• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So Teksavvy upgraded cable internet service in areas yesterday:

1496962057.png

27noq.png

EDIT: Should mention speedboost probably distorts it somewhat but I just like seeing that number.

Finally got around to my BBV(s) today, in Owen Sound. They were pretty picked clean but I grabbed Bioshock 2, Last Rebellion and Darksiders for a grand total of $28.

Also scored a bag of Haribo candy and some sweet hearts for 68 cents.

I wish I got to the BBVs sooner.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Huh. Well, my download doubled to 20 Megabits, but upload is still a measly .5. :( Seems to take quite awhile to connect to the upload test too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
BadWolf said:
Just a slight update.

Not sure if you guys remember but you helped me nab a PS3 last month from Best Buy with a price error (it was $100 off instead of $50). Well... with that luck came a tiny bit of bad luck. Same day I ordered an HDMI cable from Monoprice and still haven't received it (just received an email today telling me I provided the wrong address, which I didn't). So over two weeks after that order I placed one with Amazon for another cable and received it today (took em 20 days to ship, it was from a 3rd party seller).

So yeah, to make it short, got to play the PS3 I received around August 16 just yesterday for the first time. Played 3.5 hours of MGS4 in one sitting hehe.
2 hours of which was snake smoking and fmv?
I keeeeeeed!

Is it at all possible to get a wireless xbox 360 controller to pc receiver in Canada? They are on amazon.com for $15-20 new from various retailers but they wont ship to Canada. There is ONE on amazon.ca for $35+ shipping for just the receiver. I have checked all the Canadian stores I can think of but they only sell the controller + receiver for 50+dollars. I mean i have 2 wireless controllers after my 360 red ringed 2 years ago and they wont sell me a god damn receiver...

That's a huge pricedrop on the Playbook. $250 is interesting. $300 not so much. But I question if it's even better than the HP one...

arts&crafts said:
I mean i have 2 wireless controllers after my 360 red ringed 2 years ago and they wont sell me a god damn receiver...

Didn't they discontinue that a year or two ago? I thought that was why it was hard to find, could be wrong though.

isny

napkin dispenser
arts&crafts said:
Is it at all possible to get a wireless xbox 360 controller to pc receiver in Canada? They are on amazon.com for $15-20 new from various retailers but they wont ship to Canada. There is ONE on amazon.ca for $35+ shipping for just the receiver. I have checked all the Canadian stores I can think of but they only sell the controller + receiver for 50+dollars. I mean i have 2 wireless controllers after my 360 red ringed 2 years ago and they wont sell me a god damn receiver...

I don't see any on Amazon.com for that price. There are definitely Wireless 360 controllers for $15-$20, but not the ones that include a wireless adaptor for PC.

You have two choices, buy a Wireless Controller and the adapter separately, or buy them together for about $40+. (which is the "Microsoft 360 Controller for Windows" on Amazon)

Receivers can be found at Amazon and DX.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...er&rh=n:468642,k:xbox+wireless+receiver&ajr=0

http://s.dealextreme.com/search/xbox+receiver

imthemaid

Banned
Divvy said:

1496962057.png

EDIT: Should mention speedboost probably distorts it somewhat but I just like seeing that number.

I get 24Mb/s. What was your speed before the upgrade?

pr0cs

arts&crafts said:

I bought this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/design...controller-gaming-receiver-for-pc-black-56546

which arrived this week. I had some trouble getting it to work with Win7x64 but eventually some googling got me where I needed to go regarding drivers and installation and it works fine now.

for $10 it's a no brainer if you already have 360 controllers lying around.

pr0cs said:
I bought this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/design...controller-gaming-receiver-for-pc-black-56546

which arrived this week. I had some trouble getting it to work with Win7x64 but eventually some googling got me where I needed to go regarding drivers and installation and it works fine now.

for $10 it's a no brainer if you already have 360 controllers lying around.

awesome and this ships to Canada no problem? right now it says $0 shipping, I don't mind paying a bit for shipping but I don't want to be stuck with $20 shipping after I put my credit card and such

arts&crafts said:
awesome and this ships to Canada no problem? right now it says $0 shipping, I don't mind paying a bit for shipping but I don't want to be stuck with $20 shipping after I put my credit card and such

I've purchased items from Deal Extreme before and have never had a problem.

pr0cs

arts&crafts said:
yep, what you see is what you pay, they'll mark it as gift (when it ships out of HK) so you won't pay GST either .. yay!

I went back to Blockbusters today and they were at 70% off.

Needless to say I'm down $110 in total but own 10 games, including Two Worlds 2.

Impeccable said:
I went back to Blockbusters today and they were at 70% off.

Needless to say I'm down $110 in total but own 10 games, including Two Worlds 2.

Wish I had time to go to Blockbuster today.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuzzy said:
First few September 23-29 flyers from CAG.

Walmart

160GB PS3 Bundle Uncharted 1 & 2 and GOW Origins collection (2 PSP games on the PS3) $239
COD:BLOPs $39.83 (picture shows the ones not including the Map Pack)
FIFA $59.83

RCSS

250GB 360 $219
360 New D-Pad controller $49.99 Save $20
FIFA $59.99

Zellers

$30 off DSi XL, DSi, or Wii
DSi $119.99
DSi XL $139.99 & $149.99
Wii $119.99 & $129.99

The PS3 bundle is pretty damn good.
The rest of them from CAG.

Best Buy

4GB 360 with Gears Triple pack $199.99
Nicktoon MLB (Ren & Stimpy is in this game) (39.99
Duke Numem Forever $29.99
Homefront $39.99
Red Fraction Armageddon $39.99
WWE 11 $29.99

Not in flyer but 160 GB PS3 with Uncharted 2 $219.99
Buy Ico collection $39.99 and one of the following games and save $20:
GOW Origins collection
Uncharted double pack
Resistance Double pack

Fifa 12 $59.99
PES 12 $59.99
X-Men Destiny $59.99

Pre- order and get 800 RZ points
Rage
Darksouls
Ace Combat: Assault horizon
Forza 4
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Call of Duty MW3

Future Shop

160GB PS3 with Metal Gear 4 $219.99
Killzone 3 $39.99
LBP 2 $39.99
Socom 4 $39.99

Duke Numem forever $29.99
Catherine $49.99
Fifa12 $59.99 Trade in 2
Buy Fifa 12 and save $10 when you buy one of the flooding games
Ico collection $39.99
Cabella's big game Hunter with Top Shot Elite $59.99 Trade in 2
X-Men Destiny $59.99 Trade in 2

4GB kinect 360 with SSIV & Bioshock 2 $299.99

3DS with Asphalt 3d $169.99
$19.99 3DS Games
Rayman
Ghost recon
Spplinter Cell
Rabbits

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm really tempted to get Teksavvy's 25mbps/7mbps high-speed service. Is this Fios? That upstream would be incredibly nice for streaming. Roger's 1mbps upstream suuuuucks.

AlphaTwo00 said:
I take it drops to 70% on the 26th for the rest?

I'd guess it drops to 70% two days before closing(my store was 50% yesterday, 70% today.) so the 30th stores I assume will drop on the 28th.

Anyone know if FS/BB are discontinuing selling Sony (SLR) camera?
Just notice that the majority of their models are not available in their website anymore

Diomedes

Local Thunder bay BBV is closing next Fri. Asked if they had any points cards and why their prices weren't 70% off yet; they never sold pts cards and if they did they wouldn't discount them (wat) and their prices may not drop until Sun being what they consider the 'end of week.' Was still a surprising amount of stock left in movies and games.

ConvenientBox said:
Any chance of getting halo reach at a bbv? Im heading to the kipling location after work today :/

Next to none, no. I just checked out another location and it's bone dry. Maybe 50 titles in total and they're all no-name shovelware that you wouldn't consider if it wasn't 75% off.

They did have a copy of Fear 3 for $64.99, but I'm not sure that's worth it at 25% of the cost.

PalaceBrother said:
They did have a copy of Fear 3 for $64.99, but I'm not sure that's worth it at 25% of the cost.

Ring it up, my Two Worlds 2 was marked at 59.99, but rang up at 34.99( before the discount.)

frequency

This is off topic but...
Has anyone received video game orders recently from amazon.ca? Did they stop using the folded cardboard thing? The last few I got came in padded envelopes. My copy of Persona 2 just came in and the box is crushed :-\

Do any of the online retailers still use boxes? Envelopes always come crushed for me if it's anything thicker than a standard game case... and even then sometimes the plastic case is cracked or the plastic tab that holds the disc in is broken or something.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
frequency said:
This is off topic but...
Has anyone received video game orders recently from amazon.ca? Did they stop using the folded cardboard thing? The last few I got came in padded envelopes. My copy of Persona 2 just came in and the box is crushed :-\

Do any of the online retailers still use boxes? Envelopes always come crushed for me if it's anything thicker than a standard game case... and even then sometimes the plastic case is cracked or the plastic tab that holds the disc in is broken or something.
I imagine Amazon would replace it for you..

frequency

BocoDragon said:
I imagine Amazon would replace it for you..
Wouldn't they just send it to me in another envelope, which will just result in another crushed box?

The main reason I used amazon.ca was for the cardboard foldy thing they used.

frequency

I'm pretty much just going to accept what happened with my copy of Persona 2. My biggest concern is that I have several larger CE packages for various games coming in in the next few months. If Amazon.ca is set on sending them to me in envelopes, then I'd like to switch all my pre-orders to a retailer that will package my stuff with more care.

I know Future Shop and Best Buy also do envelopes. Does GameStop.ca ship in boxes? I think VGP does for larger things, but they also charge like $10 or so for shipping.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Ondore said:
It's Persona 2, that'd be questionable. Sources (OK, Jeremy Parish's Twitter) say that .com has already stopped carrying P2.
Don't believe Ondore's lies!

That sucks.. Although .Ca has different stock I believe

Rengoku

Divvy said:

1496962057.png

27noq.png

Holy shit they upgraded it for my area as well! Wow, thank you Teksavvy!

Kunohara

My speeds have been pretty bad during the night lately. I can barely watch Netflix. I hope they upgrade their networks soon cause this is getting stupid. So many people have been signing up with them lately. Apparently around the beginning of September they had a shit load more orders (from students apparently).

At least these guys are updating us on what is going on alot. They also allowed a part of Scarborough now to get new orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom