• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Speaking of 800RZ offers, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is $34.99 and qualifies. That's... tempting.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Also ordered Pokemon Y for $39.99 and the 800 RZ points. Will cancel my order if a 10% sale comes along and the 800 bonus points offer is still around.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Also ordered Pokemon Y for $39.99 and the 800 RZ points. Will cancel my order if a 10% sale comes along and the 800 bonus points offer is still around.

I'm kicking myself for not ordering Pokemon when it was $34.99 + rz points. Hopefully it comes back.

namDa65

Ok, I just preordered a game from futureshop. Free ground shipping.

Does futureshop offer day 1 shipping?

The game releases april 30th, but I will be leaving my home on may 4th for a business relocation for 4 months. You think the game will come in time? They said 5-9 days o_O

zroid

Banned
Depends where you live. The warehouses are in Vancouver and Brampton so the closer you live to one of those cities, the faster you'll get it. I think they generally ship street dated games the day before release.

I'm in the GTA so free shipping is 1 day shipping for me.

isny

napkin dispenser
Depends where you live. The warehouses are in Vancouver and Brampton so the closer you live to one of those cities, the faster you'll get it. I think they generally ship street dated games the day before release.

I'm in the GTA so free shipping is 1 day shipping for me.

Same in Ottawa. Free shipping means next day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Target: $10 gift card with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or NSMB2.

I might buy Luigi and turn around and flip the gift card for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as well. If they'll let me.

edit: Oh, $50 GC with 3DS XL purchase too.

iYMWKmeIbicjA.png
What in the flying fuck!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck this shit I ALWAYS buy at the wrong time...wtf....

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm so frustrated with the state of media licensing in Canada. I'm looking for a decent service to listen to music while at work, and it just doesn't seem to exist Spotify and Pandora still aren't in Canada because of the ridiculous licensing issues they keep facing when trying to enter the country. When will this change? How can we change it? This is getting ridiculous.

Kunohara

I'm so frustrated with the state of media licensing in Canada. I'm looking for a decent service to listen to music while at work, and it just doesn't seem to exist Spotify and Pandora still aren't in Canada because of the ridiculous licensing issues they keep facing when trying to enter the country. When will this change? How can we change it? This is getting ridiculous.

I've heard good things about Rdio. Some people prefer it to Pandora at least. Give it a try.

At least you can listen to music at work. But I know what you mean. I don't think alot of other people really care though. You don't really see alot of people complain about it (probably because the majority of people pirate their music).

r3n4ud

What about using a vpn?

HoJu

hey guys i need your help.
i'm currently in Future Shop and they have one ZombiU Wii U bundle for $330.
I know I'm going to get a Wii U sometime in the future, and I know that I will pick up Zombi U. I just don't know if Nintendo will cut the price this summer.
Should I do it?

I know I'm going to get a Wii U sometime in the future, and I know that I will pick up Zombi U. I just don't know if Nintendo will cut the price this summer.
Should I do it?

We have no idea if they will cut the price this summer.

Are there any more games for it that you currently want and can you afford it at the $330 price?

Should I do it?

I wouldn't personally until after E3 at least.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Should I do it?

The bundle is a great deal in my opinion.

Currently, the Wii-U games that are worth it (IMO) are:

-Nintendo Land (free in the bundle)
-ZombiU (same thing)
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Lego City Undercover
-Need for Speed Most Wanted U
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Do you want to play most of those games? If so, go for it. If not, you might want to wait until more games interest you.

Should I do it?

don't do it. seriously.

its 199 at costco for normal version and zombiU is on sale for 20~30.

i don't think its worth it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
don't do it. seriously.

its 199 at costco for normal version and zombiU is on sale for 20~30.

i don't think its worth it.

Really depends if he's interested in Nintendo Land, more storage space, the Classic Controller and the charging cradle.

I personally think it's worth it (I have a basic bundle and I'd really like the storage, cradle and controller. I also bought Nintendo Land separately), but I can see why it might not be a good deal if you don't want all those things.

Really depends if he's interested in Nintendo Land, more storage space, the Classic Controller and the charging cradle.

I personally think it's worth it (I have a basic bundle and I'd really like the storage, cradle and controller. I also bought Nintendo Land separately), but I can see why it might not be a good deal if you don't want all those things.

that's true. although i understand the merits in that, i personally dont want any of those things, so ... it really works out whatever you want.

TheExodu5

Banned
If you want to play the system for an extended amount of time while not using the gamepad, you certainly want the charging cradle. For Monster Hunter, I just leave it propped up while I play and I don't have to worry about the ridiculously short battery life.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I don't really use this kind of thing (back when I needed something like it, I used Audiogalaxy to stream from my home collection to work) but all of my friends who do use Rdio, so you might try that.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't really use this kind of thing (back when I needed something like it, I used Audiogalaxy to stream from my home collection to work) but all of my friends who do use Rdio, so you might try that.

Yeah I'm trying it out right now. Well, I was until I broke my headphones. :(

Now I need to buy some epoxy.

Sora_N

I'm kicking myself for not ordering Pokemon when it was $34.99 + rz points. Hopefully it comes back.

Anyone remember if it was listed that it was 800 RZ points when there was the $5 off? I preordered both games for $34.99, can't remember if there were points listed.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Should I do it?

At that price it's definitely worth it, you get so much stuff for less than what everyone else paid at launch.

IMO if you want to play it now, buy it. Don't buy it and let it sit there and collect dust until there's a sale/price drop.

If you wait it'll be cheaper.

Dunlop

I use Slacker Radio

HoJu

I decided to wait. Nintendo really dropped the ball with Wii U's "launch window", so I'm expecting a price drop/more bundles sometime this year to "relaunch" the system.

And there aren't any games that are out which I really want to play.
Thanks for the help.

Mr. F

Banned

Rdio isn't bad, I've been subscribed for a few months now. The mobile app recently got a major update and it's pretty decent beyond a few annoyingly no-brainer oversights in functionality.

Oneself

I'm hanging in there for now. Since I live by myself and the fact that I do not know anybody here,

1. I need to make friends.
2. I need to learn French.

Those two are kinda linked to each other too.

image.php

Ok, first you need to change that avatar, at least the lower right corner of it. ;)

WEGGLES

Damn, the Target in my city (London ON) have almost been wiped clean and it's 11am day 1 of the deal. The games are gone, and there are only pink 3DS XL's left (as if to just tease me).

Are there any XL shells that'll hide the pink? I know I'm being vain but ...

Oooh. Fellow London Gaffer.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Don't feel too bad, was sold out real quick. At least in my area.

When I was out on Friday, the Target at Victoria Park and Danforth was fully stocked with Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and a bunch of Red / Blue 3DS XLs. Maybe not now though.

Firestorm

if your work computer has Firefox or Chrome, you can use MediaHint to access Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom