• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

Quick question: I'm spring cleaning and found a 360 AC adapter/power cord.
Will EB give me a couple of bucks for it, or should I just toss it?

damn, i dunno what happened , but when i put my last of us code (which worked yesterday) to order the game, it refuses it now :S but i havent used it yet! :"(((

if anyone have a spare code that they're not using, it'd be greatly appriciated :pPPPPP

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
damn, i dunno what happened , but when i put my last of us code (which worked yesterday) to order the game, it refuses it now :S but i havent used it yet! :"(((

if anyone have a spare code that they're not using, it'd be greatly appriciated :pPPPPP
That sucks. I just placed my $20 TLoU order (GoW:A code + tsilon code).

1KEDYKc.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
you lucky dog ! :c
What's even better is that I used a $20 off tsilon code on GoW:A also. So for $75 + tax I got the following.

($40) God of War Assension
($0) 30 days of PS+ added to my account
($15) $5 off of a $20 game (I used it on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault which I was on the fence about but getting R&C: Deadlocked HD for free when it's released pushed me over at that price)
($20) The Last of Us

What's even better is that I used a $20 off tsilon code on GoW:A also. So for $75 + tax I got the following.

($15) $5 off of a $20 game (I used it on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault which I was on the fence about but getting R&C: Deadlocked HD for free when it's released pushed me over at that price)
($20) The Last of Us

you Sly dog! :0

i need to pay attention to this thread more often!

($20) The Last of Us

Those are some good games too. Not sure if I will get to play The Last Of Us on day 1 but it is my most excited title for this year so far.

zroid

Banned

1KEDYKc.png

Dammit. I didn't get a TLOU code for my GOWA preorder, but I didn't bother nagging Future Shop to send me one since I'd already got a $40 pre-order from E3.

I guess that was a mistake. :(

frequency

1KEDYKc.png

I did the same thing a couple days ago. I asked the Misters just in case to see if it was okay because there were issues stacking promos I think in the past. They said it was okay.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here deal with maximuscards.com at all?

I tried ordering some eShop points off them, but I have one of the new Visa Debit cards from TD, and their system would only accept debit cards with 13 numbers, as opposed to the 16 my new card has.

The order couldn't go through, but I found out yesterday that I was actually charged for the order, except I hadn't recieved any code from them. I emailed them, and recieved this unhelpful reply:

Hi,
>
> We apologize for the inconvenience.
> Your order didn't go through
> Please try to replace a new order and proceed it until submit.
> You may also contact your bank or credit card issuer to resolve the problem.
> Thanks for your business.

No mention of a possible refund. I replied, asking about refunds, or a code, and nothing. Sent another email early today and still have yet to hear back from them.

Anyone know of any deals on Deadly Premonition Directors Cut? A part of me refuses to pay double what I paid for the original, despite loving it on 360 and it still not even being full price.

zroid

Banned
Finally went to Target. Wasn't looking for anything in particular, just happened to be passing by so I stopped for a browse. I was amused to see an inordinately large number of copies of Tales of the Abyss 3D. For some reason.

Lurkee

Neo Member
Anyone here deal with maximuscards.com at all?

I tried ordering some eShop points off them, but I have one of the new Visa Debit cards from TD, and their system would only accept debit cards with 13 numbers, as opposed to the 16 my new card has.

The order couldn't go through, but I found out yesterday that I was actually charged for the order, except I hadn't recieved any code from them. I emailed them, and recieved this unhelpful reply:

No mention of a possible refund. I replied, asking about refunds, or a code, and nothing. Sent another email early today and still have yet to hear back from them.

That sucks. Are you sure the charge went through though? I know you have a debit card, but the way credit cards work is that you'll see a temporary authorization for an order you made/tried making when you check your account online. If it's a mistake, then the charge should drop off your account in a few days. It's best for you to call your bank and ask if the charge went through or if it it's a temporary authorization. Merchants will create temporary authorizations on your card in order to ensure that you have enough credit/funds to process the order. Hope that helps.

Also, I'm not sure how secure Visa debit cards are, but if you're able to, I'd highly recommend you getting and using a credit card instead. If you're able to manage your money, and only spend money you have, then a credit card can give you greater benefits than your debit card. First, it'll offer better theft protection and security (if someone steals your credit card and uses it, a simple call to Visa/Mastercard will cancel it and get you your credit back, whereas with a debit card, it's your own funds on the line). Second, some cards offer extended warranty on purchases. And third, (cash back) rewards are awesome.

So do Vita memory cards ever go on sale? I have $40 of gift certs for Bestbuy and I really reallllly need one.

EB Games has started selling used Vita memory cards for decent prices (what they should've been selling at originally, IMO). Call around to see if they have the size you want in stock.

Quick

Banned
And side-note on Vita cards: their trade in value is the size of the card in dollars, lol.

32GB = $32
16GB = $16
8GB = $8

SickBoy

Finally went to Target. Wasn't looking for anything in particular, just happened to be passing by so I stopped for a browse. I was amused to see an inordinately large number of copies of Tales of the Abyss 3D. For some reason.

Surely this must mean Tales of the Abyss 3D will be the first test bed for whether Target's clearance policy operates in a similar manner to U.S. stores.

sikkinixx

EB Games has started selling used Vita memory cards for decent prices (what they should've been selling at originally, IMO). Call around to see if they have the size you want in stock.

Yeah I checked around. I can only find 8GB cards used. Gotta do at least a 16gb.

I'm crossing my fingers that the "select games" at Futureshop include Pandora's Tower and Soul Hackers.

Judging from the image, most of the games they will be using will be pre-Christmas titles. I do see MLB 13 and Hitman in there as well. Although, I've seen Hitman in bomba sales a few times this year.

Returners

I might only bite on Far Cry 3 and XCOM and something that comes along. Already got MLB13 with the EB promo of Vita + PS3 20 bucks off.

Sulla1980

Man, Kijiji dealers can be so flaky. I set up a time to buy something, and poof, they disappear.

Anyway, if anyone would like a code from TSILON for the Last of Us or Soul Sacrifice, I have one of each and don't intend on using them. Please send a PM.

Edit: Last of us gone, just soul sacrifice left.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That sucks. Are you sure the charge went through though? I know you have a debit card, but the way credit cards work is that you'll see a temporary authorization for an order you made/tried making when you check your account online. If it's a mistake, then the charge should drop off your account in a few days. It's best for you to call your bank and ask if the charge went through or if it it's a temporary authorization. Merchants will create temporary authorizations on your card in order to ensure that you have enough credit/funds to process the order. Hope that helps.

Also, I'm not sure how secure Visa debit cards are, but if you're able to, I'd highly recommend you getting and using a credit card instead. If you're able to manage your money, and only spend money you have, then a credit card can give you greater benefits than your debit card. First, it'll offer better theft protection and security (if someone steals your credit card and uses it, a simple call to Visa/Mastercard will cancel it and get you your credit back, whereas with a debit card, it's your own funds on the line). Second, some cards offer extended warranty on purchases. And third, (cash back) rewards are awesome

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I'd love to have a credit card for online purchases, but nobody wants to give me one.

Socreges

Banned
Is it really the last day to get a free game when buying Luigis Mansion? Got an email saying as much, but I thought I was good until the 30th.

If there are any other The Last of Us codes floating around, I wouldn't mind one.

Also, does anyone know if Club Nintendo has a set time where they roll out new stuff? I feel like there's a lot less up there now than say 4-5 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom