• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJA

Both Kirby: Epic Yarn and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor are back in stock at EBGames.ca. There's still time to pick these games up if you're looking to price match these titles at either Futureshop/Best Buy.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SDM Redemption Day this weekend (95,000 for $200) and the 3DS XL is on sale for $169.99 for those still looking for a deal on one.

DJ_Lae

HoJu

Shit, that's not a bad price...
Now should I wait for a probable price cut during the next couple of months, or bite on this?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I would have rather had the $200 / $250 Basic / Deluxe set from Costco. You could even pick up ZombiU for $30 from the store as well. The Pro Controller is lovely, but I can't imagine most people finding much software to play with it. ZombiU requires the Game Pad (which is also more comfy for longer play sessions than you might think) and you're paying a hefty price for it.

DJ_Lae

I would have rather had the $200 / $250 Basic / Deluxe set from Costco. You could even pick up ZombiU for $30 from the store as well. The Pro Controller is lovely, but I can't imagine most people finding much software to play with it. ZombiU requires the Game Pad (which is also more comfy for longer play sessions than you might think) and you're paying a hefty price for it.

Did the Deluxe ever hit $250 at Costco? I know the Basic was $200 and I saw the Deluxe set drop to $310 at my local Costco but nothing below that.

Also noticed ZombiU and Nintendoland for $30 apiece.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Did the Deluxe ever hit $250 at Costco? I know the Basic was $200 and I saw the Deluxe set drop to $310 at my local Costco but nothing below that.

Also noticed ZombiU and Nintendoland for $30 apiece.

I swore it was, but I could be wrong!

Any reasoning behind wanting the Deluxe bundle? Nintendo Land is a good game and DPP is a good program if you're buying a lot of digital, but $200 Basic will save you a lot of money in the end if you're not interested in those things.

krae_man

Any reasoning behind wanting the Deluxe bundle? Nintendo Land is a good game and DPP is a good program if you're buying a lot of digital, but $200 Basic will save you a lot of money in the end if you're not interested in those things.

Digital Deluxe is a terrible promotion.

10% cashback on all your downloadable purchases for 2 years or whatever it is*

*software worth buying will not be on the WiiU shop during this 2 year window.

HoJu

I thought you'll have the discount indefinitely, but you don't get it if you buy a Wii U after 2 years.

Anth0ny

Plus with the shitty way Nintendo handles accounts I don't even think it's worth it to buy digitally on Wii U, even when the games start rolling out.

The deluxe also comes with 16 more GB of space, mediocre Nintendo Land and a bunch of plastic. I'm glad I saved $50 by buying the Basic bundle.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It's a worthy bonus for me, as I probably would have just bought a Deluxe for Nintendo Land and the charging dock anyway. I already have twenty bucks back in points, and I'm not actually afraid to buy digitally despite their laughable account system. I've at least had good experience with their customer service. I wouldn't pay $50 extra for the DPP only, but sure, I'll take it 'for free'.

Thanks to Futureshop's previously not terrible trade 2 for $60 GC over the past six months, I've managed to achieve savings normally reserved for retail and DDP by flipping the GC for points.

For me, the deluxe Wii U was worth every penny. The black console and gamepad are of course beautiful, but in addition you get one of the best local multiplayer games I've ever played in Nintendo Land, plus extra storage for digital downloads. I've downloaded NL, NSMBU, and MH3U, plus a few indie games, so I've gotten 20 dollars in cash back already which I can spend on the Wii u or 3DS eShop. The deluxe bundle also comes with a charging cradle which is quite useful.

krae_man

I thought you'll have the discount indefinitely, but you don't get it if you buy a Wii U after 2 years.

Promotion timeline

Earn points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015.

Activation codes earned must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015.
There is no deadline to use funds once added to your balance in the Nintendo eShop.

DJ_Lae

It's a silly reason, but I don't want it in white.

(my Costco has never carried the Basic sets, either, so it was never an option when they dropped it to $200)

nordique

Does anyone happen to have discount codes for Injustice by any chance, that they may be willing to part with?

SVP et Merci :)

Jessicat

Also I think I've missed all the recent sales on the 3DS XL? XD I went to VGP [in-store] not too long ago and preordered Rune Factory 4 and Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, but I still need the actual console ^^; I just hate the region lock, I want a cool design XL, like the Charizard one ._.;
Reposting because I'm not sure if there's any 3DS XL deals going on anywhere right now, got some games pre-ordered so I'm gonna need the console at some point XD

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cross-posting this for prosperity:

VANCOUVER-GAF MEETUP OF EVERYONE PULLING A VANCOUVER AND BEING SCARED OF STRANGERS:

Why: Because screw Toronto, we can do this too.

When: April 6th, 6pm. For the duration of the hockey game against the Oilers (at least)

Where: Library Square Pub, next to the Vancouver Public Library downtown

What: Hockey, beer (or not, for the sober people), food, not-talking-too-much-about-GAF, enjoyment.

Who: QUOTE THIS POST to signup, I will edit new people in. Also indicate if you're bringing a +1, please.

So who's in so far:

Lone_Prodigy
Firestorm
Johnny Cage In The Shower
Smiley90
MutFox

Anyone here know what the trade in price of bioshock infinite on Xbox 360 would be? TIVS doesn't have it listed and I'm finished with that awesome game!

Ondore

Reposting because I'm not sure if there's any 3DS XL deals going on anywhere right now, got some games pre-ordered so I'm gonna need the console at some point XD

As mentioned earlier, Shoppers Drug Mart has XLs for $169.99 from Saturday through April 12. (Does FS/BB pricematch Shoppers on electronics?)

PC-Defiance listed as part of Future Shop's 2 for a $60 gift card trade deal. Is there something I don't know about the PC version of that game? I would assume you couldn't trade it in like all PC games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Target: $10 gift card with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or NSMB2.

I might buy Luigi and turn around and flip the gift card for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as well. If they'll let me.

edit: Oh, $50 GC with 3DS XL purchase too.

iYMWKmeIbicjA.png

LakeEarth

Oh, is that deal on right now? That's essentially $150, which is exactly the price I've been waiting for.

EDIT - It started today, sweet.

Luigi87

Target: $10 gift card with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or NSMB2.

I might buy Luigi and turn around and flip the gift card for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as well. If they'll let me.

edit: Oh, $50 GC with 3DS XL purchase too.

lol, wow, I work there I don't even know these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom