• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you perform a price match? Place an order and then call up Best Buy to get them to do it? Does Best Buy charge upon shipping or during order placement?

Yeah. That's what I did: I called them up after placing an online order. I called them again after that comment, by the way, and apparently they place a note in the system so it doesn't show in your online order status...

According to the representative, when the game arrives, my card will be charged the full pr ice and then refunded later.... Or something to that effect ;x

zroid

Banned
Yeah. That's what I did: I called them up after placing an online order. I called them again after that comment, by the way, and apparently they place a note in the system so it doesn't show in your online order status...

According to the representative, when the game arrives, my card will be charged the full pr ice and then refunded later.... Or something to that effect ;x

I think if you do the PM after your card is charged (which is usually how it works for non pre-orders), then they issue a refund. But I'm pretty sure that won't happen here: we'll just get charged the right amount when it ships.

Does Best Buy charge upon shipping or during order placement?

When it ships

Sora_N

Random Sony Playstation Clearance sale guys. 75% off those items, free shipping.

If you have a MBNA Sony Mastercard you can use your points, but minimum 3000 points have to be used.

http://store.sony.ca/

(Source: RFD)

I really wanted to use my points but it looks like I can't, there's nothing I want. I'm just going to pay $5 for the 4gb Vita Memory Card. I was going to buy Starhawk too but bleh, I would have to use up points for a game I don't really want and then get 3 more Vita Memory cards as fillers which I doubt I'll use.

Preorder The Last of Us at Bestbuy, get $50 off Elite headphones.

gBiFo0W.jpg

Also the email is pimping Watch Dogs hard. But you can't preorder it for next gen systems yet. I wonder if my Preorder from last year can be switched to the PS4 version? Probably not.

Edit: Futureshop and Bestbuy's preorder pages are starting to resemble last years E3 pages. Hopefully they have some awesome preorder deals again. The Wii stuff is great "Mario 3D" "Zelda" "Wii U X" "Mario Kart U"

Wii U X?

Damn. I kind of want those elite headphones.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Futureshop and Bestbuy's preorder pages are starting to resemble last years E3 pages. Hopefully they have some awesome preorder deals again. The Wii stuff is great "Mario 3D" "Zelda" "Wii U X" "Mario Kart U"

Damn... If tsilon brings back the $20 off preorders perk, I'm gonna spend waaaaay too much money this year...

No, I'm gonna SAVE so much money, yeah, that's how I should see it...!

iphys

How does the 20 x $180 points translate in cash? I don't have a points card but I could sign up for one.

You'd get 35800 points. 38000 points can be redeemed for $65, but I recommend trying to save up 50000, which is regularly worth $85, but frequently worth $100 at bonus redemption events. If you really want to just reach the 38000, you could buy $200 in Shoppers gift cards to pay for your XL to get an extra 2000 points and then just throw in a cheap filler item with the XL worth a cent or more to get the last 200 points.

Does anyone know what the etiquette is for lost packages on Amazon.ca's sellercentral? I sold a newish game for $40, shipped it through regular mail April 1st and the guy says he never got it.

He wants a refund. What do I do? Any point in trying to get Canada Post to track down the mail? There's no tracking.

isny

napkin dispenser
Does anyone know what the etiquette is for lost packages on Amazon.ca's sellercentral? I sold a newish game for $40, shipped it through regular mail April 1st and the guy says he never got it.

He wants a refund. What do I do? Any point in trying to get Canada Post to track down the mail? There's no tracking.

Learn from your mistake and send using expedited next time?

frequency

Learn from your mistake and send using expedited next time?

Amazon takes a fee and gives you like $4.99 for shipping.

So say you sell for $45, Amazon takes about $10. So you have $35 + $5 for shipping.

Shipping oversized lettermail is about $2.20. So selling for $45 you get get $38.

If you want to mail it with tracking? $12 shipping. So you make like $28 on a $45 sale.

Edit:
Here are some real numbers.

Listing: $45
Shipping credit: CDN$4.99
Amazon fees: CDN$9.59
Total received if sold: CDN$40.40

Oversized Lettermail: $2.20
Total: $38.20

With tracking: $11.45
Total: $28.95

isny

napkin dispenser
Amazon takes 15% and gives you like $4.99 for shipping.

So say you sell for $45, Amazon takes about $10. So you have $35 + $5 for shipping.

Shipping oversized lettermail is about $2.20. So selling for $45 you get get $38.

If you want to mail it with tracking? $12 shipping. So you make like $28 on a $45 sale.

Expedited is like $7.00

Still better to make $33 on a $45 sale than to refund the $45 completely and lose your sale. Ebay and Amazon are buyer friendly and screw sellers.

Amazon takes 15% and gives you like $4.99 for shipping.

I found out about regular parcel after I shipped it. Comes out to about $8. Will probably use that for games over $30 next time. Think I'll tell him to double check his post office. Seriously, domestic mail just doesn't go missing for no reason.

frequency

Expedited is like $7.00

Still better to make $33 on a $45 sale than to refund the $45 completely and lose your sale. Ebay and Amazon are buyer friendly and screw sellers.

Weird. I recently tried to mail something and those were my 2 options. $2.20, or $11.45 if I want to have tracking on it. Maybe the person there gave me wrong information.

I found out about regular parcel after I shipped it. Comes out to about $8. Will probably use that for games over $30 next time. Think I'll tell him to double check his post office. Seriously, domestic mail just doesn't go missing for no reason.

Canada post managed to lose 2 parcels from Nintendo last Christmas. They lost my Platinum reward and a gold nunchuk. Canada Post is kind of terrible. I hope it works out for you. I'm always so nervous with any mail to/from me in this country.

I need to look into the regular parcel option. The postal worker said no and those were my 2 cheapest options. $2.20 with no tracking or $11.45. I specifically mentioned parcel too and she said no. I didn't ask why "no" though.

Returners

My LEGO I ordered for Easter was gone. Canada post said it delivered but I got nothing.

Didn't think it would go any lower, but The Source now has 3DS @ 129.99 and 3DS XL @ 159.99, $10 cheaper than Wal-Mart's deal that ends today. Deal goes until May 9th, so Price-match that somewhere.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...=Online&category=NDS_Consoles&product=8005117

Just bought a Walmart price-matched 3DS yesterday with some games I traded in. With paper mario it ended up costing me $67.58, now I'm going to go in tomorrow and price-match the new sale to get another $10 off or so.

Bought Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS) for $29.99. Opened it, got the club nintendo pin and then used it for T1 for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen ($39.99) @ FS.

Nice. I noticed futureshop selling pre-owned Mario Kart, Paper Mario and 3D Land for $25, yet you can trade two in for a $60 gift-card, essentially making $10.

wingz

Bought Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS) for $29.99. Opened it, got the club nintendo pin and then used it for T1 for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen ($39.99) @ FS.

Jessicat

Didn't think it would go any lower, but The Source now has 3DS @ 129.99 and 3DS XL @ 159.99, $10 cheaper than Wal-Mart's deal that ends today. Deal goes until May 9th, so Price-match that somewhere.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...=Online&category=NDS_Consoles&product=8005117

Just bought a Walmart price-matched 3DS yesterday with some games I traded in. With paper mario it ended up costing me $67.58, now I'm going to go in tomorrow and price-match the new sale to get another $10 off or so.
Thanks for the tip! Gonna pester Future Shop again and see if I can get another price match, lol

Damn... If tsilon brings back the $20 off preorders perk, I'm gonna spend waaaaay too much money this year...

No, I'm gonna SAVE so much money, yeah, that's how I should see it...!

You know what? I'm not sure if I'm being punked, but you just reminded me. I've been "offered" an invite by no fewer than five people. Each time they either never respond, or keep telling me they need my email address and then never send it on. I've tried using multiple email addresses and have checked my junk mail.

I'm starting to think Tsilon is a figment of my imagination...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
You know what? I'm not sure if I'm being punked, but you just reminded me. I've been "offered" an invite by no fewer than five people. Each time they either never respond, or keep telling me they need my email address and then never send it on. I've tried using multiple email addresses and have checked my junk mail.

I'm starting to think Tsilon is a figment of my imagination...

It's not. I've saved many hundreds of dollars. Probably close to $1000 saved at this point.

I sent an invite to a member 2 weeks ago and he's in as I got the multiplier.

If you want an invite let me know.

Firestorm

I have invites too.

Also we're gonna need a third thread soon. I think all the EB stuff can disappear in the new one. I can't remember the last time we went to EB for a deal... Future Shop and Best Buy should be added for their trade-in promos and I'll talk about their E3 Promos as well. I think a section on tsilon will be useful too. Anyone have other suggestions?

zroid

Banned
I have invites too.

Also we're gonna need a third thread soon. I think all the EB stuff can disappear in the new one. I can't remember the last time we went to EB for a deal... Future Shop and Best Buy should be added for their trade-in promos and I'll talk about their E3 Promos as well. I think a section on tsilon will be useful too. Anyone have other suggestions?

We need to somehow drag this out so thread 3 can be posted on Canada Day again :p

khaaan

If anyone has a Tsilon invite, I'd love one. I've never heard of them until I checked out this thread but I see nothing but good stuff.

Jessicat

Just to follow-up, if you got a PM from Future Shop for the 3DS XL against Walmarts price, they won't match TheSource's price and beat it :/ Ughhhh, not sure if it's worth the hassle to return mine now and buy/PM from somewhere else ;>>

Montreal-GAF:

Heading to your fine city (2nd time in my life) tomorrow. Any recommendations for retro-game shops?

I'd need Anglo-friendly addresses/directions.

Hell--directions would be nice, but just the names and addresses will do (Googling French business names for their addresses never seems to get me anywhere...)

Thanks!

No_Style

I have invites too.

Mention how Canadians can take advantage of Amazon.com digital download sales with the use of a U.S billing address. (Specifically Delaware)

Also you could mention that GameDealsCanada has Facebook & Google Plus pages now.

isny

napkin dispenser
Montreal-GAF:

Heading to your fine city (2nd time in my life) tomorrow. Any recommendations for retro-game shops?

I'd need Anglo-friendly addresses/directions.

Hell--directions would be nice, but just the names and addresses will do (Googling French business names for their addresses never seems to get me anywhere...)

Thanks!

Watcha doing in Montreal?

Gadirok

Preorder The Last of Us at Bestbuy, get $50 off Elite headphones.

gBiFo0W.jpg

Also the email is pimping Watch Dogs hard. But you can't preorder it for next gen systems yet. I wonder if my Preorder from last year can be switched to the PS4 version? Probably not.

Those headphones are amazing. Got them with black ops II launch day when FS had the promo at $150 and sold Black Ops II immediately after so I could save an extra $45.

I use them on my PC all the time, now that I been playing games less often.

I also used them for skype calls across the world, they've become my standard regular headphones now for my PC in general.

Also, I had to ask on the blog a couple times before I realized that the side panel on the back beside volume was for controlling how much you could hear other players and the music. Thats a really cool feature, I kept fiddling around with it when I got it and it confused the hell out of me when peoples mics would increase and music decrease or vice versa, but now it makes perfect sense. Will probably use for starhawk the next time I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom