• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

Did the Deluxe ever hit $250 at Costco? I know the Basic was $200 and I saw the Deluxe set drop to $310 at my local Costco but nothing below that.

Also noticed ZombiU and Nintendoland for $30 apiece.
I don't think so, it was 300 when I bought the basic last week

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
They closed a Zellers here in Sudbury a while ago and it's supposed to turn into a Target, but I don't actually know if that's happened yet. Maybe I should check.

Ahhh shit! Sudbury GAF! And I thought I was the only Milhouse lol.

The New Sudbury Zellers was torn down and the South End one is closed.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They closed a Zellers here in Sudbury a while ago and it's supposed to turn into a Target, but I don't actually know if that's happened yet. Maybe I should check.
1UPCWTn.png

http://www.target.ca/en/locations/

zroid

Banned
Oh right, when was the Target grand opening? I think first week of April, but can't remember if it happened already or not.

edit: should have checked last page :p

zroid

Banned
They've already had a soft launch of a bunch of stores but the "Grand Opening" is today.

Ah, alright. Yeah I've been waiting for the grand openings since I assume there wouldn't be any advertised deals until then (now).

By the way in addition to the 3DS stuff posted earlier, there's also the Skylanders Giants starter set for $69.99 w/ $25 gift card, as well as a Target exclusive Skylander toy for $9.99

Kazerei

Banned
Target: $10 gift card with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or NSMB2.

I might buy Luigi and turn around and flip the gift card for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as well. If they'll let me.

edit: Oh, $50 GC with 3DS XL purchase too.

iYMWKmeIbicjA.png

Is it possible to price match this deal at FS/BB?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is it possible to price match this deal at FS/BB?

According to Futureshop's policy online.

Does Future Shop price match "free gift with purchase" offers?
No. Future Shop does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

Whether, or not the card counts as a 'free gift' I don't know, but I wouldn't count on being able to match it.

LakeEarth

Damn, the Target in my city (London ON) have almost been wiped clean and it's 11am day 1 of the deal. The games are gone, and there are only pink 3DS XL's left (as if to just tease me).

Are there any XL shells that'll hide the pink? I know I'm being vain but ...

Fuzzy

Damn, the Target in my city (London ON) have almost been wiped clean and it's 11am day 1 of the deal. The games are gone, and there are only pink 3DS XL's left (as if to just tease me).

The ad says the deal is only for the Red or Blue ones.

zroid

Banned

If you were in Toronto, I'd offer to trade my blue launch XL for it :p

the pink one is my fave

Fuzzy

How does that work?

To get US Netflix through your PS3 you just have to do into your network setting on the PS3 and change the DSN settings. Very easy.

Check on Youtube for instructions. Video I used was by someone named "Everything4tech"

and the DNS numbers that are working for me now are

Was using it yesterday. You may have to update the Netflix app. I did once I switched the settings.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon at Target and then immediately flipped my $20 gift card for $20 worth of Nintendo points (which might become Toki Tori). Good deal.

Quick

Banned
I was in a mall earlier today with a Zellers built in. It wasn't sealed off, but the glass doors were closed and everything inside was gone. That was probably the cleanest I've seen of Zellers.

zroid

Banned
I was in a mall earlier today with a Zellers built in. It wasn't sealed off, but the glass doors were closed and everything inside was gone. That was probably the cleanest I've seen of Zellers.

Heh, the first thing I thought when I heard Target was taking over Zellers stores was "oh god, they're going to be filthy".

Having not actually been inside a Target yet, I'm still having difficulty accepting that these former Zellers will actually be kempt (presumably).

DaBoss

Last time I checked, which was probably a bit over a month ago, the Zellers close to me was still pretty busy. It also opened up late last year.

Quick

Banned
Heh, the first thing I thought when I heard Target was taking over Zellers stores was "oh god, they're going to be filthy".

Having not actually been inside a Target yet, I'm still having difficulty accepting that these former Zellers will actually be kempt (presumably).

The Target close to me is a standalone building. It was an older Zellers, and it was absolutely filthy. The walls and ceiling were grey - not white, grey. That's how much dirt accumulated through the years. You could barely find employees, and everything just looked depressing.

The moment Zellers closed, a construction crew came and actually destroyed the inside completely and rebuilt from the shell. Having been to a Target in the US, it's virtually identical (and clean!).

They started hiring from the ground up, I'm assuming to weed out the "old guards" and get people to buy to a new philosophy, rather than just cutting and pasting Target over Zellers.

Cheerilee

The Zellers at my local mall is all sealed off. I can't imagine what they have to do to clean off 20+ years of gunk.

New drywall (maybe a few rearranged walls), new ceiling, new flooring, new paint, new lighting, new fixtures... *boom*, you won't even recognize the place.

Can be done in a month.

Quick

Banned
New drywall (maybe a few rearranged walls), new ceiling, new flooring, new paint, new lighting, new fixtures... *boom*, you won't even recognize the place.

Can be done in a month.

Took 3-4 months for the Zellers close to me to turn into Target. :p

Then again, they ripped everything out from the inside.

Mikey Jr.

Thank God Zellers is dead. That shit was a blight on our country. The whole place felt second class to me. Its like if Bi-Way became a huge national chain (a big store), but still retained the ghettoness.

Gila

If I pre-order a game from BB and get the 800 RZ points. And then I return the game back (still sealed) will I still have my RZ points from it? If they don't let a refund can I get it in the form of a gift card?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
If I pre-order a game from BB and get the 800 RZ points. And then I return the game back (still sealed) will I still have my RZ points from it? If they don't let a refund can I get it in the form of a gift card?

Pretty sure that you get the RZ points credited to your account 36 days after purchase. The return/refund has a 30 day limited.

zroid

Banned

Pretty sure that you get the RZ points credited to your account 36 days after purchase. The return/refund has a 30 day limited.

yes and no

for the last year or so they've had a bug in the system which remains uncorrected to my knowledge; it makes the 36 day cycle start from the day you placed the pre-order rather than the day the game ships. If you pre-order a game 36+ days before it ships, you'll get the points immediately upon shipment.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
yes and no

for the last year or so they've had a bug in the system which remains uncorrected to my knowledge; it makes the 36 day cycle start from the day you placed the pre-order rather than the day the game ships. If you pre-order a game 36+ days before it ships, you'll get the points immediately upon shipment.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

iphys

Speaking of 800RZ offers, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is $34.99 and qualifies. That's... tempting.

Oh dear. I wasn't going to bite. Now I must ponder. I've never played any DK Country games, and I hear this was good on the Wii, but I fear it will look tiny on the 3DS if it was designed for a console.

Entropia

No One Remembers

The Masonville one or the Westmount one? The Westmount one has been fairly calm the couple times I went this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom