• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebgames is having a "Spring cleaning" sale. Large mark downs on old games. too many to remember list(600 price changes at my store). Most of them are old sports titles and shovelware, but there are some deals to be had.

Of note: Infamous 2 "Hero Edition" was dropped to 5 dollars(Down from 80). And Uncharted 3 Drake statue edition dropped to 30(from 100). Bioshock 2 PC was 5 dollars, and some old DS RPGs dropped from 50 to 90%. Sale is mostly unadvertised atm.
Got myself Star Wars FU2 Collectors for $0.99.

Wish there was a more complete list of things.

Why do I feel like I'm going to have to fight my way past hordes of unwashed "turd-flippers" and pawn-shop owners to get a copy of Kirby tomorrow...

zroid

Banned
Just ordered WarioWare from Best Buy, and already got my price match. $2.50! :D

free shipping too, since its regular price was $30

zroid

Banned
So what did you do? Order first the items that you want and then you email them about the price match?

Yeah pretty much, but I phoned them rather. I was worried it'd sell out by the time they got back to me by email. No idea how many copies EB has in stock. :p

zroid

Banned
Just place your order and then immediately call 1-866-237-8289

Or actually, you might want to wait till you get the order received email (takes a few minutes) -- otherwise the agent might not be able to do anything. Not sure though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, some good deals there. Might pick up S&P2 - I owned it before selling it; though I kind of just want it in my collection.

Ohhh Golden Sun. Maybe I can finally beat it. Is it worth a playthrough? Loved the first two games

I was wondering this too, I've heard lots of mixed things.

Sora_N

Hmm it said the offices are closed...in the recording.

EDIT: When you're about to check out, it says 8AM-12AM EST so yeah. I kind of don't want to be charged if I'm not sure if I can get the PM or not, especially for Kirby. I may just order in the morning and then call and ask. Kirby is not available on EB.ca, and I don't care about Wario that much.

zroid

Banned

Magnus

This all seems in line with Excitebots being $1-2 at EB last month.

Damn, Pilotwings 3DS at $5. That's....about what it's worth. I'll have to bite again. Was a fun diversion when I first owned it. Just way too short and way too little for $50.

Edit- That wasn't fair of me. It was worth $15-20 for sure.

Grimsen

How reliable is the "store stock" info on ebgames.ca? Some of the CEs on clearance are in "low stock" at a local store, wondering if I should bother going in the morning before work. :/

The Wii section is full of gems

The whole point of the sale is drop dead weight from inventory, to make room for the stuff coming in fall. Which means most of the deals are in Wii, DS, and PSP.

How reliable is the "store stock" info on ebgames.ca? Some of the CEs on clearance are in "low stock" at a local store, wondering if I should bother going in the morning before work. :/

They're usually accurate, but might be skewed depending on how well the store is managed, or if the staff are allowed private holds.

zroid

Banned
The whole point of the sale is drop dead weight from inventory, to make room for the stuff coming in fall. Which means most of the deals are in Wii, DS, and PSP.

True. Well, tomorrow should be fun. Assuming my local store actually has Infamous 2 and GOW3 CEs (as indicated on the web), I'm gonna have an interesting time hauling those behemoths through the mall and back to my car, haha.

Sora_N

Got $10 RZ certificate, I think it was from MGR because I emailed them a few days ago (didn't get a response). Lol so it only cost me $39.99. :p

Madouu

God damn it my club nintendo pouch showed up as being returned to expeditor in Canada Post tracking... Of course, I had forgotten to put my apartment number in my address. Where to go from now, should I call Nintendo to explain the situation?

Returners

God damn it my club nintendo pouch showed up as being returned to expeditor in Canada Post tracking... Of course, I had forgotten to put my apartment number in my address. Where to go from now, should I call Nintendo to explain the situation?

I would call Canada Post with your tracking number. See what they can do there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh man. I'm definitely going to have to raid EB Games tomorrow as soon as it opens. I'll be there at 10 am sharp!

God damn! http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/games/wario-land-shake-it/203622 bought this for 20 bucks just a few months ago. obviously haven't played it yet :\

edit: here's another http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/mercury-meltdown-revolution/202590

The Wii section is full of gems

Excitebots is $0.95 (game only) too, and there's a bunch in stock around Toronto. I highly recommend the game.

edit: Damn, Advance Wars Dual Strike is $2.99 and only one store within Toronto has it. :O

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heh, Dual Strike has actually been 2.99 for ages. I practically drove across town to pick up a copy without the original packaging -- this annoyed me greatly, but for 3 bucks I had to have it anyway. This is like... January 2012, I think.

I'm really more surprised that it's in stock anywhere. I was always under the impression it was pretty tough to find a few years after release.

Madouu

I would call Canada Post with your tracking number. See what they can do there.

Thanks, that's what I did and apparently if I saw this earlier yesterday they could've updated the address on the parcel and delivered it. Sadly, the item is already en route back to Nintendo as I type this so I'll have to deal with them.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to take a look at my EBgames tonight after job, thanks! It's just too bad that Wario Land Shake It is out of stock there, I've waited for this game to drop forever... :/

zroid

Banned
Bah. No luck on the Infamous 2 and God of War 3 CEs. Should've known better than to rely on the web inventory. :p

Oh well, I only wanted those for the CE junk anyway, I already own the games themselves. I did get my two Wii games though! Mercury Meltdown Revolution and Battalion Wars 2 for a cool buck each. Neither were sealed, of course, and shamefully BW2 didn't even have a manual despite being sold as "New". Well I wasn't going to complain for a dollar but that's bull.

Also, MMR had four stickers on the box! WHY. Thankfully EB's stickers seem to come off clean nowadays.

DJ_Lae

I have no real interest in many of those games but for a buck I should just go and peek anyway. I have no excuse not to - I'm maybe a five minute walk from the EB Games here.

zroid

Banned
Wait. So you can price match orders you made online?!

Yes; if you're quick about it, they can adjust the price before your credit card is charged. Otherwise, they'll refund you the difference (+10%).

If you don't want to call or email, you can also take your receipt to a retail store after the item ships and get the price match done there. Again, they'll refund you. This sale is a kinda time-sensitive though so you'd probably want to call immediately and get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom