• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoctorWho said:
I was just about to cancel my Gears 3 order on FS but it's apparently already shipped via Purolator Air. It shipped today.

i got the shipping notice too...does everyone's tracking # say to call a 1-800 #?

my estimated delivery says today (19th) - does that mean i can pick it up tomorrow? really doubt failureshop will ship stuff for release day....

nolookjones said:
i got the shipping notice too...does everyone's tracking # say to call a 1-800 #?

my estimated delivery says today (19th) - does that mean i can pick it up tomorrow? really doubt failureshop will ship stuff for release day....

Mine says the 19th too but it's obviously not showing up today. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I'm not in a rush since I'm going to be busy until Saturday.

RS4-

Is anyone at the downtown FS right now? I idn't even leave my house yet and the chances for getting the steelbook are dwindling I think :(

TheExodu5

Banned
WTF. I took a look at me Futureshop E3 pre-orders today (as I was expecting Gears 3 to ship), and it says Order Cancelled. I never cancelled the order, and I certainly don't have an e-mail telling me it was ever cancelled.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheExodu5 said:
WTF. I took a look at me Futureshop E3 pre-orders today (as I was expecting Gears 3 to ship), and it says Order Cancelled. I never cancelled the order, and I certainly don't have an e-mail telling me it was ever cancelled.
Sure your payment methods are in check and all that? Because I ordered mine in the final few hours of the E3 sale and mine still shipped.

Zzoram

What's the deal with Dark Souls CE preorders in Canada? Who is selling the CE and can I still get it Wednesday Sept.21?

Takuya

Banned
Zzoram said:
What's the deal with Dark Souls CE preorders in Canada? Who is selling the CE and can I still get it Wednesday Sept.21?
All pre-orders up to a certain point were automatically upgraded to CE for the same price.

DJ_Lae

Takuya said:
All pre-orders up to a certain point were automatically upgraded to CE for the same price.

I'm very curious if my Best Buy preorder made during E3 will be upgraded (the $44 deal). I have noticed that the SKU that was available for preorder is completely separate from one they later added and tagged CE, but I don't know if that's just the way their system is set up or if I'll actually get a barebones copy of the game.

Hanzou

DJ_Lae said:
I'm very curious if my Best Buy preorder made during E3 will be upgraded (the $44 deal). I have noticed that the SKU that was available for preorder is completely separate from one they later added and tagged CE, but I don't know if that's just the way their system is set up or if I'll actually get a barebones copy of the game.

Im in the same boat as you and I think that since the CE is a separate SKU, we will recieve the normal edition.

Giard

I'm gonna be pre-ordering the game soon at a local shop...I hope they'll get CEs.
I'll probably call them tomorrow to see if they'll be getting them.

DJ_Lae said:

What was the old SKU for the game during the E3 sale? I tried to check my order again but it does not even show me the SKU anymore. I really hope I get the CE since I cancelled my Amazon CE order since I thought all the BB copies were going to be CEs. :/

I am even tempted to grab the game again from BB just to ensure that I order the new SKU with the CE auto upgrade note in the listing.

krae_man

Has anyone who ordered Star Fox 64 3D from Bestbuy yet who preordered it durring that E3 sale?

I still haven't got mine and I called 6 days ago and I was told it would be shipped in one or two days.

Anth0ny

krae_man said:
Has anyone who ordered Star Fox 64 3D from Bestbuy yet who preordered it durring that E3 sale?

I still haven't got mine and I called 6 days ago and I was told it would be shipped in one or two days.

Fuck I knew that sale was going to be lame.

I better get Luigi's Mansion 2 on launch day or there will be hell to pay.

Luigi87

krae_man said:

Anth0ny said:
Fuck I knew that sale was going to be lame.

I better get Luigi's Mansion 2 on launch day or there will be hell to pay.

Still nothing here (I too called them, and they said it was "Back Ordered and more will come this week... so BS since it was a PRE-ORDER).

And on top of that, I did technically order it with Luigi's Mansion 2 also, so I better not get screwed on that either >.<

So I've been thinking about getting a nettop to use as a media box + torrent + file server (for backups, not for regular access). Maybe surf the net with it. Been looking at the Acer Veriton N, but was wondering if anyone else has good alternatives with a similar footprint and generally the same cost.

I've been reading that Atom processors are really crappy, so am a little hesitant for 1080p media performance.

Fuck!? Does FS not allow drop off if there is no one home anymore? I use to get packages left behind the door, which I don't mind. I just got a notice that delivery was attempted but it doesn't mention the package was left. :(

Magnus

Got my GoW3 from the FS E3 sale, delivered about an hour or so ago. Purolator dude came to my door. It would have fit through the mail slot if I wasn't around, bu I imagine they wouldn't have left it.

Kazerei

Banned
Just saw this on RFD. Great deal on a PS3 at Walmart, if you don't have those games. Starts Wednesday in QC, Friday everywhere else.

26784792.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DoctorWho said:
Fuck!? Does FS not allow drop off if there is no one home anymore? I use to get packages left behind the door, which I don't mind. I just got a notice that delivery was attempted but it doesn't mention the package was left. :(
Welcome to Purolator hell, my friend. Enjoy your stay........ for ETERNITY! :p

DJ_Lae said:
Wait... searching the store, I only see one edition of the game. There's no CE mentioned. I assumed all first printings of the game were CE anyway?

firehawk12 said:
Welcome to Purolator hell, my friend. Enjoy your stay........ for ETERNITY! :p

Wait... searching the store, I only see one edition of the game. There's no CE mentioned. I assumed all first printings of the game were CE anyway?

I think I can leave them a note to leave it behind the door tomorrow. I won't have a chance to play it today anyways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DoctorWho said:
I think I can leave them a note to leave it behind the door tomorrow. I won't have a chance to play it today anyways.
I think you have to sign the slip that indemnifies them from any liability? I can't remember... it's not an option for me anyway, so I'm going to have to waste a day waiting for my package or trek out to the boonies to get it. It's annoying because I called FS a while ago to confirm that everything would ship via Canada Post and they said it would.

ElNino

DoctorWho said:
Do they not bring it to the depot after first delivery attempt? They do for me, but that is fine as I'm only 15 minutes away from the depot.

mrgone

firehawk12 said:
Everyone in this thread seems to have gotten Purolator. :(

I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that maybe someone put something into their system that accounts for PO boxes being undeliverable, but it's a thin sliver indeed.

snorggy

ozhenson said:
I ran into a whole bunch of live 1 year sub cards at a blockbuster in Edmonton just yesterday. $59.99 less 40%.

which location? i would have thought BB was cleared out of good stuff by now

ElNino said:
Do they not bring it to the depot after first delivery attempt? They do for me, but that is fine as I'm only 15 minutes away from the depot.

Yeah, I just took a look at my notice. Fuck, I have to go all the way to the depot. It's about an hour away from me.

:(

And I won't even get to play it till Saturday...

That's for PalaceBrother.

ozhenson

snorggy said:
which location? i would have thought BB was cleared out of good stuff by now

The one just off whyte ave. The clerk said that they originally put them in the back because they didnt think it would be included in the sale. So, I might just have gotten lucky with my timing.

Giard said:
I got Purolator as well. Hope I'll get it (GOW3) by Friday, if not I won't be able to get the gold skins :(

Why do you need the game by Friday to get the gold skins?

Edit: Also, they did drop off some stupid bonus item.

Firestorm

Magnus said:
Why's everyone bitchin bout Purolator? I've always seen people champion them over UPS....no?
I'd rather get crapped on by a bird than shat on by a dog but I'd rather not have to deal with either! Purolator's service is fine for me but missing them means going way out of your way whereas Canada Post pickups are always close by.

DJ_Lae

firehawk12 said:

Hmm, you're right - I guess they removed the collector's edition SKU that was there. A few weeks back there were both, and my preorder was still the plain version.

Here's hoping.

Dynedom

Stumpokapow said:
Getting pretty pumped about BBV moving up to 70% at the end of the week. Still some pretty decent stock at the two St. John's areas.

Almost all BBVs near my area are bone dry I think. I might go back to my default store and see if I can pick up some blu-rays for the hell of it.

Then again, I haven't been buying DVDs so...

Stumpokapow said:
Getting pretty pumped about BBV moving up to 70% at the end of the week. Still some pretty decent stock at the two St. John's areas.
As I mentioned there are copies of Shadows of the Damned for 360 and PS3 at mine. Still too expensive now but at 70%, definitely worth while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom