• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Stumpokapow said:
70% off everything at all Blockbusters go go go go go

I went to Blockbuster about 5 days ago. The selection there was abysmal, and thats putting it nicely. That was 5 days ago.

I can't imagine what garbage is left now.

Mikey Jr. said:
I went to Blockbuster about 5 days ago. The selection there was abysmal, and thats putting it nicely. That was 5 days ago.

I can't imagine what garbage is left now.

I got a very attractive haul in the last two days, it's going to depend on what platform you game and how aware people are in your area.

6knms.jpg

Just bought Corsair HS1A on sale for $40 at Canada Computers: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_760&item_id=036119

Goddamn, Corsair has really upped the game. The BEST headphones I've ever owned/heard under $50. Comes really really close to Audio-Technica ATH-A700. Really close! Of course, it beats Audio-Technica in my opinion cause it costs 1/4th of it and comes with a high quality mic.

Very comfortable too! Have worn it for 4 hours straight. Not a single inch of strain. I know I should've purchased HS1 instead of HS1A since it has Surround Sound but I prefer analog than digital i.e. 3.5mm than USB; and also because this one was $10 cheaper (I'm cheap!). It also comes with extra set of cushions if you prefer a different material.

It has a very minimal audio leakage, which is perfect for late night gaming when I don't want to disturb my brother. It also has a pretty long wire (which I LOVE!) and the quality is superb! Bass is also great! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sounds mind-blowing with it!

TL;DR: ULTIMATE BUY FOR PC GAMERS FOR $40! BUY BEFORE YOU REGRET! Dare I say better than Sennheiser for that price?!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Another Future Shop sale starts in 3:38 from now.

Gaming
SAVE 10% on select XBOX 360 gaming accessories
SAVE 10% on select Playstation 3 gaming accessories
SAVE 10% on select Nintendo Wii gaming accessories

Plus save $10 on select pre-orders which means Zelda Skyward Sword LE for $60 after discount.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamingRefurbs

They also have some other deals on games. Most suck but I see Monster Hunter TRI Bundle for $20 which is cheaper than a classic controller pro by itself.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamesonSale

RS4-

shagg_187 said:
corsair hs1a stuff
[/B]

I have the HS1 and I'm pretty happy with them. Didn't want to get the HS1A because I didn't have a dedicated sound card and I was concerned that it might have problems with BF3 (as BC2 had some issues with dedicated sound cards or something)

Fuzzy said:

Gaming

Plus save $10 on select pre-orders which means Zelda Skyward Sword LE for $60 after discount.

They also have some other deals on games. Most suck but I see Monster Hunter TRI Bundle for $20 which is cheaper than a classic controller pro by itself.

Is this online only, or can I go to the store and pick it up at that price?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Stoffinator said:
Do you have to have a credit card to get Techsavy internet? I am with Bell right now and don't really like them.
Yeah, I believe so. They only send electronic receipts and whatnot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SpaceBridge said:
Is this online only, or can I go to the store and pick it up at that price?
You can order for online pick up.

---

I was just wondering, did anyone sort out the Dark Souls Best Buy pre-order thing? I just noticed the extra SKUs and I was wondering if I should call in and ask about it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk12 said:
---

I was just wondering, did anyone sort out the Dark Souls Best Buy pre-order thing? I just noticed the extra SKUs and I was wondering if I should call in and ask about it.
Fuck, the guy I called couldn't do anything... so at this point, fuck Best Buy I guess and order from FS during tonight's sale. What a pain in the ass. :/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
shagg_187 said:
http://i.imgur.com/6knms.jpg[IMG]

Just bought Corsair HS1A on sale for $40 at Canada Computers: [url]http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_760&item_id=036119[/url]

Goddamn, Corsair has really upped the game. The BEST headphones I've ever owned/heard under $50. Comes really really close to Audio-Technica ATH-A700. Really close! Of course, it beats Audio-Technica in my opinion cause it costs 1/4th of it and comes with a high quality mic.

Very comfortable too! Have worn it for 4 hours straight. Not a single inch of strain. I know I should've purchased HS1 instead of HS1A since it has Surround Sound but I prefer analog than digital i.e. 3.5mm than USB; and also because this one was $10 cheaper (I'm cheap!). It also comes with extra set of cushions if you prefer a different material.

It has a very minimal audio leakage, which is perfect for late night gaming when I don't want to disturb my brother. It also has a pretty long wire (which I LOVE!) and the quality is superb! Bass is also great! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sounds mind-blowing with it!

[B]TL;DR: ULTIMATE BUY FOR PC GAMERS FOR $40! BUY BEFORE YOU REGRET! Dare I say better than Sennheiser for that price?![/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. My brother was looking for a headset, so he's likely going out to pick one up now.

shagg_187 said:
6knms.jpg

Just bought Corsair HS1A on sale for $40 at Canada Computers: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_760&item_id=036119

TL;DR: ULTIMATE BUY FOR PC GAMERS FOR $40! BUY BEFORE YOU REGRET! Dare I say better than Sennheiser for that price?!
Any good headphones for under $50? I don't need a headset :(

Stumpokapow said:
70% off everything at all Blockbusters go go go go go
Jumped over this morning. Got Force Unleashed 2 and a few more Blu Rays. Everything else is pretty cleaned up. I saw a whole family (clearly RFD hoarders) come in a swipe everything clean off the game shelf.

Good luck if you plan to check it out.

Luigi87

Yeesh, that FutureShop Dark Souls has me confused.
It says you are auto-upgraded to CE if you pre-order... but why are there different pages for each?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Luigi87 said:
Yeesh, that FutureShop Dark Souls has me confused.
It says you are auto-upgraded to CE if you pre-order... but why are there different pages for each?
I'm just buying a FS copy just in case. This whole thing has been a mess and I wonder if it's the publisher to blame.

Threi

notag
Stoffinator said:
Do you have to have a credit card to get Techsavy internet? I am with Bell right now and don't really like them.
No you don't.

They don't send bills through the mail though, so you have to find a way to electronically pay bills (either telephone banking or online banking)

criesofthepast said:
Any good headphones for under $50? I don't need a headset :(
Well the Pioneer SE-MJ51 is on sale at FutureShop right now, and qualifies for the Buy one Get one Free promotion they are having right now (which ends tonight i think?)

TimeKillr

shagg_187 said:
6knms.jpg

No no no no no no no no no.

Specs for these headphones: (just these 2 will suffice)
20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
32 Ohms impedance at 1kHz

ATH-A700s:
5 – 35,000 Hz
64 ohms impedance

You seriously cannot compare a pair of headphones who's range is 20hz-20khz to a pair of 5-35s. If you can't tell the difference, you have HORRIBLE sources.

The A700s are absolutely some of the best bang you can get for your buck. Even if those Corsair headphones are 40$ (it's a good price, granted) but they can't beat a pair of 300$ headphones. Just.... no. (btw you can get A700s for like 120 on Amazon).

There's a thread in the OT about headphones. Don't go in there claiming what you did - they'll tear you apart. :)

Luigi87 said:
Huh, I only just realized that pre-ordering Batman at FS, and you get a steelbook case apparently.

The eBay price of the steelbook will come close to covering the cost of the game itself. Totally worth it.

Luigi87

Firestorm said:
Is it Canada exclusive?

I've seen in an Arkham City thread that variations are also launching in certain regions of Europe and Australia (seems the one we get is also available in Hungary).

No sighting of any in the US.

robox

Fuzzy said:

Gaming

how long does this last? just getting zelda. 70 bucks listed, 70 bucks in the cart.
on the other hand, dark souls collectors ed does show up in cart for 60

Firestorm

r - b - x said:
how long does this last? just getting zelda. 70 bucks listed, 70 bucks in the cart.
on the other hand, dark souls collectors ed does show up in cart for 60
It'll be back on tonight around 6pm pacific / 9pm eastern until early tomorrow morning.

Maddog

Lone_Prodigy said:
Seems like the NHL and Gears steelbooks were pretty hard to get from FS (limited stock, some pre-orders didn't get it, etc.) Batman will likely encounter the same problem.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fs-n...lefield-3-skyrim-exclusive-steelbook-1070743/

The difference is that those games were not advertised as including the steelbook with preorders. It was more like "Oh yeah we made some of these steelbooks that we are just gonna give to some people but not everyone". Batman however specifically says that it comes with the steelbook.

Ahh! OK. I did not want to stir up Sennheiser vs Audio Technica vs Corsair vs etc. I compared it with headphones I own and have used. Sennheiser and Audio Technica are god-sends, I agree to the core of it, but they are not designed for gaming.

Corsairs blow compared to AT when you go into technical side of it, but to my ears they sound fantastic and come really close. I get very picky about headphones when the sound is not what you're suppose to hear. After AT, these are the only headset out there that provides the clarity and comfort that I need. My ears get hot and strained with all the other Sub-$50 headphones/headset so when I read about Corsair and tried it for myself, I was surprised how comfortable it it and how it provides options for this that have different taste in fabric for the ears.

Yes, it's not as good as AT but goddamn to my ears they come real close, and for the price it's quite a no-brainer, especially with the great quality microphone that it comes it.

Compared to Logitech, Steel Series. Plantronics, Sony and all other gaming headsets that I've owned, tried out and destroyed, Corsair is the only one that bridges the Audiophile and Gaming hybrid. It's the best gaming headset I've ever tried and nothing can change that.

You can call me an ass if it doesn't end up being the best $40 gaming headset out there.

Fuzzy said:

Gaming

Man, this sucks!! I need a toaster and a kettle, and I coulda saved massive money, but the 2 I want are sold out, and it wont let me buy them :'(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Update on the Dark Souls Best Buy thing from my experience with their customer service:

After further investigation, I see that we do not have this offer under the Special Offers section on the Dark Souls(Playstation 3) product page on our website. As such, if the Specail Offers section does not say that you will have the Collector's edition, that mean we are not offering the "free upgrade" for the Dark Souls(Playstation 3) on our website.

So yeah... I have no idea anymore, but I'm not going to take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom