• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

I bought a Pikachu XL there on launch day, they should do a price adjustment if I still have my receipt right?

They're a moronic company, if you need an adjustment you will have to bring the box/item with you. I'm not even sure if they do adjustments now. The receipt alone wasn't enough when I did it a few years ago.

zroid

Banned
I bought a Pikachu XL there on launch day, they should do a price adjustment if I still have my receipt right?

I don't think they will allow you since (afaik) walmart doesn't have such policy like BB/FS.

if they don't price adjust, you can always buy a new one and return it with the old receipt. that's partly the reason price adjustments exist, because they know people will just do that anyway.

Do you think Pandora's Tower has chances of becoming rare soon? I want to play it eventually, but I'll be out of the country for a month or so, so I thought I might as well wait before I buy more games as they'll probably drop in price before I get a chance to play. But then, I'm afraid this might be another Xenoblade situation where the game will be impossible to find after a few weeks, and eBay prices skyrocket.

It won't be rare like Xenoblade, which only got one print run and was EB-exclusive.

I don't see a lot of demand for it since the Wii is on its last legs (and it seems to be the least popular of the Rainfall games), but it may be hard to find in a few months when retailers start phasing out the Wii.

Ondore

Guys, I was wondering why ebgames dont have the gs exclusive freebie? Did anyone who preordered askes this?

Because we got this one:

ulC0mmn.jpg

Not as bad looking, but I'm still only preordering from whoever doesn't pull this.

Sajjaja

I got an email from FS saying this about my TLOU pre-order.

Just to let you know your pre-order items(s) are currently awaiting the release date. We'll send you a Shipment Notice email as soon as the inventory is ready.

Does that mean anything like they have it in their warehouse? Or is it like a reminder that we got your order?

Vamphuntr

I got an email from FS saying this about my TLOU pre-order.

Does that mean anything like they have it in their warehouse? Or is it like a reminder that we got your order?

They send you this like each 1-2 months when you have preordered something for a long time.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
They send you this like each 1-2 months when you have preordered something for a long time.

Yep. I regularly receive e-mails from Future Shop telling me that The Last Guardian is not out yet. ;__;

zroid

Banned
They really need to just periodically send one aggregate email for all items you have pre-ordered instead of constantly spamming your inbox

I came to post the Walmart price, and 1-up it because Superstore will price match it and tomorrow they are not charing tax. So pick it up and a game for $210.

This is the Superstore in Surrey BC, Guildford area.

Sheik

Haven't seen this discussed here yet but I bet it already has been. Sorry if it has.

Does the EB Games SMT IV "free Upgrade" count for all preorders? I'm really hesitant to spend $55 on a handheld game, but it's sooo tempting...

FluxWaveZ

Haven't seen this discussed here yet but I bet it already has been. Sorry if it has.

Does the EB Games SMT IV "free Upgrade" count for all preorders? I'm really hesitant to spend $55 on a handheld game, but it's sooo tempting...

What do you mean by "free upgrade"? If you mean the limited edition box set, that comes with all first print copies of SMTIV, so you'd be guaranteed one by pre-ordering.

Lexxism

Cool. We are also getting the gs exclusive dlc item but instead of red-and-gold oriental motif in the US, we are getting black-and-red zip-up hoodie instead

Thanks for posting this! :D Will see if I can get BB or FS to price match it~

They will price match it. I already done this a couple of times. You don't have to worry about it. I think you'll get the xl for $166

edit:

Asked, they didn't get any in.

...wait, are we talking about Pandora's Tower?

Sorry, my bad. I was talking about SMTIV.

Because we got this one:

Not as bad looking, but I'm still only preordering from whoever doesn't pull this.

Opps. I didn't see your post. Yeah, I just saw it a little while ago. Yesterday, it wasn't even up yet. That's why I asked if we are getting the exclusive or not.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty much on the verge of pre-ordering SMTIV now, I just need to decide which costume I like best. I'm probably going with the Amazon trenchcoat, I don't even care about the silly logos, it looks badass.

Lexxism

I'm pretty much on the verge of pre-ordering SMTIV now, I just need to decide which costume I like best. I'm probably going with the Amazon trenchcoat, I don't even care about the silly logos, it looks badass.

Wow. You were right. Thanks for the heads up. I think I know where should I buy it :D

oneils

I'm thinking of picking up a second PS 3. I'd like to have one in my home office.

Anyone here know if the best deal going on right now for a PS 3 in canada?

Ok so i got a code for 20$ off preorders back last E3.. put it towards Soul Sacrifice.

So preorder stands at 19.99.

But now i got another code for 10 dollars off Soul Sacrifice.... is it possible to STACK these codes. And apply new code over top of the old without removing it?

(Tsilon.ca codes)

Thanks!

Also I did some research. And it appears code stacking is highly frowned upon and can result in order cancelling?

Furthermore. Could one cancel preorder... then redo order and apply both codes. Or since the E3 code was already applied once it is no longer valid?

Sajjaja

Thanks!

Also I did some research. And it appears code stacking is highly frowned upon and can result in order cancelling?

Furthermore. Could one cancel preorder... then redo order and apply both codes. Or since the E3 code was already applied once it is no longer valid?

Pretty sure once it's used, you can't use it again even if you cancel the order. And, as far as I know, code stacking tsilon codes will probably get your order cancelled, but if one is from tsilon and another discount coupon from somewhere else, it's okay.

Sad I missed the preorder window for Tales of Xillia: Collector's Edition. Checked the ebgames twitter and they put up the preorders on 17th.

Any other places that would stock it? I called up a local store and they say they don't have it available for preorder in store.

Sheik

What do you mean by "free upgrade"? If you mean the limited edition box set, that comes with all first print copies of SMTIV, so you'd be guaranteed one by pre-ordering.

Oooh, okay. So I don't even have to order it at EB Games? Interesting... Thanks.

I know Project X Zone has a similar thing going on, but I'm not interested in buying it Day 1.

1337Sauce

So on Tsilon I've clicked receive code multiple times, but I still don't think I have ever received one? Literally ever since the Dead Island and Soul Sacrifice ones went up I have been waiting, and have even tried clicking it again, but still nothing at all.

Does anybody know what might be going wrong? Really want to try and get a dead island pre-order in before I have to pay full price.

Sajjaja

So on Tsilon I've clicked receive code multiple times, but I still don't think I have ever received one? Literally ever since the Dead Island and Soul Sacrifice ones went up I have been waiting, and have even tried clicking it again, but still nothing at all.

Does anybody know what might be going wrong? Really want to try and get a dead island pre-order in before I have to pay full price.

Maybe they ran out of codes? How long ago did you request it? I'll PM my Dead Island code if you want, don't plan on using it.

Anth0ny

Same here. Have yet to receive a Last of Us or GTA V code :(

iLLmAtlc

Bell is the only company now that has you pay full cancellation fees if you want to unlock your iphone. Considering how much they like to ape Rogers I'm sure that will change.

Gila

hey guys this isn't really a deal, but Rogers and Fido have changed their unlock policies. Now the contract associated with the phone no longer needs to be fulfilled for the phone to be unlocked, it just needs to be used for at least 90 days. Will still coast $50 bucks.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/rogers-adopts-sane-device-unlocking-policy-8-pay-per-use-roaming/

http://www.kiledjian.com/main/2013/2/13/fido-changing-their-smartphone-unlocking-policy.html

Sorry if old

What does this mean?

Maximus.

What does this mean?

After three months in a three year contract you can call your carrier and pay $50 bucks to unlock your phone. You then can use your phone on any carrier or anywhere in the world that supports your phone, but you are still obliged to finish your contract.

hey guys this isn't really a deal, but Rogers and Fido have changed their unlock policies. Now the contract associated with the phone no longer needs to be fulfilled for the phone to be unlocked, it just needs to be used for at least 90 days. Will still coast $50 bucks.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/rogers-adopts-sane-device-unlocking-policy-8-pay-per-use-roaming/

http://www.kiledjian.com/main/2013/2/13/fido-changing-their-smartphone-unlocking-policy.html

Sorry if old

I didn't even know this was offered. So if I buy an iPhone 5 at a subsidized price on a 3 year plan, I can have it unlocked for a small fee after 90 days?

Magnus

I didn't even realize my phone was 'locked' to my carrier...? Clearly I still don't know how phones work after all these years.

You're telling me that right now, I can't just pop my SIM card out of my iPhone 4 and use my phone with a new contract/plan with Bell or Telus or some other carrier? I have to pay to 'unlock' it first? What the fuck is that?

I realize I'd have to pay for or deal with the rest of my Rogers contract, but I didn't realize there was some other obstruction to me taking my phone to another carrier.

btkadams

guys, how do we find out if a store is doing a preorder bonus? would a customer service rep know if i call or email?

i preordered playstation all-stars from futureshop ages ago and futureshop apparently didn't get the preorder bonus. there weren't retailer-specific preorder bonuses, so it was assumed every store was getting them.

the reason i ask is because i have a preorder for soul sacrifice at futureshop right now and i want to know if i will be getting the preorder bonus. it's not listed on the best buy or futureshop game pages and sony didn't specify retailers. it's not listed on amazon.ca either, but IS shown on the amazon.com page.

Gadirok

guys, how do we find out if a store is doing a preorder bonus? would a customer service rep know if i call or email?

i preordered playstation all-stars from futureshop ages ago and futureshop apparently didn't get the preorder bonus. there weren't retailer-specific preorder bonuses, so it was assumed every store was getting them.

the reason i ask is because i have a preorder for soul sacrifice at futureshop right now and i want to know if i will be getting the preorder bonus. it's not listed on the best buy or futureshop game pages and sony didn't specify retailers. it's not listed on amazon.ca either, but IS shown on the amazon.com page.

They usually don't give out the preorder codes unless its definitely written on the website.

I learned that the hard way when lbp vita came out. Got no preorder incenitive, so I preordered all-stars at gamestop/eb games and they gave me the code on a neat seperate pamphlet with the picture of all the costume codes.

These arent something they pack in with the game, retailersrecieve them seperately to give to the customer when picking up the game. Or in the case of amazon or online retailers, you get the code.

You probAby wont be getting the preorder dlc, but given that you likely had a deal with futureshop its a fair trade off.

For lbp vita, i was bummed i didnt get the costume codes and they were exclusive until last monh. Then I just bought the bioshock costumes my self.

It all depends on the tradeoff I guess. Its a good thing most preorder incenitives are costume codes these days.

costume codes locked to a certain retailer can be bullshit when each retailer has a different color. Luckily if its like smt4 or halo4 its not too bad.

If its arkham city its even worse, cosidering they had the jokers carnival map pack exclusive to eb, costumes for futureshop, and amazon, the entire robin dlc map pack exculusive to fucking best buy (thhis one annoyed me alot since i got mines from eb), and walmart also got a costume code along with the first game arkham asylum selling in a bundle.

Total bullshit, probably the last time I ever pick up a warner bros interactive game on launch or new.

I didn't even realize my phone was 'locked' to my carrier...? Clearly I still don't know how phones work after all these years.

You're telling me that right now, I can't just pop my SIM card out of my iPhone 4 and use my phone with a new contract/plan with Bell or Telus or some other carrier? I have to pay to 'unlock' it first? What the fuck is that?

I realize I'd have to pay for or deal with the rest of my Rogers contract, but I didn't realize there was some other obstruction to me taking my phone to another carrier.

Any phone with a sim card had this restriction. Not only that, if you buy an unlocked phone (factory unlocked) it will lock itself to the carrier you first stick it on.

As it stands right now you can go to any provider other than Bell and only have to pay a 50-75 unlock fee in order to be able to use the phone on other networks. So if you're going abroad you can take your phone with you for example.

Keep in mind this is for iphones only. Any other phone can be unlocked whenever you feel like paying someone in Chinatown 25 bucks to do it.

zroid

Banned
There are more affordable ways to get your phones unlocked, anyway. I did mine for 5 bucks a few years ago.

edit: ahh, iPhones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom