• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Just ordered, and had a 15% off coupon lying around to boot.

Ahah, no problem. I thought of duties just after I ordered last week and worried for the whole week. Luckily, I received Need For Speed Most Wanted U and Mass Effect Trilogy for $60 total, no extra fees.

EDIT: I also got Paper Mario at Staples AND a Pikachu XL (for my girlfriend's birthday) in the last week. I've been pretty lucky! Now I REALLY have to stop buying videogames. :/

Sora_N

Was Luigi's Mansion supposed to have bonus RZ points from Best Buy? My order was $24.99, can't remember if there was a promotion, I might have to call them if there was a bonus because I don't see anything listed.

Lexxism

Was Luigi's Mansion supposed to have bonus RZ points from Best Buy? My order was $24.99, can't remember if there was a promotion, I might have to call them if there was a bonus because I don't see anything listed.

Wow. That was cheap. As for RZ, yeah, it does have. If it is not reflecting to your reward zone account and you already got your copy. Contact them. That's what I did yesterday and my complaint is in the process.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have $20 off for the following preorders from Futureshop:

- $20 off Dead Island Riptide
- $20 off Injustice: Gods Among Us

PM me if you want either or both.

Palehorse

My FS preorder of Bioshock came through for day one. Tracking shows it's out for delivery today. I'm in Victoria and they ship from Richmond though so there's not far to go...

Can't wait to get home now.

iphys

Yes, and if you're talking about the $25.99 from 2011 E3, I had the same order. I don't think you're supposed to get any RZ points for 30 days, although they seem to have been giving them to me right away for pre-orders. What's weird is I had 328 points as of the promo e-mail they sent out last week yet now have 1154 with nothing in my posted or pending history other than 99 pending for the purple 3DS I ordered on Saturday. So it looks like they gave me the 800 pre-order bonus for Luigi's Mansion without posting anything about it, plus 26 points, although that should have been 25x2 (but I guess that order was before Gamers Club, so maybe that explains the glitch).

zroid

Banned
Yes, and if you're talking about the $25.99 from 2011 E3, I had the same order. I don't think you're supposed to get any RZ points for 30 days, although they seem to have been giving them to me right away for pre-orders. What's weird is I had 328 points as of the promo e-mail they sent out last week yet now have 1154 with nothing in my posted or pending history other than 99 pending for the purple 3DS I ordered on Saturday. So it looks like they gave me the 800 pre-order bonus for Luigi's Mansion without posting anything about it, plus 26 points, although that should have been 25x2 (but I guess that order was before Gamers Club, so maybe that explains the glitch).

The "glitch" is basically that instead of treating the date of shipment as the 1st day of the 36 day holding period, they're making the date you placed the order as day 1. So if you pre-ordered more than 36 days in advance, the points are posted immediately upon shipment, and if you pre-ordered more than 90 days in advance, they won't even show up in your 90 day transaction record.

iphys

Okay, so basically people just need to know what their previous balance was compared with their present balance to know whether they got the RZ points then. Just check your recent promotional e-mails and see what was listed, people.

Still doesn't explain why I got 26 regular points for a $25.99 purchase when it should have been 25 or 50. Anyone else?

Price matching at Future Shop and Best Buy are really hit or miss depending on the store you show them.

I've been successful 3 out of 4 times price matching Amazon.com at the same Best Buy.
Yup, youre absolutely right. I went down there again and they wouldnt price match dead space 3.

zroid

Banned
Okay, so basically people just need to know what their previous balance was compared with their present balance to know whether they got the RZ points then. Just check your recent promotional e-mails and see what was listed, people.

Still doesn't explain why I got 26 regular points for a $25.99 purchase when it should have been 25 or 50. Anyone else?

I think it's because the Gamer's Club x2 actually gives you 25.99 x2 (rounded down), which is effectively like getting an extra point. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but this has always seemed the most likely explanation to me.

edit: oh you're saying you only got 26? Not 51? Well, then I dunno, heh.

$10 bucks cheaper too, I cancelled by bestbuy preorder and got one here. Only 12 left :)

So they changed the price to $190 and included the $30 online credit (making it $160), but of course it's OOS now.

And the order I made last night at $200 shipped already.

wtf FS

Also my BB order of Luigi's Mansion 2 shipped Friday. Last night I checked and it was being "rerouted" to the post office. I don't even think they try to deliver it to my place anymore. -_-

DJ_Lae

Luigi's Mansion finally shipped.

At least the process of updating my credit card over the phone was relatively painless, unlike the horrific mess I had to go through to update one of my EBGames.ca preorders.

DJ_Lae

Weird.

Anyone know if Persona 4 Arena is on sale anywhere? I know it permanently dropped to $30 a few weeks back on demand, but it looks like EB Games and Future Shop and everyone still has it $60, which is ridiculous.

I was hoping it would be $30, and then I could use my $10 off FS coupon before it expires at the end of the month.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There's a copy of Mario Party 8 for $20 at SDM in Etobicoke (125 Queensway). I don't think 8 has the massive value of some others, but if you're looking for it, there it is. I hadn't seen Mario Party games in SDM value bins before. Also had Fortune Street there for the same price.

frequency

Weird.

Anyone know if Persona 4 Arena is on sale anywhere? I know it permanently dropped to $30 a few weeks back on demand, but it looks like EB Games and Future Shop and everyone still has it $60, which is ridiculous.

I was hoping it would be $30, and then I could use my $10 off FS coupon before it expires at the end of the month.

A marketplace seller on Amazon has it for about $25 (+$8 shipping)
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007B7BHJ8/

VGP has it for $40 with CD.
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19811

chrono01

Nice surprise to wake up to!

I ordered the Pikachu 3DS XL last night off of futureshop.ca and the advertised price was the full MSRP of $199.99. I wanted the system, so I placed my order. It shipped earlier this morning. \(^_^)/

I checked the website again this morning and it was then listed at a new price of $189.99, as well as a "bonus" offer of $30 off for ordering online. That would make the base-price $159.99.

I immediately emailed Customer Support asking to be refunded the price difference [due to their Price Beat Promise] and received an email back within the hour. They credited my account [and the method of payment, in this case, my credit card] with $40!

Not too bad. :)

frequency

Cool, thanks.

Is the PS3 the best version to pick up (ignoring the controller, at least)?

Oh I just (wrongly?) assumed PS3.
The cheapest the game is on Amazon for 360 is like $37. It's also $40 at VGP.

I don't know if they ever fixed it but at launch the PS3 version supposedly had much better netcode than the 360 version. I just have the PS3 version so I can't compare.

Sajjaja

Wow. That's a pretty sweet deal. Using BB/FS price match, I can get the WiiU for 189.99.

Wii U has no game =/
NBrPIop.png

DJ_Lae

Oh I just (wrongly?) assumed PS3.
The cheapest the game is on Amazon for 360 is like $37. It's also $40 at VGP.

I don't know if they ever fixed it but at launch the PS3 version supposedly had much better netcode than the 360 version. I just have the PS3 version so I can't compare.

Oh, I have no real preference, I was just curious.

As the PS3 version is $10 cheaper I'll probably go that route. Netcode doesn't bother me too much as I doubt I'll play any online multiplayer anyway.

L3E2

I have $20 off Futureshop codes that I'm not going to use for:

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Dead Island Riptide

Send me a PM if you want one or both

Yawnier

Banned
Wow. That's a pretty sweet deal. Using BB/FS price match, I can get the WiiU for 189.99.

Edit: Is this a clearance?

I really have no idea if this is a clearance or not. It could be Costco just trying to get rid of a surplus in stock of Wii Us (does that qualify as clearance?). Sorry.

Anony

how did u get it so cheap?

chimster

I ordered the Pikachu 3DS XL last night off of futureshop.ca and the advertised price was the full MSRP of $199.99. I wanted the system, so I placed my order. It shipped earlier this morning. \(^_^)/

I checked the website again this morning and it was then listed at a new price of $189.99, as well as a "bonus" offer of $30 off for ordering online. That would make the base-price $159.99.

I immediately emailed Customer Support asking to be refunded the price difference [due to their Price Beat Promise] and received an email back within the hour. They credited my account [and the method of payment, in this case, my credit card] with $40!

Ditto, I just got my email saying they will credit my order too. Not too shabby at all

Maximus.

Dang it I didnt clue in on the heavy discount on the 3DS XL on FS/BB until now and all the colors are "sold out". Really hope they update their stock :(

explodet

Once again you disappoint me, EB.

Order the Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition for the PS3 - and they deliver a 360 version to me.

URGH

Already contacted them, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to trudge to some out of the way area to get it exchanged.

Returners

Thanks man. Worked like a charm for me.

iphys

How does Canada Post manage to screw up the delivery of every game I order? Anyone know what this means:

"Item arrived at postal facility. Item on hold."

I have 2 games that have been in town since Monday, never went out for delivery yesterday, said they were out for delivery this morning, yet apparently they sent them back to the postal facility without attempting delivery or taking them to the post office, and now they are on hold? The dumb thing is my Club Nintendo reward got to town yesterday and went out for delivery at the exact same time as these 2 games this morning as though they were all coming together, and they managed to deliver that, yet no sign of the games that have been in town since Monday.

Ebgames is having a "Spring cleaning" sale. Large mark downs on old games. too many to remember list(600 price changes at my store). Most of them are old sports titles and shovelware, but there are some deals to be had.

Of note: Infamous 2 "Hero Edition" was dropped to 5 dollars(Down from 80). And Uncharted 3 Drake statue edition dropped to 30(from 100). Bioshock 2 PC was 5 dollars, and some old DS RPGs dropped from 50 to 90%. Sale is mostly unadvertised atm.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ebgames is having a "Spring cleaning" sale. Large mark downs on old games. too many to remember list(600 price changes at my store). Most of them are old sports titles and shovelware, but there are some deals to be had.

Of note: Infamous 2 "Hero Edition" was dropped to 5 dollars(Down from 80). And Uncharted 3 Drake statue edition dropped to 30(from 100). Bioshock 2 PC was 5 dollars, and some old DS RPGs dropped from 50 to 90%. Sale is mostly unadvertised atm.

I saw some people today walking out of EB with a huge GOW limited edition box, so that may be something included?

RS4-

I guess I should pick up Infamous 2 because I bought it last year and...never opened it lol. Then traded it back in.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

wtf! I bought that goddamn UC3 limited edition! Motherfucker!

zroid

Banned
Haha I knew that Infamous 2 CE would drop to a stupid low price eventually. It just took a lot longer than I was expecting, and I already have Infamous 2 in that collection Sony released. :(

Seems there are a bunch in stock around me, I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

I saw some people today walking out of EB with a huge GOW limited edition box, so that may be something included?

$1.99 LOL

Conceptor

I know this is the games thread but we often discuss ISPs and internet and such so I'm posting here in hopes of finding help. It's a little bit of a read, so I hope it's coherent and I'd appreciate whatever help you could offer

Basically, we've been having issues with our internet (DSL) through Teksavvy for the last month. Random drops, sync issues (with the modem) and extremely slow speeds.

We've tried all sorts of different configurations, with different hardware (new modem, no router + 1 PC, and whatnot) to no avail. Currently, the modem is connected at the demarcation point in the basement and the issue is still ongoing. We've been in constant contact with Teksavvy's customer support but we still haven't been able to fix or determine the cause of the problem. It's come to the point where we are being asked to agree to the terms and conditions set by Bell (because they own the lines) for them to come and take a look at the configuration outside of the house (wires, lines, whatever).

Now the issue is, if they don't find a problem, we're going to be paying a $100 service charge and still have no solution (as Bell cites it would not be their responsibility, rightfully so), and we'd have to call up an electrician to take a look at the set up from inside (which we've gone over a hundred times since)

Would you guys from GTA-GAF know of any electricians that you could point me towards? Else, a forum or two that I could post a more detailed breakdown of the internet problems?

It's been extremely frustrating; we've had maybe three or four days in the last 30 where the internet was fine and if this continues we'll probably have to look at switching to another ISP (and I'd hate to do that, as Teksavvy have been great and aside from this I have no complains with them)

for laughs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom