• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I saw a rumour posted on that Nintendo site you Go to.

Apparently GameStop is going to take off the refurbished fee for all traded hardware, and then proceed to sell them back as per usual.

The hell? :|

Ultra shitty if true.

zroid

Banned
I realized I should clarify, apparently it's just for the old 360 and PS3 models, as well as all handhelds.

It sounds like their "justification" is the failure rates are too high and they were getting burned, even when it seemed like the systems were in good condition. So they're going to assume there's something wrong with them, but not actually do anything about it and just sell them as-is.

I'm hanging in there for now. Since I live by myself and the fact that I do not know anybody here,

1. I need to make friends.
2. I need to learn French.

Those two are kinda linked to each other too.

Hey, a fellow Montrealer! We should do some Montreal Gaf meeting at some point, could be fun to meet each other.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey, a fellow Montrealer! We should do some Montreal Gaf meeting at some point, could be fun to meet each other.
I kind of hope Montreal GAF can organize and get together before Vancouver GAF can get their act together. Shame those guys. :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
We're onto TOGaf 4.0 in two weeks. Even Kitchener/Waterloo is onto their first one. You guys are all slacking.
I'm too lazy to show up to the Toronto ones but I can't help but laugh at what happened with the Vancouver meetup they tried to do.

btkadams

But I'm left with the pink XL....even my wife made fun of me. :(

dude the pink xl is dope. it's what i got. i ended up putting a skin on it though... i ordered from gelaskins and just put the skin on the outside, leaving the white on the inside. it looks great, imo.

ok5oFVb.png

Returners

Any sites to import JPN/ASIA games other than play-asia or yesasia? Kinda looking for a specific game that they both aren't carrying.

LakeEarth

When I was out on Friday, the Target at Victoria Park and Danforth was fully stocked with Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and a bunch of Red / Blue 3DS XLs. Maybe not now though.

I should note that the Target in my area has been open for like a month, so it wasn't it's actual grand opening (though they told me it was when I walked in the door). That might have an impact on their 3DS stock at the time.

dude the pink xl is dope. it's what i got. i ended up putting a skin on it though... i ordered from gelaskins and just put the skin on the outside, leaving the white on the inside. it looks great, imo.

ok5oFVb.png

Do those skins come off easy?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you can use a $10 off receipt coupon in conjunction with a price match at Future Shop?

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations for Rdio yesterday. This is a fantastic service. They have every artist I've ever listened to. The selection is pretty amazing, and the quality is great. I love the fact that I can add any album to my collection and I can listen through it anytime (well, assuming I have a data connection). I definitely think I'll be paying the $10/mo for this.

edit: except no Metallica. No big surprise there, though.

image.php

Ok, first you need to change that avatar, at least the lower right corner of it. ;)

Hey, atleast I do not go walking around with a Bruins jersey. Just on GAF is fine I think.

Hey man, if you need help, holla, I'll help you out, show you the town.

Check your PM.

That's pretty much what I was going to suggest, we can't let a fellow gaffer suffer from loneliness around here!

Thanks for the lift up. I am usually free on the weekends, so I'm definitely down for a meet up.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hey, atleast I do not go walking around with a Bruins jersey. Just on GAF is fine I think.

Check your PM.

Thanks for the lift up. I am usually free on the weekends, so I'm definitely down for a meet up.

I'm so up for coming into Montreal for a day for a GAF meetup! If someone organizes, I will come. I'd organize it, but I'm sure ya'll know better than I do which restaurants/bars would be best. My culinary experiences in downtown Montreal have been less than stellar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

ok5oFVb.png
Whoa, a console/handheld skin that doesn't look bad?

Is this real life?

zroid

Banned
standard retail promos have finally caught up with the $150 price ($50 off + $50 tsilon) I got back in June last year :p

although I guess this is technically not a promo, it's a clearance markdown

btkadams

Where?

Surely not the pastel nightmare in that quoted image?

;)

I think I'd accidentally blind people on the subway if I whipped that thing out.
Hey, it's not my fault if people are blinded by my clothes and/or devices. Natural selection is just weeding their bad taste out of society.

DaBoss

Got a Target flyer and seen these.

Target is giving a $50 gift card when you purchase a Wii U Deluxe system ($349.99).

They also have $20 off for these Wii U games:
Assassin's Creed III $39.99
Zombi U $39.99
Just Dance 4 $29.99

SickBoy

Reserved a Vita at the Best Buy near my work. Not 100% sure I'll pick up, but pretty sure... it was on my wish list and the price is right.

My problem with Target is the same with Zellers. Have a functional and useful website.

I expect it will come after they're clear of much of their cross-Canada launch. Still early days yet.

Seems like companies are often slow on this front -- took a surprisingly long time before Walmart.ca was of any use (like, is it maybe within the last 18 months that they launched?)

EDIT: Yeah, looks like October 2011... hopefully Target's a little quicker on the draw. (Notably, The Bay now has an online store, too... so maybe even Zellers would've by now :)

Jessicat

Any sites to import JPN/ASIA games other than play-asia or yesasia? Kinda looking for a specific game that they both aren't carrying.
You can try these places:
Amiami: http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/video_games.html
CD Japan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/game/index.html
Nippon Yasan: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/25-japanese-video-game-import
Nin-Nin-Game: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/
Rakuten [Global side ships to Canada]: http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?&m=false&uc=true&vm=2&f=1&sm=0&k=&tl=101205

Not sure if you were looking for something current or retro/second-hand, I put down some sites for both, hope this helps!

Ondore

Flyer stuff:

Best Buy
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $39.99 (Xbox/PS3)
PS3 Crystal White Bundle (500GB, 1yr PS+) $279.99 - includes Tomb Raider
Buy 250GB Xbox for $299, get one of Metal Gear Rising/Gears of War Judgement/Tomb Raider/BLOPS 2 free
12 months Live Gold $44.99
Halo 4 $39.99
Dishonored $29.99
Ni no Kuni $49.99
Persona 4 Golden $29.99
Preorder Injustice (360/PS3/WiiU) get 800 RZ points
Trade 2 for $60 GC (list here)

Future Shop
Free steelbook case with Injustice (360/PS3/WiiU)
Trade 2 for $60 gift cards (list here)
Skylanders single character $8.99, 3-pack $21.99, Wii starter kit $59.99
500GB PS3 bundle w/1yr PS+ $279.99 - includes Hitman: Absolution
Vita Declassified bundle includes Reality Fighters ($249.99)
Dishonored $29.99
Ni no Kuni $49.99
250GB Xbox 360 for $299.99 includes one of Tomb Raider, MGR, Gears of War Judgement, Halo 4
250GB HD w/Lego Star Wars 3 $119.99
Xbox headset $19.99
COD Black Ops 2 PS3/360 $39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom