• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What makes the Midnight Purple better, or is it just a personal preference? I have a $100 BB gift card that I haven't used for like 7 months lol. Is the 3DS worth it? or the XL? I don't even know if I want this.
Purple colour is best colour. None of the 3DSXL colours match up to 3DS ones, but for actual use the XL is so much better considering all of the improvements unless your really specific about the amount of portability you need.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa my Luigi's Mansion actually shipped yesterday. Cool. Usually I get the notice on Mondays for Sunday/Ninty releases.

kennah

Will the Mass Effect Trilogy read your old version save files? (Like if I beat 1 and 2 already and wanted to use it to play 3?)

Guitarmy

Banned
Did anyone get charged for Bioshock Infinite from FS yet?

I'm still able to cancel mine, so no. I thought after getting tomb raider on release day from futureshop (I live in manitoba) I would get Bioshock on release day. I should have known better than to think futureshop was capable of that.

Palehorse

I've had the last 2 preorders from FS arrive on time but I don't have anything from them on Bioshock yet.

I do know that they do some weird thing where they ship it and everything and THEN they update their website with details. So sometime tonight I expect to see that my order shipped this morning and it's on route for arrival tomorrow.

I hope....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, it all depends on whether or not you find a CSR that cares.

I assume it's no skin off their back if they approve a PM nowadays, since they don't need manager passwords anymore.

Palehorse

I've had the last 2 preorders from FS arrive on time but I don't have anything from them on Bioshock yet.

I do know that they do some weird thing where they ship it and everything and THEN they update their website with details. So sometime tonight I expect to see that my order shipped this morning and it's on route for arrival tomorrow.

I hope....

Update: My CC has been charged and my order has a tracking number....but Canada Post's tracking can't find it, so I guess it's just been sent out. Crossing fingers for a day one delivery.

wingz

Update: My CC has been charged and my order has a tracking number....but Canada Post's tracking can't find it, so I guess it's just been sent out. Crossing fingers for a day one delivery.

Same. My order got charged today and got a tracking number. Probably get it on Wednesday though.

Quick

Banned
So I went to Futureshop and they totally price matched. Im surprised they did it.

Price matching at Future Shop and Best Buy are really hit or miss depending on the store you show them.

I've been successful 3 out of 4 times price matching Amazon.com at the same Best Buy.

Gamejunky

Anyone order infinite from Ebgames? I usually don't order day 1 games online from EB so just wondering how good they were on shipping. (Order still says open)

Bowser's Inside Story and Kirby's Super Star Ultra is $10 at Staples.

I was told there's only 5 left of Bowser in Canada, I tried bringing a printout of the inventory page to Best Buy and Walmart for price-matching, but they wouldn't do it due to them requiring the website or flyer...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Origin says they ship to Canada, but will they ship from USA or Canada? If it's from inside Canada then great but if I have to pay duty on a package from the US I'm not interested.

Just received it, and no duty! :D

Anth0ny

img-20130325-00188bdl4k.jpg

FUCK A LIMITED EDITION

Managed to find both today, lol

I called my local EB on Sunday, and they said they only had 2 units of the Pikachu 3DS, and they were both for pre-orders. I missed my bus earlier today, so I decided to pop into EB Games to pass the time. Asked the dude at the counter if they had any Pikachu 3DSes... and he said they have one left. wat.

I didn't have my gift card on me, so I asked him to put it aside for me. Wrote my name down for him and told him I'd come back later. I come back later today to pick it up, and there's another dude behind the counter, has no idea what I'm talking about. Pikachu 3DS is sold out. ok.

Suddenly, the dude comes out of the back that I spoke with earlier. As he reached for the 3DS under the counter, the other guy says that 3DS is reserved by the manager of the store at that location.

In case you didn't get that... this location got 2 Pikachu 3DSes in total. ONE for actual consumers, and even that one was pre-orders only.

There is a happy ending to this story! The manager comes out and says fuck it and sells me "his" Pikachu 3DS that he reserved. Yay! Copped it for $99 after using my gift card. Love it.

tl;dr I had to jump through some fucking hoops to give Nintendo my money. why this thing is SO limited I have no idea. but I'm happy that I finally have an XL!

Also, awesome megazord is awesome. The ultimate toy I missed out on as a child. I remember asking my parents AND Santa for that shit, and all I got was the crappy, cheap Power Rangers action figures. I mean, they weren't bad... but they were no MEGAZORD. Apparently this thing is super limited too. Toys R Us exclusive, and it's not even on toysrus.ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom