• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im posting this here because Im looking to make a local sale.

I'm selling a WiiU and because Ive bought everything digitally, it comes with all the games.

Im looking for $450 and the contents are as follows:

Deluxe WiiU in mint condition.

Games:
New Super Mario
Nintendoland
ZombiU
Nees For Speed
Arkham City
Fist of the North Star
Ninja Gaiden 3
Monster Hunter 3
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Racing

Toki Tori
Runner 2
Cave
Nano Assault
Trine 2
Mighty Switch force

The games are tied to the console so you can download them with a different account.

If anyone is interested let me know via PM. Im located in York Region (Woodbridge area).

Edit: Not sure if there is a problem listing the digital games, since im selling the console and they happen to be tied to it.

namDa65

Ok now I am angry. I bought DJmax from play asia last month and paid for shipping at checkout with FEDEX.

Today FEDEX sends me a bill for shipping I already paid for. Seriously. Not buying from play-asia again, now I have to make an effort and try and clear this up with them.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ok now I am angry. I bought DJmax from play asia last month and paid for shipping at checkout with FEDEX.

Today FEDEX sends me a bill for shipping I already paid for. Seriously. Not buying from play-asia again, now I have to make an effort and try and clear this up with them.

Haha, sounds like Fedex. You sure the bill isn't for customs and brokerage fees?

Lexxism

Haha, sounds like Fedex. You sure the bill isn't for customs and brokerage fees?

Looks like it's your first time using FedEx. Like what isny said, that's customs and brokerage. UPS do the same thing if your order is above $20. Never ever use those couriers if you are going to buy outside Canada. They will definitely charge you.

Gadirok

So im posting this here because Im looking to make a local sale.

I'm selling a WiiU and because Ive bought everything digitally, it comes with all the games.

Im looking for $450 and the contents are as follows:

Deluxe WiiU in mint condition.

Games:
New Super Mario
Nintendoland
ZombiU
Nees For Speed
Arkham City
Fist of the North Star
Ninja Gaiden 3
Monster Hunter 3
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Racing

Toki Tori
Runner 2
Cave
Nano Assault
Trine 2
Mighty Switch force

The games are tied to the console so you can download them with a different account.

If anyone is interested let me know via PM. Im located in York Region (Woodbridge area).

Edit: Not sure if there is a problem listing the digital games, since im selling the console and they happen to be tied to it.

Why are you selling the console?

vulva

This is kind of a stretch about gaming related deals but I'm hoping someone can help. It looks like I'm flying from Toronto to Vegas for a street fighter tournament in July. Does anyone know of any legitimate websites for flight discounts and/or cheap prices? I'm flying out July 11th and back on the 15th. Any money I can save is huge since I'm doing this in the middle of a Spring/Summer semester =\

cjkeats

Looks like it's your first time using FedEx. Like what isny said, that's customs and brokerage. UPS do the same thing if your order is above $20. Never ever use those couriers if you are going to buy outside Canada. They will definitely charge you.

So that's what that bill from UPS was I got a month after I got a pair of shoes I ordered. I just assumed it was for whatever the dude took my credit card for at the door. Checked my card, and I was charged so I just ignored it. whoops.

SickBoy

This is kind of a stretch about gaming related deals but I'm hoping someone can help. It looks like I'm flying from Toronto to Vegas for a street fighter tournament in July. Does anyone know of any legitimate websites for flight discounts and/or cheap prices? I'm flying out July 11th and back on the 15th. Any money I can save is huge since I'm doing this in the middle of a Spring/Summer semester =\

This isn't going to give you any significant discounts, but it will point you in the right direction of who has the cheapest flights: http://www.google.com/flights/explorer

I would look into Priceline/Hotwire if you need hotel deals.

Sunwing.ca does charters to Vegas, so there may be a deal there as well, though I think they're mainly flight/hotel packages.

So that's what that bill from UPS was I got a month after I got a pair of shoes I ordered. I just assumed it was for whatever the dude took my credit card for at the door. Checked my card, and I was charged so I just ignored it. whoops.

The best U.S. online retailers calculate and charge brokerage/duty etc. when they calculate shipping these days. I don't know how comfortable I'd be ordering a big ticket item from a place that didn't.

isny

napkin dispenser

Yapta is really your best option. I've saved thousands of dollars because of that site <3

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have the following promo code for Futureshop.ca:

- $20 off The Last Of Us preorder

Can only be used online, no in store pick ups.

First PM gets it.

Lexxism

Yeah, probably. I think using USPS will be the best choice to use if you are ordering in the US. They take longer shipping(like 10-15 days I think) than FedEx or UPS but there's less chances of being charge of duty and brokerage.

That's why I always choose the standard shipping whenever it is available to avoid these charges. I don't mind waiting weeks to get my items since I'm definitely save a few bucks.

krae_man

Still on the fence about Soul Sacrifice. Guess I'll try the demo next week and decide if I want to buy it with the Tsilon code or not.

Also LOL at that Vita deal where you get a $10 game free.

zroid

Banned

Oh it's for Future Shop by the way, in case you weren't aware. :)

Still on the fence about Soul Sacrifice. Guess I'll try the demo next week and decide if I want to buy it with the Tsilon code or not.

Also LOL at that Vita deal where you get a $10 game free.

I'm still on the fence too, but I already have a $28 pre-order from Best Buy I placed months ago. I'm probably going to just keep it though. Not sold on the game yet, but eh. It's something to play on Vita, right? :p

Canada gaf
I need some advice, a guy is selling me a vita for 150 on kijiji I am just wondering he said he doesn't have a receipt (it was a gift) so what happens if it turns out stolen. Am in trouble.

Canada gaf
I need some advice, a guy is selling me a vita for 150 on kijiji I am just wondering he said he doesn't have a receipt (it was a gift) so what happens if it turns out stolen. Am in trouble.

Straight for the Canadian law:

Possession of property obtained by crime

354. (1) Every one commits an offence who has in his possession any property or thing or any proceeds of any property or thing knowing that all or part of the property or thing or of the proceeds was obtained by or derived directly or indirectly from

(a) the commission in Canada of an offence punishable by indictment; or

(b) an act or omission anywhere that, if it had occurred in Canada, would have constituted an offence punishable by indictment.

So I guess it mean that you are in trouble if you knew or had decent suspicion that it was a stolen item. You might also lose your Vita if they catch the guy and go all the way up to you I think. (Not sure on the last one).

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
If anyone wants Tsilon invites I have 2 left. It's where all of us get these free $10 to $20 off promo codes alongside other discount and DLC perks.

Basically you start at level zero and answer some game related trivia questions to reach level 10 (takes about 3-4 hours). After that you have access to the main site. Some perks require level 20 and some higher but the "daily" challenges let you quickly raise your level.

schlew

If anyone wants Tsilon invites I have 2 left. It's where all of us get these free $10 to $20 off promo codes alongside other discount and DLC perks.

Basically you start at level zero and answer some game related trivia questions to reach level 10 (takes about 3-4 hours). After that you have access to the main site. Some perks require level 20 and some higher but the "daily" challenges let you quickly raise your level.

I'll take one. I know if benefits you, and you probably don't want to waste them, so let me ask this: how long do I have to answer those trivia questions? Can I attack them piece meal, or do I need to set aside a few hours of time in one go?

Canada gaf

You used to be able to buy Vita's for $150 on Futureshop using a $50 tsilon.ca promotion along with the $50 off promotion in June last year, leading to the price being $150.

Here's my order from then:
how%20could%20I%20say%20no.png

It's very possible that they could have used that promotion to get a Vita for $150

Gadirok

Canada gaf

I bought my vita for $150 used in September off kijiji too. Guy gave me a 4gb and uncharted:golden abyss along with it. Guy didn't give me a receipt and the box was in bad condition too.

He even had a screen protector already applied on it, which was nicely done.

I've definitely gotten my $150 out of it. It gets minimum 3 hours use each day even when I'm not playing it (my mom uses it for ToM:Blitz, almost to 100 hours...).

I honestly have treated mines like shit though. I remember back as a intern the vita fell out of my pocket and hit the pavement. Nothing happened to the screen. But the side of it thouugh. Ugh. It just got a sharp scratch on that side hinge where you are supposed to hook up a wrist band or something.

I felt so bad for not keeping a case for it.

I promised myself I would get one, but I am honestly waiting and hoping Sony announces a new version for the vita while pricedropping all the old ones. I would sell mines on the local classifieds in a heart beat to get my hands on a new iteration. I'll get everything for it too.

zroid

Banned
I'll take one. I know if benefits you, and you probably don't want to waste them, so let me ask this: how long do I have to answer those trivia questions? Can I attack them piece meal, or do I need to set aside a few hours of time in one go?

There are no time restrictions. To get access to (most of) the perks, you need to get to level 10, and then complete 1 challenge. It's really easy to reach level 10, it shouldn't take you more than about 30 minutes of answering those trivia questions. As for the challenges, they vary in difficulty and time commitment. As little as 5-10 minutes on a free browser or iOS game to finishing a long RPG. A new challenge is added each day and there's a one week window to complete them.

Lexxism

Do BB/FS have a promo when buying 2 or more prepaid cards? I remember buying a 2 $20 3ds prepaid card and they charge me for $38.8.

SickBoy

They're not listed on Future Shop or Best Buy's site any more, but apparently it was the price at both retailers. You might be able to find it in store.

It's how I finally wound up with a Vita -- managed to reserve one via Bestbuy.ca at one of my local stores (they were out of stock on shelf, so I wonder if they've been picked over by now).

Gadirok

They're not listed on Future Shop or Best Buy's site any more, but apparently it was the price at both retailers. You might be able to find it in store.

It's how I finally wound up with a Vita -- managed to reserve one via Bestbuy.ca at one of my local stores (they were out of stock on shelf, so I wonder if they've been picked over by now).

If you got one reserved and got confirmation then you are fine.

I remember reserving the dualshock 3 combos (infamous collection and god of war collection) when they went for 39.99.

If I didn't reserve them I definitely wouldn't have gotten my hands on one.

After several failed deals and 2 years of waiting, I finally got my hands on a second dualshock for my PS3. No more wired nyko shit for me. 2 player official wireless feels great.

bobeth

Canada gaf

Even if the guy gets arrested (for whatever reason), nobody's going to bother to track you down for such an insignificant transaction. Just buy it, you worry way too much..

Gadirok

Even if the guy gets arrested (for whatever reason), nobody's going to bother to track you down for such an insignificant transaction. Just buy it, you worry way too much..

I sell my games on kijiji all the time. Books and other stuff too. Never bothered giving receipts to people, even in some cases where I still had the thing as brand new.

Its not as if I stole it or anything, but I don't understand the importance of the receipt unless you are returning it anyways.

I had a guy give me his receipt for Battlefield 3 a year ago when I was purchasing it off him for $20. Don't know why he felt as if I needed it, since he got the game at launch and it was useless to me.

Alright, I need some advice from PC (Canada) GAF.

My laptop just died and I'm looking to get another one. However, I also have a nice 24 inch 1080p monitor I wouldn't mind using as well, so I'm also considering getting a desktop (or net top) PC for that.

Here's what I'm needing:

Laptop: has to be light, has to have a battery that lasts at least 6 hours unplugged. Assuming I get a desktop/nettop, then the laptop would primarily be used for Word processing, watching videos on the go, and plugging into my 720p HDTV for movie viewing at home. My laptop that just died was an Acer Timeline (light, 8 hours of battery), and was near-perfect for my needs.

PC: Pretty much the only caveat is price, though I do like the net top's portability/small surface space. I've been looking at the ASUS EEE Box's (Acer has one as well). The only problem is I know jack all about computer specs, so I don't really know how to judge or compare their power. On my home computer, I'd primarily use it for internet browsing, document stuff, but also on occasion Photoshop and perhaps down the road video editing.

I've considered a Mac Mini, but I don't think I'm ready to jump into Mac OS yet. I've just grown far too comfortable with Windows.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

iphys

Canada gaf

A lot of people do sell gifts they don't want, because they don't want to say anything, so I wouldn't necessarily assume it is stolen just because there is no receipt.

When my uncle was a boy he bought a football off a kid that turned out to be stolen, and the police actually showed up at the house and took the football away, so yeah, you could theoretically lose it if it was stolen and they tracked you down somehow, but that's about the worst that could happen unless you somehow got framed for stealing it.

Firestorm

This is kind of a stretch about gaming related deals but I'm hoping someone can help. It looks like I'm flying from Toronto to Vegas for a street fighter tournament in July. Does anyone know of any legitimate websites for flight discounts and/or cheap prices? I'm flying out July 11th and back on the 15th. Any money I can save is huge since I'm doing this in the middle of a Spring/Summer semester =
I think most of us know what Evo is ;) Also keep an eye on http://yyzdeals.com

Canada gaf

Straight for the Canadian law:

So I guess it mean that you are in trouble if you knew or had decent suspicion that it was a stolen item. You might also lose your Vita if they catch the guy and go all the way up to you I think. (Not sure on the last one).

Oh fuck!

I just got an iPad 4 WiFi 32GB for $450 sealed off Kijiji. I thought I was getting it for a steal.

I now wonder if that is stolen and if I would get in trouble.

Not that I can do anything about it now...

RS4-

Phones are one of the few things you should be worried about in general when you buy off RFD, kijiji, etc. Some piece of shit might just report it stolen after and get the imei blacklisted.

Also thanks for the plane ticket sites.

SickBoy

i wonder if you can price match the target one $349 with the futureshop one and will still get the $50 giftvoucher at target making it 269?

That would be pretty sweet... no Target here yet, but every time I see a deal on the Wii U (ZombiU bundle and now this one) I question whether the Basic at $199 was the right choice... still pretty confident in it... but I am kinda curious when a legit, long-term price drop will happen (seems "soon" is the likely answer)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
i wonder if you can price match the target one $349 with the futureshop one and will still get the $50 giftvoucher at target making it 269?
No, FS/BB doesn't match free gift with purchase deals. Even if they did, they wouldn't give you their lower price + Target's GC deal.

Mikey Jr.

Thanks man I don't wanna risk it.

Guy, no offense, don't be a puss.

Police aren't staking out his house because he is selling a Vita on kijiji. Just because he says he doesn't have a receipt doesn't mean its stolen. I could sell you my 1 year old PSP and couldn't give you the receipt. Doesn't mean its stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom