• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Great minds think alike. That's exactly what I ordered online - came to 15 dollars total with shipping!

[edit - if you were saying 6 dollars total, then I guess I didn't get quite as great a deal. :p]

I price matched my games at Futureshop. They were $6.16 with tax in total I think.

Just got back from picking up Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles from EB for $2.25 with Tax. Really wanted Wario Land Shake it but it was gone before I got there:(

DJ_Lae

Got there ten minutes after opening, there was another guy there rummaging the shelves and I figured by the stack of games in his hand that he was nabbing 99 cent stuff. If he's also a gaffer, man, you looked to have a nice haul.

He also got the last copy of Kirby.

I picked up Battalion Wars 2, Mercury Meltdown, Force Unleashed, and the Force Unleashed collector's edition.

Girl working there said she had nabbed the Skyrim CE last night (don't blame her).

zroid

Banned
Best Buy online sale coming up tonight. Seems to be a decent deal on the Slimmy Ridge PS3 -- $199 for this, which includes 1 month PS+, Medal of Honor Warfighter (lol), and God of War Saga... which also has another 1 month of PS+.

It's not shown yet, but I'm hoping they'll do the usual 10% off all games -- I want a discount on Pandora's Tower!

Magnus

Pilot wings 3DS, S&P2 and Kirby for like $10? Sweet haul.

Nabbed UC3 CE for $30 too. Figure I could sell the constituent parts for some cash and wind up with the game for like $10.

Thank you thread!!!

Sora_N

I picked up a used copy of Wario for DS if anyone needs it, but the second EB I went to had a crapload so it will be returned if no one needs it.

First EB:
Wii Anubis $1
Wii Batallion $1 sealed
Pilotwings used $2.99
2 random DS games for $1 each, bought for the cases for future gba purchases
Ps3 Socom $2
DS Golden Sun sealed $10 (may return, its not that cheap)

Second EB:
I saw a used Samurai Warriors 3 but passed becausee...
Found a new sealed copy of UC3 CE :) $30
Wii Let's Tap $2
Wii some random game $1 (forgot the name)

Some things I noticed, Brain Age 1 and 2 are $5 each used.
I saw Animal Crossing WW for 18 used, I passed because Id rather get the new one.
Also saw Tatsunoko with stick for 50 bucks.

I didn't see much else.

Quadratic

I picked up a used copy of Wario for DS if anyone needs it, but the second EB I went to had a crapload so it will be returned if no one needs it.

First EB:
Wii Anubis $1
Wii Batallion $1 sealed
Pilotwings used $2.99
2 random DS games for $1 each, bought for the cases for future gba purchases
Ps3 Socom $2
DS Golden Sun sealed $10 (may return, its not that cheap)

Second EB:
I saw a used Samurai Warriors 3 but passed becausee...
Found a new sealed copy of UC3 CE :) $30
Wii Let's Tap $2
Wii some random game $1 (forgot the name)

Some things I noticed, Brain Age 1 and 2 are $5 each used.
I saw Animal Crossing WW for 18 used, I passed because Id rather get the new one.
Also saw Tatsunoko with stick for 50 bucks.

I didn't see much else.

Can I ask which EB it was? I'm looking for another cheap Tatsunoko stick

Sora_N

It was the Gamestop in Vancouver (The Rise area)

Edit: noticed you're in toronto, just call all your stores. The price should be for all stores. If not, I can possibly get you one at cost, but may not be worth it to you after shipping though.

Quadratic

It's sometimes hard to secure deals in the GTA because of all the RFD guys here. Plus I saw the advert in the Metro on the way to work this morning.

Sora_N

It's sometimes hard to secure deals in the GTA because of all the RFD guys here. Plus I saw the advert in the Metro on the way to work this morning.

Vancouver is not as bad but stocks at stores are low in general, there's usually enough RFD to buy most stuff. I'm surprised I found UC3, they had at least 2 copies cuz she brought one out from the back and there was one on display up top already.

I guess unless the deal is crazy like $5 CEs with very very limited stock, if you act quick around here you might be able to find stuff.

Madouu

Best Buy online sale coming up tonight. Seems to be a decent deal on the Slimmy Ridge PS3 -- $199 for this, which includes 1 month PS+, Medal of Honor Warfighter (lol), and God of War Saga... which also has another 1 month of PS+.

It's not shown yet, but I'm hoping they'll do the usual 10% off all games -- I want a discount on Pandora's Tower!

Hmm I might jump on this but those games...
I guess I could wait a bit too, too many games and not enough free time anyway.

Yawnier

Banned
Picked up Pilotwings for the 3DS for $5 today at EB. Didn't see the likes of Steel Diver or any other sub $5 games there but oh well.

Also saw the $200 Wii U Basic at my local Costco, Zombi U and Nintendoland were both $30 too.

Anybody know if that has been the regular price for those two games at Costco since the release of the Wii U?

Kazerei

Banned
Also saw the $200 Wii U Basic at my local Costco, Zombi U and Nintendoland were both $30 too.

Anybody know if that has been the regular price for those two games at Costco since the release of the Wii U?

I'm quite sure that's the sale/clearance price. If it ends in .97, then yeah.

Ondore

Wii stuff was pretty much picked clean in Dartmouth, but I got a Pilotwings, Steel Diver (recycled copy was $2.99) and Polarium (DS) for $1.

Also, anything in the flyers for Saturday?

Sora_N

Wii stuff was pretty much picked clean in Dartmouth, but I got a Pilotwings, Steel Diver (recycled copy was $2.99) and Polarium (DS) for $1.

Also, anything in the flyers for Saturday?

Damn, Polarium wasn't marked at my EB, I should have tried anyways. Oh well. :( I forgot which EB I saw it at so would be a waste of time to go back randomly to one and check.

SickBoy

I managed to pick up Pilotwings and Warioware DIY (used) and Steel Diver (new) for $11 today. Pretty good. Had already played the first two, but for $6 they're worth adding back into my game library.

Kifimbo

Found the last copy of inFamous 2: Hero's Edition here. The box wasn't perfect, but for 5$ I can't complain. And bought two 1$ DS games from Nintendo, hoping there is a Nintendo Club code in there.

Alright I have a dilemma..well not really a big one but yea

I'm pretty much broke lol. Anyway..

I want to trade two games in to EB Games to get Injustice: Gods among us. Both games have to be at $15 trade in value. I have Halo 4 at $15 and that's the only game :( NBA 2K13 is at $14, and its the only other game near $15.

If I trade two $15 games, I get $60 worth of credit for the game, so I was thinking of buying a used copy of Pokemon Black or White Version 2, and trading it in since the value is over $15.

Used Pokemon Black or white goes for $29.99

So I would spend 30 on Pokemon and trade in one game and kinda get Injustice for $30..

I'm not sure if this makes any sense..it sounds like it does lol but I might not make any :p

Is it worth it?

Also: I don`t want to trade any other game if its not really needed, only Halo 4

chrono01

I keep trying to purchase the games online [from EBGames], but I get an error upon check out.

Does it mean that they're sold out and haven't yet updated the site?

Edit - Never mind. I had to use a new browser. For whatever reason, it was giving me an error. o_O

Kirby's Epic Yarn and Sin & Punishment ordered!

Alright I have a dilemma..well not really a big one but yea

I'm pretty much broke lol. Anyway..

I want to trade two games in to EB Games to get Injustice: Gods among us. Both games have to be at $15 trade in value. I have Halo 4 at $15 and that's the only game :( NBA 2K13 is at $14, and its the only other game near $15.

If I trade two $15 games, I get $60 worth of credit for the game, so I was thinking of buying a used copy of Pokemon Black or White Version 2, and trading it in since the value is over $15.

Used Pokemon Black or white goes for $29.99

So I would spend 30 on Pokemon and trade in one game and kinda get Injustice for $30..

I'm not sure if this makes any sense..it sounds like it does lol but I might not make any :p

Is it worth it?

Also: I don`t want to trade any other game if its not really needed, only Halo 4

Pokemon B2/W2 isn't $15 TIV. I don't think any DS/3DS/Vita game has a $15 TIV.

zroid

Banned
Sigh, no 10% off all games at BB.

They are doing 20% off used games, however. I'm not really seeing anything which piques my interest, but if anyone wants a used copy of Code of Princess for $28, you could get that right now. There's only one left, by the way.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, just got Pilotwings and Steel Diver (is it any good?) for $5, and Pokemon Trozei for $1. It's supposed to be new, but it's the "new" game in the worst condition I've ever seen. Old, unremovable stickers everywhere, damaged and sticky box... but for $1, I can't complain! The game is pretty fun.

Tagg9

Just got Pilotwings and Steel Diver for $5 each at EB. Asked about InFAMOUS 2 - she said they had five copies but the staff had proudly purchased all of them.

Oh, and neither 3DS game came with the Club Nintendo card. Fucking EB Games.

Sora_N

2013_03_28_haul1_zps7261eb80.jpg

2013_03_28_haul2_zps3a43d4f1.jpg

That's all I got today.

EDIT: Kirby is in stock on the EB site right now.

Maximus.

Just picked up my missed delivery for the 3DS XL. Such a fast delivery, I ordered it 24 hours ago from Futureshop, love it. The 3DS XL is AMAZING. I have the OG 3DS and thought it was awesome, but after handling the XL for 5 minutes, I knew it was far superior. It does have a yellow tinge at an angle and the screens are darker, but the buttons all feel better and the weight is great. The system overall is amazing. Damnit Nintendo, how do you make me always buy their handhelds.

chrono01

Yeah, Futureshop delivered my Pikachu 3DS XL insanely fast.

I pre-ordered late at night, it shipped the following morning and the next day I had it. I chose the cheapest possible shipping too.

I was surprised, to say the least.

Wasp14

Does anyone have experience with returning a physical copy of a game to Origin? Their site says to mail it to the American address (even though it was shipped from within Ontario) which sounds expensive.

KJA

That's all I got today.

EDIT: Kirby is in stock on the EB site right now.

Thanks for the heads up on Kirby. I've never seen a sale this good since Metroid: Other M came out lol.

BTW, nice haul. I always wanted to play Let's Tap but I never got around to buying it. I hope you have fun!

zroid

Banned
Whoa, Let's Tap. I always wanted to try that. I don't even think it's listed on the site, is it?

Might be hard to track down. :\

Sora_N

Thanks for the heads up on Kirby. I've never seen a sale this good since Metroid: Other M came out lol.

BTW, nice haul. I always wanted to play Let's Tap but I never got around to buying it. I hope you have fun!

Thanks, I'll get around to try it eventually but I haven't figured out a way to set up the sensor bar for my Wii on my desk yet.

Hmmm. I might go out and grab the UC3: CE. I enjoy my cheap CEs.

Also rewatched this hilarious Nolan North CE Unboxing video to remind myself what was in it.

Thanks for the link, I liked that review. :p I'm trying to find a buyer for the UC3 disc first because I already own the game.

Whoa, Let's Tap. I always wanted to try that. I don't even think it's listed on the site, is it?

Might be hard to track down. :\

I found it on the shelf randomly, hah. I wonder if some games are not marked as the sale price. I haven't found anything I wanted badly, or else I'd go up and blindly check the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom