• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

I guess I arrived too late, I didn't see anything good for under ten bucks. I eneded up getting Battalion Wars for $14 anyway since I was hyped up to buy something.

iphys

Yay, just got Pilotwings and Steel Diver (is it any good?) for $5, and Pokemon Trozei for $1. It's supposed to be new, but it's the "new" game in the worst condition I've ever seen. Old, unremovable stickers everywhere, damaged and sticky box... but for $1, I can't complain! The game is pretty fun.

Lol, I saw a "new" copy of Epic Yarn that looked worse than any used game I've ever seen -- not only did it look more scuffed than a hockey puck, there were actual holes in the boxart. I passed. How is that even legal for them to call that "new"? No way do I believe that game hadn't been traded in and resold 10 times over.

Tagg9

As I whined about this morning, EB actually sold me a "new" copy of Battalion Wars 2 without an instruction manual. :|

They also sold me two 3DS games without Club Nintendo cards (even though they are both supposed to include them). =(

I hate EB.

Sora_N

Does Canada Post work tomorrow? My FS and BB orders shipped at 8PM (PST), wonder if the FS one will arrive (warehouse in Langley and I'm in Vancouver).

iphys

Lol, no, Canada Post takes Good Friday and Easter Monday off. I'm pretty ticked, because I've had 2 games in town since Monday, and they didn't bother to deliver them Tuesday, sent them out for delivery Wednesday but sent them back to the postal outlet without attempting delivery, then sent them out for delivery this morning before sending out my purple 3DS for delivery. Somehow I got a notice card left for the 3DS in the morning (which I found in my neighbour's mailbox: lol, Canada Post for the fail), but then they didn't attempt to deliver the games till late in the afternoon. I was home the whole time of course, but like they'd ever ring my bell when attempting to deliver something. Anyway, I was able to pick up my 3DS tonight, but not the games, which the notice cards don't even say when I can pick them up (lazy, good for nothing, grrr), so I guess that means Saturday. Seriously, I wish Canada Post would just deliver my stuff to the post office in the first place rather than going through the whole feigned delivery attempt thing every time.

Neki

Couldn't find any games, just wanted Battalion Wars Wii or Golden Sun, le sigh. :( Think someone raided it before I got there.

Madouu

Lol, no, Canada Post takes Good Friday and Easter Monday off. I'm pretty ticked, because I've had 2 games in town since Monday, and they didn't bother to deliver them Tuesday, sent them out for delivery Wednesday but sent them back to the postal outlet without attempting delivery, then sent them out for delivery this morning before sending out my purple 3DS for delivery. Somehow I got a notice card left for the 3DS in the morning (which I found in my neighbour's mailbox: lol, Canada Post for the fail), but then they didn't attempt to deliver the games till late in the afternoon. I was home the whole time of course, but like they'd ever ring my bell when attempting to deliver something. Anyway, I was able to pick up my 3DS tonight, but not the games, which the notice cards don't even say when I can pick them up (lazy, good for nothing, grrr), so I guess that means Saturday. Seriously, I wish Canada Post would just deliver my stuff to the post office in the first place rather than going through the whole feigned delivery attempt thing every time.

I live in an appartment building and every once in a while I'll get mail for one of my neighbours in my mailbox. Three times now, I've had a neighbour give me some letters for me he received by mistake. Luckily we apparently have nice neighbors here, and nothing of value has been misdelivered so far.

Okamid3n

Kind of an odd question, but can you buy eshop/PSN prepaid cards with a Futureshop 60$ card? I've had this card for a while and I don't really need anything else from Futureshop.

Quick

Banned
Kind of an odd question, but can you buy eshop/PSN prepaid cards with a Futureshop 60$ card? I've had this card for a while and I don't really need anything else from Futureshop.

Future Shop cards can definitely be used for prepaid cards.

I've been trading in games for gift cards, in turn using those cards for PSN cards for ages now.

Mikey Jr.

Does Canada Post work tomorrow? My FS and BB orders shipped at 8PM (PST), wonder if the FS one will arrive (warehouse in Langley and I'm in Vancouver).

Rule of thumb, if you are asking yourself if Canada Post takes a day off, then the answer will always be yes.

frequency

I have an extra BioShock Infinite "Industrial Revolution Rewards Pack" code for PS3 if anyone wants it.

Canadians only if there are any non-Canadian lurkers.

my bishock hasnt even been here yet from futureshop >:p

BTW guys! SquarenEnix Members posted their rewards for this year!
im sure the tier is ganna be the same (or more :() from last year... you'd have to buy 20 square games :L

get those in by April 19th!

Jessicat

Except for family day.
Because postal workers don't have families? :p

Seriously though, CP is a joke, I recently had a next day estimated deilvery package took 2 days to get to me. The package originated in Ontario, travelling within the same province shouldn't take 2 days ffs :/ And this is the second time it's happened! ;>>

Also I think I've missed all the recent sales on the 3DS XL? XD I went to VGP [in-store] not too long ago and preordered Rune Factory 4 and Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, but I still need the actual console ^^; I just hate the region lock, I want a cool design XL, like the Charizard one ._.;

LakeEarth

Yeah I'm in the market for the 3DS XL too, but I missed the boat on the awesome boxing day deals, and I'm futily waiting for a similar deal to pop up.

I had to put some $$$ into my car last week which will delay my purchase another couple of months.

stn

I bought Crysis 3 from Amazon. Opened it, started playing. Love it. 2 days later the game goes on sale for $39.99 instead of $59. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

zroid

Banned
I bought Crysis 3 from Amazon. Opened it, started playing. Love it. 2 days later the game goes on sale for $39.99 instead of $59. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

and that's why I avoid Amazon usually, lol

at a b&m retailer or its online division I could've gotten price protection, or at least done a switcheroo. Amazon has pretty good customer service though, so if you call they might refund you the difference anyway.

Sora_N

Got a few more games all for DS.

Kingdom Hearts 358 days (19.99 used)
Polarium $1
Devilish $1
Magical Starsign $2 new
America's top kitchen $3 used

I'm officially done now unless I see a time hollow lol.

wingz

Even though I was a few days lttp, I thought to check EB for some good deals. Ended up getting the Gears 3 Epic Edition. Was pretty happy, since I already had U3 CE and I2 CE. On a side note, the EB CSR kept on asking me if I wanted the warranty (5 times), but I kept on saying no. I so wanted to just yell NO, but I didn't because I understand their position, BUT SHIT MAN, TAKE NO FOR A FREAKING ANSWER.

Also if anyone is still looking for U3 CE, Heartland still has 2 left.

Now, to just wait for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary LE to drop in price.

SCORED TODAY!

Grabbed Sin & Punishment for $1, Kirby's Epic Yarn for $1.50, and best of all, a brand-new copy of Chibi Robo: Park Patrol for $3! :D

I price-matched Kirby at Best Buy, seemingly was a lucky one as they said it was a specific thing going on at EB but they made it an exception. :D

Chibi Robo was a mad grab, I've been dying for a new copy for AGES! :D

omg I want Chibi Robo (._. )

Check stock on EB's site, call some places to see if they have sealed copies.

Luckily I was right in the area I was, I saw an opened copy at that price in the bin, that location didn't have it sealed, but called and told me the location across did, ZOOM!!!

You in Toronto?

zroid

Banned
Oh god supposedly there might be one in stock a 5 minute's drive from me. I'm all over this on Monday... assuming it's actually there.

Lurkee

Neo Member

Doesn't Amazon price match? A few years ago I remember e-mailing them about price matching Super Mario Galaxy with Best Buy in an order I had already placed, and they gave me some schpeel about how they don't normally do it, but then proceeded to refund me the difference. :/

Even though I was a few days lttp, I thought to check EB for some good deals. Ended up getting the Gears 3 Epic Edition..

Sweet, how much did you end up getting the Epic Edition for? That Marcus statue looks awesome.

wingz

Sweet, how much did you end up getting the Epic Edition for? That Marcus statue looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

$29.99. The statue is pretty huge. Bigger than I had anticipated.

I ended up with an awesome haul from the sale for only 12 bucks.

King of Fighters Collection
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol
Time Hollow
Prey the Stars
Touch Detective 2 1/2
Metal Slug 7

[EDIT] after a bit of searching on Google I now realize they had a bunch of other games I wanted but weren't marked so I didn't grab them. I may have to stop by on Monday.

Lurkee

Neo Member
Sweet, how much did you end up getting the Epic Edition for? That Marcus statue looks awesome.

$29.99. The statue is pretty huge. Bigger than I had anticipated.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's not bad! For a second, I thought it was one of the $0.99 games on sale, lol. Last I checked the exclusive DLC was going for a pretty penny on ebay too.

Banned
I'm looking for a reason to play my Wii U again. Looking for discounts on Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Zombi U (I traded it in couple months ago after I got it for xmas, but I'm willing to give it another shot).

For PC, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. All Wii U stuff is always priced too high. Not paying full price for a port lol.

Vamphuntr

Went to the EBGames sales with a friend. They had tons of stuff since the store had not marked down anything but we asked an employee for the list.

0.99-1.99$ 360 games
Strangehold
Prey
Bourne Conspiracy
Shadow Run
Devil May Cry 4
Knight's Contract
Jericho
Command and Conquer 3

CE 360
Skyrim 10$
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE 1$

CE PS3
Uncharted 3 30$

DS
Pokemon Trozei 2$

3DS
Steel Diver 5$
Pilotwings 5$

GBA
Drill Doser 1$

Wii
Sins and Punshiment 5$

My friend and I grabbed most of those. Missed Skyrim since some guy listening to our conversation with the employee grabbed all 3 copies for himself :S It was the huge box with the dragon statue.

There was also a bunch of PC game collection on sale too.

Went to the EBGames sales with a friend. They had tons of stuff since the store had not marked down anything but we asked an employee for the list.

0.99-1.99$ 360 games
Strangehold
Prey
Bourne Conspiracy
Shadow Run
Devil May Cry 4
Knight's Contract
Jericho
Command and Conquer 3

CE 360
Skyrim 10$
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE 1$

CE PS3
Uncharted 3 30$

DS
Pokemon Trozei 2$

3DS
Steel Diver 5$
Pilotwings 5$

GBA
Drill Doser 1$

Wii
Sins and Punshiment 5$

My friend and I grabbed most of those. Missed Skyrim since some guy listening to our conversation with the employee grabbed all 3 copies for himself :S It was the huge box with the dragon statue.

There was also a bunch of PC game collection on sale too.

Add:

DS:

Chibi Robo: Park Patrol $3
Glory of Heracles $5

Wii:

Battalion Wars 2 $1
Kirby's Epic Yarn $5

zroid

Banned
I really hope that EB nearby has Chibi Robo >.<

The next nearest store which supposedly has it is quite a distance away.

I am getting tired of people having a different version of "Until". Most places include the date that is written next to until...

I was waiting for the last day of "Valid until March 31, 2013." to use the 30 days PS+ that came with the new God of War (Futureshop). When I entered the code it said the code expired or is just invalid. Super...! Oh well, for all I know the code never worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom