge/Cummer.
King Street/Liberty.

Reach into GTA (Mississauga/Richmond Hill), and you get a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom